Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Lush One Talks FilmOn Projects (BRC Interview)

Old 05-06-2015, 01:28 AM   #41
BattleRapChris
Media

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
BattleRapChris is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattleRapChris is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
I'd say it's more of battle rappers and people in the scene being thin skinned whiny people and this is the way to ensure he gets content
Maintaining good relationships with battlers/staff is important, but it's also that I'm an adult with pretty good social skills, that I know these people as actual human beings rather than as caricatures on a screen and that I understand how to be more nuanced when I'm introducing a critical line of questioning.

But I'm open to constructive criticism so I'll take everyones pointers into account and start by asking Diz why he's such an irrelevant loser next time I interview him.

Complete "Born Legacy 2" coverage

Complete "Blackout 6" coverage

Complete 2015 In Review coverage

Twitter -> @BattleRapChris
BattleRapChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:29 AM   #42
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRapChris View Post
Maintaining good relationships with battlers/staff is important, but it's also that I'm an adult with pretty good social skills, that I know these people as actual human beings rather than as caricatures on a screen and that I understand how to be more nuanced when I'm introducing a critical line of questioning.

But I'm open to constructive criticism so I'll take everyones pointers into account and start by asking Diz why he's such an irrelevant loser next time I interview him.
You're a nice guy, so you're a nice guy regardless of the context, I'm not even being critical, I enjoy your interviews a lot. My observation that people in the scene have very thin skin is mostly unrelated
Old 05-06-2015, 01:30 AM   #43
BattleRapChris
Media

BattleRapChris is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattleRapChris is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
You're a nice guy, so you're a nice guy regardless of the context, I'm not even being critical, I enjoy your interviews a lot. My observation that people in the scene have very thin skin is mostly unrelated
Yeah sorry, that snark wasn't aimed at you.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:31 AM   #44
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Quote:
Yeah sorry, that snark wasn't aimed at you.
BattlerapChris provin my point that he's nice!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2015, 01:33 AM   #45
BattleRapChris
Media

Quote:
BattlerapChris provin my point that he's nice!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-06-2015, 01:56 AM   #46
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Fair enough. I guess I should have said they're not relevant to seasoned fans. I feel like you're letting them off the hook; so to speak. You can remain neutral and still ask questions without being combative. We already know their personalities, for the most part. Throwing two or three curveballs in there will make these a bit more interesting.
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:06 AM   #47
BattleRapChris
Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
Fair enough. I guess I should have said they're not relevant to seasoned fans. I feel like you're letting them off the hook; so to speak. You can remain neutral and still ask questions without being combative. We already know their personalities, for the most part. Throwing two or three curveballs in there will make these a bit more interesting.
Fair enough. I'll keep that in mind.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:13 AM   #48
The Wise Owl

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
The Wise Owl is not the worst person
I agree a game of softball was played... however, to those of you who are critical to Battle Rap Chris's interview approach, what are the hard-hitting questions that you would of asked Lush One in this setting?
Old 05-06-2015, 02:23 AM   #49
Spacelab

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Spacelab is not the worst person
The exchange about him saying "he knows the difference between real graph art and Microsoft font...but it's trying to get those people at the corporate level to understand," etc is just sad.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:07 AM   #50
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
I hope I still have some hair left when I'm 43yo
Battlehogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 03:52 AM   #51
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Chris is the battle rap journalist smack, if it ain't on his channel it don't count!
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 04:06 AM   #52
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Quote:
What questions do you want asked fam, serious question?..... THese cats aren't pro athletes making millions of dollars... Bring that up, cause you seen Floyd didn't answer any questions lately about his domestic charges, and he shouldn't... I fully get Floyd doesn't need ESPN or any fake journalist to help his cause, he sells himself... It's a lower level, but Lush gains nothing from answering drug issue questions that weird ass trolls might be obsessed with.. Not taking a shot at you, but most of this shit is nobodies business, except people that are close to him...
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 04:25 AM   #53
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1156 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
@BattleRapChris u catch way less hate than u should... not cuz u deserve it but bcuz we are critical judgemental ass holes

u r cemented as certified og on this board
don't gotta take shit from no1
SpecialOh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:48 AM   #54
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ass2myface View Post
What questions do you want asked fam, serious question?..... THese cats aren't pro athletes making millions of dollars... Bring that up, cause you seen Floyd didn't answer any questions lately about his domestic charges, and he shouldn't... I fully get Floyd doesn't need ESPN or any fake journalist to help his cause, he sells himself... It's a lower level, but Lush gains nothing from answering drug issue questions that weird ass trolls might be obsessed with.. Not taking a shot at you, but most of this shit is nobodies business, except people that are close to him...
I think it's the overall portrayal of Lush in this video. Lush gains some respect and credibility by taking accountability for all the shady/terrible business he's done. Ask him why does he continue to set up Dizaster with things he isn't deserving of? Why not ask Dizaster what impact his decision to sucker punch Math and how it's subsequently slowed his already boring career down? Obviously you don't have to phrase it like I am, but you can ask questions that aren't as dull. Or just during the interview ask Lush why he made that Road to Ether talking about sobriety and why he's here smoking. It just seems like all this is doing is still praising people for accomplishments they've done in the past. Really though, what has Lush or Dizaster done in the last two years that make them relevant? (positively)

The two of them combined have been more a determent to battle rap as opposed to anything you could consider positive.(In the past two years)

Last edited by Hitchslap; 05-06-2015 at 07:52 AM.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:05 PM   #55
Juan Demarco
Marinated Fan

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Juan Demarco is a PY Poster
Quote:
I think it's the overall portrayal of Lush in this video. Lush gains some respect and credibility by taking accountability for all the shady/terrible business he's done. Ask him why does he continue to set up Dizaster with things he isn't deserving of? Why not ask Dizaster what impact his decision to sucker punch Math and how it's subsequently slowed his already boring career down? Obviously you don't have to phrase it like I am, but you can ask questions that aren't as dull. Or just during the interview ask Lush why he made that Road to Ether talking about sobriety and why he's here smoking. It just seems like all this is doing is still praising people for accomplishments they've done in the past. Really though, what has Lush or Dizaster done in the last two years that make them relevant? (positively)

The two of them combined have been more a determent to battle rap as opposed to anything you could consider positive.(In the past two years)
He already answered this.

He's Dizaster's manager.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:16 AM   #56
Soul
VIP

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Soul is not the worst person
I've done a decent # of interviews and Chris is by far the best interviewer/journalist battle rap has/has ever/will ever had/have.

Weekly round ups of insta straight up shit tier though lets keep it real.
Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:12 AM   #57
Vanilla
Original RMBVA Dondatta

Mentioned: 729 Post(s)
Vanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Yo @Nick H. just shave it off dawg.....rock the baldy son...what? you scared? you ain't 2pac bro !

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganikHipHop View Post
after all of this.. yall will still call us hill billys downplay our role and our history... but it aint gonna change shit
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:17 AM   #58
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1156 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul View Post
I've done a decent # of interviews
same

and i agree bro
SpecialOh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:10 AM   #59
99sworDzman99

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
99sworDzman99 probably likes in here/hair word play
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Yo @Nick H. just shave it off dawg.....rock the baldy son...what? you scared? you ain't 2pac bro !
good one cac

u tell everyone on the coli that ur a white battle rap dork named VanillaNigga?
99sworDzman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:12 AM   #60
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

Dont do it, he'll punch or chokeslam you as soon as you look the other way!!!
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:39 AM   #61
barack mo drama

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
barack mo drama is not the worst person
Ask if they eat ass

wut type of shit do u want him to ask

#chrisfuckedyobitch
barack mo drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:18 AM   #62
rogermellie

rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Unbiased interview breakdown:

Lush One claims he wants to preserve the 'integrity' of battle rap.

Lush has done everything to do the exact opposite. His events have no integrity, and his FilmOn bullshit is doing everything to exploit battle rap's 'integrity'.

Lush claims 'if the bars aren't there, it's not real' and he's here to preserve that.

Lush continues to promote Dizaster, who is polar opposite of someone with 'bars'.

If Lush came out and said 'yeah I'm trying to exploit the fuck out of this and get paid best I can' I wouldn't mind. Sadly, he keeps trying to pretend he's not doing that. This is why the majority of the comments are negative and people don't want to fuck with Lush or FilmOn.

Also, the interviewer needs to ask some better questions and not pander to who you're doing the interview with.
Irony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:22 AM   #63
CollarboneSnap

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
CollarboneSnap is not the worst person
dude why are you paying to have your hair cut when you can just wait two more weeks for mother nature to finish the job
Then-then-then put on-put on the same

CONDOM I WORE LAST NIGHT
CollarboneSnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:08 PM   #64
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
Irony.
Negged.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:51 PM   #65
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
That "Bars and Delivery" video ruined my entire day. Casual ain't shit lmfao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:58 PM   #66
CBA

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wise Owl View Post
This bottom pic of Lush needs to be a new smiley, but cut out the barber
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:02 PM   #67
CBA

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
Quote:
Unbiased interview breakdown:

Lush One claims he wants to preserve the 'integrity' of battle rap.

Lush has done everything to do the exact opposite. His events have no integrity, and his FilmOn bullshit is doing everything to exploit battle rap's 'integrity'.

Lush claims 'if the bars aren't there, it's not real' and he's here to preserve that.

Lush continues to promote Dizaster, who is polar opposite of someone with 'bars'.

If Lush came out and said 'yeah I'm trying to exploit the fuck out of this and get paid best I can' I wouldn't mind. Sadly, he keeps trying to pretend he's not doing that. This is why the majority of the comments are negative and people don't want to fuck with Lush or FilmOn.

Also, the interviewer needs to ask some better questions and not pander to who you're doing the interview with.
Very bizarre that I find myself agreeing with Hitchslap for once, to be fair, Diz pretty much brings in the most views for the west coast and often heavily promotes his battles in a way that few others do. Even though guys like Thesaurus, Daylyt (when he tries), Illmac, and even someone like Passwurdz are probably better battle rappers, Dizaster just generates way more interest and hype these days. In a weird ass way you can almost say he's the John Cena of battle rap.

As for the whole Filmon stuff, long story short, cocaine doesn't purchase itself, Uno high times has to get the money from somewhere.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:45 PM   #68
rogermellie

rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Negged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:20 AM   #69
cooldoctormoney

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
cooldoctormoney is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharronBeatArsonal View Post
This bottom pic of Lush needs to be a new smiley, but cut out the barber
^ this
cooldoctormoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:11 PM   #70
The Wise Owl

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
The Wise Owl is not the worst person
IDK why, but I've watched this video at least twice now.... bald head homie with the crackhed lookin hoe is wild entertainment.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:39 PM   #71
coleowsuz
IhaveJungleFever

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
coleowsuz is better than Grind Time Australiacoleowsuz is better than Grind Time Australia
Damnn Lush looks like he's 50 without the fitted hat and sunglasses on.
coleowsuz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a.white, battle rap chris for prime minister, bugsy bricks = goat, chrisfuckedyobitch