Battle KOTD - Real Deal vs Math Hoffa l #MASS4

View Poll Results: Who won?
Real Deal 5 45.45%
Math Hoffa 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2018, 01:04 PM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
KOTD - Real Deal vs Math Hoffa l #MASS4

iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:21 PM   #2
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Possibly my fave match from this event. Great showing from both. Gave Trevor the W, but close contest. I love when vets show up.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:48 AM   #3
Earl Sweatshop
AKA: 50 Yen, Rice da 5'9"

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Earl Sweatshop is a PY Poster
I'm pretty casual these days, and Real Deal won imo... but can someone explain why a breaking bad scheme would be relevant/good in 2018
Earl Sweatshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:42 AM   #4
zonal

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
zonal is not the worst person
LOL, Math won, without a doubt, and it wasn't close.

Real Deal's whole performance was a series of missteps. If anyone comes up with a new way of doing schemes it isn't going to be him.

The Cheers scheme structured where he raps some lines and then he shows you what he did by just saying all the keywords, you could hear him doing that as soon as he started.

The Breaking Bad scheme where he's pretending he's editing his verse while he's rapping. These types schemes have been done a million times and they're filler at this point.

Hoffa's fight history is like Thesaurus' face. It was once an obvious weak spot but it's been hit so many times that a rapper's gotta have something really good now if they're going to aim there. Real Deal's lines just sounded years out of date.

Real Deal's best bit was his play on Hoffa's slogans and Hoffa pretty much destroyed RD's lines with his flip.
zonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:15 AM   #5
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
The youtube comments on this battle are funny. Best two being the guy having a meltdown because the likes are turned off and someone who explained that "I never missed a beat. Even when Dilla died. J Dilla was a producer".

Math with the win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:36 PM   #6
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
someone who explained that "I never missed a beat. Even when Dilla died. J Dilla was a producer".
People explaining bars that anyone with the tiniest knowledge of rap would know is my new pet hate for sure, lol. They recently had a RYD post where they asked people to explain some of the UK references from Soul vs Matter and there were people explaining things like who Sun Tsu was and what hallucinogenic mushrooms are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Sweatshop View Post
I'm pretty casual these days, and Real Deal won imo... but can someone explain why a breaking bad scheme would be relevant/good in 2018
And a Princess Diana joke. Sure all the young people in the audience know/ care about that!
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.

Last edited by Emancee; 08-21-2018 at 02:22 PM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:38 PM   #7
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Math wins for me, RD did well but some of the material was just stretched out way longer than it needed to be. The cheers scheme in the first, Breaking Bad bars in the second and the whole NY connect thing in the third all needed some trimming, so Math with the win.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.

Last edited by Emancee; 08-21-2018 at 02:20 PM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:04 PM   #8
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
People explaining bars that anyone with the tiniest knowledge of rap would know is my new pet hate for sure, lol. They recently had a RYD post where they asked people to explain some of the UK references from Soul vs Matter and there were people explaining things like who Sun Tsu was and what hallucinogenic mushrooms are

Haha those classic UK references
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:10 PM   #9
Phaget Magnet

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Phaget Magnet is a PY Poster
Math won when he made RD whiff the handshake.
Phaget Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:24 PM   #10
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
this is a pretty good battle tbf , math deffo got it shame he just died so badly at sm he was on a decent run

Tags
mass4