Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Frak got robbed

Old 09-22-2020, 04:39 PM   #81
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 388 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
You'd have to think KOTD is pretty elated with how all of this played compared to the worst case scenario.

-The battle regenerated discussion/excitement for KOTD after they went through quite the lull in activity during the pandemic.

-KOTD keeps their biggest star in the tournament

-Frak doesn't care enough about the outcome to egg on the smear campaign against KOTD for how poorly the judging was organized. He's happy enough with how the battle/his performance will enhance his professional brand as an artist/content creator.

-The judging issue happened early enough in the tournament that KOTD can address it right away and not allow similar problems to hamper future battles/outcomes.
The larger issue at hand is the lack of faith in judging undermining the entire tournament. Everyone was upset that bigg k didn’t do the tournament, and he immediately tweets that shit like this is exactly why. Other battlers have tweeted the same sentiment. And you’re spot on about it being lucky that this is Frak who has a ton of other stuff going on. Could you imagine a scenario like this playing out where it’s someone like Head Ice on the wrong end of a blatant robbery for 50k? Something tells me he wouldn’t just laugh it off.

The stakes are only gonna get higher as the tournament progresses and they need to really solidify some respect as far as their judging system goes or there will inevitably be a lot more drama as we get closer to the 50k.
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 04:43 PM   #82
rogermellie

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
Frak could've battled a wet diaper and some people here would've been like "yo but diaper had more presence".
Presence is kind of important though isn't it? What bothers me the most are the awkward switches to a growly aggressive delivery on punchlines, it feels jarring and takes away from the impact of the line.

I'm always going back and fourth on Frak, he obviously has talent, he has creative/smart angles, he can write and sometimes he gets into a nice flow (maybe a bit too similar to Rone at times though), but I feel like he's still getting it together. I'm struggling to put my finger on it, I think maybe he is a little too self-aware and is still figuring out exactly how to present himself? That's how it comes across to me, just a bit disjointed. If I was judging this I'd have definitely given him the win, but without having to it's just a battle I didn't really enjoy from either side and I can see why people are going with Diz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
It's a fact that The Saurus didn't back down and let Pat Stay be the alpha male and all of that has a FACTUAL basis in primate psychology.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 04:58 PM   #83
Prelec
kevin

Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
Why the fuck does Dizasters presence matter vs Frak. He went ballistic against a scrawny white nerd to try and intimidate him and Frak kept composure just making diz look even more like a clown. Frak knew this and played in on it w/ the paper. Just because everyone facing diz is not having a fucking temper tantrum doesn't mean they lack the right presence.

These four judges werent clowns or whatever they were just not fit for the task. At the end of the day the controversy worked out for everyone because literally everybody is talking about it, boosting views for kotd. Diz advances to the next round so he aint mad either. Frak is going viral in multiple countries and hes getting good looks on his battles and music rn.

I don't think anyone who is actually involved in this whole ordeal is complaining. Aside from some dirty looks towards the judges its gonna blow over
Prelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:02 PM   #84
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem

Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelec View Post
Why the fuck does Dizasters presence matter vs Frak. He went ballistic against a scrawny white nerd to try and intimidate him and Frak kept composure just making diz look even more like a clown. Frak knew this and played in on it w/ the paper. Just because everyone facing diz is not having a fucking temper tantrum doesn't mean they lack the right presence.

These four judges werent clowns or whatever they were just not fit for the task. At the end of the day the controversy worked out for everyone because literally everybody is talking about it, boosting views for kotd. Diz advances to the next round so he aint mad either. Frak is going viral in multiple countries and hes getting good looks on his battles and music rn.

I don't think anyone who is actually involved in this whole ordeal is complaining. Aside from some dirty looks towards the judges its gonna blow over
On the nose! Everyone wins here, Frak being the biggest winner of all. Beating Diz as opposed to being seen as having been robbed against him does way more for him imo.
Serge T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 06:27 PM   #85
Phaget Magnet

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Phaget Magnet is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
You'd have to think KOTD is pretty elated with how all of this played compared to the worst case scenario.

-The battle regenerated discussion/excitement for KOTD after they went through quite the lull in activity during the pandemic.

-KOTD keeps their biggest star in the tournament

-Frak doesn't care enough about the outcome to egg on the smear campaign against KOTD for how poorly the judging was organized. He's happy enough with how the battle/his performance will enhance his professional brand as an artist/content creator.

-The judging issue happened early enough in the tournament that KOTD can address it right away and not allow similar problems to hamper future battles/outcomes.
Most of the chat were upset with the judging and spammed "RIGGED" in chat. I wonder how much of the audience will return for the next round.
Phaget Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 06:32 PM   #86
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2915 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaget Magnet View Post
Most of the chat were upset with the judging and spammed "RIGGED" in chat. I wonder how much of the audience will return for the next round.
All of them. Each and every person who said it's rigged. Because a week is enough to calm down, and they'll be interested to see KOTD's changes.
Quote:
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:28 PM   #87
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
It sucks for Frak for sure but he got paid to battle (all participants got a minimum payment just for entering) and now he has the attention of the bigger names he's been wanting to battle for years. Plus him vs Diz will get really good views if it hasn't already. It's a win/lose.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:35 PM   #88
iamHBY

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I'm interested to see how KOTD incorporates the tweaks they've made to the judging system for their next broadcast, and legitimately, I think the South division is both intriguing and honestly one that I think is kinda being slept on a bit.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 09:27 PM   #89
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Bring back the Knamelis 2.539 judging system.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 12:05 AM   #90
Emancee

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokab206 View Post
Bring back the Knamelis 2.539 judging system.
"I know that Charron clearly lost and every other judge had him clearly losing... but 3:0 Charron..."
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:14 AM   #91
Profess
I am the Chef

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Frak could've battled a wet diaper and some people here would've been like "yo but diaper had more presence".
Look, I never said I have Diz winning this battle. And I see that mocking me makes you feel powerful and in control. I'm explaining why I think the judges picked Diz to win. That is why I mentioned "presence."

Last edited by Profess; 09-23-2020 at 05:42 AM.
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:17 AM   #92
Profess
I am the Chef

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelec View Post

I suspect that his presence mattered to the judges because they probably think that he looks and acts like their image of a battle rapper. Why else would they have voted for him?
Old 09-23-2020, 05:30 AM   #93
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
Presence is kind of important though isn't it? What bothers me the most are the awkward switches to a growly aggressive delivery on punchlines, it feels jarring and takes away from the impact of the line.

I'm always going back and fourth on Frak, he obviously has talent, he has creative/smart angles, he can write and sometimes he gets into a nice flow (maybe a bit too similar to Rone at times though), but I feel like he's still getting it together. I'm struggling to put my finger on it, I think maybe he is a little too self-aware and is still figuring out exactly how to present himself? That's how it comes across to me, just a bit disjointed. If I was judging this I'd have definitely given him the win, but without having to it's just a battle I didn't really enjoy from either side and I can see why people are going with Diz.
Of course, presence matters subjectively. Some people think that it shouldn't because it can give bullies the upper hand at times.

Its a bad look to bully someone smaller than yourself. Remember when Cal punked Pat? More people were cool with Cal doing that to Pat, then Diz trying to do that to Frak. Personally, I think talking during rounds and touching etc should be kept to a bare minimum.

Some people preferred Frak's grace under pressure swag (presence) to Diz's aggro ways. I see them both as extremists in their own directions.

Last edited by Profess; 09-23-2020 at 05:40 AM.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:39 AM   #94
Felicity Halsey
Certified vet

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Felicity Halsey is not the worst person
Okay I watched it three times
The first round I gave to Diz
Round two was a tie but if it wasn't I'll give it to Frak
And round 3 I gave to Frak
Old 09-23-2020, 06:38 PM   #95
Uza
VIP

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Uza is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikForeman View Post

As for your question about my frak distaste, I met him in person and he rubbed me the wrong way (nh)
Lol yeah your first human contactíll do that to you.

This fool Formy actively perpetuated a hate campaign against Frak for years. Donít let dispassionate psychopath guise of even-tempered logic fool you.
Uza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 07:38 PM   #96
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 422 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uza View Post
Donít let dispassionate psychopath guise of even-tempered logic fool you.
Now this is what i call a marketable battle rapper

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 08:55 PM   #97
iamHBY

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Of course, presence matters subjectively. Some people think that it shouldn't because it can give bullies the upper hand at times.

Its a bad look to bully someone smaller than yourself. Remember when Cal punked Pat? More people were cool with Cal doing that to Pat, then Diz trying to do that to Frak. Personally, I think talking during rounds and touching etc should be kept to a bare minimum.

Some people preferred Frak's grace under pressure swag (presence) to Diz's aggro ways. I see them both as extremists in their own directions.
I don't mind the occasional conversational rebuttal from someone after their opponent has said a bar, more often than not it usually amounts to fun banter between battlers. But yeah, if someone's rapping, and their opponent is being super extra with purposely trying to throw them off, I'm not really a fan of that.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:06 PM   #98
Uza
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
Now this is what i call a marketable battle rapper
The flea market still counts!
Old 09-24-2020, 01:11 AM   #99
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Lol yeah your first human contactíll do that to you.

This fool Formy actively perpetuated a hate campaign against Frak for years. Donít let dispassionate psychopath guise of even-tempered logic fool you.
Would you battle 4man?
Old 09-24-2020, 02:11 AM   #100
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Dizaster still fucking sucks after all these years, big surprise.
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 02:37 AM   #101
Uza
VIP

Quote:
Would you battle 4man?
Never.
Old 09-24-2020, 02:50 AM   #102
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem

Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
Dizaster still fucking sucks after all these years, big surprise.
😂😂 Hitch good to see you still around brody 👊
Serge T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 03:15 AM   #103
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Never.
Too bad seems like there is some grass roots animosity
Old 09-24-2020, 06:25 AM   #104
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge T View Post
😂😂 Hitch good to see you still around brody 👊
Yooooooooo

Thanks man,

Usually just watch highlights on youtube from Playboi X or bars of the month these days. Don't really feel like sifting through battles. Last one I watched was Shotgun vs Pat, that was fun.

Dizaster really is terrible though, not surprised by the KOTD judges. Probably the same guys that said Charron and that one other fat chud beat Real Deal and Fresco back in the day.
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:51 AM   #105
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Can somebody post the Oprah gif?

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 10-01-2020, 01:43 AM   #106
KBomb
2dope4you

Mentioned: 1553 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
so we're really all just gonna let this go?

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason
KBomb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 01:55 AM   #107
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBomb View Post
so we're really all just gonna let this go?
Watch it again. Diz actually win on 2nd watch
Old 10-01-2020, 02:10 AM   #108
KBomb
2dope4you

Mentioned: 1553 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
Quote:
i havent actually seen the battle im just here to stir the pot

foreman paid me too

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason
KBomb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:47 AM   #109
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Crazy debatable honestly.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Old 10-06-2020, 10:03 PM   #110
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2915 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Quote:
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 02:16 AM   #111
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
If I wanted to hear from an asshole I'd fart
Old 10-08-2020, 10:44 AM   #112
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
Where can I watch the battle?

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 10-08-2020, 01:38 PM   #113
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
lol if dizasters material in this battle isn't strong enough on the first watch its not gonna improve over time. his first round he spit a normal dizaster round, and the next two he just threw shit together and ended his rounds awkwardly like he forgot his material.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

current top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, pat stay, loaded lux, geechi gotti
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 03:31 PM   #114
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeping dogs View Post
lol if dizasters material in this battle isn't strong enough on the first watch its not gonna improve over time.
There are plenty of examples of other people discussing how material ages either good or bad and how different things are caught later down the line. Your comment is out of step with reality
Old 10-08-2020, 03:32 PM   #115
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Where can I watch the battle?
One way is by signing up for the KOTD Twitch.. if you are a prime member it is 2.99$ a month or something like that
Old 10-09-2020, 12:27 AM   #116
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
There are plenty of examples of other people discussing how material ages either good or bad and how different things are caught later down the line. Your comment is out of step with reality
haha that is absolutely not the case with dizaster's material this battle.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

current top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, pat stay, loaded lux, geechi gotti
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 01:50 PM   #117
griminey

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
griminey is not the worst person
Quote:
One way is by signing up for the KOTD Twitch.. if you are a prime member it is 2.99$ a month or something like that
Is this how all kotd battles will be from now on? I haven't really been watching much battles for the last year or so but i still try to keep up with what's going on in the scene. If the only way for me to watch battles from now on is to pay for either a caffeine or twitch membership i for real might just stop pay attention to battle rap all together cause i do not care enough to even pay a couple of dollars, things have become that boring

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
griminey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 03:14 PM   #118
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
i'm weird because i would rather spend $50 on a PPV than pay $9 a month for the URL app. $2.99 isnt bad but i hate monthly billing and im not really a fan of KOTD... tho ICE vs ty law was a battle i wanted to see along with diz vs frak because of the controversy.

im like 50/50 on it.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 10-12-2020, 12:09 AM   #119
Emancee

Quote:
i'm weird because i would rather spend $50 on a PPV than pay $9 a month for the URL app. $2.99 isnt bad but i hate monthly billing and im not really a fan of KOTD... tho ICE vs ty law was a battle i wanted to see along with diz vs frak because of the controversy.

im like 50/50 on it.
You can skip Diz vs. Frak. Except for the controversy and Frak's big moment that you can probably see, it was a pretty weak battle.

ICE vs. dope though.
Old 10-12-2020, 12:16 AM   #120
Emancee

Quote:

im like 50/50 on it.
I also checked the page, because I was kinda interested in watching some of these, but the page says:

Quote:
Benefits
Ad-free viewing on KingOfTheDot's channel (with limited exceptions).
Chat during Subscriber-Only Mode and not affected by chat slow mode.
Watch Subscriber Streams (access depends on Subscription Tier).
Instantly unlock your first Sub Badge and show your support.
Hmmm... seems a little vague on whether you can rewatch or not

Tags
128074, 128514, 128517, 8217, 8220, 8221