Old 03-25-2014, 03:10 AM   #41
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness Lee View Post
lol nigga lil durk cant spit his shit live as clean as it is in the studio

macs video's are not sped up
ill find the time later but the black and yellow shit def had some weird punch in sped up shit.
irvsykeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:27 AM   #42
3xthoroughb
Crakk Nicholson

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
3xthoroughb is not the worst person
ive always appreciated mac for many things and cringed at others , the first being when i get his first album as a 13 year old or so and there was a make out song and beer pong song

this was a good look for battling...i guess...to see one of our own on this stage...
but i had to cringe more then a few times watching this

here i am catching emotions saurus

jason bateman 1-0 "good things his ears are covered"

good job tho mac keep it up as long as you can

ps someone still or gif that thumbs up at the end for me thank you

http://crakknicholson.com/
3xthoroughb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:31 AM   #43
3xthoroughb
Crakk Nicholson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Can't speak for anyone else, but imo, he's a corny, race-baiting, fraud. He's a flat-out hack, and he's trying to make a living off of appropriating black culture.

I know ur all about positivity now, but it's tough for some people to be positive about someone trying to gain fame & fortune in such a sleezy way.
6000 i ride with you a lot and youre entitled to your opinion, but to be appropriating black culture hed have to be singing the blues in the 30s or twerking several years ago

Old 03-25-2014, 03:32 AM   #44
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
for the most part he came off as intelligent and humble in the interview and did well enough in the performance to impress a group of people that didnt care about him beforehand

the thing about rapping in his son's ear to put him to sleep that he had to mention multiple times was pretty fucking awkward and probably one of those weird untrue stories he likes to tell every now and then
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:34 AM   #45
3xthoroughb
Crakk Nicholson

hip hop was just as much hispanic as it was black and it was more about an underprivileged minority, in the true definition of that word, expressing themselves through something unique

Old 03-25-2014, 03:35 AM   #46
3xthoroughb
Crakk Nicholson

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
for the most part he came off as intelligent and humble in the interview and did well enough in the performance to impress a group of people that didnt care about him beforehand

the thing about rapping in his son's ear to put him to sleep that he had to mention multiple times was pretty fucking awkward and probably one of those weird untrue stories he likes to tell every now and then
yea

yinz act like they didn't film this shit multiple times

HATE HATE HATE

macs nice on some levels and its antithesis on others its so bizarre
sorta like charron

Old 03-25-2014, 04:30 AM   #47
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
corn.

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:37 AM   #48
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 563 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xthoroughb View Post
6000 i ride with you a lot and youre entitled to your opinion, but to be appropriating black culture hed have to be singing the blues in the 30s or twerking several years ago
Ur right, iah.. That was a strong term, and maybe a bit inaccurate

*edit, everything else I said was pretty on point tho

Last edited by 6000GP; 03-25-2014 at 04:42 AM.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:10 AM   #49
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
I wonder if he got another segment after that? I mean to just have him there for fast rapping on youtube seems like a waste of an appearance with the success of texts from bennett and the subsequent tv deal with fx for it.
@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:20 AM   #50
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
good for him. holler

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:24 AM   #51
Ness Lee
VIP

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
ill find the time later but the black and yellow shit def had some weird punch in sped up shit.
oh i can guarantee you every bit of it is punched in. its not sped up at all though
Ness Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:37 AM   #52
igotmy9milli

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
igotmy9milli is a PY Poster
That was dope. Seems like a good guy.

Keep the gun cock, represent one block 139 nigga, the Danger Zone. We quick to put a bullet in a stranger's dome.

Ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead.
igotmy9milli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:52 AM   #53
Erexacthmm

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Erexacthmm is a PY Poster
He's a published author, has multiple viral videos, has been tweeted about by celebs. Is a crappy rapper, and much of what he does is gimmicky. Has a good hustle going on if you ask me.
Erexacthmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:22 AM   #54
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
always been a pretty big Mac NON_FAN but that shit was actually really dope for what it was
he made the most of the opportunity I mean
Neanderthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:56 PM   #55
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
I'm sorry but if you go on Ellen you have to dance your way on the stage
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:59 PM   #56
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Does Mac still make music or is he about the viral hustle.
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:29 PM   #57
sleeping dogs

sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Ur right, iah.. That was a strong term, and maybe a bit inaccurate

*edit, everything else I said was pretty on point tho
i feel u. mac lethal is hella exploitative basically
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:40 PM   #58
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness Lee View Post
oh i can guarantee you every bit of it is punched in. its not sped up at all though
how can u guarantee that? just by listening?
irvsykeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:17 PM   #59
Ness Lee
VIP

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
how can u guarantee that? just by listening?
yup. its only one way to get perfect takes of these kind of verses without cheating.
Ness Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:29 PM   #60
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2895 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
@6000GP is owning this thread.

As for Mac Lethal, cool, he's getting success. He puts in his time. He sacrifices integrity to get views and attention, and I get that's what a lot of people need to do to make it in the entertainment industry. It's no different than what people do when they write stuff like The Big Bang Theory, or what Upworthy does to generate clicks. Pandering to the masses in the dumbest possible ways in the internet generation.

So, cool. Good for him? I don't know the dude, and I don't enjoy any of the content he's creating. I'm not angry, but it does say a lot about culture (or possibly the internet) that a white dude from Kansas succeeds with that song when I'm sure Gift of Gab made less off Alphabet Aerobics than Mac Lethal has off of just Youtube royalties for his alphabet shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:18 PM   #61
Cire
Little Village, Chicago.

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Cire is a PY Poster
ehhh

he's one of "you guys" so I can see why people will defend em....

and I dont know exactly how you can "sell out" being an underground rapper but this is about as close as you can get..

it's fucking Ellen for gods sake....I guess it's a good look just because it's on national television, Sure, but get off that "its a good look for the scene, yall should be proud" shit..

he's doing it for self promo, because any self respecting underground hiphop artist would not go on fucking Ellen.....Nor would they bait for views as hard as he does.

I'm sure he's eating well though. so good for him.

but nah.
Cire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:32 PM   #62
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
if he wasn't successful nobody would care what he does
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:54 PM   #63
DennisKincaid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
DennisKincaid is a PY Poster
I thought you guys were some rap fans. I dont care what a look it was, big upping Ellen? Bring the trolls back
DennisKincaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:24 PM   #64
Sandwiches

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Sandwiches is a PY Poster
Pretty amazing that the guy who said "BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP...Faggot" was just on a TV show hosted by a lesbian.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:33 PM   #65
Sven_E

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Sven_E is a PY Poster
100 bulletz posted something about thins on Facebook and @Nick H. kinda going in.
Sven_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:39 PM   #66
Seanzo
We in here

Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
if he wasn't successful nobody would care what he does
yeah, but he's not doing shit like this for any other reason than to be successful. It's pandering crap.
Quote:
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:

Old 03-25-2014, 09:14 PM   #67
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
yeah, but he's not doing shit like this for any other reason than to be successful. It's pandering crap.
first of all, isn't that basically the majority of what hip hop culture promotes? success for the sake of success? Is every rapper or musician in 2014 expected to be doing it because it's what they "love" without any kind of compromise or just like maybe saying "hey rather than making music that I like, I'll use my talents to try to make things that other people will like". What about if you did that for 15+ years basically living on the road and barely getting by making weird underground rap music and then one day a video you had fun making in your living room went viral overnight? Would you take it down from youtube for not being true to the culture? I know "rap" is "music" and "music" is "art" and "art" is supposed to be from the "heart" or some shit, but how come whenever mac lethal comes up on this forum people start actin like

what is the WORST thing about mac lethal gaining success? is he influencing the world in some kind of bad way? is he scamming his fans in any way?

this isn't like the dude who wrote a million little pieces, and was supposed to have some kind of profound influence on peoples lives only to turn out to have a completely made up story...

dudes been rapping for almost 20 years and the "worst" thing he's done is put out a handful of youtube videos specifically showcasing his ability to rap faster than most people can. you might say the knockout game fake video is the "worst" thing he's done if you think he was trying to pass it off as "real" but I really dont think that was the intention. A small percentage of morons think it's supposed to be real but thats about the same for the DFD kick video. Aside from all of this, that video was put out on the iamOTHER channel which is Pharell's brand, I assume they help produce whatever he puts on their channel or at least approve the content. the bottom line of that video had a message that was a lot more important than the fact of whether or not mac lethal actually got mugged.

i get that mac has a consistently odd aura of something shady going on in a a handful of his viral videos. i think the controversy of "is it real? is it not?" is actually a big mechanism to his success. that being said, he displays a ton of 100% legitimate skills in most of his videos as well. he's also consistently had semi-good messages behind a lot of his material, like the knockout game psa, gays in the NFL, texting and driving, speaking out against fred phelps etc. He consistently has pretty reasonable viewpoints that I would guess a lot of the kind of derps that are on youtube could benefit from hearing.

that's why i think it's silly that people waste their time thinking his success is some kind of social injustice
Old 03-25-2014, 09:59 PM   #68
Destro
Waxy Gordon

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Destro is not the worst person
Wait...so Mac was ACTUALLY on this show, got an overwhelmingly positive response from a room of middle aged white folks who never heard of him...and there's STILL people knocking him?! Y'all are too much. This is a HUGE look for Mac Lethal, whether you guys like him or not
Destro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:09 PM   #69
Seanzo
We in here

@mapleleaf, I hope that wasn't all directed towards me. I had already said this:
"So, cool. Good for him? I don't know the dude, and I don't enjoy any of the content he's creating. I'm not angry, but it does say a lot about culture (or possibly the internet) that a white dude from Kansas succeeds with that song when I'm sure Gift of Gab made less off Alphabet Aerobics than Mac Lethal has off of just Youtube royalties for his alphabet shit."

That's more the point I'm making; it's no worse than any successful content that is complete garbage. It's still garbage, though. Like, congrats to dude for making shitty songs that I don't like? Even the stuff he gives his opinion on isn't enlightening. Woah, he took shots Fred Phelps? That's Upworthy shit, man. It's just stuff for people to pat themselves on the back to. And that Knockout Game stuff was actually more harmful in my opinion than good. Didn't that Knockout Game shit take off just because so many people were talking about it that it became real? What point was he even making? That it's stupid? Naw, that was all self-serving. His message is "I want fans" wrapped inside of "Look, I'm saying the things you hear so much that are so obvious that when I remind you of them you start to associate me with the negation of these ideas." As I said, it's just pandering.

Mind you, these are more cultural issues, how we deal with media, what we consume, and what we encourage. I don't blame Mac Lethal for using these techniques to succeed, and I know that it's all about "playing the game" and trying to make a decent living. Just explaining why it doesn't appeal to me, and why I'm not going to join any band wagon praising him. He's got success doing things I really don't like. I don't know him personally, and so why should I praise him?

Also, I think cultural discussions about why things go viral, what this means, and why there is a lack of general criticism (gotta drop an Upworthy mention here again) towards uninteresting material, are important. I like what @6000GP's talking about here, and it actually hits at bigger questions: why do people succeed with what is their worst material, and that simply panders? Why do we some people accept mac lethal doing this more than Gift of Gab? Why is white rap so successful? I mean, I have thoughts about all of these things, but topics like this can be spring boards into those deeper discussions.

I mean, I'm not even saying Mac Lethal isn't a talented guy--he clearly is--but why is it this is the only thing people will get on board for? Why does he need to do this to succeed?
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Seanzo; 03-25-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:32 PM   #70
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
one round combo gets you seanzo'd

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:03 PM   #71
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
@mapleleaf, I hope that wasn't all directed towards me. I had already said this:
"So, cool. Good for him? I don't know the dude, and I don't enjoy any of the content he's creating. I'm not angry, but it does say a lot about culture (or possibly the internet) that a white dude from Kansas succeeds with that song when I'm sure Gift of Gab made less off Alphabet Aerobics than Mac Lethal has off of just Youtube royalties for his alphabet shit."

That's more the point I'm making; it's no worse than any successful content that is complete garbage. It's still garbage, though. Like, congrats to dude for making shitty songs that I don't like? Even the stuff he gives his opinion on isn't enlightening. Woah, he took shots Fred Phelps? That's Upworthy shit, man. It's just stuff for people to pat themselves on the back to. And that Knockout Game stuff was actually more harmful in my opinion than good. Didn't that Knockout Game shit take off just because so many people were talking about it that it became real? What point was he even making? That it's stupid? Naw, that was all self-serving. His message is "I want fans" wrapped inside of "Look, I'm saying the things you hear so much that are so obvious that when I remind you of them you start to associate me with the negation of these ideas." As I said, it's just pandering.

Mind you, these are more cultural issues, how we deal with media, what we consume, and what we encourage. I don't blame Mac Lethal for using these techniques to succeed, and I know that it's all about "playing the game" and trying to make a decent living. Just explaining why it doesn't appeal to me, and why I'm not going to join any band wagon praising him. He's got success doing things I really don't like. I don't know him personally, and so why should I praise him?

Also, I think cultural discussions about why things go viral, what this means, and why there is a lack of general criticism (gotta drop an Upworthy mention here again) towards uninteresting material, are important. I like what @6000GP's talking about here, and it actually hits at bigger questions: why do people succeed with what is their worst material, and that simply panders? Why do we some people accept mac lethal doing this more than Gift of Gab? Why is white rap so successful? I mean, I have thoughts about all of these things, but topics like this can be spring boards into those deeper discussions.

I mean, I'm not even saying Mac Lethal isn't a talented guy--he clearly is--but why is it this is the only thing people will get on board for? Why does he need to do this to succeed?

^^This in it's entirety

Like I said, "good for him"
Old 03-25-2014, 11:08 PM   #72
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Quote:

I feel what you're saying. I mean,the first half of your post is essentially the same as what my original post said, which is that nobody would really have any beef with mac lethal if his videos weren't popular. It says a lot more about the consumer than the artist in my opinion, but I don't think the level of pandering that he is doing is stooping to any kind of lower level, rather than combining his talents with a new platform to reach viewers. And I wouldn't say any of his content is misrepresenting hip hop culture or causing any kind of harm to anyone to the level that it deserves to be singled out. I don't think alphabet aerobics is a valid comparison either. That song is like 15 years old of course it's not going to have those kind of views. But at 2 million plus if you combine the different videos that have been uploaded it does have a lot more views on youtube than many of mac lethals videos.

it appears to me that you really dislike his videos. I was unaware that you think it's "garbage" lmao. in that case i feel like i shouldnt have wasted the keystrokes. but oh well. someone on the old rm put it pretty well when they said: There's a pretty big gap between making goofy viral video's to draw ears to your very independent music, and compromising your art in an attempt at mainstream success.

i also don't understand the logic behind saying that him speaking out on social issues is being self serving. perhaps thats just a philosophical difference but i could really care less if someone does something to help people if it benefits them. aside from that, mac has been saying shit like that in his music for years, way before Upworthy even existed lmao.

people forget that when GT paired up with 'felony fights' mac lethal took a giant public shit on them, and when he went viral he blasted GT

or they accuse him of selling out when he turned down a quarter million dollar record deal with Sony

he used his money to build a home studio and record and release his album "Irish Goodbye" independently . the album is pretty consistent with his discography and the song Jake + Olive was generally well praised online, although it's prob the worst song on the cd. i just hate sappy shit,. i don't want to assume you didn't listen to his album, but it would be unfair to discuss his "shitty songs that you dont like" without bringing up his actual music releases.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:35 PM   #73
The Kurgan

Mentioned: 289 Post(s)
The Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

This is sort of getting at my problem with Mac Lethal. His viral thirst is often forgivable enough. The vid-titles, double-time obsession, 'lolrandom', wow white rapper!, pancake vids etc are all boxes to tick for youtube success, and that's fine, I can see the fun side.

The reason I dislike him though, is because a lot of his attempts at going viral are filled with hatred, and trying to vilify types of people, or cast himself in the moral highground, or both.

Take the 'drunken rants' for instance, or his (amazingly opportunistic) school shooting rap. Or the staged knockout game vid. In each case, he'll pick a popular hate figure, forge some anecdotal connection to them, and unleash his smug and self righteous fury.

The worst example of this is 'Texts from Bennet', which is just borderline racist. Fabricating a 'wigger' cousin, who 'acts black' to create an object of Mockery for viral success, is undoubtedly just being a massive cunt. It's even worse that the blog (and mac in general) is astonishingly devoid of humour.

It's an approach that works, but it's mean spirited and cynical, and I wish he'd just stick to pancakes instead.

Although I suppose if it's the 'Alphabet rap' that got him on Ellen, fair play, because it's harmless enough.
The Kurgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:49 PM   #74
Seanzo
We in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post

i also don't understand the logic behind saying that him speaking out on social issues is being self serving. perhaps thats just a philosophical difference but i could really care less if someone does something to help people if it benefits them. aside from that, mac has been saying shit like that in his music for years, way before Upworthy even existed lmao.
I'm not saying Mac is mimicking Upworthy. I'm just drawing the comparison between them for their pandering crap. The point I'm making is that he's not speaking out to make a point; he's doing it to sound relatable and to get more fans. Look at the Knockout video. That shit was so cringe worthy. He fabricated that entire situation just to get fans and maintain relevance.

(just addressing this, as the rest doesn't really require much more discussion)
Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-25-2014, 11:51 PM   #75
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem

Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
I find it really pathetic to fault him for using "black culture" as a vehicle to be famous. Wtf does that even mean? So now hiphop is just for black people?

By that logic: Hip Hop is a New York thing and you're all dickriders, so hop off the band wagon and join a Rock n Roll forum. Lame lame lame lame LAME.

The dude is talented and is doing his thing, but it does hold true that if you don't have haters, you're doing it wrong.
Serge T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:57 PM   #76
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge T View Post
I find it really pathetic to fault him for using "black culture" as a vehicle to be famous. Wtf does that even mean? So now hiphop is just for black people?

By that logic: Hip Hop is a New York thing and you're all dickriders, so hop off the band wagon and join a Rock n Roll forum. Lame lame lame lame LAME.

The dude is talented and is doing his thing, but it does hold true that if you don't have haters, you're doing it wrong.
don't hurt'em serge
Old 03-26-2014, 12:05 AM   #77
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kurgan View Post

The reason I dislike him though, is because a lot of his attempts at going viral are filled with hatred, and trying to vilify types of people, or cast himself in the moral highground, or both.

Take the 'drunken rants' for instance, or his (amazingly opportunistic) school shooting rap. Or the staged knockout game vid. In each case, he'll pick a popular hate figure, forge some anecdotal connection to them, and unleash his smug and self righteous fury.

The worst example of this is 'Texts from Bennet', which is just borderline racist. Fabricating a 'wigger' cousin, who 'acts black' to create an object of Mockery for viral success, is undoubtedly just being a massive cunt. It's even worse that the blog (and mac in general) is astonishingly devoid of humour.

It's an approach that works, but it's mean spirited and cynical, and I wish he'd just stick to pancakes instead.
Idk why people keep ignoring these points smh
Old 03-26-2014, 12:06 AM   #78
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge T View Post

I think both u and mapleleaf are still missing the point, and arguing against something that no one is saying
Old 03-26-2014, 12:23 AM   #79
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
this thread disappoints me

if i ever hit it big i aint ever telling u guys becuz a lot of u are jealous ass holes

theres 2 honest opinions to this thread
1) congradulations mac, this is agl
2) i dont care and if its not for me i should stfu

so much reaching here just to try and say the route he took for success was cheap

Gary picked Charmander so I picked Squirtle and kicked his ass. yall gonna hate me for being smart and making the right choice (the one that makes me m ore successfull)
SpecialOh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:26 AM   #80
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem

Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
Quote:
I think both u and mapleleaf are still missing the point, and arguing against something that no one is saying
Quote:
Can't speak for anyone else, but imo, he's a corny, race-baiting, fraud. He's a flat-out hack, and he's trying to make a living off of appropriating black culture.

I know ur all about positivity now, but it's tough for some people to be positive about someone trying to gain fame & fortune in such a sleezy way.
Quote:
Quote:
That is asinine, ridiculous and a horrible accusation. Shame on you for even implying that. You make it sound like he's cooking soul food while wearing a Dashiki in these videos. Out of all the things you can call him out for, you're accusing him of exploiting black culture? Hiphop may have originated from black culture, but it's AMERICAN culture at this point, my friend. Get that through your head, or we can go back to making it just a NY thing, in which case New Yorkers should only be offended and can do without your offended attitude and cheerleading. Thanks but no thanks.

Stop making this a racial thing. You guys make me sick with some of the crap that comes out of your keyboard sometimes.
Serge T is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
illuminati