Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
KOTDVAs - Battler of the Year

Old 01-09-2017, 06:30 PM   #41
Casual

Mentioned: 429 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
yo the crazy shit about this list is it was picked by the KOTD STAFF.

like, your job is battle rap and you're still unseasoned.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:34 PM   #42
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Mentioned: 635 Post(s)
King Fly is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
yo the crazy shit about this list is it was picked by the KOTD STAFF.

like, your job is battle rap and you're still unseasoned.
except it wasnt.
it was picked by the fans and narrowed by the staff. big difference. learn it lol
King Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:37 PM   #43
Casual

Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fly View Post
except it wasnt.
it was picked by the fans and narrowed by the staff. big difference. learn it lol
I find it hard to believe that Magic/Fresco/QP/A Ward/etc. weren't even mentioned by the fans....

If that's the case you should revise the process....where was this fan thing done anyway?
Old 01-09-2017, 06:38 PM   #44
culturedboy
R.I.P. ux9

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
culturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICE
Quote:
have to agree to disagree. shotti 3-0.
i think i've got enough reasons why @King Fly is retarded now that @Luke could make a 3-part list about them

how do you actually come onto this forum and defend putting shotti p over other battlers because "he beat clips" and had more battles than others... and then defend the point by saying "the fans thought shotti won"

guess what, dickhead -- they didn't (oh, and most people beat clips, so it was astonishing when i went to find the video poll and shotti didn't have 90% winrate)

that is a direct source of fan interaction, no forum, no outsourced facebook group -- that's the video poll, and clips took it convincingly

if quantity matters, then where the fuck is Arsonal, who hasn't even lost on your league this year and had more output than 98% of your battlers

where's Fresco, who you guys want to push to the top of cards so much and really hype up that "this is the only place to see him!"
I battled mulatto mutant on the Textual Healing card. You can read, vote on, & discuss the battle here.

Last edited by culturedboy; 01-09-2017 at 06:46 PM.
culturedboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:39 PM   #45
culturedboy
R.I.P. ux9

culturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICEculturedboy is NICE
Quote:
narrowed by the staff
well that's your first mistake dumbass you're the ones who want to push battlers, not the fans who watch the shit

also, if the fans were involved, why weren't we contacted -- you sure do love to come here and seek feedback/fights with fans over menial bullshit, why not seek actual fucking feedback from a community that proves it knows what it's talking about time and time again
I battled mulatto mutant on the Textual Healing card. You can read, vote on, & discuss the battle here.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:40 PM   #46
culturedboy
R.I.P. ux9

don't say you went to talkback don't say you went to talkback don't say you went to talkback don't say you went to talkback
Old 01-09-2017, 06:42 PM   #47
Casual

the comments on this video are great
Old 01-09-2017, 06:45 PM   #48
culturedboy
R.I.P. ux9

Quote:

the comments on this video are great
and u just know the dude with the name keyser soze picked it up after watching saurus vs charron for the 80,000,000th time
Old 01-09-2017, 06:47 PM   #49
culturedboy
R.I.P. ux9

also i jus realized im near as retarded as kf cus i asked where saurus was lmao
Old 01-09-2017, 06:47 PM   #50
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2845 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Shotti p has less than 1k twitter followers and one battle over 60k views.

Carter is a much bigger name and far more requested. A few neckbearded talkback posters who quibble over puns about current events does not mean someone has demand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:49 PM   #51
Casual

@Jack Deuce @BattleRapChris

when will the legitimate nominations be out?
Old 01-09-2017, 07:08 PM   #52
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that Magic/Fresco/QP/A Ward/etc. weren't even mentioned by the fans....

If that's the case you should revise the process....where was this fan thing done anyway?
a ward and fresco only have one KOTD battle this year - they dont qualify for this category. (had to be more than one battle)
Magic and QP never got more votes than the top 10 that were picked, same with real deal and a bunch of others.

and again - if you got better way to do it - im alllll ears - but dont say we need to change how we do it if you cant offer a better solution.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:10 PM   #53
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
don't say you went to talkback don't say you went to talkback don't say you went to talkback don't say you went to talkback
geez homeboy calm down. 3 posts in a row, you must be really personally invested in this eh? sorry ur fav batters didnt make the list. maybe next year champ!!
Old 01-09-2017, 07:12 PM   #54
culturedboy
R.I.P. ux9

Quote:
geez homeboy calm down. 3 posts in a row, you must be really personally invested in this eh? sorry ur fav batters didnt make the list. maybe next year champ!!
instead of addressing one post where i say "don't say they're from talkback" try addressing the one post with well-thought out points addressing everything you said, dickhead

why kotd allows you to come on here and literally ruin the brand's reputation as anything more than 3 guys with some money making rap battles happen is beyond me
Old 01-09-2017, 07:13 PM   #55
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
Shotti p has less than 1k twitter followers and one battle over 60k views.

Carter is a much bigger name and far more requested. A few neckbearded talkback posters who quibble over puns about current events does not mean someone has demand.
go away - since when does twitter followers mean anything?? gjonaj only has 1400 - hahahah stop ur trying to justify ur hate for the dude. and hes got two battles that will break 60k probably today. so stooooop sean.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:14 PM   #56
Casual

Quote:
a ward and fresco only have one KOTD battle this year - they dont qualify for this category. (had to be more than one battle)
Magic and QP never got more votes than the top 10 that were picked, same with real deal and a bunch of others.

and again - if you got better way to do it - im alllll ears - but dont say we need to change how we do it if you cant offer a better solution.
So Magic and QP were in the top 25 from fans but not the 10 based on staff?

Based on the above, narrow down the staff who have input to the ones who aren't retarded. Seems like the easiest way to improve it.

Was Dizaster a last minute write in from Drake?
Old 01-09-2017, 07:14 PM   #57
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
instead of addressing one post where i say "don't say they're from talkback" try addressing the one post with well-thought out points addressing everything you said, dickhead

why kotd allows you to come on here and literally ruin the brand's reputation as anything more than 3 guys with some money making rap battles happen is beyond me
awwww muffin, now we resort to name calling. its ok like i said champ, maybe ur fav will be there next year! keep cheering them on.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:16 PM   #58
culturedboy
R.I.P. ux9

Quote:
awwww muffin, now we resort to name calling. its ok like i said champ, maybe ur fav will be there next year! keep cheering them on.

bishop brigante should put you on a leash lol
Old 01-09-2017, 07:17 PM   #59
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
bishop brigante should put you on a leash lol
xoxo
Old 01-09-2017, 07:19 PM   #60
culturedboy
R.I.P. ux9

Quote:
xoxo
Old 01-09-2017, 07:26 PM   #61
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:

Old 01-09-2017, 07:29 PM   #62
brodeezy

Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
go away - since when does twitter followers mean anything?? gjonaj only has 1400 - hahahah stop ur trying to justify ur hate for the dude. and hes got two battles that will break 60k probably today. so stooooop sean.
gjonjanjna is also not good

I GOTTA REP SO BIG

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:35 PM   #63
culturedboy
R.I.P. ux9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
gjonjanjna is also not good
f-f-f-f-fax

dude had a better performance on don't flop than he's ever had on KOTD lol i hope he jumps ship tbh
Old 01-09-2017, 07:42 PM   #64
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'

Mentioned: 468 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Obviously I was the best this year, so fuck this list tbh

Grind Time VA's coming soon, the people will be heard!!!
Old 01-09-2017, 07:49 PM   #65
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2845 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
So, we know I'm right then? This is established?

K thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:05 PM   #66
Profess

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Shout out @King Fly for spawning an interesting thread

Cortez gets my vote
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:25 PM   #67
Sky2real

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
People think shotti p (or whatever his name is) is good? lol.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:54 PM   #68
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
azhotazice is a PY Poster
Quote:
Shotti P lost to Clips and PNut. Beat Skelly. Had a debatable with XCel. KOTD keeps pushing this guy in people's faces and not recognising that indifference doesn't mean people like him.
Lmao and also to touch on the QP thing there needs to be an awards system that isn't just based off a specific league to truly recognize year end achievements
Old 01-09-2017, 09:55 PM   #69
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
azhotazice is a PY Poster
@brodeezy Gjonaj is fire sh'mon bro
Old 01-09-2017, 10:02 PM   #70
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@King Fly is your job really stressful/frustrating? i remember a long time ago you mentioned having to reply to emails from people asking why they couldn't watch the kotd ppv they had purchased when the event hadn't even happened yet. i felt bad for you that shit would drive me crazy. also do you smoke weed? if yes, how much?
and shout out to @iamHBY for beign some kinda weird weirdo who posts all the battles 1rst before every1 else ; u are 4 out of the 4 stickied battles right now so idk what to make u of tbh are u Tryna pull something or what's going on here ?

no hatred at all ; its just something i just noticed idk what ur up to , suspicious
wwjjddd? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:25 PM   #71
Aftershock
VIP

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Aftershock is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by illipsis View Post
Obviously I was the best this year, so fuck this list tbh

Grind Time VA's coming soon, the people will be heard!!!
Tbh I thought you deserved to be on the freshmen list, I thought you had a good year.
Aftershock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:42 PM   #72
Marcus

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Marcus is not the worst person
@kingfly is this the way the new contender gets chosen?

And for a better method have everyone write in 5-10 battlers. Then devise a point system where you discriminate between a nr 1 and 4 and a nr 2 and 3 score, so that a first place is always higher. There are lots of examples for this. But even 15,12, 10,8,7,5,4,3,2,1 works for places 1-10 respectively. Battler with most points wins.

An even better option would be to create categories in which you score battlers in which they can get points (wordplay, bars, performance, wins, big stage battles etc.). Each category gets 0,1 or 2 points. Then let a panel of people score all eligible battlers (>1 main page battle in the year, or whatever) on each category. Battler with most points wins. Assuming you have put in all categories which measure hoe good a battler is and categories dont measure much of the same , this is the most objective way.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:05 PM   #73
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Fresco and Magic should 10000% be on this list
Shadowposter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:08 PM   #74
peace

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
it's okay for the KOTD staff to admit that they're catering to their fan base. if that's how you want to brand yourselves, then go for it by all means. but it'll be silly to expect us to give your top 10 list warm reception when it was determined by the same fans who have caustic in their top five and refer to charron as THE SMACK KILLER.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:16 PM   #75
Carl Spackler
Cinderella story

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Carl Spackler is better than Grind Time AustraliaCarl Spackler is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
1. Set up a private poll so voters can't see results, post link on talkback.
2. Completely disregard poll full of unseasoned and delusional voters.
3. Form your own conclusions as a team from thoughts that are rooted in reality.

Carl Spackler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:20 AM   #76
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 411 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
still haven't watched shotti v clips tbh
Old 01-10-2017, 12:30 AM   #77
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge View Post
still haven't watched shotti v clips tbh
same and this goddamn thread is making me feel obligated to
and shout out to @iamHBY for beign some kinda weird weirdo who posts all the battles 1rst before every1 else ; u are 4 out of the 4 stickied battles right now so idk what to make u of tbh are u Tryna pull something or what's going on here ?

no hatred at all ; its just something i just noticed idk what ur up to , suspicious
wwjjddd? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 01:34 AM   #78
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
I'm suprised no Arsonal

Out of this
P Nut
Thesaurus

They had the best showings on kotd

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 01:40 AM   #79
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Shotti P lost to Clips and PNut. Beat Skelly. Had a debatable with XCel. KOTD keeps pushing this guy in people's faces and not recognising that indifference doesn't mean people like him.
from majority of kotd fanbase he bat clips and xcel

He shouldnt win but he deserved the nod

If we go by wins or losses Ice might have lost every battle he was in. But he had good showings so it dont matter

I'm surprised no Carter Deems mention

Im surprised but glad cortez got his nod

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:12 PM   #80
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote: