Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
WATCH: STRICC vs B DOT with GEECHI GOTTI, LI THE MAYOR, ILLMAC and CHASE MOORE

Old 06-29-2017, 04:15 PM   #1
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1178 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
WATCH: STRICC vs B DOT with GEECHI GOTTI, LI THE MAYOR, ILLMAC and CHASE MOORE

AVOCADO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:05 PM   #2
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
crazy battle still got it 2-1 stricc sue me if b dot didn't have that third round he wouldn't have excelled at the rate he did but stricc needs a shot on kotd soon tbh
Old 06-29-2017, 11:18 PM   #3
acidzero
lookin oinkish : ux9

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
acidzero is better than Grind Time Australiaacidzero is better than Grind Time Australia
stricc 2-1. get geechi and li back on here they were good.
acidzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 12:01 AM   #4
GetPaid

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
GetPaid is better than Grind Time AustraliaGetPaid is better than Grind Time Australia
Never watched Stricc before, don't think he won after that third round but he was impressive. There's something about him and Gutta, they can both say some lame stuff (what lost him the battle for me was his third round "roasting session"), but I like that rap-oriented style where they just keep going and not every line has a punchline or wordplay goal, but they all have to follow a decent rhyme structure. Clearly differences between them, Gutta flows better, Stricc knows how to emphasize/de-emphasize words better, but still wondering if thats some sort of Houston style.

If so, I would love to see more Texas battlers, though I recognize that they are in an extremely geographically disadvantageous location given the current battle rap hubs.
GetPaid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:31 AM   #5
Bwdawatt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Bwdawatt is not the worst person
First time I've ever watched B Dot (I know he's been poppin for a minute but I don't watch as many battles as I used to, sue me). All the race shit in the 3rd didn't land for me, and he didn't really come with much else in this battle. Kinda boring. Not really seeing why he's so popular - is it just coz he's really bout that lyfe?
Bwdawatt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:53 AM   #6
grandgroove

grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwdawatt View Post
First time I've ever watched B Dot (I know he's been poppin for a minute but I don't watch as many battles as I used to, sue me). All the race shit in the 3rd didn't land for me, and he didn't really come with much else in this battle. Kinda boring. Not really seeing why he's so popular - is it just coz he's really bout that lyfe?

People get bugged off that dichotomy of the "conscious" stuff he talks about. I have no complaints about that kind of stuff. It's just been on the same entry-level bookshelf of every Kemetic/Asiatic/Vegan headwrap shop since the days of Nuyorican Poets.
grandgroove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:55 PM   #7
GetPaid

GetPaid is better than Grind Time AustraliaGetPaid is better than Grind Time Australia
Gotta say, I watched some more Stricc after that battle, and he's very good. Surprised he hasn't gotten any opportunities on leagues other than LA Battlegroundz, maybe that's by choice?
GetPaid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:16 PM   #8
grandgroove

grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetPaid View Post
Gotta say, I watched some more Stricc after that battle, and he's very good. Surprised he hasn't gotten any opportunities on leagues other than LA Battlegroundz, maybe that's by choice?

I like him, too. Made assumptions about him that can happen in battle rap.

There was some brief interview with him. It sounded like he just prefers to build with LABG. They have a couple of hired guns that are guaranteed to put on a show.
grandgroove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:32 PM   #9
iamHBY

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandgroove View Post
People get bugged off that dichotomy of the "conscious" stuff he talks about. I have no complaints about that kind of stuff. It's just been on the same entry-level bookshelf of every Kemetic/Asiatic/Vegan headwrap shop since the days of Nuyorican Poets.
It's so "woke."
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote