Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Pearly Gates 2 trailer , who won?

Old 05-07-2018, 02:26 AM   #1
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Pearly Gates 2 trailer , who won?

Does anyone know who won the matches?

Side note daylyt pretending to throw the chair was funny and that huckleberry finn bar would be a hayemaker on a big stage by blik the barbarian
Old 05-07-2018, 02:45 AM   #2
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
pat stay got the judges decision against verb. i watched it and thought it was a debatable very back and forth battle. it was definitely pretty good a bit shy of great. math hoffa beat ill will 2-1 in what was claimed as performance of the night. math did very well but i wasn't as amazed as the recaps suggested. like his 2nd round was being gassed up as almost a classic round which it wasn't, but it was definitely good. didn't watch the other battles.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:02 AM   #3
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
blik bodied luck. the first minute or two of luck's round was fire, though. it reminded me a bit of half past 7 bigg k.

magic beat j murda, but i understand the judges' decision. murda had a lot more punches. magic rapped. both did well for only 7 days prep. pretty enjoyable for what it was. in a few years, we're probably gonna say magic beat him.

daylyt clearly beat loso by being remotely interesting, even with that choke. both had laughably bad material, but one was tongue-in-cheek while the other was completely serious. daylyt's presence was top-tier. robbery.

math's first two rounds were damn near classic. suuuuper fire rounds. will went second. i feel he coasted off of the excitement for math, but he was still great. clear win for math in my opinion, not to downplay will. fire battle. math won judges' decision.

pat vs verb was fantastic. it had a few dry spots throughout. its replay value with be there, though. pat had a good first. verb's first was better imo, but i understand it being debatable. pat bodied the second with one of his best rounds of all time. it perfectly toed the line between uncomfortable territory and genuine humor. both of their thirds were forgettable. i had verb taking the third too, but pat winning overall. i don't judge by rounds. pat's second shifted what was a pretty close battle in the moment. pat won the judges' decision. i don't really care to debate or agree with it.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:05 AM   #4
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
salute fellas this shit says i must spread rep before giving again so what we doing with math getting performance of the night like he said he would , next 2 battles gotta be the same level
Old 05-07-2018, 03:58 AM   #5
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Yea RBE is using a "new judging system" where it is based off points so a person can lose 2 rounds and still win
Most of the decisions were robberies; the only one they got completely right was the Pat battle (I'm not counting the 2 early lower tier battles)
The one I aint mad at is J Murda, altho I felt Magic's shit was a tad better

All that said, these were good battles
Neanderthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:02 PM   #6
corny

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
corny is a PY Poster
my prediction for pat vs verb was surprisingly wrong, I thought for sure pat stay was gonna get robbed..I mean not just pat but just in general I figured judging is so flawed it robs people, but based on some reads judging is still flawed lol
Old 05-07-2018, 12:09 PM   #7
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
Yea RBE is using a "new judging system" where it is based off points so a person can lose 2 rounds and still win
Isn't that what the Knamelis 2.X thing did, which ultimately just failed because he gave every round a 9 or a 10
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:32 PM   #8
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR77 View Post
Isn't that what the Knamelis 2.X thing did, which ultimately just failed because Knamelis is a shitty, shitty judge
Corrected that for you. I don't think Knamelis got a single decision right after he made the 2.0 version.
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number
You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:06 PM   #9
hawaiiand
Media

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
hawaiiand is a PY Poster
Quote:
Most of the decisions were robberies; the only one they got completely right was the Pat battle (I'm not counting the 2 early lower tier battles)
The one I aint mad at is J Murda, altho I felt Magic's shit was a tad better

All that said, these were good battles
I dont think you could lose 2 rounds and win. The way I understood it, a round could end in a tie, and the judges could split the other two rounds. So if the result was each battler won a round, and tied the third round, the decision would go to the battler that won their round by the largest margin.

I could be wrong though.
hawaiiand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:31 PM   #10
Feral Linguist

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Math v Will was an excellent match in theory, glad to read that it's supposedly lived up to the potential
Old 05-07-2018, 08:35 PM   #11
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiand View Post
I dont think you could lose 2 rounds and win. The way I understood it, a round could end in a tie, and the judges could split the other two rounds. So if the result was each battler won a round, and tied the third round, the decision would go to the battler that won their round by the largest margin.

I could be wrong though.
That is the justification they're selling cuz people been hamming about the Daylyt shit but they sayin points are the determining factor

Loso tweeted this picture to speak on the strength of Daylyt's "aura" with Day getting a 7 in his choke round but he inadvertently showed they had him losin the 1st and had Day edging the 2nd by a "+" haha (although Day won both of those rounds much clearer)

but I ain't mad I guess; as long as people know this is the system then is what it is
Neanderthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:37 AM   #12
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Personally, I had Magic, Loso, Math and Pat all winning their respective battles, with Math/Will by far being the best battle of the night.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 04:31 AM   #13
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeping dogs View Post
pat stay got the judges decision against verb. i watched it and thought it was a debatable very back and forth battle. it was definitely pretty good a bit shy of great. math hoffa beat ill will 2-1 in what was claimed as performance of the night. math did very well but i wasn't as amazed as the recaps suggested. like his 2nd round was being gassed up as almost a classic round which it wasn't, but it was definitely good. didn't watch the other battles.
Good to hear Math took this battle serious, the original Ill Will if you will.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:51 AM   #14
Marcus

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
That is the justification they're selling cuz people been hamming about the Daylyt shit but they sayin points are the determining factor

https://twitter.com/Therealtech9/sta...84733189664768

Loso tweeted this picture to speak on the strength of Daylyt's "aura" with Day getting a 7 in his choke round but he inadvertently showed they had him losin the 1st and had Day edging the 2nd by a "+" haha (although Day won both of those rounds much clearer)

but I ain't mad I guess; as long as people know this is the system then is what it is
When using the boxing system there is no 10-10 or 10-10+ only 10-9 10-8 10-7. This is just a way to be able to jerk Daylyt.

When he judges on champion its always if you win 2 rounds you win the battle

Hahaha tech is funny but a shitty judge
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:42 AM   #15
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Lets be real daylyt's style really isn't that condusive to winning most battles i'd have to see this first though