Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
First Battles You've Ever Seen (a fans history)

Old 10-24-2013, 05:11 AM   #1
SpecialOh
©

Mentioned: 1153 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
First Battles You've Ever Seen (a fans history)

Post em up, embedded the video if possible

first battler i ever seen was "slaughter rico" on youtube, not sure if i found it by accident or i was lookin up 8 mile battles

soon after I discovered Franco, was a huge fans.. also when I first heared about lush one

I didn't start really searching up on battle rap til I saw Thesaurus/illmac in wrcs then also later on on "spin the mic"

all these battles peaked my interest but the game changer was eli porter

which brought me to charron who hit harder than any1 i had seen with them car crash lines

then jack shitt vs oz.. most quotables ever

ive been a kotd fan and supporter since.. ive only been to 1 decent event vengeance 1 with pat stay vs arsonal where u can find me overreacting to @MookTheGreek lines

Last edited by SpecialOh; 10-24-2013 at 05:13 AM.
SpecialOh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:21 AM   #2
JesusOfRap
Автомат Калашникова 47

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
JesusOfRap is a PY Poster
hard to say in 2001 when blaze battles was on hbo i was just outta high scchool and i saw it on tv but ive watched alot of the jin first year freetyle fridays from 00-01. i mostly like battling because people always did it at lunch in high school and this was many years b4 8-mile came out.

when i joined rapmusic in 2000 everything was audio and the quality was trash, but any eminem or eyedea battle was gold. once video started to be available just scribble jam to start, and slept on smack until ur boy erik foreman started leaking them for the public. Jones vs Mook was probably my favorite, but i didnt really become a true fan untill i saw 2 things 1. Iron Solomon vs shirt n tie and 2.thesaurus illmac 06 finals vs possessed and whatshisface. since then i been hooked
Quote:
Originally Posted by QPSONS View Post
GTN + kotd = fuck smack
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
god damn man QP never ceases to entertain. always has multiple moments/lines per battle where I have to just pause the vid and punch something. So ill

Last edited by SpecialOh; Today at 03:29 AM. Reason: (:lol:)

Last edited by JesusOfRap; 10-24-2013 at 05:38 AM.
JesusOfRap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:27 AM   #3
JustJ123

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Old 10-24-2013, 05:29 AM   #4
AdarOne
shoots fair ones

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE

Wake Up show anniversary show, i think it was the first show i ever went too also.
Been a battle addict ever since
AdarOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:30 AM   #5
AdarOne
shoots fair ones

AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
I was positive Juice was gonna win goin in.

There was a whole part were Supernat made em change the beat, which pissed me off at the time, Juice references that shit...they also make references to performers and shit that were in the building. Was crazy as fuck.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:31 AM   #6
JustJ123

JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I didn't really get into this written shit until I stumbled onto

I had been a big fan of Topr for a while and thats what put me onto GT. I knew it existed and I had seen some battles before that but I wasn't fucking with it at all.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:31 AM   #7
festeelerfan
Hm...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
festeelerfan is not the worst person
First battle video I saw was actually a compilation of Grindtime punchlines and I had no clue who any of them were or wtf they were talking about. I was in that gross Big L phase and obsessed with finding good punchlines so I like looked up best rap punchlines or something. The first actual battle I saw was Thesaurus/Illmac vs Element/Franco at WRC 2007:

festeelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:44 AM   #8
Giroux

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Giroux is a PY Poster

For me, Diz was so impressive back then.... Now, I fuck with bars more:

How I discovered B-Magic, my favorite battler right now.
Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:46 AM   #9
Destro
Waxy Gordon

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Destro is not the worst person
Makes me feel old AF compared to some of you guys, but this was the one for me:

Destro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:46 AM   #10
SpecialOh
©

Mentioned: 1153 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux View Post

For me, Diz was so impressive back then.... Now, I fuck with bars more:

How I discovered B-Magic, my favorite battler right now.

interesting. whats ur favorite battle from b magic
SpecialOh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:48 AM   #11
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 500 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
This what I was about to post. It might not have been the first freestyle battle I had ever heard but it was definitely one of the first battles I remember with a story behind the battle.

Shit was raw.
JOBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:53 AM   #12
AdarOne
shoots fair ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
I had this on tape dubbed it off the wake up show...Saafir was tight, i had a freestyle he did over Pharoe Monchs behind closed doors...pretty sure it was his verse from boxcar sessions though...either way it was ill
Old 10-24-2013, 06:05 AM   #13
JOBone
Seasoned fan

JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I'll leave this here, not because it's a particularly good battle but just since it's fucking RZA battling at the Blaze Battles in 1999 and I bet people haven't even seen it.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:19 AM   #14
JesusOfRap
Автомат Калашникова 47

what year was it when Pumpkinhead was on mtv battling guys like Alaska, Breezevaflowin,EL GANT.
that wasnt the same year as locksmith vs reignman was it?
i remember all the fight klub battles on mtv 2 which i again dont know what year they were. then the blind fury year with swann and wrecognize was like 03 or something
Quote:
GTN + kotd = fuck smack
Quote:
god damn man QP never ceases to entertain. always has multiple moments/lines per battle where I have to just pause the vid and punch something. So ill

Old 10-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #15
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusOfRap View Post
what year was it when Pumpkinhead was on mtv battling guys like Alaska, Breezevaflowin,EL GANT.
that wasnt the same year as locksmith vs reignman was it?
i remember all the fight klub battles on mtv 2 which i again dont know what year they were. then the blind fury year with swann and wrecognize was like 03 or something
MTV are you sure you aren't talking about the Blaze Battles?

This thread has me watching a bunch of these battles and so many people had a flow like DMX back in 1999 when I noticed I got my top blew like Marge Simpson.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:27 AM   #16
JesusOfRap
Автомат Калашникова 47

ya i seen some blaze battles but i remember seeing el gant beat puimpkin head on mtv he told PH that his rhymes have touched more kids then micheal jackson. i have asked PH about el gant b4 like 5 years ago i dont remember what ph was blabbing about though. battles from like 2000-2005 are all mixed up for me because they were on tv and i only got to see them once
Quote:
GTN + kotd = fuck smack
Quote:

Old 10-24-2013, 06:28 AM   #17
FatManFromSpace
Twinkie Madness

Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
FatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time AustraliaFatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time AustraliaFatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time Australia
Back when i used to work in a flea market selling African products I remember two dudes yelling at each other next to the burger truck. I hella wanted some fries so against my better judgement I walked over next to em and it turned out they were just randomly freestyling at each other. One of the dudes was asian and he called the black dude Eddie Murphy then the black guy called the asian dude Jin(he said something like "You like gin but the kind with the j cuz you aint no g"). I knew who Eddie Murphy was but not Jin so I went back and youtubed him and got Jin vs Shellz(s?)

A few years later I was just searching random freestyle videos on youtube and eventually found Aye Verb vs SB and older Smack DVD battles like P80 vs Murda Mook and suddenly I was hooked on battles for good.
FatManFromSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:37 AM   #18
JustJ123

Remember this

Can't remember when I heard this for the first time. It was a while back. Figure it should be posted in here and this topic got me thinking about it.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:39 AM   #19
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Quote:
ya i seen some blaze battles but i remember seeing el gant beat puimpkin head on mtv he told PH that his rhymes have touched more kids then micheal jackson. i have asked PH about el gant b4 like 5 years ago i dont remember what ph was blabbing about though. battles from like 2000-2005 are all mixed up for me because they were on tv and i only got to see them once
I don't know then. I only saw the full MTV shit the year Swann and Wreckonize battled. I don't remember if I even saw the year Locksmith and Reignman battled when it first aired. I think both shows were in 2003.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #20
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatManFromSpace View Post
That's fucked there there is no sound on this video since I've only heard the audio of the battle from that Fight Klub event and I've only seen another video with some shorter clips on YouTube.

It's crazy since this year the first round was Jin vs Wreckonize and then Jae Millz vs Shells. I vaguely remember thinking Jae Millz got jerked. Would have been crazy to see Jin vs Jae Millz in the finals.

Last edited by JOBone; 10-24-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:44 AM   #21
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Mentioned: 1415 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle

back when it was just audio and a pic on youtube. i have no idea how i found it, prolly from 8 mile. iron blew my mind
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
"Now I don't blame you if you don't know the rules of the street
Let me explain you so you can know what to do when you meet
A real G, known for puttin' quick conclusions to beef
I'll fire arms until my arms tired... then I'm usin' my feet"
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:44 AM   #22
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
The first battle I ever watched was Swann vs Wrekonize on MTV. It's crazy to think that was 10 years ago.

For each league, these were my firsts:

Youtube: One of Iron Solomon's battles, I can't remember which
GT: Lush One vs Unorthodox Phrases
KOTD: Kid Twist vs Porich
Smack DVD: One of Mook's battles, I can't remember which
URL: Math vs T-Rex
Don't Flop: O'Shea vs Dirtbag Dan

Last edited by My Kall; 10-24-2013 at 06:47 AM.
My Kall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #23
JesusOfRap
Автомат Калашникова 47

anyone know whats like the first availible to the public on tv or dvd like fight klub/smack or other street kind of battle with with guys similar to the head ices and party artys?

we all know scribble was popping since like 96 and blaze and 106 n park 99-2000+
then the mtv shit was in the early 2003's
and then nothing???? until like what
2006 with fight klub and the smack dvds about the sam time.
And then the fight klub and

did smack come out before the jumpoff street battles or visa versa. because we all know how the elements league gt and kotd url came about.
Quote:
GTN + kotd = fuck smack
Quote:

Old 10-24-2013, 07:06 AM   #24
FatManFromSpace
Twinkie Madness

Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
FatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time AustraliaFatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time AustraliaFatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBone View Post
That's fucked there there is no sound on this video since I've only heard the audio of the battle from that Fight Klub event and I've only seen another video with some shorter clips on YouTube.
There's def other videos that do have audio for jin vs shells, but I remember this being the first one I saw haha
FatManFromSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #25
igotmy9milli

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
igotmy9milli is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post
Makes me feel old AF compared to some of you guys, but this was the one for me:

^ this

Keep the gun cock, represent one block 139 nigga, the Danger Zone. We quick to put a bullet in a stranger's dome.

Ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead.
igotmy9milli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:06 AM   #26
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Quote:
anyone know whats like the first availible to the public on tv or dvd like fight klub/smack or other street kind of battle with with guys similar to the head ices and party artys?

we all know scribble was popping since like 96 and blaze and 106 n park 99-2000+
then the mtv shit was in the early 2003's
and then nothing???? until like what
2006 with fight klub and the smack dvds about the sam time.
And then the fight klub and

did smack come out before the jumpoff street battles or visa versa. because we all know how the elements league gt and kotd url came about.
Here's some trivia that might put some shit into a sort of timeline:

Eminem vs Juice Scribble 1997
Eyedea won Scribble in 1999 and the Blaze Battles in 2000
Posta Boy became the first champ on 106 and Park 2001
Jin was in 2002
8 Mile came out 2002 then a whole bunch of battle rap shit started popping off
Both MTV Freestyle Battles tournaments were 2003
Rhymefest won Scribble in 2003
Jae Millz vs Murda Mook the first SMACK DVD battle was 2003
The Showtime TV series "Interscope Presents: The Next Episode" was in 2003
Murda Mook vs Party Arty Smack DVD 2004
Remy Ma vs Lady Luck (the first big Fight Klub battle I first remember hearing about) was in 2004
Illmac wins Scribble Jam 2004
Jin vs Shells at the Fight Klub Mixshow Power Summit was 2004
Serius vs Jin for Fight Klub 2005
Jin vs Verse Smack DVD 2005
Iron Solomon vs Mic Assassin Jumpoff 2005
Jin vs Professor Green at the Power Summit 2005, Jin calls out Serius for a rematch who lost to Pro Green
Fight Klub gets a deal to be on MTV 2 in 2006
Quest Mcody vs Illmac Spin the Mic 2006
1st Jumpoff WRC 2006
The Saurus wins Scribble Jam 2006
Hollow Da Don 106 and Park Champ 2006
Loaded Lux vs Young Miles Smack DVD 2007
WRC tapes get stolen 2007
Iron vs Math Smack DVD 2007
Jin vs Iron at Fight Klub 2007
Loaded Lux 106 and Park Champ 2007
Charlie Clips vs Tay Roc Sub 0 DVD/Lionz Den 2008
Mook vs Young Hot at the World Series of Hip Hop 2008

Real shit, 2007-2008 was practically the end of battle rap if leagues didn't come around; Fight Klub got cancelled on TV in 2007(?), Smack DVD ended around 2007 because bootlegging got out of control, Sub 0 DVD and Lionz Den had a falling out in 2008(?), Scribble Jam ended in 2008, WRC was going to happen in 2008 but the stolen tapes fucked up sponsors I think, World Series of Hip Hop didn't pay anyone.

Last edited by JOBone; 10-24-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #27
brodeezy

Mentioned: 620 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
i joined rapmusic in 2011 i think it was after i saw qp vs rosenburg

i think there were some other battles that brought me to that 1 but thats the first one ir emember watching

I GOTTA REP SO BIG

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:35 AM   #28
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Quote:
I think I just found the show you were talking about. It's from MTV's DirectFX in 2001. Never seen this shit before.

I found this thread talking about it. http://rapmusic.com/threads/hom-vs-b...lowin.1194883/

Reminded me that Breeze Evahflowin was on the Carson Daily show battling Adeem. I guess this was in 2008.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #29
GASP
Trollin Trolled

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
GASP is a PY Poster
Started with Dutch battles in '03, shortly after that Smack DVD and Jin etc.

And also Wrekonize vs. Swann I listened to a lot

Last edited by GASP; 10-24-2013 at 09:50 AM.
GASP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #30
hamdouken

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
hamdouken is a PY Poster
I can't find the footage on this hard drive to upload and post, but I distinctly remember my dick bodying your mother's asshole 3-0. Don't worry, though, I'll be speaking about the battle on my unbias review untold truths.

that annoying ass oprah gif works like a mf'er

u cant rebuttal that shit
hamdouken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #31
JesusOfRap
Автомат Калашникова 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBone View Post
I think I just found the show you were talking about. It's from MTV's DirectFX in 2001. Never seen this shit before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7BYhX7pFKY

I found this thread talking about it. http://rapmusic.com/threads/hom-vs-b...lowin.1194883/

Reminded me that Breeze Evahflowin was on the Carson Daily show battling Adeem. I guess this was in 2008.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq-RAsEY8mE
ya i seen that 01 you posted i think they were having a battle after every show or something like that for a few weeks. i probably seen them all i watched tv back then. and nice time line i didnt knoe the mook millz was that old which is very good to hear. without trying to hard ive kept up with mostly all of that somehow or another i even do remember seeing this

it was kinda weak but i remember some dude from compton was on it named like spit flamez who was dope and some other guy from chicago who worshipped twista. i feel like i remember @Ness Lee even being on this and i have no clue why. maybe it was this or maybe it was something else he was on but it was pre wrc
Quote:
GTN + kotd = fuck smack
Quote:

Old 10-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #32
Gopher D'Gusto

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Serious Jones' old Fight Klub battles is what got me into battling. Serious Jones vs. Jin and Serious Jones vs. Ace (the original "all of the above" scheme) back when Fight Klub was on late night MTV2 was my shit. First Smack shit I remember was Jones vs. Mook and Mook vs Lux. Then I discovered Whyteout on 106 and Park. For those that don't know/remember Whyteout:

Gopher D'Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #33
Casual

Mentioned: 443 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
dmx vs jay z.

jay z used to be jay-z back then.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #34
paddy87

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
respek ba vs stig

gonna rewatch it now,ain't seen it in years

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #35
Haze Skunk
Trinidad nice

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Haze Skunk is a PY Poster
Haze Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #36
BOLDYIN
Hey Fellas!

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
BOLDYIN is a PY Poster

i remember liking that rocky dude

then he battled this dude

i remember havin to go on the jumpoff site to watch the uk battles then thats how i found out about the wrcs + american side of things
BOLDYIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #37
JesusOfRap
Автомат Калашникова 47

not one person admitted to being a newcomer yet, thas is kinda a shock. i want to see someone who got introduced by lux vs calicoe because wasnt that suppose to have hit the mainstream ? i guess those kids are still trying to catch up on battles and dont need to waste time on a forum to find new battles.
Quote:
GTN + kotd = fuck smack
Quote:

Old 10-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #38
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Quote:

it was kinda weak but i remember some dude from compton was on it named like spit flamez who was dope and some other guy from chicago who worshipped twista. i feel like i remember @Ness Lee even being on this and i have no clue why. maybe it was this or maybe it was something else he was on but it was pre wrc
Yeah the dude who won the whole thing was Spitfiya. I don't remember who the dude from Chicao was by Spitfiya's whole shit was definitely spitting fast like Twista. Ness Lee was on the show as well as Quest Mcody and Diabolic.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #39
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1130 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
AVOCADO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #40
DontDoDat
Rap Game Hugo Chavez

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
DontDoDat is a PY Poster
First battle I ever saw was prob some Jin shit back when I used to watch 106 in middle school.

First I actually paid attention to and watched a few after was Serius after he shitted on Jin.

OT Genesis - Cut It (Feat. Young Dolph)

Gucci Mane - 1st Day out the Feds

Lan Louie - JUUG

Young Thug - With Them

Drake - Weston Road Flows

Schoolboy Q - #BETiGOTSUMWEED

Kevin Gates - Really Really

Kendrick Lamar - P&P (Feat. Ab-Soul)

Logic - Like Whoa

Desiigner - Panda
DontDoDat is offline   Reply With Quote