Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Demise of Don't Flop

Old 06-28-2018, 09:18 PM   #1
Profess

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Demise of Don't Flop

I doubt I can listen to most of this but at about the 26 min mark he addresses his cameraman inserting himself into the story.

But like we covered the Fall of Kotd. Perhaps someone can say why the fall of Dont Flop occurred
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:14 PM   #2
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Why does this Battle Rap Resume nerd insist on making 3hr+ videos. I’d like to hear Eurghs side of the story but over 3 hrs is just fucking rediculous.
Battlehogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:32 PM   #3
Profess

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlehogg View Post
Why does this Battle Rap Resume nerd insist on making 3hr+ videos. Id like to hear Eurghs side of the story but over 3 hrs is just fucking rediculous.
Joe Rogan has had success with the long form interviews. Perhaps he was inspired by that.
Old 06-28-2018, 10:46 PM   #4
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
anyone that can talk about themselves and bitch about people they considered close friends at one point for 3 hours is probably a faggot
Old 06-28-2018, 11:24 PM   #5
shifty-c

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
shifty-c is a PY Poster
don't flop brought us hours of entertainment.
shifty-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:12 AM   #6
Feral Linguist

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
plop 5char
Old 06-29-2018, 03:41 AM   #7
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Only made it through an hour of this but lol @ the idea of eurgh accusing someone else of letting the battle rap game get to their head.

Also I always was under the impression that eurgh was kinda well off? But apparently not? The stuff about him dipping into the Don’t Flop business account because he couldn’t afford a pizza is kinda sad tbh...

Then he comes out and flat out says he thought it was okay to not pay peolle cause they hurt his feelings lmao.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:08 AM   #8
Profess

I'm about 42 mins in. It sounds like Eurph took money out of the Don't Flop accounts because he needed it. But his justification for doing so is that Bagnel disrespected him both in public and private. So instead of confronting him directly, he did something that Bagnel wouldn't approve of- taking money out of the business account for personal use. Seems like doing that brought Eurph a small but semi euphoric sense of pleasure and revenge.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:13 AM   #9
Profess

Body Bagnal's side of the story

"The Fall of Eurph"

Old 06-30-2018, 03:15 AM   #10
Metazone
(⌐■_■)=/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Metazone is better than Grind Time AustraliaMetazone is better than Grind Time Australia
People hitting close to 30 realising that battle rap isn't a viable job.... colour me suprised.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
I was hungry after the event and had no idea where to go for food and strongly considered just following big t knowing he would lead me to the promised land
Metazone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:12 AM   #11
Emancee

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metazone View Post
People hitting close to 30 realising that battle rap isn't a viable job.... colour me suprised.....
That's what confuses me though. If you have that kind of media presence and can't make money, what does that really say about you as a business man?!? There are guys with a fraction of the success of DF who made tons of cash.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:00 PM   #12
Dusted123

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Dusted123 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
That's what confuses me though. If you have that kind of media presence and can't make money, what does that really say about you as a business man?!? There are guys with a fraction of the success of DF who made tons of cash.
Because the success has to carry over to an entire team of people

Its not like Don't Flop is just ran by 1 guy and allt he money made goes to him, its an entire team of people, that also have to hire people constantly, book venues, flights, etc

A small fraction of success that benefits a few people who keep 90% of the profits is way easier to make money off than something the size of Don't Flop that pays like 20+ people an event
Dusted123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags