Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
gamesguru is not the worst person
Don't Flop Sunburn 2 PPV (+ Preview)

gamesguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:25 PM   #2
ukallday
We FUCK THAT

Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
ukallday is better than Grind Time Australiaukallday is better than Grind Time Australia
I hope these arn't the best bars from each battle cause most of this was unimpressive.
ukallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:31 PM   #3
gamesguru
I'm Just Sittin' Here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukallday View Post
I hope these arn't the best bars from each battle cause most of this was unimpressive.
These trailers/previews sometimes don't tend to be a good representation of the battles. Especially considering the quick turnover, I'm guessing Bagnall just picked a bunch at random.

Ain't watched the preview myself. Been hyped for this line up and just copped the PPV, so I'm gonna watch a bunch of the battles fresh tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:46 PM   #4
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Jai 90s flip was SICK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 11:21 PM   #5
Briscoe

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Briscoe is not the worst person
Watched Wiz-Og, might actually be Wizard's best performance tbh. At least it was going that way after the first two rounds, the third was a bit slower in comparison but he's solidified his spot as #1 punchline rapper.
Briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 11:50 PM   #6
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
someone tell me what battles to watch from this, i dont love uk battles.
@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:06 AM   #7
TomB

Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
TomB is better than Grind Time AustraliaTomB is better than Grind Time Australia
Shuffle/Unan was good, I'm almost tempted to say Unan got it but I also am aware that's not possible. Shuffle was grade a shit in the first and second didn't think the 3rd was as strong. Unan was pretty good, he was better at being funny than usual I thought.

Marlo/Pedro was fucking hilarious. My favorite of the 3 I've seen. Marlo smashed it.

Wiz/Og was great. Both their own type of funny and I like the way their styles work in a battle against each other.

That's all I've seen so far.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:15 AM   #8
Schwarzer_Negger

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Schwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time AustraliaSchwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB View Post
Shuffle/Unan was good, I'm almost tempted to say Unan got it but I also am aware that's not possible. Shuffle was grade a shit in the first and second didn't think the 3rd was as strong. Unan was pretty good, he was better at being funny than usual I thought.

Marlo/Pedro was fucking hilarious. My favorite of the 3 I've seen. Marlo smashed it.

Wiz/Og was great. Both their own type of funny and I like the way their styles work in a battle against each other.

That's all I've seen so far.
Did Marlo really smash it? He normally sucks in 1on1s and a combination of some recap saying the battle being outside seemed to throw him off, and the lame bar used in the trailer convinced me he would be cringeworthy in this. I'm hoping he at least does OK because I want to be able to watch Pedro without having to skip around a bunch.
Schwarzer_Negger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:19 AM   #9
lennycooke

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
lennycooke is not the worst person
I dont follow Don't Flop at all. But i respect that they can throw events with only their own talent. that is impressive.
lennycooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:46 AM   #10
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB View Post
Shuffle/Unan was good, I'm almost tempted to say Unan got it ... Unan was pretty good, he was better at being funny than usual I thought.
Yeah, Unan is so much better when he just relaxes and doesn't do that monstrosity thing. Not sure why he can't see that.
Michael Vick/ dogs bars
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Any reference to a movie where you state exactly what happened in that movie without changing it
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:47 AM   #11
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Glad to hear that Tony D vs. Raptor was good too.

People saying maybe better than Shotty vs Tone (Not all that difficult tho.)

Also glad we can stop pretending Liv Wynter is good...
Michael Vick/ dogs bars
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Any reference to a movie where you state exactly what happened in that movie without changing it

Last edited by Emancee; 09-08-2015 at 02:56 AM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 04:53 AM   #12
TomB

Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
TomB is better than Grind Time AustraliaTomB is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzer_Negger View Post
Did Marlo really smash it? He normally sucks in 1on1s and a combination of some recap saying the battle being outside seemed to throw him off, and the lame bar used in the trailer convinced me he would be cringeworthy in this. I'm hoping he at least does OK because I want to be able to watch Pedro without having to skip around a bunch.
I mean I'm usually smashed myself when I watch battles...but Marlo had me laughing so much in his 1st that I couldn't function. Could be different if I watched it sober but I was dying.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:42 AM   #13
Disney Villain

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Disney Villain is not the worst person
Just bought Marlo vs Pedro and Shuffle vs Unan.

I like how you can buy the individual battles.

Quality is great too, though the DONTFLOP.COM/PPV text at the bottom could surely be a bit smaller...

Just finished watching Marlo vs Pedro. Fucking hilarious, one of the best battles I've seen this year. Marlo was on top form and Pedro really held his own and kept it competitive.

Enjoyed more than any of the WD5 battles tbh (and I liked several of those). Will actually rewatch this during the rental period too unlike anything from WD5

Will watch Shuffle vs Unan next. Might buy a third one later but not sure which yet.
Disney Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:45 AM   #14
Schwarzer_Negger

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Schwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time AustraliaSchwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time Australia
Rented Wiz vs Ogmios. Both are pretty great rounds 1 & 2, battle gets flat in round 3 but entertaining the whole way.
Schwarzer_Negger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:37 AM   #15
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Glad to hear that Tony D vs. Raptor was good too.

People saying maybe better than Shotty vs Tone (Not all that difficult tho.)

Also glad we can stop pretending Liv Wynter is good...
Nah people are runnim with either "she had a panic attack"(she didnt) or "big ups to her for getting up there and trying" i even seen cha'boy @Seanzo say she was dope the other day.
Crazy how people just have completly different standards if a girl is battling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:49 AM   #16
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
was there in person day 2, shuffle had some good shit on unan's mum (thought it would be played lol) and ark had bar of the night with 'dumping the 9'

other than that, some decent moments, callum pocket checking juan was pretty damn funny but wouldn't buy any matches on ppv other than ark/tali, shuffle/unan

anyone know how pedro vs marlo was?
Shadowposter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 11:36 AM   #17
Disney Villain

Disney Villain is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
anyone know how pedro vs marlo was?
It was great. I watched it and the Shuffle/Unan battle (which was really good also) and thought Marlo/Pedro was better overall.
Disney Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 03:39 PM   #18
gamesguru
I'm Just Sittin' Here...

Just got done watching the following battles. Just my initial thoughts, so subject to change and all that.....

---

The doubles match with Matter, P-Solja, Big J and Lefty was good. Matter and P worked well together. Big J and Lefty's first round was hilarious. But then they dragged the owl angle too far into the dirt. So wasn't much from them after that.

Double L vs Adam The Rapper was another decent battle, but nothing to scream home about. Adam had a bunch of stumbles/chokes throughout which really impacted his performance, and will leave fans waiting on his return disappointed, but Double entertained for the last two rounds. His 2nd was round of the battle.

Souljitsu vs Juan did as you'd expect. Soul with a couple slips in the 2nd, but brought it back. Juan took it comfortably though. Think Souljitsu is kinda similar to Troy Brown in a sense, that his content/consistency needs tightening a little bit in order to avoid flat spots. Need to see a great performance in him before getting someone like OG.

Harry Baker vs Pamflit. What you expect really. Was entertaining for what it was, but Harry was better in the Quill and Oshea battles. Still took the battle though.

Ogmios vs Wizard was great. I don't think it necessarily exceeded it's potential, but it was a great battle nonetheless. "In a bumper car screaming out bumbaclot!"..... sounds like a Pedro bar. Speaking of....

Pedro vs Marlo lived up to the hype. Exceeded even, depending on your expectations. Pedro was on top form. This is up there with his Oshea and Dotz performances. One of his most entertaining to date. He lost a little steam at the end of the third when he went all freestyle, but he also had the "hair gel on a stairwell, made this brer fell" amidst it. So if you like Pedro this is a much watch. Entire battle had me howling. Preferred Marlo here over Shuffle in the Unan match up. Marlo much better than in his Tricky P clash.

Unan vs Shuffle. Shuffle had some deep cut bars as you'd expect, but didn't really lead up to a crescendo and the kill until he picked up a little bit more in the 3rd. I think his rounds were a little short, and perhaps that's what left me wanting a little more. But if you don't expect Anton Murphy level Shuffle then you should still be pleased. He did well and much much better than his Bullets battle. Honestly the match is hard to call. Unan had longer rounds without any dry spots, but Shuffle had a few harder hitting lines ("when you keep using the blade it's bound to get dull"). Unan left me pleasantly surprised. The best we seen him since Chris Leese, which was the best we'd seen since God knows when. Left the aggressive mythical multi shit at home and showed some nice jokes and variety.

Tony D vs Raptor. Solid battle. Felt like Tony coulda done with a few more bars in his first two rounds, at least the 1st. Which seemed really short. Couple very minor slips. But Tony was Tony. Casual presence, witty lines. Raptor showing a lotta of progression his last few battles. Might have to give him the win. Had a few slick bars peppered in there to combat one of Tony's biggest strengths (wit) and didn't slip/choke.

Last edited by gamesguru; 09-08-2015 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:55 PM   #19
ukallday
We FUCK THAT

ukallday is better than Grind Time Australiaukallday is better than Grind Time Australia
Yeah that's the best Unan has come in a while, the shuffle/marlo wedding thing went on too long in the 3rd but he had some good lines throughout his 3 rounds. Alot more debatable than people expected, Shuffle wasn't as cutting as he has been in the past. Good battle though, the lines they picked from that one for the ppv advert didn't do it justice.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:16 PM   #20
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 943 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Doing an exclusive giveaway of Wiz vs. Og tonight! PM me the name of your all time favorite Wigan Athletic player and you can watch the battle for free!
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:02 AM   #21
Tittyfuckin
I've got a pretty mouth

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tittyfuckin is not the worst person
That's the most entertaining Unan battle I've seen yet. When he refines his bars, takes out all the multi filly and adds in some humour he's great, hopefully he can keep it up.
Tittyfuckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:11 AM   #22
erfworm

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
erfworm is better than Grind Time Australiaerfworm is better than Grind Time Australia
Ye the Unan vs Shuffle battle was decent, I usually dislike Unan a lot but but was better here than hes been for a long time, same with Shuffle, his comedy schtick was getting tired but he actually had some good shit for once.

Wizard vs Ogmios was hilarious, as it would be, tailed off a bit in the 3rd rounds but I aint mad.

Pedro bodied Marlo. I skipped Marlos 2nd and 3rd rounds. That intro in the 1st round was also stolen straight from Stewart Lee -

Surprisingly good performance from Double L and an unusually bad one from Adam The Rapper, Double L can be pretty sick when he bothers to.

Havent watched any others so far.
erfworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:33 AM   #23
Tittyfuckin
I've got a pretty mouth

I don't know how Pedro does it. That cumming scheme what
Old 09-09-2015, 01:53 AM   #24
ukallday
We FUCK THAT

If anybody wants the answer to Sonny's question it's emmerson boyce.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:59 AM   #25
erfworm

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
erfworm is better than Grind Time Australiaerfworm is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tittyfuckin View Post
I don't know how Pedro does it. That cumming scheme what
better than chiller jones
erfworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 03:27 AM   #26
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 943 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukallday View Post
If anybody wants the answer to Sonny's question it's emmerson boyce.
Lmao, Wigan legend but sucks he's playing for Blackpool now.

Nobody took me up on the offer surprisingly.

Wizard delivered his best performance by far, even with a couple blatant Conceited bites. He's clearly Eurgh's favorite battler to watch.
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:50 AM   #27
ukallday
We FUCK THAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post

Wizard delivered his best performance by far, even with a couple blatant Conceited bites. He's clearly Eurgh's favorite battler to watch.
Bootlegs are so easy to find now.

Yeah Wiz killed it, wasn't Ogs best performance but was a good battle still.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:59 AM   #28
Minimal Aspiration

Minimal Aspiration is a PY Poster
Wizard's second round is one of my faves of 2015.
Minimal Aspiration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:12 AM   #29
Prelec
kevin

Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post

Th because he makes the beats for the events lmao
Prelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 03:42 PM   #30
Tittyfuckin
I've got a pretty mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelec View Post
Th because he makes the beats for the events lmao
What's that got to do with his battles?
Old 09-10-2015, 03:47 PM   #31
Prelec
kevin

Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tittyfuckin View Post
What's that got to do with his battles?
Good contact w// eurgh
Prelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:48 PM   #32
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Nick Vayne has seen da-feet

Wizard beats
Nick Vayne is offline   Reply With Quote