Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Couldn't think of a fucking subject title

Old 03-17-2016, 10:27 PM   #41
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Diary View Post
do you think someone deserves to make their entire living for reciting manpoems for 20 minutes 5 times a year?
people make a living making weird noises into a webcam
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:32 PM   #42
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokab206 View Post
I don't care what your name is. Only a few are worth paying for.
they dont get money off them being good they get money off them getting views

i dont get why ppl try to put any blame on the battlers. the leagues decide who gets paid wat and guess wat..they aint complaining. they either book u or dont
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:32 PM   #43
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
fans are as greedy as battlers, but greedy is a bad word to use considering they're all mostly regular people motivated by money. the only way they're 'greedy' is if they're supposed to subvert themselves entirely to 'the cultcha.'

there are definitely people willing to support, that's why there continue to be PPVs. the onus is on the battlers to make stuff worth supporting. I don't buy shitty music or shitty t shirts.

everyone nowadays is used to free entertainment and it's not even close to being a symptom of only battle rap fans.

leagues are innately easier to be loyal compared to battlers to because they don't bounce around, stay on the same channel, and control the branding/look of what they do.
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 03-17-2016, 10:35 PM   #44
riffic
RYD ;

also, it'd be great if battlers could live off their craft, but acting like fans not setting them up in a house with a white picket fence is because the fans are greedy is absolutely absurd.

there isn't enough demand for that to happen which isn't the fault of the current fanbase.
Quote:

Last edited by riffic; 03-17-2016 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:45 PM   #45
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
im curious what reverse live gets

he is the least-diva battler ever

u guys know it was just 2010 when kotd was paying shelter travel MAX
usually it was nothing as the platform was the reward
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 11:20 PM   #46
bobbylight

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
bobbylight is not the worst person
I'm poor...but even if I wasn't I probably wouldn't support battlers. Maybe go to a show or an event but I haven't bought music since Napster came out.
bobbylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 03:31 AM   #47
grandgroove

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
im curious what reverse live gets

he is the least-diva battler ever

u guys know it was just 2010 when kotd was paying shelter travel MAX
usually it was nothing as the platform was the reward
You and I are on some kind of weird wavelength with Reverse Live. That's the homie I've never met, right there. I think he gets a choice 40oz and time with friends. Which is awesome.

I recently went back to a couple of KOTD battles from 2009-11. Perspective, indeed.
@SpecialOh is that dude!

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
grandgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 07:12 PM   #48
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Until recently battle rap has been a cheap or free past time to enjoy
Battlers actually now are asking for more for doing less

Before to see money you had to go and actually perform and win. Usually it was a few people a night
If you are doing shows you would never see that money
Battle rap right now should not be seen as an income or even a main source of income. Battle rap should be your side hustle and your promotional tool to whatever your main income is

U need to be hustling it into actual shows
Selling merchandise from your brand Hosting events etc.
Follow Clips Con and Hitman into other forms of entertainment

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:34 PM   #49
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Mentioned: 805 Post(s)
Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresco View Post
I think the biggest thing holding battling back is these hour long battles. If these shits were edited down and you could get through them in 10-15 minutes without all the bullshit it would be much more popular. The average person doesn't have that kind of attention span anymore. if someone started a league with short round times and heavier editing they could make a killing
Less ad revenue for shorter battles though sadly

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
we gon save dat money, white people own niggaz