Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
[*K.O.T.D.*] - [#FLATLINE3] - Match Up Announcement #6

Old 10-20-2014, 04:14 AM   #41
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganikHipHop View Post
lol, bro cmon now. Im not scolding fans, Im scolding the same 9 kids that spend every living moment doing what they can to hate on KOTD for any reason they can find on this board.

I respect all the fans.
I'm glad you realize 90% of the anti-KOTD posts on this board are done by trolls that don't believe a word of what they're saying.

JVL's trolling can be funny though, since you guys actually know each other.
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:29 AM   #42
THACITY
THASHITTYWOK

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
THACITY is not the worst person
how is automatic that your a troll if you think KOTD is a fucking joke run by idiots
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I'm bisexual.
THACITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:18 AM   #43
The Kang
99percent resembleMadIllz

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
The Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Bulletz 3-0...Im a Bulletz fan and im glad this was booked....I think Nitty is shitty (BARZ)

I have a feeling Bulletz will come with some treating his eyeballs viciously type shit and get folks back on his side

Current Bottom 15 active battlers

1.Manik
2.Realistic
3.Lexx Luthor
4.Joe Cutter
5.Tycoon Tax
6.Tony D
7.Rum Nitty
8.Deadman
9.KG the Poet
10.Danny Myers
11.Bishop Brigante
12.Skelly
13.Bonnie Godiva
14.Ogmios
15.Pass

Last edited by The Kang; 10-20-2014 at 05:24 AM.
The Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:20 AM   #44
Quiet Entertainer
Livetronica HipHop DJ

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quiet Entertainer is a PY Poster
Bulletz is my favorite battler. Can't wait for these bars.
Quiet Entertainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:13 AM   #45
99sworDzman99

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
99sworDzman99 probably likes in here/hair word play
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher D'Gusto View Post
Stylistically, Nitty vs. Bulletz makes sense. I'm personally not a huge fan of either of them because I don't really like associative wordplay, but I respect the amount of work both Nitty and Bulletz have put in to get where they are in battle rap. For those who dig that particular style of rapping, it'll be a good battle. For those who don't, it'll just be another release that gets skipped.

As for the card itself, while I commiserate with Organik for having to deal with fans consistently shitting on his hard work, I also understand why people are not particularly excited for this event. Let's break it down:

Charron vs Clips: Could be decent if Clips comes with three full rounds, which is not a guarantee considering he gains nothing from battling Charron.
Pat vs. Day: potential classic if Day respects Pat enough to actually rap.
Rone vs. Lavoz: weird style clash that in terms of prestige doesn't benefit either rapper.
Rosenburg vs. Tax: stylistically makes sense, but both are subpar rappers
Danny vs. Dialect: weird style clash that pits the king of reaches (Danny) against an a dude with an accent so thick you can barely make out half of his bars (Dialect).
Bulletz vs. Nitty: stylistically makes sense, but has a low ceiling in terms of potential

So out of 6 battles, you only have one that has classic potential (Pat vs. Day). The rest either don't make sense or will just end up being mediocre. Out of those mediocre ones, you're including a LOT of unpopular battlers (Charron, Bulletz, Lavoz, Danny, etc). So yeah, there's a lot of unwarranted hate for this card, but it's also nothing to write home about.

I understand what you're saying but I must be honest and tell you that Stylistically, Nitty vs. Bulletz makes sense. I'm personally not a huge fan of either of them because I don't really like associative wordplay, but I respect the amount of work both Nitty and Bulletz have put in to get where they are in battle rap. For those who dig that particular style of rapping, it'll be a good battle. For those who don't, it'll just be another release that gets skipped.

As for the card itself, while I commiserate with Organik for having to deal with fans consistently shitting on his hard work, I also understand why people are not particularly excited for this event. Let's break it down:

Charron vs Clips: Could be decent if Clips comes with three full rounds, which is not a guarantee considering he gains nothing from battling Charron.
Pat vs. Day: potential classic if Day respects Pat enough to actually rap.
Rone vs. Lavoz: weird style clash that in terms of prestige doesn't benefit either rapper.
Rosenburg vs. Tax: stylistically makes sense, but both are subpar rappers
Danny vs. Dialect: weird style clash that pits the king of reaches (Danny) against an a dude with an accent so thick you can barely make out half of his bars (Dialect).
Bulletz vs. Nitty: stylistically makes sense, but has a low ceiling in terms of potential

So out of 6 battles, you only have one that has classic potential (Pat vs. Day). The rest either don't make sense or will just end up being mediocre. Out of those mediocre ones, you're including a LOT of unpopular battlers (Charron, Bulletz, Lavoz, Danny, etc). So yeah, there's a lot of unwarranted hate for this card, but it's also nothing to write home about.
99sworDzman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:28 AM   #46
The Kurgan

Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
The Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I quite like the card so far. In fact, this is the only battle I'll definitely not be watching (really not a fan of either, and I have tried).

Even Rosenberg vs Tax'll be worth a spin to see Tax get bodied (while skipping his rounds, which, of course, is the ONLY way to watch a Tax battle).

Charron & Clips'll be good, I'm actually interested to hear what Clips has to say; when he takes things less seriously, he's usually better IMO (he was real entertaining vs Oshea for example). Charron'll come with it anyway.

Pat vs Daylyt'll just be good fun, it's nice to see a title match again finally, and these are two of the most effortlessly engaging rappers. If Day's gimmicks are on point (and for the chain, post Arizona, they should be), this could be a classic like Magic vs Day.

Rone vs Lavoz will be good because of Rone, I've never liked Lavoz, can't rap, lame sense of humour, panders to the crowd, digs dirt etc, seems like a cunt. Rone's terrific though, and it's been so long since he's battled that he's sure to bring it.

Danny vs Dialect will have energy levels through the roof. No matter what you think of Danny's reaches, or Dialect's accent (which by the way is a terrible reason to dismiss a battler, first time Americans heard Oshea they were probably saying the same thing, stick with it and learn), they can both PERFORM, and are hungry as fuck.

I dunno, it's not World Domination by a long shot, but it's a good card so far.
The Kurgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:29 AM   #47
PublicStaticVoid

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
PublicStaticVoid is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganikHipHop View Post
Cause mabe he wanted this battle? Mabe i forced him to take it, Mabe this is a battle that they both agreed to doing without me being involved?

Alot to factor in before yall just start whining and complaining about match ups. Its almost frustrating announcing anything these days..

I can picture some of the people on this forum being the type to stomp in their house crying if their parents bought them a car cause it didnt come in the color they asked for lol... i get not being happy but god damn the same names are so redundant it makes the forums almost useless to check anymore

Same can be said about King Of The Dot. I think the criticism of the fans tells you that you probably need to work on your quality control. Your events this year have been lackluster and your league is suffering a talent deficiency because of your scouting basically. You were too dependent on external talent that you neglected your local performers. This also meant that the demand for your external talent escalated and your local talent was left in the cold again.

Don't Flop is a prime example of what you should have done. Space out your international battles and host more local talent. If you did that, you would even save money and expenses. Each event does not need a plane ticket.

URLTV operates solely on local talent and it is arguably the most successful league right now. I am not hating, I am a fan of battle rap and you are bringing a product to the public. It is for this reason that I feel I have the right to criticize what I do not like. Whether or not you will listen to the feedback is up to you.
PublicStaticVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:01 AM   #48
Dank Schrader
Something whitty

Mentioned: 962 Post(s)
Dank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICE
Glad to see nitty back he should take this, bulletz gotta put effort in for this one. Its a shame dna bulletz wasn't real though that would have been soooo entertaining
MY WINRAR ISN'T LICENSED
Dank Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:11 AM   #49
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
ok i guess i see how this matchup makes sense and im not a fan of either but rum nitty blows bulletz out of the water w/ just overall rapping ability and performance........

Last edited by ghettonetics; 10-20-2014 at 08:15 AM.
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:56 AM   #50
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Alright, fair enough. I'll take your word for it on him not having a following in Canada and what not, I still think he's out of bulletz league.

That being said, serious question, do you have any thoughts as to why Canadian fans seem to be so closed off from the rest of the battle world? The ones who come to events at least. You say nitty was unknown up here and got a huge following from tax, but his Myers battle had just dropped and had a ton of buzz/has way more views than him and tax. It was releSed on the same league, promoted the same, etc...

I just don't understand why Canadian fans are seemingly so closed off, cause I do agree, whenever a big name comes up and I'm chopping it up with people at the event they're still talking about arcane and barely seem to have any clue who the black American guy is...
THe same reason Americans don't know guys until they battle a big american I guess people show loyalty to the local artists more than the international ones.

And what actually is out of touch is the view of this site doesn't represent the views of the average fan

Certain rappers that get hated ALLOT on here have actual fan bases in the real world

Bullets that faced Kid Twist will absolutely killy 3-0
The bullets that faced J Pro will get 3-0'd
I predict 2-1 either way

Last edited by MrMumbles905; 10-20-2014 at 12:04 PM.
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:05 PM   #51
Jaybird

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Jaybird is not the worst person
Used to be that Propaghandi, Neil young and Kotd were my 3 fav things to come out of Canada.
Jaybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:07 PM   #52
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
rum 3-0. won't watch.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:20 PM   #53
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
THe same reason Americans don't know guys until they battle a big american I guess people show loyalty to the local artists more than the international ones.

And what actually is out of touch is the view of this site doesn't represent the views of the average fan

Certain rappers that get hated ALLOT on here have actual fan bases in the real world

Bullets that faced Kid Twist will absolutely killy 3-0
The bullets that faced J Pro will get 3-0'd
I predict 2-1 either way
Burgers is getting 3-0'd by default even if he showed up with material twice as good as his twist shit.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:21 PM   #54
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
Burgers is getting 3-0'd by default even if he showed up with material twice as good as his twist shit.
That's because you're a hater troll who no longer judges based on actual battles anymore
Old 10-20-2014, 12:23 PM   #55
Casual

Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
That's because you're a hater troll who no longer judges based on actual battles anymore
I judge on battles if it's necessary for the matchup. I'll judge daylyt and pat on the battle....

Battles like this, uno/rone...the rappers (using this term lightly for uno and bullets) are so far apart that it's unnecessary.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:28 PM   #56
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
I judge on battles if it's necessary for the matchup. I'll judge daylyt and pat on the battle....

Battles like this, uno/rone...the rappers (using this term lightly for uno and bullets) are so far apart that it's unnecessary.
Ok so bulletz who bodied JC you've already decided lost this match. Ok that's intelligent
Old 10-20-2014, 12:28 PM   #57
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

You let willy turn you all into idiots
Old 10-20-2014, 02:11 PM   #58
Casual

Quote:
Ok so bulletz who bodied JC you've already decided lost this match. Ok that's intelligent
bulletz "bodied" a jc that didn't even bother showing up. hardly impressive.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:12 PM   #59
Casual

Quote:
You let willy turn you all into idiots
and you were just born one.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:38 PM   #60
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
bulletz "bodied" a jc that didn't even bother showing up. hardly impressive.
Oh yeah the URL didn't try excuse didn't see that one coming from you.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:58 PM   #61
Casual

Quote:
Oh yeah the URL didn't try excuse didn't see that one coming from you.
nothing to do with not url. jc has had plenty good performances on kotd.

can't fault someone for not trying vs. a lame like burgers.

oh yeah, wasn't it burgers who explicitly said he didn't try vs. j pro cause he wanted a bigger name? lol, the audacity of that man.... apparently he did try on URL though, but i guess we'll never know since he's stuck in the vault.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:34 PM   #62
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
nothing to do with not url. jc has had plenty good performances on kotd.

can't fault someone for not trying vs. a lame like burgers.

oh yeah, wasn't it burgers who explicitly said he didn't try vs. j pro cause he wanted a bigger name? lol, the audacity of that man.... apparently he did try on URL though, but i guess we'll never know since he's stuck in the vault.
Yeah I don't hold to that excuse when he said it either. I'm a rapper and don't believe with the whole not trying idea No MC is going out there trying to lose.

yeah in cheddahouse and other places bulletz have faced some unknown but somehow J pro to unknown for the guy. He been watching to many URL battles to think that excuse holds water

We will never know how much effort JC put in to the match. You know you can have off performances. Just because you seen JC perform better don't mean that he doesn't try thats a foolish dickriding mentality
Plus I personally thought he was overrated and predicted that 100 Bulletz would beat him.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:36 PM   #63
Casual

Quote:
I'm a rapper.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:45 PM   #64
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Mentioned: 637 Post(s)
King Fly is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by PublicStaticVoid View Post
Your events this year have been lackluster

Don't Flop is a prime example of what you should have done.
1 - BO4/V2R/BOLA5 - other than the no shows at BO4 - what was lackluster about our events this year? V2R and BOLA5 have almost every battle over 100k, BO4 has battles over 500k

2 - DF battles have dropped to barely breaking 20k - thats not a very good "prime example" lol
King Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:47 PM   #65
Casual

you guys need to get bigg k one of those border exemption letters.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:48 PM   #66
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Bulletz is better imo. I'm not a Nitty fan, I don't even watch his battles.

Even if y'all dislike Bulletz as a battler, the same way I dislike Nitty as a battler, I think the hatred some of you direct towards him is a bit extreme.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:55 PM   #67
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Pat Stay/Daylyt and Rone/Daylyt are the only battles I'm looking forward to. Below average card so far imo.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:07 PM   #68
medium sean

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
medium sean is better than Grind Time Australiamedium sean is better than Grind Time Australia
Rum ran out of bars a while ago and bulletz hasnt been good in forever
medium sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:38 PM   #69
3Face
Banned

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
3Face is a PY Poster
Quote:
Hating on a few specific battlers that seem to get booked repeatedly (for reasons i assume exist but we just aren't keen to) =/= hating kotd.
I hate KOTD...
3Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:28 PM   #70
BigNeck

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
BigNeck is not the worst person
Old 10-21-2014, 04:23 AM   #71
thatguy

Mentioned: 768 Post(s)
thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Dizaster is my most favorite battle rapper of all time.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:31 AM   #72
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Yeah I don't hold to that excuse when he said it either. I'm a rapper and don't believe with the whole not trying idea No MC is going out there trying to lose.

yeah in cheddahouse and other places bulletz have faced some unknown but somehow J pro to unknown for the guy. He been watching to many URL battles to think that excuse holds water

We will never know how much effort JC put in to the match. You know you can have off performances. Just because you seen JC perform better don't mean that he doesn't try thats a foolish dickriding mentality
Plus I personally thought he was overrated and predicted that 100 Bulletz would beat him.
it'd benefit everyone, but mostly yourself, if you didnt call yourself a rapper

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:24 AM   #73
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
are all the matchup announcements in one place somewhere? I can't find em. I'm in a prediction blog sorta mood . bwap

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:17 AM   #74
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
are all the matchup announcements in one place somewhere? I can't find em. I'm in a prediction blog sorta mood . bwap
Still more announcements to go. Maybe after that someone (Not me) will put them all together
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:28 AM   #75
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Still more announcements to go. Maybe after that someone (Not me) will put them all together
that explains why i couldn't find a KOTD vid with all of em in it.....word. thanks!

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
flatline3, jvl is j-roc from tpb, notroll