Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Carter Deems enters the KOTD GP

Old 09-25-2020, 03:37 AM   #1
Emancee

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Carter Deems enters the KOTD GP

Ooops has dropped out, I kid you not, to focus on the 'battle against injustice' and will be replaced by Carter Deems.

Will we get the same short notice Deems that went crashing out of the GZ GP to a no name, only time will tell?
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...

Last edited by Emancee; 09-25-2020 at 03:08 PM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 03:53 AM   #2
iamHBY

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Carter Deems vs. Clone on 3 days prep should be interesting.
iamHBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 02:43 PM   #3
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2915 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Just woke up and "Oops has dropped out" looked like OP was making a joke.

Carter >>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 07:12 PM   #4
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Looking very forward to Carter. His freestyles are actually quite good.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 07:58 PM   #5
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 570 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
I had Scotty 30, I don’t like the way so severe raps
6000GP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:14 PM   #6
Hughms

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Hughms is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
I had Scotty 30, I don’t like the way so severe raps
I had Scotty 2-1. His approach is so fresh and So Severe's punches, though more frequent, weren't hitting all that much for me.
Hughms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:17 PM   #7
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughms View Post
I had Scotty 2-1. His approach is so fresh and So Severe's punches, though more frequent, weren't hitting all that much for me.
So severe did too much scheming for me, I thought we were past that era
Old 09-27-2020, 09:32 PM   #8
Hughms

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Hughms is not the worst person
Trez beat Lotta Zay clear, as much as it hurts me to say. Lot wasn't bad though. I think Hays FKA Syah edged Brixx in the battle of the event thus far.
Hughms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:36 PM   #9
6000GP
tupac back

Trez vs lotta zay was kinda boring for me, I zoned out, can’t call it

I didn’t know hays was gonna be syah boy lol. Brixx vs syah boy was actually dope, and the best battle so far imo. I got syah boy
Old 09-27-2020, 10:35 PM   #10
6000GP
tupac back

Carter deems has never really been the type of guy who’s trying to win battles, it’s always been on some exhibition/promo shit. He’s definitely been better, but you know, respect to him stepping up to keep things moving. Having said that, Oops is not that good and would’ve lost anyway. Same outcome, different route.
Old 09-28-2020, 12:07 AM   #11
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Carter deems has never really been the type of guy who’s trying to win battles, it’s always been on some exhibition/promo shit. He’s definitely been better, but you know, respect to him stepping up to keep things moving. Having said that, Oops is not that good and would’ve lost anyway. Same outcome, different route.
Although I was being tongue-in-cheek in the original post, Carter really isn't a short prep emcee. The GZ was proof of that as, when the time before battles got shorter and shorter, his writing got worse and worse.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Old 09-28-2020, 01:26 AM   #12
iamHBY

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I'd say Scotty vs. So Severe is the only battle that I disagreed with the decision on, I thought Scotty clearly got that battle 3-0, no body. So Severe's a solid performer, but he was doing too much word association for my liking, while Scotty had more variety and was generally more entertaining to watch. I wanna see Scotty back on KOTD though.

I thought Chef Trez clearly beat Lotta Zay. Lotta had some decent lines here and there, but I thought Trez low-key outclassed him a bit, and without even doing that much rebuttaling outside of the beginning of the 1st. I'd been wanting to see Trez on KOTD for a few years, and I'm glad he showed out in his debut on the league.

Brixx/Hays was the best battle of today in my opinion, Hays was really good and I thought Brixx's 2nd was insanely good. I had Hays with the 1st and 3rd, Brixx with the 2nd, and I'm surprised it'd taken them this long to battle each other.

Finally, I had Clone beating Carter Deems. I thought Carter had some decent bars here and there, but him constantly stumbling kneecapped him and he didn't really get that much consistent momentum. Salute to Clone for seamlessly making the adjustment from Ooops to Carter with a few days prep, his 1st was really crazy. I think my only real critique for Clone was that there were a few rhyming setups from him that seemed a little off to me, but outside of that, I think him and Hays are gonna have a crazy battle.

Overall, I'd say this was smoother than the West division stream, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the North and East divisions have in store over the course of the next couple of weeks.
iamHBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 03:51 AM   #13
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Trez murdered.
Carter was underwhelming, which on 3 days notice is completely understandable.
Clone was def the killer of the event. He seriously might be a prime contender if he brings the same heat.

This is a really fun event, KOTD keeping battle rap fun and alive.
Old 09-28-2020, 03:54 AM   #14
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Also mad shouts to @ErikForeman for throwing me a Twitch sub during the live stream. Dude has always been 24k. Good looks my dude, thanks again!
Old 09-28-2020, 08:05 AM   #15
Emancee

Thought most of these were pretty one-sided. Amazed that included Trez as he brushed Lotta aside effortlessly. Even despite my dislike of his style Carter got 3'0d, but it's not surprising as Clone was clearly recycling punches from his original opponent. Again I was surprised that Scotty didn't win, but I can understand that mad schemes bruv must have sounded impressive at the time... let's hope So Severe doesn't win the South and bring that style back.

Only really close one was Brixx vs. Hays. I preferred Hays' style, so was glad he got it, but Brixx was solid too.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:15 AM   #16
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1290 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGodOfPez View Post
Also mad shouts to @ErikForeman for throwing me a Twitch sub during the live stream. Dude has always been 24k. Good looks my dude, thanks again!
You've always been the man, thank you
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
erik foreman is like the vince mcmahon of this shit ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggyea View Post
holy shit FOREMAN is a ruthless mother fcker!!! he sees an idea working and makes it his own. ur a sly businessman my friend. crushing the opposition every chance u get.
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 12:20 PM   #17
erfworm

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
erfworm is better than Grind Time Australiaerfworm is better than Grind Time Australia
Decent event of battles. Once I have got used to using these apps a bit I find its a pretty good way of watching battles, live, and an input of voting on the winner is a nice touch.

Chev Trez vs Lotta Zay. Thought this battle was pretty close and could not pick a winner. I like Lotta Zays style and pace a bit more, some of Chef Trez material is definitely more intricate and better writing but I dunno, he kind of drags things out and labours over setting up the punch. Didnt vote or pick a winner in this one but Chef Trez W is fine with me.

Brixx vs Hays / Syah Boy. This was battle of the event for me and Hays with performance of the event. Both were really good had a bit of everything, punch, angles jokes, lifted the energy up a level too, reminded me that I do still like battle rap sometimes. Gave Hays 3-0 just a bit better every round and had Brixx trying to 'keep up'. Brixx was good though and for me, would have been the winner in any other matchup, but thats how a tournament goes unfortunately for him.

Clone vs Carter Deems. Clone 3-0, I have never watched him before but he was pretty good, maybe a little generic 'URL PG' style but at least he can crack some jokes too. Carter Deems was a trainwreck and tough to watch. I am sure him, and all of us, just wanted it to be over quickly lmao.

Missed the first battle.
erfworm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:52 PM   #18
griminey

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
griminey is not the worst person
Lmao...battle against injustice...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
griminey is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags