Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Drake vs Eminem...The only battle that makes sense for either of them.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:04 AM   #1
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Willy Pilgrim is better than Grind Time AustraliaWilly Pilgrim is better than Grind Time Australia

Let's face it. Total Slaughter was a flop. If Cassidy and Dizaster isn't a classic Drake vs Eminem will be the only battle that will keep the mainstream interested. No one wants to see Drake vs Mook. If it's true that Drake actually wants to battle Mook it's only because it's an easy win for Drizzy.
Willy Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:07 AM   #2
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
Drake isn't built for any competition outside of canadian sports. Like the 30 yard dash to hold a door for a stranger.
@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:59 AM   #3
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I bet people still want to see Drake vs Kendrick, at least that could be heated.

Jay took a jab at Drake and he was too respectful in his response. Drake wouldn't want to offend Em so he'd go light.
JOBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:11 AM   #4
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Willy Pilgrim is better than Grind Time AustraliaWilly Pilgrim is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBone View Post
I bet people still want to see Drake vs Kendrick, at least that could be heated.

Jay took a jab at Drake and he was too respectful in his response. Drake wouldn't want to offend Em so he'd go light.
Yeah that would also make sense. I just suggested Em cause him and Drake are the 2 most talked about mainstream rappers to hypothetically battle mentioned on this forum. They both carry the same kind of star power. Kendrick is a little beneath them in popularity.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:25 AM   #5
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Pilgrim View Post
Yeah that would also make sense. I just suggested Em cause him and Drake are the 2 most talked about mainstream rappers to hypothetically battle mentioned on this forum. They both carry the same kind of star power. Kendrick is a little beneath them in popularity.
True and it seems Drake doesn't want to battle Kendrick or didn't even want to respond to his Control verse for that reason, but the fans want to see it so I think the history would make it good, especially since Drake seemed to feel some type of way about it. Even if things are squashed since then, they could still do it for hip hop. The competition is good.

I mean, if there is any mainstream vs mainstream battle that people really want to see at the moment, that would probably be it. No need to manufacture hype or anything, that announcement would shut down the internet.

Last edited by JOBone; 09-16-2014 at 07:30 AM.
JOBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:20 AM   #6
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Lebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICE
i think yall forgettin drake is boutta battle mook and shit is gonna be way worse than hollow vs buddenz or even diz vs cassidy

who tf gon want to see drake battle em after that?

i can see how the hype around the shit would be epic but none of these mainstream dudes are built for battling they can barely put out one hot song every six months, we sitting here hoping kendricks next album doesnt flop and yall would much rather see these dudes battle than make music.

mainstream rappers are fake af and are mostly ghostwritten, why do we want more of that fuckboy behavior in battling?

Sent from mah muthafuckin trap burner using Slapabop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Jangles View Post
because I find it extremely fun to blow my load on her face and send her off to her man....crazy...maybe...but life is good!!!

Quote:
I had more in my arsonal I would have fucked you until daylyt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
you are now getting pure facts delivered to your notifications on rmbva and if you dont like you can suck my fat dick
Lebron Jereurghmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:24 PM   #7
Gopher D'Gusto

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jereurghmy View Post
i think yall forgettin drake is boutta battle mook
I'm not convinced that's actually confirmed yet. Mook's been going on and on about it, yet we've heard nothing from Drake. I feel like if something as big as Drake vs. Mook was actually happening, we would've seen at least a press release or something from Drake's PR people.

Also, from a logistics standpoint, I don't see how Drake would even have TIME to do a battle. The dude is constantly busy: between recording, doing shows, doing commercials, doing music videos, doing promotional shit (SNL, the ESPYs, NBA All Star Weekend, etc.)
Gopher D'Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:29 PM   #8
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Lebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher D'Gusto View Post
I'm not convinced that's actually confirmed yet. Mook's been going on and on about it, yet we've heard nothing from Drake. I feel like if something as big as Drake vs. Mook was actually happening, we would've seen at least a press release or something from Drake's PR people.

Also, from a logistics standpoint, I don't see how Drake would even have TIME to do a battle. The dude is constantly busy: between recording, doing shows, doing commercials, doing music videos, doing promotional shit (SNL, the ESPYs, NBA All Star Weekend, etc.)

mook said it was something like making sure drake would actually have time for it that would get him to do it no point in scheduling a battle and then having to cancel thats a bad look for errybody, plus dudes like drake have pr teams doing focus groups and surveys and shid all the time making sure he makes good marketing moves they prolly running numbers and shid to see if its worth it, plus there isnt even a format yet for this battle to come out unless this filmon shit is a success

genuinely convinced drake is interested in the idea doe as to whether itll happen or not who knows you right

Quote:
because I find it extremely fun to blow my load on her face and send her off to her man....crazy...maybe...but life is good!!!

Quote:
Quote:
you are now getting pure facts delivered to your notifications on rmbva and if you dont like you can suck my fat dick
Old 09-16-2014, 03:31 PM   #9
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

still think drake and kendrick would happen before drake and em fr fr like whoever wins that gets rap god

foreal though none of these battles will ever happen legitimately unless its some bullshit fake bet publicity stunt or someshid

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-16-2014, 04:08 PM   #10
Wickedness

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Wickedness has seen da-feet
I laugh every time someone thinks that Eminem would battle.. makes no fucking sense hahaha
Old 09-16-2014, 04:21 PM   #11
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Em shouldn't come back against someone who's not a battler Him beating Drake looks like bully tactics.

Em vs a common battler would be big news. Em vs Mook would be bigger than Drake vs Mook

I have followed Drake and I think he will suprise allot of people
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:00 PM   #12
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
Em shouldn't come back against someone who's not a battler Him beating Drake looks like bully tactics.

Em vs a common battler would be big news. Em vs Mook would be bigger than Drake vs Mook

I have followed Drake and I think he will suprise allot of people
What about Drake vs Common?
Old 09-16-2014, 05:58 PM   #13
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Any real rapper who's battled regrets it, it tarnishes and devalues them all a bit, and whilst Eminem and Drake will think they can do a better job than their counterparts, their fates will convince Drake and Eminem that it won't enhance their reputations.

If real rappers were actually getting adulation for battling, then the Drakes and Eminems might be more tempted.

On a side note, I miss the days when only Drake got involved in Battle-Rap.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:11 PM   #14
Brandon Miller

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Brandon Miller is a PY Poster
Jae Millz coaching/ghost writing Drake

-Big L
Brandon Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:23 PM   #15
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
What about Drake vs Common?
I'd be more interested in that. I think they have beef neither is looked as a battle dude but both can rap.

The other issue is when these guys come back they always doing 3 min or 5 min rounds when that's not easy to do and really should be doing some 90 sec stuff
Old 09-16-2014, 06:24 PM   #16
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kall View Post
Any real rapper who's battled regrets it, it tarnishes and devalues them all a bit, and whilst Eminem and Drake will think they can do a better job than their counterparts, their fates will convince Drake and Eminem that it won't enhance their reputations.

If real rappers were actually getting adulation for battling, then the Drakes and Eminems might be more tempted.

On a side note, I miss the days when only Drake got involved in Battle-Rap.
They regret it because they don't do well. If Eminem came back and battled and did well that would solidify him as great.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:32 PM   #17
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
"I don’t know what’s getting in to me / I just like the rush when you see your enemy somewhere in the club/ and you realize he just not in a position to reciprocate your energy /You ain’t ever worried cause he’s not who he pretends to be…"

battle bars courtesy of aubrey.
@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:17 PM   #18
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 640 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
..!./
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:57 PM   #19
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
No battle makes sense for either of them....but it's true it would be the battle with the most fucks given.
JC
All Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:19 AM   #20
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
Although it wouldn't be anywhere near as big, i wanna see game in a battle. He's kind of a weirdo like Budden but I always thought he would make sense in a battle, preferably against an east coast guy.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:38 AM   #21
Vanilla
Original RMBVA Dondatta

Mentioned: 729 Post(s)
Vanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedness View Post
I laugh every time someone thinks that Eminem would battle.. makes no fucking sense hahaha
Yeah how fuckin weird, the guy didnt like make an entire movie about it or anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganikHipHop View Post
after all of this.. yall will still call us hill billys downplay our role and our history... but it aint gonna change shit
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:37 AM   #22
SCVTTERBRVIN
Unregistered User

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
SCVTTERBRVIN is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mage BTM View Post
Although it wouldn't be anywhere near as big, i wanna see game in a battle. He's kind of a weirdo like Budden but I always thought he would make sense in a battle, preferably against an east coast guy.
game vs lloyd banks
SCVTTERBRVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:36 AM   #23
Isaac Knox
VIP

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Isaac Knox is not the worst person
This has crossed my mind but I think the biggest reason it definitely wouldn't happen is that Em would want it at his event & Drake would only battle for KOTD.

I do think that a perfect match-up for Drake wouldn't be Mook or Em... but Conceited.

Con's a star on Wildin Out, which both makes him a bigger name than almost any other battle rapper AND it's a topic that only someone as successful as Drake could really attack. It's an odd style clash but they're both "hollywood" plus conceited in likable yet very beatable. Drake isn't gonna get exposed by Conceited so it's safe. But honestly, it's mostly that it could easily happen on KOTD and would be as huge, if not bigger, than any other battle that's been announced.

Sidenote- does anyone else feel like we're entering a battle rap twilight zone? Things are getting weird.
Isaac Knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:51 AM   #24
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Knox View Post
I do think that a perfect match-up for Drake wouldn't be Mook or Em... but Conceited.
Yeah and a half ball of blow and a cheap hooker is a perfect match up for @Isaac Knox. smh
Old 09-17-2014, 12:08 PM   #25
SicariiDC
ICE GRILL = ALASKAN BBQ

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
SicariiDC is not the worst person
Quote:

Sidenote- does anyone else feel like we're entering a battle rap twilight zone? Things are getting weird.
This to the tenth degree... idk how I feel about all this shit...I been a hip hop head for ever but seeing dudes like budden, Keith Murray, fredro, etc jumping in the ring got me super ambivalent
SicariiDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:06 PM   #26
Isaac Knox
VIP

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Isaac Knox is not the worst person
Quote:
Yeah and a half ball of blow and a cheap hooker is a perfect match up for @Isaac Knox. smh
Set it up! I'll 3-0 a coked up hooker. But do you have a rap name?
Isaac Knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #27
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Quote:
But do you have a rap name?

Tags
8217, 8230