KOTD - Rap Battle - Rone vs. Caustic (Title Match) l #WD6ix

View Poll Results: Who won?
Rone 50 83.33%
Caustic 10 16.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2016, 06:11 AM   #41
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldjewishman View Post
Watch all of the old KOTD battles from like '07 - 2010 when it was all Canadians battling. The anti-Semitism in those battles was inordinately high. I guess because there aren't many black people in Canada, the position of most hated persona non grata falls to the Jew in the room.
Bizarrely even the poster boy of KOTD and softest guy ever Charron has had multiple anti-semitic rounds.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 06:20 AM   #42
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Caustic was doing fine with the comedy in the first round. Not sure why he didn't stick to that. His problem was that he tried to go deeper and expose Rone, but ultimately he didn't really have much: 'I gave you some material for Youth Oracle' and 'You didn't get paid to do a shitty video with Pat Stay' are hardly likely to dent Rone's career.

Unfortunately both Caustic and Rone had the exact same angle in their third and hearing both of them yelling 'you stole bars from YYY' bars was too much (Halfway through this round I was rolling my eyes at the corniness). This is always a tough angle to take and neither really made it seem anything but conjecture.

Definitely Rone was the more solid in the first two. Much like the way Soul beat Raptor, he set up a trap that Caustic was all too happy to fall into in the first round with the 'Listennnnn to me, Caustic'.

Therefore minus one point from both for the third round. Rone 1: Caustic -1. Rone wins thanks to his slightly better first and infinitely better second round.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:16 PM   #43
idealaedi

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
idealaedi is not the worst person
i feel like the more battle rap grows the more i disagree with the fans. I don't know if it's the seasoned fans i disagree with or the newbies.

But people saying this battle sucked. confuse me. People saying pat stay is trash. confuse me.

This was great, the battle had rapping, delivery, comedy, aggression, "bars", personals, prebuttles, rebuttals, there was a real grudge going into it, you could feel the tension, it was a close battle, nobody got 3-0'd, literally the only thing that takes away from it is Caustic's unsportsmanlike attitude but that doesn't really take away from anything.

This is literally an example of an all around good battle, I think we are just drifting far from what i've always found to be entertaining in battles. Fans are crazy nowadays.
idealaedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:22 PM   #44
Emseed

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emseed is not the worst person
Caustic lost as soon as he came out doing that weird Gjonaj type voice. A lot of his 1st and 2nd round fell flat to me, especially the 'white privilege' bars. Seemed like he had trouble finding something to write about for Rone.

Caustics angle of exposing Rone for using his bars worked in Rones favor for me as well cause Rone had just done the angle about Caustic being a snitch and then Caustic goes and talks about selling bars to Rone which only made him look like more of a snitch

Last edited by Emseed; 09-13-2016 at 12:25 PM.
Emseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:42 PM   #45
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by idealaedi View Post
i feel like the more battle rap grows the more i disagree with the fans. I don't know if it's the seasoned fans i disagree with or the newbies.

But people saying this battle sucked. confuse me. People saying pat stay is trash. confuse me.

This was great, the battle had rapping, delivery, comedy, aggression, "bars", personals, prebuttles, rebuttals, there was a real grudge going into it, you could feel the tension, it was a close battle, nobody got 3-0'd, literally the only thing that takes away from it is Caustic's unsportsmanlike attitude but that doesn't really take away from anything.

This is literally an example of an all around good battle, I think we are just drifting far from what i've always found to be entertaining in battles. Fans are crazy nowadays.
I think fans are just growing tired of these personal 'expose'-fests, especially with an over-trodden topic like Caustic having people write for him (Caustic is actually echoing this anti-exposing sentiment on Twitter, which is hilarious, what with all those pesky battles he's done that strategy in). There's rare cases where the beef is substantial enough that it adds weight to the battle, but with this it kind of felt like personal angles for the sake of personal angles.

It's a pretty enjoyable battle with very noticeable dry spots. I thought Rone's first was fantastic. If he stayed on that "whippin' the drop Regal that's blacker than Don Cheadle" style he'd really have ran away with this more than he already did.
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:50 PM   #46
Emancee

Quote:

First thing you have to learn about forums is that just because a person got a username on a forum doesn't mean they actually know what they are talking about. There are plenty of Talkback-level opinions on here masquerading as seasoned
Old 09-13-2016, 12:57 PM   #47
JonDemarco
I'm Nationwide.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
JonDemarco is not the worst person
KOTD - Rap Battle - Rone vs. Caustic (Title Match) l #WD6ix

Edit: wrong topic
JonDemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:25 PM   #48
ThrillCosby
RealEyesRealizeRealLies

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
ThrillCosby is a PY Poster
Source Beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness Lee View Post
every time i give caustic a compliment i have to preface it with how much i dont fuck with him. that said, his first was crazy. and no i dont think he stole the "aint that about a bitch" line from me. it'd make no sense for him to take a bar from someone he doesnt like. it's a phrase bar. guaranteed dozens of us have had it in the notepad forever

rone is incredible
Peace Ness,

Always love to see you out here on the forums interacting with the fans. Makes a large impact on a small but dedicated group.

Just wondering why you don't fuck with Caustic?

I thought his 1st was his best as well. Tone and delivery are atrocious. So hard to listen to.
ThrillCosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:45 PM   #49
Pause
Certified clown

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Pause is not the worst person
Quote:

take this rep
Pause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:56 PM   #50
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 943 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Union City Caustic could've won this battle. Oakland Caustic just didn't pull it off.
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:00 PM   #51
pityposter
aka ekelon

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
pityposter User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
I had caustic winning all 3 rounds via body bag, pity votes go for rone though for the molesting shit
Old 09-14-2016, 01:54 AM   #52
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
In before Nick Vayne and Pityposter vote for Caustic!
Caustic and @pityposter stay losing!!!
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:25 AM   #53
Emancee

If anyone is on The Saurus' facebook page, he has an interesting post about how he thinks that Caustic won, but doesn't think that he deserves the title as he didn't clearly beat Rone and in order to take the title from the champ you have to KO him.

Not sure I agree, but interesting nonetheless.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:43 AM   #54
SBOfficial
RUOfficial?

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
SBOfficial is not the worst person
3 bars into Caustic first and I can't fucking believe this is how he prepared for this... pathetic.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:06 AM   #55
track 1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
both of these guys aren't that good at all. i don't know why KOTD still pushes that title match and chain bullshit
track 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 05:16 PM   #56
God of Rap

God of Rap is a PY Poster
Boring battle. Caustic is a very awkward battler, even more than Rone.
God of Rap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 05:59 PM   #57
mulatto mutant

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
If anyone is on The Saurus' facebook page, he has an interesting post about how he thinks that Caustic won, but doesn't think that he deserves the title as he didn't clearly beat Rone and in order to take the title from the champ you have to KO him.

Not sure I agree, but interesting nonetheless.
He had the same argument when illmac lost the chain and it really makes sense. If you can't clearly beat the champ, you're not clearly the champ
Old 09-14-2016, 08:55 PM   #58
sikwidit

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
sikwidit is not the worst person
On ppv I thought Rone got it 3-0. Second watch, I'm undecided. I think the only clear round was Rone winning the 3rd. The first 2 can go either way.
"Your chick's a freak, in other words a LOVELY SINGER" "The only time he SHOP at the GAP is when he LOOK in my MOUTH" "Like I don't get it when I blam it" "I hope your dads leg gets stuck in the EQUATOR of an earthquake""I'm HOT like a FAN" "GET THEM JEANS THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!"
sikwidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:05 PM   #59
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant View Post
He had the same argument when illmac lost the chain and it really makes sense. If you can't clearly beat the champ, you're not clearly the champ
Totally agree with this, tie goes to the champ

This wasn't close tho
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 02:12 AM   #60
Ice Cup
-

Ice Cup is not the worst person
both people in a “title” match barking at people not their opponent or related to the battle cancels out round 2 for Rone, plus Caustic had to have won that regardless, & round 3 for Caustic.

Can’t remember the first round.
Ice Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 02:47 AM   #61
grandgroove

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
I've no idea of any personal stuff or politics surrounding this battle, but it was the most disappointing KOTD headliner battle by incredible leaps and bounds.

It felt like the two battlers originally scheduled to compete dropped out an hour before the battle was to drop, and two members of the crowd were put in as replacements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grandgroove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 05:32 PM   #62
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'

Mentioned: 478 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Rone didn't come close to losing a round imo. Not his best performance, but still a very strategically sound approach, the miniature recreation of Caustic/K was a great piece of satire

Tags
8217, 8220, 8221, wd6ix