View Poll Results: Who won?
Tsu Surf 12 30.77%
T-Top 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2016, 03:33 PM   #81
acidzero
lookin oinkish : ux9

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
acidzero is better than Grind Time Australiaacidzero is better than Grind Time Australia
al capone premium cigarillos

t-top 2-1
acidzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 05:00 PM   #82
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR77 View Post
It's not silent when you spell it though.
Lol, that's true
6000GP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 06:13 PM   #83
BLEEZY
Capped In America

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
BLEEZY is better than Grind Time AustraliaBLEEZY is better than Grind Time Australia
Dope battle, edged to top with surf getting the first obviously

These fuckin crowds man, a iv-er-son line getting that much reaction in 2016
BLEEZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 06:32 PM   #84
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
With or without the choke, I feel like T-Top would have won this. Surf might be the better writer, but Top showed up 100%. 3 FIRE rounds and he matched Surf as far as performance value if not doing better. This is a URL classic because of his consistency.

It made his 3rd hit even harder. T-Top is officially #1... and now he has to face the URL secret boss.

Calicoe.

Honestly no clue how it would go. Calicoe likes to make it look easy, and T is more like Tay Roc in terms of approach. Top has a separate style where he can clown on you though, leading me to believe he can go tit for tat with Cal on the "I'm not even trying" shtick he does.

@LukeWaltonisGoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 06:55 PM   #85
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceAintRight View Post
T-Top is officially #1... and now he has to face the URL secret boss.

Calicoe.

Honestly no clue how it would go. Calicoe likes to make it look easy, and T is more like Tay Roc in terms of approach. Top has a separate style where he can clown on you though, leading me to believe he can go tit for tat with Cal on the "I'm not even trying" shtick he does.

@LukeWaltonisGoat
I've been saying for a minute, this would be such a crazy URL battle (but considering that Cal ended up not battling Clips at NOME 6 because he wanted too much money leads me to believe this might not happen anytime soon, as badly as I want to see this happen).
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:42 PM   #86
LukeWaltonisGoat

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I've been saying for a minute, this would be such a crazy URL battle (but considering that Cal ended up not battling Clips at NOME 6 because he wanted too much money leads me to believe this might not happen anytime soon, as badly as I want to see this happen).
I don't think it was just money tho, if you look at this card it was really like a vets vs up and comers.. I think they realized that they can cut probably 8,000 dollars off the budget while at the same time try to build up Ill will somebody that they're really pushing right now

In order to keep pushing top higher and higher in status they're gonna have to book him against Cal and Goodz these next two big events.. the battle will happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:46 PM   #87
LukeWaltonisGoat

LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
@PriceAintRight I think top would do well I just think Cal is one of the best at making the battler in front of him look like a lil nigga.. and top already doesn't have that boss like presence about him

I think Cal would just look like he's on a different level than him on that stage..

When you go back and watch Cal vs Roc that first round it's not like Tay was wack but it literally looked like Cal was battling his son lol if you watch you'll see what I mean
Quote:

Old 12-16-2016, 08:43 PM   #88
ICeeZeeI
Oliver ClothesOff

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
ICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time AustraliaICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time Australia
One of the best battles Ive watched in a looong ass time. The reactions in this battle give it mega replay value. TTOP was nice in this one. Tsu kinda fell after his first.

But man smack with the reaction followed by that guy who put his arms out like he was touched by gods soul after ttop spit. Fuck I laughed. Awesome.
ICeeZeeI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:28 PM   #89
GetPaid

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
GetPaid is better than Grind Time AustraliaGetPaid is better than Grind Time Australia
What Top does is a lost art in modern battle rap and I love it. Maybe not the pedophile angle though, I wasn't really interested in that so I tuned it out.

Entertaining battle. I would love to see Top vs. Goodz someday soon.
GetPaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:39 PM   #90
thatguy

Mentioned: 768 Post(s)
thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
battle was cool, dunno if I'm feelin it as much as other people itt though. Battle kept my interest enough to watch the whole thing, which is something. There were some great moments but Im kinda with ux9 - just too many conceited 'what the fuck does that mean' lines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Dizaster is my most favorite battle rapper of all time.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:46 PM   #91
GetPaid

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
GetPaid is better than Grind Time AustraliaGetPaid is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I don't think it was just money tho, if you look at this card it was really like a vets vs up and comers.. I think they realized that they can cut probably 8,000 dollars off the budget while at the same time try to build up Ill will somebody that they're really pushing right now

In order to keep pushing top higher and higher in status they're gonna have to book him against Cal and Goodz these next two big events.. the battle will happen
Agree completely on Top vs Goodz. Makes too much sense. And URL doesn't seem like they fuck with Qleen but if you put that as a headliner next to Cal/Qleen, then grab two more big battles, that could be a UW High Stakes type of event imo.
GetPaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 10:29 PM   #92
Bar4Bar

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Bar4Bar is not the worst person
watched last night before bed and was a bit disappointed tbh. I watched the whole thing but it was pretty light imo...loads of gas, stretching etc, just everything that's wrong with battle rap (mainly URL tbh) these days. can't remember a single bar
Old 12-16-2016, 11:20 PM   #93
eMc K
Deus Scribendi

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
eMc K is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetPaid View Post
Agree completely on Top vs Goodz. Makes too much sense. And URL doesn't seem like they fuck with Qleen but if you put that as a headliner next to Cal/Qleen, then grab two more big battles, that could be a UW High Stakes type of event imo.
Cal would never battle Qleen, he fucks with him too much
eMc K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:52 AM   #94
mulatto mutant

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
mulatto mutant is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetPaid View Post
What Top does is a lost art in modern battle rap and I love it.
what did he do in this battle that other people dont do?

angles shine already covered?

big t's signature "nah that was wack"?

dna's boring ass jab every bar to build up momentum as if you're a puncher?

or that drug talk which he's largely gotten away from in recent battles

people saying t top won is NOT because he's using this unique style but because he reformatted his style when he hit the big stage to formulaically win, which is also why a lot of people here are saying they prefer surf despite t top 'ticking off the boxes' as it were, to win a battle rap round
03) Tsu Surf
04) Calicoe
05) B Magic
06) Illmaculate
07) Aye Verb
08) Iron Solomon
09) Tay Roc
10) Fresco
mulatto mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:53 AM   #95
mulatto mutant

idk how it hasnt been mentioned yet but like watching t top's rounds really felt like he locked himself in a room with nwx and let them help him write his bars and also violently edited his material, which - while i can't take away from its EFFECTIVENESS - just generally makes me care less about his material overall
03) Tsu Surf
04) Calicoe
05) B Magic
06) Illmaculate
07) Aye Verb
08) Iron Solomon
09) Tay Roc
10) Fresco
Old 12-17-2016, 06:05 AM   #96
Ice Cup
-

Ice Cup is not the worst person
'custodian at the school walking with the mop' line is nice because his weapon is so large, it is forcing him to walk while carrying in such a way so it looks like he is a custodian pushing a mop, and he illustrates what this looks like while he is saying it.

not great, but nice

"said they call him the bear, well I'm there like, where bear at? catch him by his foot, he cry wolf, I'm in that bear trap, look like a bear, (licks fingers) tastes like, deer snatch"
Ice Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 08:28 AM   #97
David Deas

David Deas is a PY Poster
Surf clearly lost.

But thats nothing new for a guy who's entire career is full of either clear losses or debatables, and virtually no clear wins.

Top may have won the battle but he just didn't do quite enough to truly damage Surf's stock. Surf will be back on the radio tomorrow doing what he actually really does best, which ain't battle rap, but talk wild hilarious shit in interviews.

Last edited by David Deas; 12-18-2016 at 12:33 AM.
David Deas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 03:44 PM   #98
track 1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
nowhere near the battle of the year as some people claim, might not even be the battle of the month tbh

URL crowds ruin all these battles for me
track 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 06:19 PM   #99
PriceAintRight

PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Watching this again today.

Quote:
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:56 PM   #100
mulatto mutant

surf's first is a classic round i be listenin to it in the car now and its only two days old
03) Tsu Surf
04) Calicoe
05) B Magic
06) Illmaculate
07) Aye Verb
08) Iron Solomon
09) Tay Roc
10) Fresco
Old 12-18-2016, 12:56 AM   #101
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
is that Queenzflip next to Smack wearing the Power Ranger's shirt?
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 04:02 AM   #102
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Man T Top is really good. also he reminds me of Gengar. He even sounds like him a bit

wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 06:10 AM   #103
LukeWaltonisGoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Deas View Post
Surf clearly lost.

But thats nothing new for a guy who's entire career is full of either clear losses or debatables, and virtually no clear wins.

Top may have won the battle but he just didn't do quite enough to truly damage Surf's stock. Surf will be back on the radio tomorrow doing what he actually really does best, which ain't battle rap, but talk wild hilarious shit in interviews.
Niggas say this all the time but never back it up

Clear Wins: Hitman (Classic), X factor (Classic), K Shine, Tay Roc, Daylyt, Brixx, Weez, Torch

Debatables: Hollow, Conceited (Classic), T-Top

Clear Losses: Calicoe, Clips, Yung Ill (Classic), Big T (Classic), Dna, Verb

That's not a bad resume at all when you consider the fact that he battled all of them in their prime and that out of those he really only had 2 performances that weren't good

Didn't count suge due to a nigga throwing a bottle at him fucking up the battle not to mention the guntitles first performance which was a true classic moment in battle rap

Also I was very tough on Surf with the scoring here there are plenty of ppl that would argue he beat Big T and Yung Ill and can make a solid argument

There aren't too many battlers that if you lined them up with all of these battlers they'd have anywhere close to that resume
Quote:

Old 12-18-2016, 10:55 PM   #104
PriceAintRight

Seen this 3 times now in its entirety. After going through all the gas, watching recaps, reviews, etc..

I've got it like this.

Round 1- Surf. I follow Jay Blac's opinion here in that the layered lyricism was too much this round. Surf went in. Top was NASHTY, but it couldn't compare.

Round 2- T-Top. His performance value and overall believable nature is SUCH a factor to me. He gives me that FEEL, you know? All of his material hit harder for me.

Round 3- T-Top by default, but I feel he'd have won anyway. As soon as he went into the Juvie bit, it'd have been over, especially since he was going last. T managed to really get the crowd on lock here and it felt fresh.

Super good battle. Added to the favorites for sure.

Quote:
Old 12-18-2016, 11:39 PM   #105
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cup View Post
look like a bear, (licks fingers) tastes like, deer snatch"
hahahah this is the best mishearing of a line ever
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:44 AM   #106
LukeWaltonisGoat

Just rewatched and made my final call.. Surf 2-1 first and second
Quote:

Old 12-19-2016, 04:12 AM   #107
David Deas

Quote:
Niggas say this all the time but never back it up

Clear Wins: Hitman (Classic), X factor (Classic), K Shine, Tay Roc, Daylyt, Brixx, Weez, Torch

Debatables: Hollow, Conceited (Classic), T-Top

Clear Losses: Calicoe, Clips, Yung Ill (Classic), Big T (Classic), Dna, Verb

That's not a bad resume at all when you consider the fact that he battled all of them in their prime and that out of those he really only had 2 performances that weren't good

Didn't count suge due to a nigga throwing a bottle at him fucking up the battle not to mention the guntitles first performance which was a true classic moment in battle rap

Also I was very tough on Surf with the scoring here there are plenty of ppl that would argue he beat Big T and Yung Ill and can make a solid argument

There aren't too many battlers that if you lined them up with all of these battlers they'd have anywhere close to that resume
Let me adjust your list and add a new category.

Clear Wins: Hitman (Classic), X factor (Classic), K-Shine

Debatables: Hollow, Conceited (Classic), Tay Roc

Clear Losses: Calicoe, Clips, Yung Ill (Classic), Big T (Classic), Dna, Verb, T-Top

Nobody cares: Daylyt, Brixx, Weez, Torch

Personally, I think he lost to both Conceited and Tay-Roc. The K-Shine battle was debatable considering Shine won the 1st, lost the 2nd and the 3rd was a toss up.

No matter what, that isn't the resume for somebody who is asking for Mook.
Old 12-19-2016, 04:23 AM   #108
LukeWaltonisGoat

Quote:
Let me adjust your list and add a new category.

Clear Wins: Hitman (Classic), X factor (Classic), K-Shine

Debatables: Hollow, Conceited (Classic), Tay Roc

Clear Losses: Calicoe, Clips, Yung Ill (Classic), Big T (Classic), Dna, Verb, T-Top

Nobody cares: Daylyt, Brixx, Weez, Torch

Personally, I think he lost to both Conceited and Tay-Roc. The K-Shine battle was debatable considering Shine won the 1st, lost the 2nd and the 3rd was a toss up.

No matter what, that isn't the resume for somebody who is asking for Mook.
If we're just keeping it a buck then Mooks resume...

Clear Wins: Iron Solomon, Lux pt.2

Debatables: Serious Jones, Lux pt.1

Clear losses: Party Arty, Jae Millz

Nobody Cares: Weeze, Young Hot

that's way worse, bro don't do that
Quote:

Old 12-19-2016, 04:25 AM   #109
PriceAintRight

Bringing Murda Mook's resume into this is not a good idea, especially considering he recycled quite a few of those battles.

Quote:
Old 12-19-2016, 04:35 AM   #110
LukeWaltonisGoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceAintRight View Post
Bringing Murda Mook's resume into this is not a good idea, especially considering he recycled quite a few of those battles.
Lol facts, If your main argument is falling in the hands of Mooks resume hahaha you should get banned for a week
Quote:

Old 12-19-2016, 05:34 AM   #111
David Deas

Quote:
If we're just keeping it a buck then Mooks resume...

Clear Wins: Iron Solomon, Lux pt.2

Debatables: Serious Jones, Lux pt.1

Clear losses: Party Arty, Jae Millz

Nobody Cares: Weeze, Young Hot

that's way worse, bro don't do that
I mostly agree, personally.

I would say that people do care about Young Hot because that was the battle that launched Mook into the modern format where material was tailored specifically for who you were battling. Personals and angles were pioneered by Mook. Prior to that, street battle rappers just walked to different corners on the block and recycled the same raps, which is what you see Mook doing on Smack DVD prior to Young Hot.

Regardless of resume, Mook is the undisputed biggest fish in the battle rap pond. Hasn't lost even a single round in the modern format. You have to earn that battle. Personally, from what I've seen of Surf in the modern era I don't think he has done that. Hollow has earned it. Charlie Clips, I think has earned it. But thats just about it.

From Mook's angle, his stock doesn't rise unless he battles and beats either a Hollow or Clips. A victory against anybody else on some lower tier wouldn't really change anything for him or do anything positive for his career.

Last edited by David Deas; 12-19-2016 at 05:42 AM.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:44 AM   #112
Dylerius

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Dylerius is a PY Poster
Surf 2-1

Been going back to his first constantly
Dylerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:28 AM   #113
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
If any employee of URL stalkin these forums, this battle is what y'all need to hold as one of the gold standards. Even with Surfs short 3rd, so much fire.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:18 PM   #114
LukeWaltonisGoat

Quote:
From Mook's angle, his stock doesn't rise unless he battles and beats either a Hollow or Clips. A victory against anybody else on some lower tier wouldn't really change anything for him or do anything positive for his career.
Whatever clips earned he lost when he started showing up to battles tryna freestyle getting 30'd every other week and I disagree whether you think Surf has earned it or not I think there are more options for him than you are making it out to be

I think Hollow and Ars have earned the mook battle (both heavy Mt. Rushmore candidates) and milk can gain from it

And I think in the battle world Mook's goat claim/Stock would go through the roof if he clearly beat Surf/Cal/Hitman

I think those are the 3 faces of the URL generation under him and I think until mook beats one of them there will always be a question of could he of competed in this era

(Verb kinda was buzzin more right before the URL shit popped off with the SB and Hollow battle... but his stock kinda died down otherwise he'd be on that list )

Also as much as I hate Diz he's the only one I can think of who deserves it so I think one Kotd battle on the west coast would help Mook as well he needs a road game on his resume
Quote:

Last edited by LukeWaltonisGoat; 12-19-2016 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:05 AM   #115
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
wondering how long until the consensus on who won this battle favors surf 2-1. no disrespect to t-top.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:20 PM   #116
andyjeezy

andyjeezy is a PY Poster
Fire battle?? This battle was ass juice. Crowd was terrible, Tsunami cant even get his shit off has to repeat his whole shit annoying as fuck. On that note Top got it. Thumbs down.
and basically that means you gotta fucking gay name bro"

Locksmith
andyjeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 11:42 PM   #117
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Mixed opinions on this one sheesh

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 02:11 AM   #118
PriceAintRight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyProehl View Post
Mixed opinions on this one sheesh
Yup. That usually means it's damn good for sure.

Quote:
Old 12-22-2016, 08:19 PM   #119
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
wow @ potentialy BOTY only being on page 3

this fuckin place lmao.

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
127754, 127936, 128293, 55356, 57098, 57280