Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Random Funny stories from events you were at ???

Old 04-13-2017, 02:50 PM   #1
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Random Funny stories from events you were at ???

i've heard some really funny random stories from people that were at events.

Do you got any good ones???

I'll start us off:

I was at the DF Atl event where Ness Lee battles E Ness, and DNA didn't make it to battle Troy brown, so they tried to have this Skype battle on this huge projector. It was so odd to see this 15 foot tall DNA head glitching and screaming freestyles at you, kinda looked like the wizard of Oz. once DNA started rapping it seemed like a fire drill, everyone evacuated the building in the most efficient way possible.

I was at a No Coast event where Franco was battling Issac Knox. Before the battle Franco did a few song set. During the battle every just expected Franco to do some crazy freestyle because that's what he's known for, but instead he just starts rapping accapella the same exact song he just performed 5 min.'s before. he was really into it too, I don't know if he thought we wouldn't notice or what.
mike rigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:54 PM   #2
LukeWaltonisGoat

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
@mulatto mutant coughs*
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 03:06 PM   #3
Prelec
Battlerapper

Mentioned: 715 Post(s)
Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
Damn I was at the Dont flop amsterdam event and I was talking to pedro but dude was totally wasted and he wanted to buy cocaine from me pretty funny

I'm sure there more things that happened at other events but I cann't really recall
Old 04-13-2017, 03:13 PM   #4
iamHBY

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
At KOTD Takeover (the event with Dizaster vs. Cortez), the air conditioning broke right before the event, and it got so hot in there, we were reduced to having to use paper pizza plates for fans to cool down, because otherwise it was a sauna (I'm surprised no one had a heat stroke as far as I know).

At V2R, Method Man showed up solo, and after Day/Chilla took pics with literally everybody in the building.

Last edited by iamHBY; 04-13-2017 at 07:28 PM.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:56 PM   #5
Feral Linguist

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
At KOTD Takeover (the event with Dizaster vs. Cortez), the air conditioning broke right before the event, and it got so hot in there, we were reduced to having to use paper pizza plates for plates to cool down, because otherwise it was a sauna (I'm surprised no one had a heat stroke as far as I know).

At V2R, Method Man showed up solo, and after Day/Chilla took pics with literally everybody in the building.
Paper pizza plates for plates
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:16 PM   #6
god level

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
I was at a No Coast event where Franco was battling Issac Knox. Before the battle Franco did a few song set. During the battle every just expected Franco to do some crazy freestyle because that's what he's known for, but instead he just starts rapping accapella the same exact song he just performed 5 min.'s before. he was really into it too, I don't know if he thought we wouldn't notice or what.
This is the shit the fans need to know frfr
god level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:20 PM   #7
youdontwannabethatguy
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I went to a KOTR event once got stupidly hammered and missed the last train from london back to the place i live so had to stay at a random bird who went to the events house i was paraletic at this point could barely walk and had no idea any of this happened so woke up a few hours later ina random house i've never been in to a well known KOTR battler (No one on this forum watches KOTR anyways so this means fuck all anyways) Bascially banging this random bird who's house i was at in the same bed i'd just woken up in.

My options were get out of the bed , pretend to be asleep or angle for a threesome

I'll let you decide what happened
Old 04-13-2017, 07:23 PM   #8
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@Casual got the best event stories so far, who can beat him? winner gets called a nutdog by me! let's go!
u a cracked out fatty like butts are
~fever
wwjjddd? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:28 PM   #9
iamHBY

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
Paper pizza plates for plates
I got lost in the alliteration.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:37 PM   #10
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
I have too many stories for one thread. I've about seen it all.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:57 PM   #11
mulatto mutant

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
mulatto mutant is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
I was at the DF Atl event where Ness Lee battles E Ness, and DNA didn't make it to battle Troy brown, so they tried to have this Skype battle on this huge projector. It was so odd to see this 15 foot tall DNA head glitching and screaming freestyles at you, kinda looked like the wizard of Oz. once DNA started rapping it seemed like a fire drill, everyone evacuated the building in the most efficient way possible.
I was at that same event bro, I tried to link up with you guys but my phone died right when I asked where you and a couple other people were

Its a shame cuz you woulda seen me get punked like a lil kid by t top at some point I'll edit the story in here in a second cuz I want everyone to know my pain but I'm out right now
03) Tsu Surf
04) Calicoe
05) B Magic
06) Illmaculate
07) Aye Verb
08) Iron Solomon
09) Tay Roc
10) Fresco
mulatto mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:07 AM   #12
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
first event i went to was vengeance 1 in 2011 in toronto. got there by bus from tbay took 20 hours but it was a big deal cuz arsonal was coming and this was at a point url ppl crossing over was new so it was a dope time imo and it was during the 2 on 2 GZ tournament so this event had tournament matches which i was really into and also regular matches. i met a drunk fan who started bringing me around introducing me to battle rappers he didnt know and i knew none so that was cool.

loe pesci interupted every battle yelling from back..annoyin

didnt get to meet jack shitt but im a big fan

event ends and i go to the bus station with my brother and i got nothin to smoke so i go outside to get some air and i see him so im like yooo wutup jack! he comes up and tell me he was trying to have a lil smoke behind the bus station in a dark alley but there were some dudes and a car with its lights on that scared him... this was funny af at the time and he asks me if i was willing to accompany him and i did

was sketch as fuck and im even smaller than jack but it was cool talking battles with a guy who was in my top 5 at the time (yes sad) in a scary spot (for me).

right after the event ended and before this I was walking down one of the main streets in toronto for first time and im from a small-ish town so i was just taking the big streets in and i saw my first "gang members" in person and i couldnt stop laughing. i walked by a corner with a group of 10 guys dressed in all red with bandanas and shit and they looked gangsta so im like okay heres the bloods (i was wearing blue but i smiled and said hi lol)

2 blocks over not even a 2 minute walk the next corner has 10 guys dressed in all fucking blue..blue bandanas and everything ...on my way back to the hotel i said "im wit u guys" to the guys dressed in blue and then said "im wit u guys" and winked to the guys dressed in red lmao...no response just mean stare

i thought this was fucking hilarious these "enemies" just chillen steps away from each other and just thinking of gang culture in general and how these guys were acting made me laugh and realize i have huge misconceptions prob not funny but funny to me

Last edited by SpecialOh; 04-14-2017 at 12:11 AM.
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:01 AM   #13
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
I went to a battle event in Pittsburgh where Anymal battled K Shine and RD battled Spee Dolla
When we arrived RD was at the door greeting all the attendees and introducing himself as Trevor as he would shake your hand (which was mad cool of him)
I presumed that he felt he was probably responsible for most of the crowd coming as he has recently had the Magic battle and this card was originally marketed to have something to do with Url (which ended up not to be the case)

A little later, right before the Shine and Anymal battle, I went into the bathroom and Shine was in there and he was puking in the stall while his homeboy was pep talkin him, as I turned around to leave Shine finished and came out and told his man "I'm fine son, but we shoulda never ate da shit" his man mumbles somethin like "shoulda not drank all dat..."-about 15 mins later he goes up and bodies Anymal flawlessly

After all the battles are over a lot of people are smoking outside and having small cyphers out there but I go to the bar to get a drink and I look up and Rex is standing next to me and he says whats up and daps me up like we know each other.
Following suit I ask "what you got coming up next?" he answers "Aye Verb" at the same time as I'm saying "besides Verb at Summer Madness," he answers me saying "I got some shit coming up in Colorado"-the nerd I am says what the Mr. Xtra shit?" not knowing what I'm talking about he says "nah its some handicapped type cat who be rappin and while rappin just will do iike"and he makes like a retarded hand and siezure-like motion.
A couple weeks later Xtra announces T-Rex vs Detour
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:00 AM   #14
Marcus

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
Got druuuuuuuuuuuuunk af at battle of the braves (pat v Hollow 1) and pat stay bought me a cheeseburger
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:48 AM   #15
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I brought a dildo to nome9 and threw it on stage landed on suges jordans

Rip ux9

Last edited by RickyProehl; 04-14-2017 at 03:53 AM.
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:05 AM   #16
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Got druuuuuuuuuuuuunk af at battle of the braves (pat v Hollow 1) and pat stay bought me a cheeseburger
that's dope, that makes me like Pat even more.
mike rigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:20 AM   #17
RyMo
Contributor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
RyMo is not the worst person
Don't Flop 8BW was partly sponsored by Crep Protect, who are a trainer cleaning brand, and on the Sunday Eurgh handed out a free bag of shoe wipes to every fan, Math Hoffa took some, opened the packet and started using them to wipe his hands.

Got a load more if I can be bothered to think
RyMo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 04:53 PM   #18
GMajor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
GMajor is better than Grind Time AustraliaGMajor is better than Grind Time AustraliaGMajor is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyMo View Post
Don't Flop 8BW was partly sponsored by Crep Protect, who are a trainer cleaning brand, and on the Sunday Eurgh handed out a free bag of shoe wipes to every fan, Math Hoffa took some, opened the packet and started using them to wipe his hands.

Got a load more if I can be bothered to think
Saw Reed Dollaz use a tissue to wipe his forehead once??!!?? (Tissues are for your NOSE!!!)

I'm only playin, lol---this one just caught me at the end of the thread. Plz post more. These threads always >>>
GMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:59 PM   #19
titlebomb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
titlebomb is a PY Poster
I went to my first KOTD event. It was the charron vs clips event. I ended up going to the event with a local rapper from my city that I was friends with that happened to be driving charron to the event.

On the drive from Ottawa to Toronto I asked Charron if he could spit his charlie clips bars... One of the first lines he said was the back on point like a stegosaurus... in my head I was thought it super weak but I was a big fan of battle rap in general and I didn't feel like it was my place to say anything seeing how i just met him. He also had the bill cosby DNA line already written which he incorporated like a freestyle.

We ended up in Toronto at the hotel and my buddy asked me if i wanted to meet Pat Stay. 10 mins later Pat's in my hotel room just telling jokes and kicking it. Which was pretty amazing for me considering I was a fan.

The next day we end up meeting up with charron and going to the big mall downtown. I helped charron shop for pants for an hour. Later on in the evening i'm standing in charrons hotel room, he asked everyone to leave so that he could rehearse in peace, I ended up staying in the room with him because I was waiting for my friend to get back and he was the only other person I knew. Well he was rehearsing he was speaking in this really scratchy high pitched voice so all the bars he was spitting sounded like donald duck was rapping them. I stepped on the balcony for a smoke after and I see rone a few floors down in a window rehearsing like crazy. It was pretty comical to watch but also nice to see how much preparation goes into battle rap.

Also not entirely event related... But when Dizaster vs Cassidy took place the first night I asked my rapper friend if he wanted to come over and watch it. I guess at the time Pat Stay was staying in my city so he invited Pat Stay over.

Pat Stay shows up and brings a 24 of beer. During the event Laurie Tarsie was doing the commentaries in between matches. We start talking about how it look like she had gained weight. Pat stay pulls out his phone and puts it on speaker phone and dials Laura Tarsi. She answered the phone and Pat started joking with her how she looks like she put on weight. She hung up the phone on him after calling him an asshole. Laura Tarsi came back on the PPV looking like she was about to drop tears. She stopped doing the commentary after that./
titlebomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
55357, 56862