Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
What happened with Diz and KOTD?

Old 12-11-2017, 02:54 AM   #1
MCVeteran

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
MCVeteran is a PY Poster
What happened with Diz and KOTD?

Way too lazy to look it up. Diz spazzing on Twitter last few weeks. Talking way greasy about Organik and KOTD. Someone fill me in.

Gracias.

P.S.

Organik gotta reply to that ish...he looking real sketch right now. ANd who the hell is AVI Rex...if someone talked that much sh1t about me i would be going to jail. THat dude taking it like a hoe.

Why do I feel like this is somehow lush's fault . lol . took that promo money and bout oxy's wit it
MCVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:25 AM   #2
Profess

Mentioned: 244 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Why do you think Lush has something to do with it?

From what I can tell Avi is Ganiks boss and He and Ganik did something that upset Diz. Like that was the straw that broke dizs back. Something to do with licensing the Oxy battle to a Russian TV station. That's just speculation. I'd like to know too because as this diz beef with kotd starts.. Avocado starts filming for URL around the same time. Makes it seem like kotd staff isn't united. Perhaps someone with first hand knowledge will chime in
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:32 AM   #3
MCVeteran

MCVeteran is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Why do you think Lush has something to do with it?

From what I can tell Avi is Ganiks boss and He and Ganik did something that upset Diz. Like that was the straw that broke dizs back. Something to do with licensing the Oxy battle to a Russian TV station. That's just speculation. I'd like to know too because as this diz beef with kotd starts.. Avocado starts filming for URL around the same time. Makes it seem like kotd staff isn't united. Perhaps someone with first hand knowledge will chime in
Just joking about Lush lol. Thats so wack if they really tried to behind diz back and do backdoor deals. The battlers make KOTD...not wise to do them dirty
Old 12-11-2017, 04:15 AM   #4
haatley

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
haatley is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCVeteran View Post
Just joking about Lush lol. Thats so wack if they really tried to behind diz back and do backdoor deals. The battlers make KOTD...not wise to do them dirty
Regardless of what you think, they need to make money in order to continue to book battles for the fans to watch. Diz is an absolute moron. All he is doing is bitching about them but won't say what the real beef is. Just beating around the bush. He is acting like a child. Actually saw him say if it wasnt for him, KOTD would have nothing to do with "Bodied", which was written by a Toronto born, white guy who has known Organik for years and was first KOTD champion.
haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:55 AM   #5
iamHBY

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I'm guessing the main point of contention is literally whatever weird shit involving Aktive that happened during WD7 in L.A.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:15 AM   #6
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
RandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time Australia
Thumbs up

Organic and Diz were having a sleep over and got into a pillow fight. Dizaster of course got way to aggressive and accidently knocked over a 2 liter of Dr Pepper onto the carpet. Organics parents said Diz isnt allowed to come back over anymore and he took the banishment personally.

It's on sight. All of crack city is in a uproar.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:52 AM   #7
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by haatley View Post
Regardless of what you think, they need to make money in order to continue to book battles for the fans to watch. Diz is an absolute moron. All he is doing is bitching about them but won't say what the real beef is. Just beating around the bush. He is acting like a child. Actually saw him say if it wasnt for him, KOTD would have nothing to do with "Bodied", which was written by a Toronto born, white guy who has known Organik for years and was first KOTD champion.
Couldn't agree with this more. Diz needs to come out and say what the actual issue is here or stfu and quit acting like a lil bitch!

And yea so what if they did a deal with some Russian tv network? Surely the footage is property of KOTD and they have the right to do whatever tha fuck they want with it. Diz got his cut and so did Oxxxy. Shit...if anything Diz should be thanking KOTD for giving him a 10million view battle and all this extra exposure from a new audience.
Battlehogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:24 AM   #8
youdontwannabethatguy
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
dizaster is a crybaby nothing needs to have happened tbh he's always bitching about something
Old 12-11-2017, 01:17 PM   #9
FILTH
Jesucio

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
FILTH is not the worst person
Old 12-11-2017, 01:55 PM   #10
corny

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
corny is a PY Poster
diz seems to think that all battle footage belongs to whomever is in that battle, also some of u seem to think that if avocado films an event he should be able to use the footage he shot freely....LMFAO
Old 12-11-2017, 02:57 PM   #11
Robby

Robby is not the worst person
This seems like Diz is overreacting as usual. He seems to think because he and Oxxxy set this battle up on KOTD that in turn they are entitled to all footage and what happens to it. Well we all know thats bullshit. Should have never had it on KOTD if you think thats the case.
Second he goes off about how KOTD has tainted the West Coasts image and this is why they can’t get a URL battle. Which again is bullshit. If they fit the URL style they can definitely get a URL battle. Ex. bigg K geechi gotti, rum nitty etc. Which btw if it wasnt for KOTD picking up the pieces after GT then there would be no west coast right now. It was a mutual benefit for both sides.

Then he goes off about Avo filming for URL and how its no coincidence. Avo has filmed for DF too. He doesnt get involved with politics.

The rewards system doesnt pay the battlers. No shit. How do u expect KOTD to make money when ad revenue is dropping? They are doing what they can to survive.
Robby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:50 PM   #12
Ams

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ams is not the worst person
Diz is megalomaniac.
Just leave him alone.
He is doing big things in Europe now...battling German comediqns and shit.
Ams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:00 PM   #13
erfworm

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
erfworm is better than Grind Time Australiaerfworm is better than Grind Time Australia
Oxxxymiron did that battle for free right? If anyone has the right to complain about KOTD possibly keeping disproportionate amounts of revenue for themselves then its him, after all he is the reason the battle was such a big occasion. But hes not.
erfworm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:03 PM   #14
ICeeZeeI
Oliver ClothesOff

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
ICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time AustraliaICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time Australia
My guess is Diz signed something and he got paid. But this Oxy battle skyrocketed and got mega money from youtube?

Anyways Diz wants more but his contract prob only got him so much now he feels ripped off?

Something like that.

Diz should get knocked out by one of them white boys.
ICeeZeeI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:17 PM   #15
idealaedi

idealaedi is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICeeZeeI View Post
My guess is Diz signed something and he got paid. But this Oxy battle skyrocketed and got mega money from youtube?

Anyways Diz wants more but his contract prob only got him so much now he feels ripped off?

Something like that.

I guarantee this is what happened. Diz signed contract like an idiot and then wanted more than the contract entitled him to.
idealaedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:15 AM   #16
erfworm

erfworm is better than Grind Time Australiaerfworm is better than Grind Time Australia
I think it was something to do with the BINGA BOOM money.

BINGA BOOM!
erfworm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 02:11 AM   #17
corny

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
corny is a PY Poster
is it even confirmed facts that the binga boom or whatever the fuck paid 300k ? sounds a little fucking outrageous to me, sounds like fake news
Old 12-12-2017, 05:25 AM   #18
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICeeZeeI View Post

Something like that.

My thoughts too. We've seen it happen all the time (Shotty/ Mos Prob in the UK for example). My guess is that Organik did the TV deal without even thinking about Diz, but then Diz started bugging when he realized how big the battle was and started asking to renegotiate.

If I were Organik, I would have pointed out the amount of times he got big paid days for utter garbage and this evened it out, lol.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:40 AM   #19
eapoe

eapoe is a PY Poster
If I understand correctly Diz main beef stems from the situation that they gave him a contract right before the show and sort of tried to force him to sign it, saying it was in a hurry and not really saying what was in the contract, not letting him read it.

I guess KOTD knew he would be trying to take a percentage or something and they didn't really wanna do that. Since it's Diz, you'd think KOTD would treat him a little better than that. At the same time, Diz and people need to realize KOTD is a business that of course wanna own the footage. Personally I dont think leagues is making enough from what they provide as it is. Diz also said his main beef is with Avi not Organik. It's an overreaction but I would be a little upsettoo if I was Diz, provided I haven't gotten it wrong.
eapoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:54 AM   #20
JR77

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by haatley View Post
KOTD is gonna be sorry for this situation when Diz becomes a Hollywood Celebrity off the strength of his krazy multi spazzing in Bodied!!!
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:37 PM   #21
youdontwannabethatguy
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
raaaaaandom (shotgun suge voice)

is it me or have the views on that battle seriously stagnated aint cracked 10 mil yet thought it would have with how many views it was getting early on
Old 12-12-2017, 02:33 PM   #22
Dog Debarko
Pupper In Charge

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Dog Debarko is not the worst person

*Press SFX buttons*

CLICK ME ->Dog Debarko Hits The Airhorn
Dog Debarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 02:42 PM   #23
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
raaaaaandom (shotgun suge voice)

is it me or have the views on that battle seriously stagnated aint cracked 10 mil yet thought it would have with how many views it was getting early on
I noticed that too. Thought it would be well over 10 mil by now. But let's be honest here. The battle wasn't really that great. Not a whole lot of replay value there. Oxxxy did his thing I guess, but dude has a horrible flow (in english at least) and Diz is just Diz. I watched it once and probably won't ever watch it again unless I'm really drunk or something.

The whole fallout has been interesting though lol. It's funny to see Diz crying about how great he thinks he is.
Battlehogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:27 PM   #24
Carl Spackler
Cinderella story

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Carl Spackler is better than Grind Time AustraliaCarl Spackler is better than Grind Time Australia
Youtube ads came back right before the before the battle dropped, might have something to do with it..
Carl Spackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:25 AM   #25
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
He and Ganik did something that upset Diz. Like that was the straw that broke dizs back.
Camel referencing an Arab, smh.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:42 PM   #26
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by eapoe View Post
If I understand correctly Diz main beef stems from the situation that they gave him a contract right before the show and sort of tried to force him to sign it, saying it was in a hurry and not really saying what was in the contract, not letting him read it.

I guess KOTD knew he would be trying to take a percentage or something and they didn't really wanna do that. Since it's Diz, you'd think KOTD would treat him a little better than that. At the same time, Diz and people need to realize KOTD is a business that of course wanna own the footage. Personally I dont think leagues is making enough from what they provide as it is. Diz also said his main beef is with Avi not Organik. It's an overreaction but I would be a little upsettoo if I was Diz, provided I haven't gotten it wrong.
This sounds crazy.
KOTD are known to be quite professional in their contract dealings. If this is true it may have been an accident or they were trying to stiff Diz. Battle Truth was saying that Diz only got $9000 from the battle but KOTD made a $million net profit. Maybe it has something to do with that.

Rather than asking for a specific figure, do you think he should have asked for a percentage of the profits?

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChopChoiceBeats
www.facebook.com/ChopChoiceBeats

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. MF Doom
4. Notorious BIG
5. Rick Ross
Assassin Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:52 PM   #27
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin Ben View Post
This sounds crazy.
KOTD are known to be quite professional in their contract dealings. If this is true it may have been an accident or they were trying to stiff Diz. Battle Truth was saying that Diz only got $9000 from the battle but KOTD made a $million net profit. Maybe it has something to do with that.

Rather than asking for a specific figure, do you think he should have asked for a percentage of the profits?
How on earth did they work out one million?!? I find even 100,000 dollars a little unbelievable.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:17 PM   #28
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
How on earth did they work out one million?!? I find even 100,000 dollars a little unbelievable.

Dunno, it does seem exaggerated. However I'm unsure of how Russian business is done. I know Diz had to do alot of shit during the process and I know Organik was HELLA HAPPY throughout that battle. That's all I'm saying...

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChopChoiceBeats
www.facebook.com/ChopChoiceBeats

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. MF Doom
4. Notorious BIG
5. Rick Ross
Assassin Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:19 PM   #29
iamHBY

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin Ben View Post
This sounds crazy.

Never cite Battle Truth for anything, ever again.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 05:03 PM   #30
Paradox

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Paradox is not the worst person
from what ive read

-diz signed no contract
-oxxy battled for free, but was promised part of revenue from stream(didnt get any)
-he didnt get any because they were going to sell footage to some russian place but it feel through
-dizaster got paid a flat fee, and he never knew they were trying to sell it and cut him out of a lot of $$
-they tried to get diz to sign the contract so they could sell the video to russia, and told diz it was for his tax returns. he obviously saw through it all

diz also talks about
-organik blackballing KOTD videos from RUIN YOUR DAY. which we all figured
-organik tried to tell dizaster that the money drake gave him for the DNA battle was the money he was supposed to get from them(but he was already talking to drake)

dont be so quick to hate on diz jump train. Arsonal is backing him up, and Hollohan said this same shit about Organik/KOTD year ago
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 04:54 AM   #31
wreckedangle
@wreckedangle

wreckedangle is not the worst person
i just want to know if everyone's pussies will be ok after all the dust settles????????
whoa
ONLY DUMB NIGGA'S THINK ITS THE SAME PAIR I GOT SO MANY I COULD START A LINE...SLIME
WHOA!!!!
wreckedangle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:54 AM   #32
MCVeteran

MCVeteran is a PY Poster
The thought of rap battle contracts makes me die of laughter. Also..people getting paid to “set up” battles is unreal. Such a waste of money. Not even trying to hate on the People that get paid to do this but WTF do you actually do? How could the battle league not just set this up. What a farce.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:40 AM   #33
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem

Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
Quote:
All of this is assumption and hearsay. If he felt forced into signing something that he didn't get a chance to read, that's on him, but I highly doubt that this is the case.

Quote:
I guess KOTD knew he would be trying to take a percentage or something and they didn't really wanna do that. Since it's Diz, you'd think KOTD would treat him a little better than that. At the same time, Diz and people need to realize KOTD is a business that of course wanna own the footage. Personally I dont think leagues is making enough from what they provide as it is. Diz also said his main beef is with Avi not Organik. It's an overreaction but I would be a little upsettoo if I was Diz, provided I haven't gotten it wrong
Leagues own the footage. Teams own their footage barring licensing rights. MLB can use all footage. Players, however, have no right to those tapes. Wrestlers don't own rights to WWE footage. Anderson Silva doesn't own his footage. Actors don't own movie rights. If you want that, put it into your contract or start your own medium. Drake owns his masters, for example. All of them. From day one.
Serge T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 01:08 AM   #34
Profess

Mentioned: 244 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhotazice View Post
Camel referencing an Arab, smh.
Yeah, I thought it was clever at the time, still do. Even if it is in poor taste. I couldnt resist because it came to me organikly. I was not saving that. And not to tip my own had but in hindsight, I'd be surprised in nobody has said something like that to Diz in a battle b4
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 02:12 AM   #35
justin0

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
justin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICE
more like what happened with organik and diz THIS TIME? since both are faggot ass drama queens who we should just ignore going forward.
justin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 02:34 AM   #36
FILTH
Jesucio

FILTH is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge T View Post
All of this is assumption and hearsay. If he felt forced into signing something that he didn't get a chance to read, that's on him, but I highly doubt that this is the case.

Leagues own the footage. Teams own their footage barring licensing rights. MLB can use all footage. Players, however, have no right to those tapes. Wrestlers don't own rights to WWE footage. Anderson Silva doesn't own his footage. Actors don't own movie rights. If you want that, put it into your contract or start your own medium. Drake owns his masters, for example. All of them. From day one.
Thread could of been closed after that post. Serge 3-0'd that bitch

Tags
8217, 8220, 8221