Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Announcement Rip rapmusic.com

Old 05-13-2019, 08:46 PM   #1
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2907 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Rip rapmusic.com

@irvyskeg sent me a message the other day to check out what had happened with RM, and the site was down. It has now been over a week, so we can probably officially announce that RapMusic.com has officially died.

Let's hear some of your best memories from the site that eventually spawned both RMBVA.com and OTBVA.com.

Thanks to @ErikForeman for creating and keeping this place running.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:45 PM   #2
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Rapmusic would frequently pop up in my searches. So I lurked there a bit. I'm trying to remember why I joined this site and not that one. I wonder what's next for that url. Knowing what I do now it seems like that url should be retired and hung in the digital rafters. But I don't believe that's how the web works
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:21 AM   #3
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Laugh N Stalk made a thread on Talk Back about this. Here’s what I posted.

“I remember Soul Khan giving me advice/feedback on one of my Bar Exam battles on there, damn legendary shit.“
Old 05-14-2019, 05:21 AM   #4
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Even gave it a shoutout during my battle with E.T. (Now known as Billy Boondocks) BOLA 3.
“Shit, I’m a rap music nerd when I’m surfin’ but I’m workin’ for certain to let my verses determine the right level of skill” 09 shit.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:23 AM   #5
Tecnik

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tecnik is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Rapmusic would frequently pop up in my searches. So I lurked there a bit. I'm trying to remember why I joined this site and not that one. I wonder what's next for that url. Knowing what I do now it seems like that url should be retired and hung in the digital rafters. But I don't believe that's how the web works
The domain will more than likely sit there in limbo never being put to use, but having its registration renewed year after year, with the owner hoping someone will offer them big money for it.

Recently had to deal with some shit like this for one of my clients at work. Found out that medispa.com is registered, but not in use. The owner of the domain owns a medical spa and uses some ridiculously long domain for it. Contacted the guy about it and he's asking for $1M for the domain. Cocksucker of the highest magnitude.

Certain the same thing will occur with rapmusic.com. Super annoying. Big waste. If anything at least put some type of ads on the page so it's generating even a slight bit of revenue while you're being an asshole.

Favorite memory: Don't really have a specific one... but the grindtime era was a good time on RM. When everyone used to get on tinychat and shit was dope. KOTDC >>>
Tecnik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:21 AM   #6
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
sucks tbh, there were some classic posts on that board, mostly created by me. apollo... still gay. frankie wapps melting down talking shit to borat. franco ranting after SJ. lots of posts over the years from legends. rip.

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 01:04 PM   #7
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
I was a pretty regular poster on RM. I remember the insane amount of battle rap fans that would be on at any given time. Ahhh man I miss the GrindTime days. Was lucky to have previously lived in Orlando and got to see so many battle events. I remember once my homie bought Surgeon General a pack of cigarettes just to have him freestyle some bars lol

Good times, good memories.
TheGodOfPez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:49 PM   #8
grandgroove

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecnik View Post
The domain will more than likely sit there in limbo never being put to use, but having its registration renewed year after year, with the owner hoping someone will offer them big money for it.

Recently had to deal with some shit like this for one of my clients at work. Found out that medispa.com is registered, but not in use. The owner of the domain owns a medical spa and uses some ridiculously long domain for it. Contacted the guy about it and he's asking for $1M for the domain. Cocksucker of the highest magnitude.

Certain the same thing will occur with rapmusic.com. Super annoying. Big waste. If anything at least put some type of ads on the page so it's generating even a slight bit of revenue while you're being an asshole.

Favorite memory: Don't really have a specific one... but the grindtime era was a good time on RM. When everyone used to get on tinychat and shit was dope. KOTDC >>>

I canít stand mass fucking domain campers. The typo squatters, too. Whatever popular website exists, someone snatches up domain names based on popular typos. Scammers, too, for obvious reasons.

A nice story: One of my favorite record stores is Criminal Records in Atlanta. They have the ďcriminal.comĒ domain and, even with the option to sell it for $2-$4m, they refused. The web traffic has been a boon to online album sales.
grandgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 06:03 AM   #9
track 1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
everyone left because they redid the message boards lol. it was pretty bad renovation tbh
track 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 10:08 PM   #10
Jack McCrack

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Jack McCrack is a PY Poster
I'm still seeing rapmusic.com it appears to be back up?
Old 05-20-2019, 02:24 AM   #11
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Crayon Flux. Pie as fuck.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 04:27 PM   #12
MCVeteran

MCVeteran is a PY Poster
Man. Thatís hella. Sad I was on it from the early 2005ís.

Epic beef with Emcee Goddess lol (ur good in my book now)

Scribble jam talk

Man this site got me into rap battles

Lush one going on epic tangets

Crayon flux the goat

Epic text battles

Tax G getting his whole style stolen from Fetty Wap

Me and okwerdz beef.

Calling caustic cockstick and him threatening my life lol

Gonna pour out some beer for the GOAT site in itís day.
MCVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 04:28 PM   #13
MCVeteran

MCVeteran is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
sucks tbh, there were some classic posts on that board, mostly created by me. apollo... still gay. frankie wapps melting down talking shit to borat. franco ranting after SJ. lots of posts over the years from legends. rip.
I had fun going back and forth with u... we were kids lol. I hope your well Matthew !
MCVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 05:30 PM   #14
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
http://rapmusic.com/forums/battle-video-archives.36/

WE BACK BABY.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 05:53 PM   #15
StabYourself
Seasoned Fan

Mentioned: 337 Post(s)
StabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
so, you're saying we should all go back to where this whole thing started? sounds interesting...

http://973-eht-namuh-973.com/
StabYourself is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:03 PM   #16
Milkman45

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Milkman45 is not the worst person
OTBVA>>>

what left RM were the best parts imo
Milkman45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:05 PM   #17
Milkman45

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Milkman45 is not the worst person
i shutdown RM for a couple days in 2013.
Milkman45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:39 PM   #18
everybody knows
kotrafd

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
everybody knows is better than Grind Time Australiaeverybody knows is better than Grind Time Australia
Looking at the old archives here are a couple things I found:

-JJack (from Jumpoff-ish era) beating both The Saurus and Dizaster in some Fresno tournament a long time ago, Tantrum vs Diz also happened in this same bracket.
-sahtyre and Pass finding each other on RM and commiserating over all-age battles because they were both babies
-Phillip Drummond (guy who produced Lush's Music For Dope Runs album) really REALLY being on his hustle selling footage from events and also a shitload of Franco's music.
-Pnut can't stop saying "hehehehehe" on the internet
-cats like Poison Pen, Diabolic, Breez, Immortal Technique etc being regular posters.

And a bunch of other stuff, I just went back to page like 1180 and scrolled forward. Crazy how so much of the scene got birthed through this site
everybody knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:18 PM   #19
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem

Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
- The mass exodus from RM
- Claaaaasic
- Vakill
- HFK wanted to bang Fresco
Serge T is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8217, 8220, 8221