Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Quick question about the KOTD Takeover Stream

Old 06-28-2013, 03:37 AM   #1
Emery

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Emery is a PY Poster
Quick question about the KOTD Takeover Stream

So you have to purchase the PPV before you can register on the site? Just making sure and seeing who else copped it? Hope the new site is at least as good as Ustream or better.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:38 AM   #2
The Wise Owl

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
The Wise Owl is not the worst person
is it being streamed live or day after?
Old 06-28-2013, 04:39 AM   #3
Emery

Emery is a PY Poster
I know someone's bought this by now, wassup?
Old 06-28-2013, 04:53 AM   #4
Rawly
Earl Lee

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Rawly is a PY Poster
I'm going to cop it (as long as I'm home and nothing comes up), but I've never bought KOTD ppv's so I don't exactly know. I would suggest to ask King Fly or Organik... They're the ones I've seen around the site.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:27 AM   #5
ICeeZeeI
Oliver ClothesOff

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
ICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time AustraliaICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time Australia
No updates?
ICeeZeeI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #6
Emery

Emery is a PY Poster
How do you tag people? Never had the need to do so on a forum.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #7
Jimbo Slice
I'm The One Who Knocks

Mentioned: 261 Post(s)
Jimbo Slice is not the worst person
@Emery <---- like that homie.
Jimbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #8
ivey[cb]
Keep Bangin!

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
ivey[cb] is a PY Poster
@King Fly
ivey[cb] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #9
ivey[cb]
Keep Bangin!

ivey[cb] is a PY Poster
@OrganikHipHop

I haven't bought any PPV's since UStream.. would be nice to hear some feedback on this new site..
ivey[cb] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #10
BATTLERAP BITCH
I'm a white boy

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
BATTLERAP BITCH is not the worst person
Will there be an update thread? Just like NOME3
BATTLERAP BITCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #11
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Ualready stream yuridy takeover

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #12
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Mentioned: 637 Post(s)
King Fly is not the worst person
This is a totally new system and not through ustream.

yes you have to purchase before you can register. once you pay in paypal you will be automatically redirected to create an account. you will also be sent an email (i believe) with instructions on how to create an account as well.
Once you have purchased and created an account then "Watch PPV" will become available in the navbar.
the content for the ppv will be made viewable at 4pm PST/7pm EST
King Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #13
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

also i wanted to note and make sure people know

there are several warnings about sharing accounts and IPs.

when you buy the ppv - your ip is recorded by the system. You are allowed a MAXIMUM of 2 IP addresses that can log into your account. If the system detects your account was accessed by more than 2 different IP addy's, the account will be automatically banned, and no refund will be given.
THIS IS AN AUTOMATIC SYSTEM - DO NOT ASK US TO UNBAN YOU IF YOU GET BANNED OR ASK FOR A REFUND - THIS MESSAGE IS ALSO DISPLAYED RIGHT ABOVE THE BUY NOW BUTTON AND HAS BEEN SINCE THE SITE WAS BUILT AND IT ALSO SAYS THE SAME THING IN YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL. NO EXCUSES OF "I DIDN'T KNOW, IT DIDNT SAY, ETC ETC"
If you want to watch the ppv after that, you must pay and register a new account, then the same thing will apply.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #14
JustJ123

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fly View Post

when you buy the ppv - your ip is recorded by the system. You are allowed a MAXIMUM of 2 IP addresses that can log into your account. If the system detects your account was accessed by more than 2 different IP addy's, the account will be automatically banned, and no refund will be given.
THIS IS AN AUTOMATIC SYSTEM - DO NOT ASK US TO UNBAN YOU IF YOU GET BANNED OR ASK FOR A REFUND - THIS MESSAGE IS ALSO DISPLAYED RIGHT ABOVE THE BUY NOW BUTTON AND HAS BEEN SINCE THE SITE WAS BUILT AND IT ALSO SAYS THE SAME THING IN YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL. NO EXCUSES OF "I DIDN'T KNOW, IT DIDNT SAY, ETC ETC"
If you want to watch the ppv after that, you must pay and register a new account, then the same thing will apply.
Uh I got a question in regards to this, I dunno if you'll be able to answer it though.

For starters, do you still have access to the PPV days after you order it like you do on ustream?

And how does that system take into account IP addresses resetting? Is it 2 within a certain time frame? or 2 period? Because if its not set to a timeframe I could see that being a pretty flawed system...

My home is on a fucked up power grid and my shit goes out multiple times a day, and its pretty common for me to have to force a IP reset when that happens to even connect back to the internet.

Some ISPs will literally change your IP at random because you might be having minor connection issues that you don't even know about...How exactly does this new site take these variables into account?

But like I said at the start, even if none of these problems happen just wanting to watch the PPV 2 weeks later could be an issue for some people(if that is even an option anymore, which I assume it is)

Maybe its too early and I'm not thinking straight but I'm fairly certain everything I just said would be a valid excuse in regards to getting banned...
JustJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #15
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
Uh I got a question in regards to this, I dunno if you'll be able to answer it though.

For starters, do you still have access to the PPV days after you order it like you do on ustream?

And how does that system take into account IP addresses resetting? Is it 2 within a certain time frame? or 2 period? Because if its not set to a timeframe I could see that being a pretty flawed system...

My home is on a fucked up power grid and my shit goes out multiple times a day, and its pretty common for me to have to force a IP reset when that happens to even connect back to the internet.

Some ISPs will literally change your IP at random because you might be having minor connection issues that you don't even know about...How exactly does this new site take these variables into account?

But like I said at the start, even if none of these problems happen just wanting to watch the PPV 2 weeks later could be an issue for some people(if that is even an option anymore, which I assume it is)

Maybe its too early and I'm not thinking straight but I'm fairly certain everything I just said would be a valid excuse in regards to getting banned...
you will have access to the ppv until July 29th, at which date it will become unavailable. (this is noted when you buy/sign up as well - its at the top of the watch ppv page.)

its set at a specific time frame (which will not be made public) - strictly bars/king juce/rap grid are all set the same i do believe - they monitor ips for the restricted content

there may be exceptions based on circumstances if i get contacted, and i can make people a new account etc etc. however this will NOT be done the day of the ppv.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #16
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
you will have access to the ppv until July 29th, at which date it will become unavailable. (this is noted when you buy/sign up as well - its at the top of the watch ppv page.)
Are the battles going to be able to be watched AFTER the Stream is Over?
like Ustream had "recorded videos"--can we watch them on our own time?
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #17
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
Are the battles going to be able to be watched AFTER the Stream is Over?
like Ustream had "recorded videos"--can we watch them on our own time?
Yes

you will be able to ff/rew/pause from the start. this will act more as VOD than PPV
Old 06-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #18
Casual

Mentioned: 451 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:

alternatively ya'll can just go to OTBVA and log in from an infinite amount of IPs.

nah im playing.

support the culture and shit.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #19
Rawly
Earl Lee

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Rawly is a PY Poster
So who's going half on this ppv with me so I can give them access?
Old 06-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #20
Emery

Emery is a PY Poster
Thanks for the info @Jimbo Slice and @kingfly
Old 06-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #21
J-Pro
Contributor

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
J-Pro is not the worst person
Seriously, but this shit. We're still as grassroots as it gets, and we can use your support.
J-Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #22
nocontrollingme
I Control Everything

nocontrollingme is a PY Poster
if someone who's already ordered tryna get half the price EMT'd to them tonight in exchange for the log in info...holla
nocontrollingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #23
BATTLERAP BITCH
I'm a white boy

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
BATTLERAP BITCH is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
yes obviously fuck
? ...
BATTLERAP BITCH is offline   Reply With Quote