Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Why KOTD will never be Number one(Why URL Stay Winning Part 1)

Old 04-10-2014, 06:52 PM   #1
Bigzero

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Bigzero is not the worst person
Why KOTD will never be Number one(Why URL Stay Winning Part 1)

So there are alot of KOTD Nerd Birds out here who is fooling themselfs into believing KOTD is number 1.

So instead of going back and forth with yall on posts i would like to Explain on this thread why KOTD NEVER will be number 1!

KOTD used to have a nice lane build for themselfs once upon a time, this was the times when KOTD Nerd Birds used to hate "Gun Bars" and were yelling "Jokes over Everything".

But as the Years passed, URL came into the scene and took over the battlerap world!

KOTD still had their own lane until..
Arsonal battled Hitman on URL and then he is on KOTD Blackout against pat stay for his next battle.
DNA battled X factor on Summer Madness and then he is battling Dizaster.

KOTD was slowly creeping up to the Street Battling scene and then the defining moment came...They Booked Cortez vs Hollohan for BO2.

The Arsonal,DNA and Cortez battle proved to KOTD that taking the "Jokes over everything" route, wasnt getting them anywhere, so they decided to follow in Booking more URL talent.

At the beginning it was hard to notice this, but as the years passed its hard to look away from the evidences....

How many URL battlers were on BO2?
only Cortez

Fastforward to 2014
How many URL battlers are scheduled for BO4?
Yung Ill,Ill Will,Rich Dolarz,Ayeverb,Swave Sevah,Clips,DNA,Big T and JC,

So how does a league, that is basically doing the same thing as another league become number 1?

Real Deal vs B magic was a classic!
Hollohan vs Cortez was a Classic!

But KOTD has oversaturated the Battle world with "Street vs Backpacker" kinda of battles!

KOTD dosent have its own lane anymore, its trying to reach out to the URL fans, because they know that they have a bigger fanbase!

what makes it worse is that, they have had two failed events this year and there is already bad news about their next upcoming event smh.

How can a league that is reliant on another league, Become number 1?

Why didnt KOTD Book Ill Will when he was on MMTV?
and now they are also trying to book Ty LAw and Sno smh..
Why didnt they book Ty Law when he was on GT?
Why didnt they book Sno when he was on scheme street?

Why is it that KOTD isnt reaching out to these battlers who are up and coming now?

KOTD is nowhere near being number 1!

Last edited by Bigzero; 01-11-2015 at 06:11 PM.
Bigzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #2
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
cosign this thread.

can't copy respect.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #3
beezy210

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
beezy210 is a PY Poster
But all three of those battles(DNA, Arsonal, and Cortez) all battled on grindtime, fight klub, and lionz den all before URL so how do they classify them as URL battlers? These leagues are platforms to build your name/resume... they are not teams, this ain't basketball.... bottom line the "number 1" spot is a Grey area being that all the top league offer a Lil something different to cater to different demographics
beezy210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #4
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

Mentioned: 371 Post(s)
uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
url is really moving up , it will honestly catch up one day

i really dont get the URL hate , it STILL HAS potential , it really could bounce back from this huge slump

its not like grind time yet you know , its still got a few battlers a few lil decent ones that still fuck with them
Old 04-10-2014, 07:24 PM   #5
Rusty Shackleford

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Rusty Shackleford is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezy210 View Post
But all three of those battles(DNA, Arsonal, and Cortez) all battled on grindtime, fight klub, and lionz den all before URL so how do they classify them as URL battlers? These leagues are platforms to build your name/resume... they are not teams, this ain't basketball.... bottom line the "number 1" spot is a Grey area being that all the top league offer a Lil something different to cater to different demographics
Smack only got big booking guys from other leagues

Grind Time stay winning!

Bigzero is prob my favourite gimmick poster on here (outside the obvious Dog Debarko)
Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:26 PM   #6
GetPaid

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
GetPaid is better than Grind Time AustraliaGetPaid is better than Grind Time Australia
Definitely regretting that "Jokes Over Everything" face tattoo
GetPaid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:28 PM   #7
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetPaid View Post
Definitely regretting that "Jokes Over Everything" face tattoo
thank god I got the tramp stamp for job interviews' sake
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:39 PM   #8
JustJ123

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Battle rap fans are literally some of the most fickle fans of any fanbase I can think of.

To honestly believe that KOTD, or any random league tbh, couldn't just pop up to take over shows how little you understand about the scene or the fans.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:35 PM   #9
Dark Magic

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Dark Magic is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
url is really moving up , it will honestly catch up one day

i really dont get the URL hate , it STILL HAS potential , it really could bounce back from this huge slump

its not like grind time yet you know , its still got a few battlers a few lil decent ones that still fuck with them
Its not going to happen unless they hold smaller events.

As long as they keep throwing huge events the battles will keep turning out ass.
Dark Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:38 PM   #10
wreckedangle
@wreckedangle

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
wreckedangle is not the worst person
do you guys just make the same posts over and over here
whoa
ONLY DUMB NIGGA'S THINK ITS THE SAME PAIR I GOT SO MANY I COULD START A LINE...SLIME
WHOA!!!!
wreckedangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #11
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckedangle View Post
do you guys just make the same posts over and over here
LATELY ....... yes

but it gets hot when the leagues have events and crazy battles drop , lately its like , we are just trying to get through the battle forum day here till we get some new shit to talk about
Old 04-10-2014, 08:44 PM   #12
JustJ123

JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Battle rap topics are like battle rap lyrics. You think you got a dope idea for one but someone probably already said it at some point.

But only a few people really end up caring that its been said before.

its not until it reaches defeat/feet levels of repetition that it becomes a problem.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:44 PM   #13
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

lets put it like this

there are a months in the year where more and more battles get put in the "throw back classic " category .....
Old 04-10-2014, 08:45 PM   #14
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

BATTLE RAP CONFESSIONS : i secretly hate mac lethal ,

((((((i hope someone responds ))))))))))))

nobody ever does , nobody cares really ,

i thought that aye verb 2-1ed hitman ... what now world ?!
Old 04-10-2014, 09:00 PM   #15
Mr.Mumbles905
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Mr.Mumbles905 is a PY Poster
I would say the issue is you wrong about what kotds lane is
Kotd is trying to be the best overall league the one stop shop for all styles

They reach out to URL style rappers because they don't have allot of good home grown talent with that style

I do agree they are using URL talent too much to be successful but I think most if the post is a stretch

As was said none of the rappers are URL rappers per say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr.Mumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:07 PM   #16
Wake
antilluminati

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Wake is not the worst person
^ this is my sentiment too, and I feel kotd are doing the matchups fans of both leagues would never see on url cus they're too exclusive. Url is on a different thing alltogether.
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:16 PM   #17
wreker17

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
wreker17 is a PY Poster
URL needs a good card with some good battles to cement its no1 place. Its in a slump after having no good battles for a while and at the very least no classic battles for ages.

UW has gained on them through high stakes but hasn't uploaded footage or done anything since.

KOTD needs vendetta 2 to go well to be in consideration. Blackout flopped. Best performance came from soul who isn't even on their roster. That battle being the only good one other than clips vs con.

Don't Flop has temporarily gone for quantity > quality with the RTB tour which is winning in UK as its taking DF to different parts of the country but there are a lot of meh battles as its trying to utilise its lower and mid tier to get them more experience. However, the Nottingham event is reported to have been INSANE and has made DF epic as the battles are coming out in soon.

Overall: ATM
1. Don't Flop- best recent event and they are uploading the battles quick. Catering to fans all around by bringing the battles to them and uploading lots of content albeit of mixed quality. The notts battles sound brilliant though.

2.KOTD- only ahead of URL because of the vendetta 2 card that is lined up. After BO4, im waiting for it to actually happen and for reports of the battles being good. BO4 was such a disappointment, even though it wasn't their fault, it still affects the brand.

3. URL- as big zero said, has probably had the biggest influence in battle rap as a whole. However, has had shit battle quality for ages apart from the one bmagic vs ill will (which wasn't a classic by any means). NOME 4 has potential but nothing has been announced. Recent event sounds ok but reports were saying that rone and real deal bodied. Just hasn't done anything for a while.

4. UW- thing with the footage is bullshit. Event was a while ago and Ars hed drop a battle instantly if it trended on twitter. IT trended and he didn't. Has nothing lined up.
wreker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:22 PM   #18
west coast style

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
west coast style is not the worst person
i don't care who number one is --- just give me good battles/matchups and I'll be happy.
west coast style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:48 PM   #19
thekotdchain

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
thekotdchain probably likes in here/hair word play
How long is it going to take before you guys realize that the leagues don't own the battlers. The battlers represent them fucking selves. Example: KOTD doesn't rely on URL for anything. Has KOTD booked people like DNA and Cortez? Yes they have. Do they belong to URL? No they don't. The only thing you see is a deluded image inside your head that battlers belong to leagues. By your thought process, shotty horroh belongs to don't flop... but you're wrong. As a side note, Cortez and DNA both started in Grind Time Now, not URL. Please get over the fact that you feel the need to justify a make believe circumstance. Leagues are different and they excel in their own ways. A lot of people who battle on URL are some of the best battlers, they still represent themselves.

Thank you.
thekotdchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:49 PM   #20
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1284 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
KOTD is already up there when it comes to who's number one

UW held a great event so they're on the road, but we still need consistency
erik foreman is like the vince mcmahon of this shit ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggyea View Post
holy shit FOREMAN is a ruthless mother fcker!!! he sees an idea working and makes it his own. ur a sly businessman my friend. crushing the opposition every chance u get.
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:56 PM   #21
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Beaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICE
big zero stays winnin!!!
GoldRaffleBojangles,SnowsCastleBojangles,QuoteSnap pleBojangles,ClothesNaturalBojangles,BrosBlackHole Bojangles,PulpedMangosBojangles,WroteDjangoBojangl es,SoakedFlannelBojangles,RogueAngelBojangles,Home NashvilleBojangles,CrowsHateLawsBojangles,ToveAvri lBojangles,ThrowShrapnelBojangles,GrossRainbowBoja ngles,NoRacialBojangles,RomeStatueBojangles
Beaux Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:31 PM   #22
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
damn @Bigzero catchin a body.

cant be the leader if ur followin!!!

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:33 PM   #23
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Mentioned: 637 Post(s)
King Fly is not the worst person
KOTD stay winning cuz winning is what a winner does

King Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:36 PM   #24
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Beaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fly View Post
KOTD stay winning cuz winning is what a winner does

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53EJiCMzJuw
king fly graspin!!!
GoldRaffleBojangles,SnowsCastleBojangles,QuoteSnap pleBojangles,ClothesNaturalBojangles,BrosBlackHole Bojangles,PulpedMangosBojangles,WroteDjangoBojangl es,SoakedFlannelBojangles,RogueAngelBojangles,Home NashvilleBojangles,CrowsHateLawsBojangles,ToveAvri lBojangles,ThrowShrapnelBojangles,GrossRainbowBoja ngles,NoRacialBojangles,RomeStatueBojangles
Old 04-10-2014, 10:42 PM   #25
thatguy

Mentioned: 768 Post(s)
thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThroatStrangledBojangles View Post
king fly graspin!!!
link to Luke quote in your sig plz
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Dizaster is my most favorite battle rapper of all time.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:43 PM   #26
Dynamo Dan
D-D-D-D-Dan namsayin'?

Dynamo Dan is not the worst person
LMAO @ him putting Part 1 in the title insinuating there will be a sequel thread in advance
Dynamo Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:54 PM   #27
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1181 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
One things for sure.

Dick>
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:58 PM   #28
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
One things for sure.

Dick>
avocado prioritizin!!!
Old 04-11-2014, 12:41 AM   #29
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
@Bigzero you care too much about this shit homie. URL is #1 in your mind,its your preference..and thats fantastic...i love URL too. KOTD is #1 in my mind cuz its my preference. you cant prove it either way its all preference

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:42 AM   #30
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

either way

URL>
KOTD>

BATTLE ADDICT

-YOUTUBE-
Old 04-11-2014, 12:43 AM   #31
Gopher D'Gusto

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Ground Zero > Bigzero
Gopher D'Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:43 AM   #32
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

URL nerdbirds and KOTD nerdbirds can both co exist on this site in harmony if we work together @Bigzero

BATTLE ADDICT

-YOUTUBE-
Old 04-11-2014, 12:56 AM   #33
Rtongsta

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Rtongsta is better than Grind Time AustraliaRtongsta is better than Grind Time Australia
big zero is the new willy
Old 04-11-2014, 01:01 AM   #34
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtongsta View Post
big zero is the new willy
I respect @Bigzero ..URL gets a crazy amount of hate nowadays. Somebody gotta stick up for em.

BATTLE ADDICT

-YOUTUBE-