Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Where Would Battle Rap Be If KOTD Wasn't Run By Hillbilly Derelicts? :jabroni:

Old 05-12-2015, 04:02 PM   #1
Vanilla
Original RMBVA Dondatta

Mentioned: 729 Post(s)
Vanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Where Would Battle Rap Be If KOTD Wasn't Run By Hillbilly Derelicts? :jabroni:

Hey now,

I was thinking about where battle rap is and how many fuck ups there's been over the years... things that could have expanded and put on for battling and something just fucks up..(Diz vs Canibus)

Now, you can say, "well, there wouldn't be KOTD if Organik didn't start it and battle rap wouldn't have the reach that it does today.."

I disagree though

Smack had a great movement going and eventually someone else would have caught on (new league)....I mean, we probably wouldn't know as much about guys like Hollohan, Loe Pesci, Bender, etc.. but does anyone really care? Pat probably would've emerged still...but really, how useful is the KOTD roster today? Organik made that clear by puttin em all in GZ...that speaks volumes bro fr

But do you think battle rap would be even bigger if someone with great business sense actually ran the shit?

Think about if scrubs like Gully were cut off from the teet and those 20-30 racks he's sucking up went to big ass matches?

damn bro....shit.....I know it's a lot to think about....but think about it bro... fr real shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganikHipHop View Post
after all of this.. yall will still call us hill billys downplay our role and our history... but it aint gonna change shit

Last edited by Vanilla; 05-12-2015 at 04:05 PM.
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 04:04 PM   #2
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Beaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICE
vanilla snappin!!!
GoldRaffleBojangles,SnowsCastleBojangles,QuoteSnap pleBojangles,ClothesNaturalBojangles,BrosBlackHole Bojangles,PulpedMangosBojangles,WroteDjangoBojangl es,SoakedFlannelBojangles,RogueAngelBojangles,Home NashvilleBojangles,CrowsHateLawsBojangles,ToveAvri lBojangles,ThrowShrapnelBojangles,GrossRainbowBoja ngles,NoRacialBojangles,RomeStatueBojangles
Beaux Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 04:37 PM   #3
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
tbh, the biggest issue for me is talent scouting. If I remember correctly a lot of the earlier KOTD dudes were convinced by KOTD crew to battle (dudes like Hollohan, Pesci, etc.) as a way to get their names out, sell more tapes, etc., and this got dudes more into battle rap. I dunno if this is still going on, but I don't recall the last time I saw someone from out East who was new and impressive.

Also, pushing dudes like Tax has to stop. And the arguments to defend Tax and battlers like him. I look in the GZGP and I see PoRich vs KP. Okay, so KP "wins" for judges, but these are the most bland, generic of battlers who provide nothing new. Who gives a shit about generic battlers who can sort of punch? Oh, they have "bars"? Who doesn't have "bars"? Writing double entendres isn't that hard if they're not creative or fresh and I think that the biggest down fall in KOTD in Canada is that there aren't any dudes being brought through who're fresh or interesting.

Dunno if this is a lack of scouting or just an indictment of the type of people battling in hip hop, but it's true that Canadian battling has gone pretty stale, especially out east. If it's just that it's stale, not much I can say. That being said, shout out to La Sparka and Willie B for the great job they're doing of making it fun in Vancouver. If you look at it, Vancouver has a pretty fun GZ scene with dudes like Lil G which is still presenting fresh match ups. I mean, even if most of them aren't your thing, Vancouver has Ape Yola, DDSS, Wild Card, Illipsis, Rupert Common, Copasecetic, Lil G, Pigsty, and more, and none of them are at all bland, formulaic battlers. Sure, not all of them are great, and not all of them will be what a lot of fans want, but it's at least something fresh. Also, people seem to have fun at events there and it brings in new fans, so it's doing something right. Toronto is just jaded dudes in hoodies with beat up sneakers who look like they begrudgingly left their mom's basement after a long day of listening to Tupac and playing Call of Duty.

BTW, these criticisms don't apply in Cali either. This Back To Basics idea is great and I love the idea of trying to get MCs in Cali back involved, and to try to make it without just bringing in expensive talent that doesn't really give a fuck about the battle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:07 PM   #4
The Kurgan

Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
The Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
tbh, the biggest issue for me is talent scouting. If I remember correctly a lot of the earlier KOTD dudes were convinced by KOTD crew to battle (dudes like Hollohan, Pesci, etc.) as a way to get their names out, sell more tapes, etc., and this got dudes more into battle rap. I dunno if this is still going on, but I don't recall the last time I saw someone from out East who was new and impressive.

Also, pushing dudes like Tax has to stop. And the arguments to defend Tax and battlers like him. I look in the GZGP and I see PoRich vs KP. Okay, so KP "wins" for judges, but these are the most bland, generic of battlers who provide nothing new. Who gives a shit about generic battlers who can sort of punch? Oh, they have "bars"? Who doesn't have "bars"? Writing double entendres isn't that hard if they're not creative or fresh and I think that the biggest down fall in KOTD in Canada is that there aren't any dudes being brought through who're fresh or interesting.

Dunno if this is a lack of scouting or just an indictment of the type of people battling in hip hop, but it's true that Canadian battling has gone pretty stale, especially out east. If it's just that it's stale, not much I can say. That being said, shout out to La Sparka and Willie B for the great job they're doing of making it fun in Vancouver. If you look at it, Vancouver has a pretty fun GZ scene with dudes like Lil G which is still presenting fresh match ups. I mean, even if most of them aren't your thing, Vancouver has Ape Yola, DDSS, Wild Card, Illipsis, Rupert Common, Copasecetic, Lil G, Pigsty, and more, and none of them are at all bland, formulaic battlers. Sure, not all of them are great, and not all of them will be what a lot of fans want, but it's at least something fresh. Also, people seem to have fun at events there and it brings in new fans, so it's doing something right. Toronto is just jaded dudes in hoodies with beat up sneakers who look like they begrudgingly left their mom's basement after a long day of listening to Tupac and playing Call of Duty.

BTW, these criticisms don't apply in Cali either. This Back To Basics idea is great and I love the idea of trying to get MCs in Cali back involved, and to try to make it without just bringing in expensive talent that doesn't really give a fuck about the battle.
All this is super on-point.

KotD Canada need to push rappers with their own identity, rather than the PG wannabes that inhabit 80%+ of GZ. I know guys like Philip Solo catch a lot of flack on here, but EVEN HE is more worthy of big battles than Tax/Nye/Casper etc, cause at least he's honing his OWN craft.

Some people think the anti Tax (and by extention all GZ Steppers) brigade just don't like Canadians doing street styles, but it's far from that. The likes of Skelly, Bishop, Scandalis & even Notes or Crakk on a good day all do that stuff well IMO, but that's because they make it their own, without the carbon copy URL flow/writing/mannerisms/angles.

Uh, as for the OP I don't agree, KotD do a GREAT job, especially in Cali. The way they handle up and coming (mostly Canadian) talent (or fail to) is the only thing I can fault them on really. They do some REALLY stupid stuff like FAB/Canibus/Shotty & Ars rematch on occasion but as I understand it, in these cases the money is put up by somebody else, so they might as well.

TLDR Tax GTFOH

Last edited by The Kurgan; 05-12-2015 at 08:10 PM.
The Kurgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:32 PM   #5
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Seanzo bodied this thread.

He's right though. While Toronto is still the "main hub"... the talent there has been steadily going downhill.

Pigsty could beat any up and comer out East.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:52 PM   #6
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
i can't believe that they let DF beat them to ATL, too. the south has been laying dormant for ages. linking up with Sonny/Syd was such a layup in terms of expanding... not to mention Detroit, which is wicked close to Toronto.

and the inexplicable GZ experiment that no one outside of the staff understands isn't helping.
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii

Last edited by riffic; 05-12-2015 at 09:56 PM.
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:07 PM   #7
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
they need to appeal to the youngins

if u dont agree that battle rap is not made for the youtube audience ur lying to urself

the numbers dont lie... anybody who does battle rap related shit gets HUGE views.. except battle rap leagues

i aint saying "do this" im just saying be creative
this channel had NO views and NO subs and 1 creative vid gets em 11 Mil views

creativityyy (obv with real battle rappers they got talent to make sumthin creative AND actually good)
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:10 PM   #8
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
lush one should be dressing up like krusty the clown and dropping epic rap battles of history parodies instead of his ether shit nobody wanna see

(the parodies of a parody still get millions of views)
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 11:29 PM   #9
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Mentioned: 805 Post(s)
Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:

Yooo! This.

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 11:30 PM   #10
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
Also OP is a weirdo considering that KOTD came before URL.

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Old 05-12-2015, 11:43 PM   #11
Hanzaki

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Hanzaki is not the worst person
Quote:

Yeah this is pretty on point
Hanzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:43 PM   #12
Vanilla
Original RMBVA Dondatta

Vanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Also OP is a weirdo considering that KOTD came before URL.
You're in your late 20's, already flabby n sick, and purposely move to low income areas to feel more in touch with the "culture and lifestyle"... You aren't at liberty to be calling others weird bro, real shit

Quote:
after all of this.. yall will still call us hill billys downplay our role and our history... but it aint gonna change shit
Old 05-13-2015, 03:57 PM   #13
Vanilla
Original RMBVA Dondatta

Quote:

I agree with pretty much all of that.... I do have one thing tho... The part bolded

Yes, these criticisms don't apply to Cali but Organik didn't start or develop it ... He glued together pieces from Grind Time.. It was incredible business and I'd categorize it as a hostile takeover... just came in and swooped on that roster..

There's just too many fuck ups when it comes to the way KOTD is being run.. and @justin0 you're 100% right... people always got criticism for others business, there's no doubt--but as something as rudimentary as battle rap, I mean, imagine someone with great business sense running it with no emotional attachment to the battlers...it's not like there isn't transparency either...we saw from that goofy documentary Lush put out that all you have to do is not bury your face in snow and xanax bars and it's very simple..

KOTD lucked out big by Drake being from Toronto and having history with Bishop.... that funding has been crucial

Quote:
Old 05-13-2015, 05:10 PM   #14
JustJ123

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I think battle raps doing about as well as it should be. Some events could be puling more views but its still nothing compared to what other shit pulls in.

I really can't imagine battle rap as it is blowing up into some huge industry.

The biggest potential surge in popularity was probably when Kendrick put out control. For a short period people were interested in the whole call/response thing. Which is similar to what battle rap is. Then it passed, because the average Hip-Hop fan doesn't really care about that shit.

People thought UFF being on BET was a sign of the future but it obviously wasn't that impacting after 3? Or was it 4? Seasons. Or when 106 got cancelled they would have just given UFF its own time slot. But it wasn't pulling in numbers to make it worthy, even though it was Smack/URL.

And if people want to argue that the people on UFF had something to do wth that since it wasn't top tiers I'd mention Total Slaughter. Top tiers on TV, promoted by Eminem and Slaughter House. Still only a slight surge in popularity for battle rap as a whole. The format def wasn't enough for some of those people to truly shine but it would have been enough to help battle rap grow even more if they didn't shit the bed.

Battle rap is right where its suppose to be, appealing to a niche market.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:28 PM   #15
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
i just laughed so hard @ hillbilly derelicts

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:38 PM   #16
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
If battle rap could be an extremely profitable business venture if someone with business sense was behind it, why don't people with business sense get behind it? And past potential issues with recruiting, I don't see really what mistakes KOTD make
Old 05-15-2015, 01:01 AM   #17
Vanilla
Original RMBVA Dondatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
I think battle raps doing about as well as it should be. Some events could be puling more views but its still nothing compared to what other shit pulls in.

I really can't imagine battle rap as it is blowing up into some huge industry.

The biggest potential surge in popularity was probably when Kendrick put out control. For a short period people were interested in the whole call/response thing. Which is similar to what battle rap is. Then it passed, because the average Hip-Hop fan doesn't really care about that shit.

People thought UFF being on BET was a sign of the future but it obviously wasn't that impacting after 3? Or was it 4? Seasons. Or when 106 got cancelled they would have just given UFF its own time slot. But it wasn't pulling in numbers to make it worthy, even though it was Smack/URL.

And if people want to argue that the people on UFF had something to do wth that since it wasn't top tiers I'd mention Total Slaughter. Top tiers on TV, promoted by Eminem and Slaughter House. Still only a slight surge in popularity for battle rap as a whole. The format def wasn't enough for some of those people to truly shine but it would have been enough to help battle rap grow even more if they didn't shit the bed.

Battle rap is right where its suppose to be, appealing to a niche market.
This post was good as hell (sound like I'm repeating myself here but it's true)

When I made the thread tho, I wasn't implying that it would be some dominating industry that'd move out of the niche market... I'm specifically talking about all the times the ball was dropped by the transparently inexperienced KOTD team.. so many events with great hype and potential to deliver failed by brain dead decisions...

Most battlers that get booked are in the 23-35 age range (fatherless generation) so a bit of flakiness/last minute cop outs is expected...but you have a card that happens what? Every couple months or so? Apparently staff is full-time too and it's STILL run exactly like you'd expect from 20-somethings that move like amateur stoners still in HS with "a totally sweet idea for a business"

It's the same formula:

1) Lurk RMBVA, see what match ups people that live their lives around battle rap want to see, book battles, then take credit for it and praise the "yes man" Facebook fans

2) Smoke weed, bullshit around on Twitter with tweets about how big things are happening, how blessed you feel, the people in your life are amazing/brothers, etc.

3) Casually send out some safety deposits and contracts to be signed--take blind faith that all the battlers are good on their word

4) Announce 2-3 days before or day of battle that said battler won't be able to make it... had issues

5) Hit up Twitter and Facebook with some long passive aggressive post pointing fingers at people (of course no names mentioned), say the people in your life can't be trusted, condemn fans for being spoiled/impatient/trolls, etc.

6) Deflect, ignore everything, lay low for a few weeks

7) Rinse and repeat

I mean really, am I missing something here? It'd be crazy to see the difference if things were run by someone that actually had a set of stones....Drake has saved their ass..

Quote:
Old 05-15-2015, 01:04 AM   #18
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
i can't believe that they let DF beat them to ATL, too. the south has been laying dormant for ages. linking up with Sonny/Syd was such a layup in terms of expanding... not to mention Detroit, which is wicked close to Toronto.

and the inexplicable GZ experiment that no one outside of the staff understands isn't helping.
and Chicago this summer
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:09 AM   #19
Vanilla
Original RMBVA Dondatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
If battle rap could be an extremely profitable business venture if someone with business sense was behind it, why don't people with business sense get behind it? And past potential issues with recruiting, I don't see really what mistakes KOTD make
First question you posed has been beaten to death.

As for the mistakes....I can't tell if you're trolling? There's an endless list. Here's 3 that instantly come to mind:

1) Booking Arsonal vs Shotty again--hoping to duplicate the success of the first one, it's going to fall incredibly short. The only reason that first one was as successful as it was, was because of the crowd, the stage set up, and Dead Mau5 doing a one off co-sign.

2) Canibus vs Diz--We can't hold KOTD responsible for Canibus, it's Canibus that fucked up right? Imagine if Canibus actually respected Organik...guarantee it wouldn't of went down like that

3) Almost every pay-per-view that's been out

Quote:
Old 05-15-2015, 01:20 AM   #20
Jack Deuce
Media

Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
First question you posed has been beaten to death.

As for the mistakes....I can't tell if you're trolling? There's an endless list. Here's 3 that instantly come to mind:

1) Booking Arsonal vs Shotty again--hoping to duplicate the success of the first one, it's going to fall incredibly short. The only reason that first one was as successful as it was, was because of the crowd, the stage set up, and Dead Mau5 doing a one off co-sign.

2) Canibus vs Diz--We can't hold KOTD responsible for Canibus, it's Canibus that fucked up right? Imagine if Canibus actually respected Organik...guarantee it wouldn't of went down like that

3) Almost every pay-per-view that's been out
1) Nikaya put up the money for Ars/Shotty because he wanted to see it. KOTD aligned with the card as a whole because an arrangement wherein they help with the logistics of running an event in exchange for adding quality content to their platform. It would be a terrible business move to refuse that content, the same is the case with Duel in the Desert.

2) Canibus vs Diz went down how it did. Are we forgetting how insignificant KOTD were prior to that battle relative to where they are now? The Canibus disaster (no pun intended) was arguably good for them.

3) PPV's have been iffy for a variety of reasons, but generally it's true that this is, a pretty bad look.

Overall, I don't see most of their mistakes as being major ones, their major problem is that people like Casual and I (for example) express their perspectives much better than they themselves do. Past Avo, everyone involved who speaks publicly has had a major foot in their mouth moment. Their PR could use work
Old 05-15-2015, 04:07 AM   #21
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Quote:
You're in your late 20's, already flabby n sick, and purposely move to low income areas to feel more in touch with the "culture and lifestyle"... You aren't at liberty to be calling others weird bro, real shit
1. Not flabby.

2. Not sick

3. I live in the area where the school I work is. I can literally walk to work. It's awesome.

4. You are an internet nerd who doesn't exist in real life looool

Old 05-15-2015, 09:20 AM   #22
OrganikHipHop
www.KOTDTV.com

Mentioned: 587 Post(s)
OrganikHipHop is not the worst person
Quote:
I agree with pretty much all of that.... I do have one thing tho... The part bolded

Yes, these criticisms don't apply to Cali but Organik didn't start or develop it ... He glued together pieces from Grind Time.. It was incredible business and I'd categorize it as a hostile takeover... just came in and swooped on that roster..

There's just too many fuck ups when it comes to the way KOTD is being run.. and @justin0 you're 100% right... people always got criticism for others business, there's no doubt--but as something as rudimentary as battle rap, I mean, imagine someone with great business sense running it with no emotional attachment to the battlers...it's not like there isn't transparency either...we saw from that goofy documentary Lush put out that all you have to do is not bury your face in snow and xanax bars and it's very simple..

KOTD lucked out big by Drake being from Toronto and having history with Bishop.... that funding has been crucial
why im responding to this when it doesnt matter anyway? i dont know. But drake didnt fund near as much as what people thought and didnt get involved cause he knew bishop. Drake got involved cause Young Tony judge the WRC's and became a battle fan and later one of Drakes best friends, they reached out to me and we made it happen. Drake paid for Arsonal vs Dizaster at WD4, and a couple of the big battles at BO5 and thats it. very generous of him to do but please, dont push our work to the side and act like weve just been given handouts when the leagues you probably admire the most gets more handouts then anyone and have their main events paid by others with money.

Now, all is easier said then done but i wanna point out a couple things. Sure you guys can say Smack was doing well and built but no, they wernt. SMACK had backed off the battle scene for years until the emergence of KOTD and GT. Of course smack has roots and history but please dont just forget what actually transpired in this new era's emergence

Now, we also didnt 'swoop in and steal talent' from grind time. We built KOTD in Canada for 3 years strongly, developed a cult following and went from there. When GT started to fall apart many of the popular GT rappers didnt have a home and the west coast seen was quickly perishing, we jumped in to stop that from happening. URL uses many rappers that battled in GT first aswell, but hey, well stay quiet about that topic in this argument cause its a valid point to discredit your accusations.

Ive learned this. No matter what we do, or where we do it, we will never satisfy most people and im okay with that cause its built in your minds that your outlook on us is your outlook on us. Your either open minded to battle rap as a whole or your close minded and stick to whatever you feel like rallying for.

As far as talent scouting. We do what we can but again, our population in Canada as a whole is smaller then the state of new york. I did alot of scouting for many years before i started KOTD which gave us our opening roster but it comes down to this. Fans dont really ever give the new Canadian guys a chance and usually push them away from the scene before they can ever grow. People who were very talented such as Loe Pesci, Osa, etc dont care to cater to put a bunch of time in verses only to have a bunch of kids rally against them for no reason other than online boredom. Now, speak on Tor GZ vs Van GZ which seanzo describes as fun... where if youve came to the last kotd gz events in torontoi would say the same. I go to almost all and have been at every division for all types of events.

after all of this.. yall will still call us hill billys downplay our role and our history... but it aint gonna change shit cause for the last 7 years the majority of fans have been praying on our downfall. Before all of this it was hoping GT would crush us, then UW, TS, FilmOn, URL, etc... its a never ending saga for battle fans but we continually persevere, and deliver the content and match ups most the fans ask for, were easily the most accessible 'league owners' and always interact with our fanbase... but as i said earlier... your the only person who can control your perception.

List out the battles from BO5, B2B, Massacre and continue to rant about how were falling off and lucky to have this and that after 7 years of grinding daily doing all the work YOU never get to see

Last edited by OrganikHipHop; 05-15-2015 at 09:45 AM.
OrganikHipHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:36 AM   #23
OrganikHipHop
www.KOTDTV.com

Mentioned: 587 Post(s)
OrganikHipHop is not the worst person
Also, if KOTD had the kinks all your favorite leagues had yall would crucify us. Weve never had events get shut down for fights, weve never had events get shut down cause venue wasnt booked properly, weve never had non payment issues, weve never just dissapeared for a couple months, weve never had fans fly across the world for our event to not even happen, weve always delivered a good solid show and content... and if youve ever been to a big KOTD battle event in Toronto you would know that nobody is putting even half the effort in that we are. To those that appreciate it.... WE APPRECIATE YOU!!

been staying off the forums lately cause its more negativity then positivity but just know that were focussing on those that support us and not the opposite

Last edited by OrganikHipHop; 05-15-2015 at 09:44 AM.
OrganikHipHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:48 AM   #24
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Willy Pilgrim is better than Grind Time AustraliaWilly Pilgrim is better than Grind Time Australia
I always knew Young Tony was the driving force behind the likes of Tycoon Tax. smh Pesci was a KOTD favourite even though he chokes 50% of the time. He just never recovered from that nut buttering.
Willy Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:57 AM   #25
The Kang
99percent resembleMadIllz

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
The Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

been staying off the forums lately cause its more negativity then positivity but just know that were focussing on those that support us and not the opposite
At least you get some honest opinions here....The Kotd talkback group is just a bunch of people kissing the leagues ass hoping to get likes from battle rappers like Lexx and Tycoon for acting like they have any talent and are wanted by any true battle fans...Some folks here are gonna troll ya from time to time but the people in talkback are trolling all the time because they agree with everything even when they know its bullshit...Most of us respect you here and we respect you enough to not bullshit you.

Current Bottom 15 active battlers

1.Manik
2.Realistic
3.Lexx Luthor
4.Joe Cutter
5.Tycoon Tax
6.Tony D
7.Rum Nitty
8.Deadman
9.KG the Poet
10.Danny Myers
11.Bishop Brigante
12.Skelly
13.Bonnie Godiva
14.Ogmios
15.Pass
The Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:10 AM   #26
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Willy Pilgrim is better than Grind Time AustraliaWilly Pilgrim is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kang View Post
At least you get some honest opinions here....The Kotd talkback group is just a bunch of people kissing the leagues ass hoping to get likes from battle rappers like Lexx and Tycoon for acting like they have any talent and are wanted by any true battle fans...Some folks here are gonna troll ya from time to time but the people in talkback are trolling all the time because they agree with everything even when they know its bullshit...Most of us respect you here and we respect you enough to not bullshit you.
Lexx Luthor must be good at sucking up to people. He travels around the world battling has like 100 battles online and at best barely cracked 50k views.
Willy Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:19 PM   #27
BrotherMouzone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
BrotherMouzone is not the worst person
Quote:
As far as talent scouting. We do what we can but again, our population in Canada as a whole is smaller then the state of new york. I did alot of scouting for many years before i started KOTD which gave us our opening roster but it comes down to this. Fans dont really ever give the new Canadian guys a chance and usually push them away from the scene before they can ever grow. People who were very talented such as Loe Pesci, Osa, etc dont care to cater to put a bunch of time in verses only to have a bunch of kids rally against them for no reason other than online boredom. Now, speak on Tor GZ vs Van GZ which seanzo describes as fun... where if youve came to the last kotd gz events in torontoi would say the same. I go to almost all and have been at every division for all types of events.
You can't just blame the fans for the fact you're not developing your own talent. Your fans are pushing Canadian battlers away, but yet Fresh Coast, DF and URL are all bringing in new guys and making them work/popular with their fanbase. You can't deny that there been a complete lack of success from GZ in terms of getting them on the main channel and over with the fans.
BrotherMouzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:06 PM   #28
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

Mentioned: 371 Post(s)
uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
shit on ganik all u want but he put time into tycoon tax and now i actually like the guy even tho i think he did an interview where he thought he was gonna get raped by black men at a party or something

he put on bulletz and tax and others but maybe thats not as cool in some ppls eyes as like a deadman or a ... briz rawstein

only thing u need to be mad at ganik for is the lack of bulle and notez
Old 05-15-2015, 02:13 PM   #29
Jack Deuce
Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kang View Post
I don't think that's true of talkback at all. It's people making dumb threads and being told they're unseasoned. Nothing productive goes on there, but I wouldn't say it's dick sucking fest either
Old 05-15-2015, 04:25 PM   #30
thatguy

Mentioned: 768 Post(s)
thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
There are one or two weirdos on the staff but I like most of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Dizaster is my most favorite battle rapper of all time.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote