Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
WFF CEO on AFR speaking on Lush One

Old 10-23-2016, 05:10 PM   #121
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1181 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick H. View Post
A lot of the hood kids out here feel neglected by the major West Coast platforms and have for a long time. It wasn't so much an issue before because there really wasn't that many people actively pursuing battle rap in the hood like that when GT was rising.. Plus there was The Jungle which was connected to GT at first and kinda served as a buffer.

When a battle like CLUTCH vs YAK gets zero reaction because the crowd literally doesn't get their bars, but that same battle would shake an entire room at a URL PG or LABG event- that's an issue.

There is power in numbers and unity
the entire crowd were members of the LABG league. you weren't even there lush.
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:10 PM   #122
Nick H.
on her mind, in her mouth

Mentioned: 471 Post(s)
Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
Send a message via AIM to Nick H.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Could the Bunker go it's own way now minus KOTD.. and in the process.. become a league that is a mix of the traditional KOTD and URL demographics?
I mean, they COULD but considering how close AVO & PRO work with KOTD I don't see that happening.

I think just incorporating a more diverse talent pool, particularly on the GZ side of things is what I'd like to see happen. The demand to get into that exclusive venue would eventually get so crazy they could even raise the price eventually.

Like there is so much talent regular KOTD fans would gravitate towards if they were taught to understand different approaches to battle rap.. As tastemakers leagues can KOTD (and URL on the inverse) could achieve this if they felt so inclined.

Now I'm not saying I wanna see more BLACK VS WHITE STYLE CLASH noise either .. AT ALL .. Just would like to see the fans appreciating more styles and everyone coming together more.

That's what leaders like me need to do to get shit in motion, discussions like this..

Vlog coming paws (for the bitches)
Old 10-23-2016, 05:11 PM   #123
Profess

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@6000GP insert excellent instead of funny
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:13 PM   #124
iamHBY

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
@iamHBY what do you think about an RBE type league in the west? Or RBE expanding out west and playing a role similar to the one they play on the east there too.
As far as RBE expanding out West, I'm not sure how that would pay off, especially since it seems like Daylyt and Danny pretty much are the only people they've had from out West on their cards. If they can do events out here like they do in NY, I wouldn't mind seeing them expand out West.

As far as an RBE-type league out West, that'd be cool to see, but in regard to the talent pool, I'm not sure how that would work out.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:15 PM   #125
Nick H.

Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
You right I wasn't there that day. Maybe I gotta repeep it.. I just remember being disappointed by it & the crowd being a bit awkward for that one on cam. I might be confused just my opinion, and I've told u things like this before recently.

Please don't take this as a criticism of y'all in ANY way.. Y'all are doing an incredible job. I'm more just making a point that I hope inspires some sort of shift in the current in the aforementioned aspects.,

Again, this is mainly regarding up&comers and not strictly directed at any league. Every league out here needs to start branching out and unifying in different capacities imo
Old 10-23-2016, 05:15 PM   #126
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
I somehow ended up judging that in an unofficial bet between the Bar Code guys and Beazt Gatlin, and yeah, Yak vs. Clutch was mostly just LABG people in the crowd.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:16 PM   #127
Marcus

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Cool sticker, but its curious that you're assuming I'm saying that in jest. Anyway, do you think street includes any backpacker style?
I was thinking about it after my post. And my answer would be no, but there are some exceptions. Its a bit semantic though
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:17 PM   #128
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I somehow ended up judging that in an unofficial bet between the Bar Code guys and Beazt Gatlin, and yeah, Yak vs. Clutch was mostly just LABG people in the crowd.
Interesting..
Ppl was sayin otherwise, I really gotta revisit it to be fair.

That was just an example to illustrate the greater point regardless
Old 10-23-2016, 05:20 PM   #129
Profess

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@Nick H. Glad to hear there is a vlog coming soon because I'd like to hear you go into why incorporating a more diverse talent pool is especially important on the GZ side of things. That could really be a key point since it sounds like the goal is bringing more people together and appreciating more styles.

Some other questions I'll pose to you are:

Why is the current KOTD lineup not as diverse as it could be?

How might someone teach different approaches to battle rap to a potentially close minded student?
Old 10-23-2016, 05:20 PM   #130
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1156 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
Hey @AVOCADO if another league u have nothing to do with at all wants to use the bunker, which part would u benefit off like anything to do with what would normally be the leagues income or like a flat venue price and are there perks ie u filming etc?

And no this is not for when I create "Backpack USA" battle league

Last edited by SpecialOh; 10-23-2016 at 05:23 PM.
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:22 PM   #131
Nick H.

Yeah maybe Clutch vs Yak wasn't the best example..

But I did notice the usual bunker KOTD fans on the outskirts of the crowd in this one..

It's actually a way doper battle than I remember
Old 10-23-2016, 05:23 PM   #132
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I was thinking about it after my post. And my answer would be no, but there are some exceptions. Its a bit semantic though
I agree answering that could be a bit semantic. Is it sort of like saying that a father could never learn from a son?
Old 10-23-2016, 05:28 PM   #133
Nick H.

Quote:
@Nick H. Glad to hear there is a vlog coming soon because I'd like to hear you go into why incorporating a more diverse talent pool is especially important on the GZ side of things. That could really be a key point since it sounds like the goal is bringing more people together and appreciating more styles.

Some other questions I'll pose to you are:

How might someone teach different approaches to battle rap to a potentially close minded student?
Word up.

1. Well as far as KOTD in Canada it merely comes down to demographics. In Cali I think it's just a disenfranchisement partially due to the fact that there are so many different scenes and pockets of fans / artists throughout an area that actually has more people than the entire population of Canada. Bringing together the white artists (most of whom aren't even from LA), the Latinos on the EastSide, and the Black artists / fans together can truly create a monopoly similar to how GT had in Cali from 2008-11 .. Except now it would be modernized and run by ppl who really understand how to make it sustainable for the LongWay LongWay
Old 10-23-2016, 05:28 PM   #134
Profess

@iamHBY maybe it would take KOTD diversifying the GZ division and as the pipeline of up and comers expands and RBE type league could be established is the new guard establishes themselves. Sounds like we arent there yet.

The Gully vs Ganik card has taken guys I considered main stage and labeled them GZ.. GZ seems like it's already on the upswing
Old 10-23-2016, 05:29 PM   #135
Marcus

Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
I agree answering that could be a bit semantic. Is it sort of like saying that a father could never learn from a son?
Is this like saying a dog is quite similar to a rabbit?
Old 10-23-2016, 05:29 PM   #136
cooldoctormoney

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
cooldoctormoney is a PY Poster
this thread is so fucking gay.
cooldoctormoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:30 PM   #137
Nick H.

Quote:
@Nick H.

Over time with subtle brainwashing aka media
Old 10-23-2016, 05:31 PM   #138
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Is this like saying a dog is quite similar to a rabbit?
I'm probably lost now.. maybe dog/ wolf works better
Old 10-23-2016, 05:31 PM   #139
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldoctormoney View Post
this thread is so fucking gay.
I would argue but your name is cooldoctormoney and that point trump a my entire argument so, maybe you are actually right.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:32 PM   #140
Profess

Quote:
Over time with subtle brainwashing aka media
Or just grab them by the pussy
Old 10-23-2016, 05:32 PM   #141
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
I think kotd's line up is already pretty diverse, no?
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:34 PM   #142
Nick H.

Quote:
@iamHBY maybe it would take KOTD diversifying the GZ division and as the pipeline of up and comers expands and RBE type league could be established is the new guard establishes themselves. Sounds like we arent there yet.

The Gully vs Ganik card has taken guys I considered main stage and labeled them GZ.. GZ seems like it's already on the upswing
GZ is Fasho on the upswing.. BIG TIME!

But if u look at the marketing they put out for #GullyVsGanik the only parameters for being on either squad I believe is who the rappers were 'discovered' by.. And even if they haven't been on the GZ stage for sometime they are still considered TeamGully because he was the one who initially put them on.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:35 PM   #143
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
To be fair KOTD is probably the most diverse league in the world by far..

I just, really as a fan, wanna see more of the hood scene being in the mix out here on that platform and think it would ultimately be very successful
Old 10-23-2016, 05:35 PM   #144
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
In some ways it is. I'm referring to the Mt Rushmore of KOTD The Saurus, Illmac, Dizaster, and Pat Stay

But contrast that with the issue of diversifying the GZ lane to build a bigger pool so farm leagues like RBE can pop up out west
Old 10-23-2016, 05:37 PM   #145
iamHBY

Quote:
Yeah maybe Clutch vs Yak wasn't the best example..

https://youtu.be/U_uh6mvefsM

But I did notice the usual bunker KOTD fans on the outskirts of the crowd in this one..

It's actually a way doper battle than I remember
It was a solid battle, but outside of this, I also don't really remember the Death Certificate or Bar Code squads really being around for the battles at the rest of that GZ event.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:37 PM   #146
Nick H.

Damn hella slept on wtf ??
http://rmbva.com/showthread.php/www....ad.php?t=25500
Old 10-23-2016, 05:38 PM   #147
SpecialOh

SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
Quote:
To be fair KOTD is probably the most diverse league in the world by far..

I just, really as a fan, wanna see more of the hood scene being in the mix out here on that platform and think it would ultimately be very successful
obv not im not talking gz lvl n thats a problem

but if u look at avos card its probly the first from kotd in quite a few years that have top tier battlers, but its not the handful that they re-use to battle each other

to me, there was obviously some sort of an attempt there for improvement and people seem to really dig it. even i pmd avo with props on that one and im gonna be kinda honest, hes not my favorite person
Old 10-23-2016, 05:38 PM   #148
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2898 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
A lot of the hood kids out here feel neglected by the major West Coast platforms and have for a long time. It wasn't so much an issue before because there really wasn't that many people actively pursuing battle rap in the hood like that when GT was rising.. Plus there was The Jungle which was connected to GT at first and kinda served as a buffer.

When a battle like CLUTCH vs YAK gets zero reaction because the crowd literally doesn't get their bars, but that same battle would shake an entire room at a URL PG or LABG event- that's an issue.

There is power in numbers and unity
Weren't you involved working with KOTD from about 2012 until last year? When you say "feel neglected by the major West Coast platforms (though, tbh, we all know who you're speaking about) and have for a long time", are you just saying "the time I haven't been involved"? A lot of street battlers have been asked to be on bunker cards and have not taken up the opportunity because of past experiences.

Also, this card has Magic vs ENess, Cyssero vs Cali Smoov, Rosenberg Raw, QP...is this really not a great card showing diversity?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:38 PM   #149
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
It was a solid battle, but outside of this, I also don't really remember the Death Certificate or Bar Code squads really being around for the battles at the rest of that GZ event.
And that's part of the problem as well, but on the inverse side .. Just having ppl feeling comfortable and supporting things outside their demographic helps us all grow .. I never was successful by exvluding ppl weather intentionally or not
Old 10-23-2016, 05:41 PM   #150
Marcus

Quote:
I'm probably lost now.. maybe dog/ wolf works better
Ye I was missed the connection between the point and the father Son remark. So I thought i'd distract you with a seemingly non-similar similarity.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:43 PM   #151
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
This shit is corny

Stirring the pot

I don't think the upcoming Cali card could be anymore diverse

Complaining about there not being enough 'hood shit' and guy has a card with Ness, Magic, Cyssero, Froze happening around the corner from him

You want diversity? Reverse Live vs Rosenberg Raw....

Even Cali Smoov got put on..
Old 10-23-2016, 05:44 PM   #152
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
Weren't you involved working with KOTD from about 2012 until last year? When you say "feel neglected by the major West Coast platforms (though, tbh, we all know who you're speaking about) and have for a long time", are you just saying "the time I haven't been involved"? A lot of street battlers have been asked to be on bunker cards and have not taken up the opportunity because of past experiences.

Also, this card has Magic vs ENess, Cyssero vs Cali Smoov, Rosenberg Raw, QP...is this really not a great card showing diversity?
Once again, I am mainly speaking on GZ out here.. And incorporating more local, LA based talent (out of all the artists you mentioned only one is from LA)

And no, this was still an issue when I helped run KOTD West (2012-14) as well. It's just gotten worse since then. A lot of the reasons are just the general racial tension and dynamics of the streets which have greatly intensified since then. We can't change the world but we can try to change our scene for the better.

KOTD is not to blame or doing anything like that intentionally.. Neither are the PG kids etc.. But it's a palpable phenomenon often discussed out here and it needs to be stopped
Old 10-23-2016, 05:44 PM   #153
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge View Post
This shit is corny

Stirring the pot

Complaining about there not being enough 'hood shit' and guy has a card with Ness, Magic, Cyssero, Froze happening around the corner from him

U ain't reading my posts in their entirety
Old 10-23-2016, 05:45 PM   #154
SpecialOh

conversation is not corny man
Old 10-23-2016, 05:45 PM   #155
Nick H.

At all
Old 10-23-2016, 05:45 PM   #156
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge View Post
This shit is corny

Stirring the pot

That Bunker card on Saturday might be the most diverse card I've seen in awhile, as far as having a little bit of everything.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:46 PM   #157
Profess

@Marcus like son comes from father like backpack comes from street. That makes sense if you meant originally that backpack has street elements but not the reverse.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:46 PM   #158
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
U ain't reading my posts in their entirety
where esem from?

where urban from?
Old 10-23-2016, 05:47 PM   #159
Nick H.

As far as RBE etc coming out to Cali.. I mean, it could be very dope although I feel like AHAT & LABG kinda service that same need.. Anyone COULD throw a dope event in Cali.. So far in the past few years only KOTD & now URL afew times have done it.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:47 PM   #160
SpecialOh

Quote:
Once again, I am mainly speaking on GZ out here.. And incorporating more local, LA based talent (out of all the artists you mentioned only one is from LA)

And no, this was still an issue when I helped run KOTD West (2012-14) as well. It's just gotten worse since then. A lot of the reasons are just the general racial tension and dynamics of the streets which have greatly intensified since then. We can't change the world but we can try to change our scene for the better.

KOTD is not to blame or doing anything like that intentionally.. Neither are the PG kids etc.. But it's a palpable phenomenon often discussed out here and it needs to be stopped
u make it an LA thing man..KOTD is not good with building talent period. im not even gonna pretend like i know the 1 exact reason but they arent good at that and never have been since they started booking mostly other talent

im not saying its cuz they started booking mostly GT and then URL guys but thats abouts the time they completely stopped being able to build a single person from the bottom up

Tags
gullyvsganik