Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
KOTD is a white nerd league, why try to be dope?

Old 08-13-2014, 07:05 PM   #41
eYe UrN miC TiE SuN
BANNED

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
eYe UrN miC TiE SuN is not the worst person
this gonna make people be on point like a end of a thumbnail.

good stuff
eYe UrN miC TiE SuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #42
ekelon
Banned

Mentioned: 591 Post(s)
ekelon Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokesekelon Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokesekelon Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokes
Imo, this idea will pretty much erase the troll's "he did it for a paycheck" excuse.

Until they find another reason to justify their favorite losing.
ekelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #43
Blaze Won
Gravy Crockett

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Blaze Won is not the worst person
Saddest part is, there shouldn't have to be an incentive. Especially for rappers already getting paid to battle
Old 08-13-2014, 07:15 PM   #44
Paul Robeson
Loe Pesci's Biggest Fan

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Paul Robeson is not the worst person
Are white people gonna be allowed to influence what is considered a "bodybag"?
Top Ten White People: 1. Norman Bethune 2. Vladimir Lenin 3. Abraham Lincoln 4. George Carlin 5. John Brown 6. Frank Thompson 7. Lyudmila Pavlichenko 8. Anna Louise Strong 9. Woody Guthrie 10. Tadeusz Kościuszko
Paul Robeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:17 PM   #45
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Btw, I've been on board with this idea since I first heard it suggested hella long ago

I also made a suggestion a long time ago that I think could incentivize judged battles...

Here's what u need:
A box or container, preferably with a lock on it
A qualified judging panel, agreed to by both battlers
Either a stand for the box, or someone to carry and guard the box

What u do:
Between matches, let the crowd know who's up next, and give them an opportunity to make some kind of donation to the battle. Some people might up in a dollar bill, $5, $10, a coupon, candy, nude pics of their g/f, whatever. The winner of the battle gets the contents of the box.

Why I think this would work:
This is essentially the crowd tipping the battle's winner. Some people who came to see certain matches may be inclined to drop a couple dollars here and there on the battles to kind of raise the stakes, and have a little more personal investment in the outcome, especially if they come into it preferring one battler over the other. Something like this might take some time to get traction, but if it were customary, people would look like assholes not tipping the entertainers. If u come in with say, a $20 tipping budget, then u could spend $5 bucks on 4 different battles. If there's like 200 people at an event, there will be some decent coin for the winners to take home. It will also be interesting to see what battles yield the biggest payouts imo.

I imagine it would be tough to get something like that going tho.
6000GP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:24 PM   #46
stan halen
got the fans waitin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
stan halen is a PY Poster
id imagine most battles wont put anymore effort unless the incentive is significant. but $100 is prob significant to most battlers
stan halen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:38 PM   #47
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Willy Pilgrim is better than Grind Time AustraliaWilly Pilgrim is better than Grind Time Australia
I think you're missing the point. It's obvious that "street" battlers are being exploited to try and make "nerd" battlers look more impressive. Look at Okwerdz. He is absolutely delusional. He thinks he's above battling Bigg K or Danny Myers. Arcane now thinks he's above battling someone like Real Deal. It really has nothing to do with color.
Willy Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:52 PM   #48
Nick H.
on her mind, in her mouth

Mentioned: 471 Post(s)
Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
Send a message via AIM to Nick H.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Btw, I've been on board with this idea since I first heard it suggested hella long ago

I also made a suggestion a long time ago that I think could incentivize judged battles...

Here's what u need:

What u do:
Between matches, let the crowd know who's up next, and give them an opportunity to make some kind of donation to the battle. Some people might up in a dollar bill, $5, $10, a coupon, candy, nude pics of their g/f, whatever. The winner of the battle gets the contents of the box.

This is essentially the crowd tipping the battle's winner. Some people who came to see certain matches may be inclined to drop a couple dollars here and there on the battles to kind of raise the stakes, and have a little more personal investment in the outcome, especially if they come into it preferring one battler over the other. Something like this might take some time to get traction, but if it were customary, people would look like assholes not tipping the entertainers. If u come in with say, a $20 tipping budget, then u could spend $5 bucks on 4 different battles. If there's like 200 people at an event, there will be some decent coin for the winners to take home. It will also be interesting to see what battles yield the biggest payouts imo.

Dope idea actually
Old 08-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #49
Nick H.

Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Pilgrim View Post
I think you're missing the point. It's obvious that "street" battlers are being exploited to try and make "nerd" battlers look more impressive. Look at Okwerdz. He is absolutely delusional. He thinks he's above battling Bigg K or Danny Myers. Arcane now thinks he's above battling someone like Real Deal. It really has nothing to do with color.
There's truth to this in many instances..

Regardless I just want the artists we book to feel inspired to come as good as they can. We been gettin a lotta hate for bookin rappers I'm a fan of who are disappointing the fans and also not trying thus negating the importance of the battle over all. Also it's not exploiting those rappers when they are expanding their fanbases, getting paid well, traveling, networking, hella promotion thru various channels, additional revenue streams thru sponsorship etc.. Rappers always finna have egos weather they deserve to or don't. All artists are sensitive yadigme?
Old 08-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #50
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan halen View Post
id imagine most battles wont put anymore effort unless the incentive is significant. but $100 is prob significant to most battlers
Nah it would be at least 1K if not more..
Old 08-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #51
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Willy Pilgrim is better than Grind Time AustraliaWilly Pilgrim is better than Grind Time Australia
KOTD should be a combination of old GT mainstays Canadians and new talent developed on the Fresh Coast. Instead of putting MC's like Reverse Live Young B Fredo and PoRich on the GZ channel you should be trying to build your own brand instead of poaching popular battlers to try and make your guys look good. Then the opportunity to make crossover events in the future actually makes sense.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #52
3Face
Banned

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
3Face is a PY Poster
seems like a good idea on the surface...

but you know damn well the judges will fuck shit up...

and some people still wont try because they are getting paid so much to just show up anyway...
3Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #53
Nick H.

Depends on the size of the event tho
Old 08-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #54
Megaman13

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Megaman13 is a PY Poster
Quote:

Here's what u need:

What u do:

Genious idea, somebody needs capitalize off this... This could take battle rap to the next level.. For the fans and battlers.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #55
3Face
Banned

3Face is a PY Poster
Quote:
KOTD should be a combination of old GT mainstays Canadians and new talent developed on the Fresh Coast. Instead of putting MC's like Reverse Live Young B Fredo and PoRich on the GZ channel you should be trying to build your own brand instead of poaching popular battlers to try and make your guys look good. Then the opportunity to make crossover events in the future actually makes sense.
no...

they need more blacks...
Old 08-13-2014, 07:59 PM   #56
3Face
Banned

3Face is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman13 View Post
Genious idea
Old 08-13-2014, 07:59 PM   #57
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick H. View Post
There's truth to this in many instances..

Regardless I just want the artists we book to feel inspired to come as good as they can. We been gettin a lotta hate for bookin rappers I'm a fan of who are disappointing the fans and also not trying thus negating the importance of the battle over all. Also it's not exploiting those rappers when they are expanding their fanbases, getting paid well, traveling, networking, hella promotion thru various channels, additional revenue streams thru sponsorship etc.. Rappers always finna have egos weather they deserve to or don't. All artists are sensitive yadigme?
No doubt.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:59 PM   #58
Blaze Won
Gravy Crockett

There should def be a championship Tshirt
Old 08-13-2014, 08:02 PM   #59
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Face View Post
no...

they need more blacks...

Young B is black. Deadman is black. Daylyt is black. There are lots of black people on the fresh coast. Fresh Coast/KOTD (Not Canada) is more of a multicultural demographic than predominately black IMO.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:03 PM   #60
Nick H.

Quote:
But we did build and are continuing to build up deadman, Kg, Danny, rum, dre vishiss, ab hoggish and many more.. And most rappers didn't start in URL ., its not poaching bro its cross promotion and uhh, BOOKING DOPE BATTLES.. I ain't rokkit science my guy
Old 08-13-2014, 08:04 PM   #61
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Mentioned: 507 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:06 PM   #62
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Lebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICE
does this mean I'm on the card for the next fresh coast event?
Lebron Jereurghmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:08 PM   #63
Profess

Mentioned: 244 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

Here's what u need:

What u do:

GP the realest... appreciation thread coming soon.
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:09 PM   #64
Megaman13

Megaman13 is a PY Poster
@Nick H. don't forget that you made rum nitty As well now the boy on Snoops gladior event against Rex, yikes UNO the star maker

Last edited by Megaman13; 08-13-2014 at 08:29 PM.
Megaman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:12 PM   #65
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Quote:
But we did build and are continuing to build up deadman, Kg, Danny, rum, dre vishiss, ab hoggish and many more.. And most rappers didn't start in URL ., its not poaching bro its cross promotion and uhh, BOOKING DOPE BATTLES.. I ain't rokkit science my guy
I know a lot of battlers didn't start on URL but they built their brand with a certain demographic in mind. I think putting battlers that are loyal to your brand on GZ and replacing them with ones that aren't hurts your brand's overall content and identity in the end.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:18 PM   #66
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
GP the realest... appreciation thread coming soon.
Haha, thx man, but plz don't do that lol
6000GP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:20 PM   #67
Nick H.

Our brand's identity from the beginning has ALWAYS been acceptance of all styles and diversity. We have never intended to be pigeonholed as a "joke" or a "street" league. Just a league that creates a top quality platform for great battles.

Other companies and entities have always tries to disparage us and portray us as something that we are not. Ultimately, the resumé speaks for itself
Old 08-13-2014, 08:21 PM   #68
Blaze Won
Gravy Crockett

@Nick H.

I need your thoughts on madd illz triumphant return
Old 08-13-2014, 08:30 PM   #69
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Napkin Ed View Post
Old 08-13-2014, 08:31 PM   #70
Megaman13

Megaman13 is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze Won View Post
@Nick H.

I need your thoughts on madd illz triumphant return
Me too what's your honest thoughts on that lush, & is it worth watxhiń?
Old 08-13-2014, 08:39 PM   #71
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

I remember when MC's like Swave were proud to call themselves GT battlers and genuinely got mad when people would try and make that sound like an insult. You need that type of loyalty from your MC's instead of paying people who's loyalties lay elsewhere.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:47 PM   #72
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Oh yeah and King Fly is a huuuge detriment to your brand. Anyone can do what he does. He might eat sleep and breath KOTD but the way he carries himself as an employee should be an embarrassment to any company.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #73
Nick H.

Ultimately, we just wanna facilitate dope battles. Loyalty is mandatory, but respect trumps all. Mutual respect, cross promotion, business moves that are beneficial to all parties involved and enrich the culture.. Period
Old 08-13-2014, 08:49 PM   #74
Nick H.

KF the man tho, what'd he do?
Old 08-13-2014, 08:49 PM   #75
Blaze Won
Gravy Crockett

Lush you gonna stop ducking me....I don't care if you DO have a Kat dennings avy...you can get net stabbed
Old 08-13-2014, 08:49 PM   #76
Megaman13

Megaman13 is a PY Poster
Lush is not a culture vulture, instead hes a culture giver.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:49 PM   #77
3Face
Banned

3Face is a PY Poster
Quote:
Young B is black. Deadman is black. Daylyt is black. There are lots of black people on the fresh coast. Fresh Coast/KOTD (Not Canada) is more of a multicultural demographic than predominately black IMO.
not enough blacks...
Old 08-13-2014, 08:49 PM   #78
3Face
Banned

3Face is a PY Poster
Quote:
he acts like me...
Old 08-13-2014, 08:51 PM   #79
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Quote:
Using that dudes death to promote KOTD was pretty despicable for one. Shit like that will make you lose supporters in the end. Lots of people won't care but some people still have values.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:51 PM   #80
Joey
??r??n??r??n

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Joey is a PY Poster
why dont u just not book ppl who dont take ur league seriously when u have plenty of guys who would probly battle for free? if u cant make money unless all ur events are filled with url rappers then this idea makes sense it is what it is respect to ur families
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
324, at least diz doesn't choke every battle, diz cries himself to sleep, dizaster 0-3 verb, dizaster 3-0 verb, dizaster is so wack, dont book dizaster, ekelon also cries himself to sleep, ekelon ate absyrds ass, ekelon sucks dicks, ekelon truthin!, freshcoast, gayverb makes diz haters cry, heavenly spirits crouchin!!!, i want to suck on verbs lips, race bait titles>>>, race baiting titles<<, ron jereurghmy tag game x1000, saltines winnin', seasoned saltines, verb choked on live television, verb chokes on everything, verb has a big dick, verb is the greatest human being ever, verb should retire