Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Top 5

Old 10-09-2019, 01:04 AM   #1
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Top 5

K-Shine
Geechi Gotti
Pat Stay
Hollow
Aye Verb

Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:53 AM   #2
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
fuck Hollow what about BILL COLLECTOR?!?
Feral Linguist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:14 AM   #3
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
fuck Hollow what about BILL COLLECTOR?!?
Bill did good vs Hitman
Old 10-09-2019, 09:25 PM   #4
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
fair point

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
(neg me all you want i'm too big to fail now)
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:26 PM   #5
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
alright, i'll bite, why the fuck did you put k-shine here

edit: nvm, i just saw your avi and poster title, carry on i guess

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
(neg me all you want i'm too big to fail now)
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:58 AM   #6
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
alright, i'll bite, why the fuck did you put k-shine here

edit: nvm, i just saw your avi and poster title, carry on i guess
Glad someone took the bait. I put him in there to be intentionally provavacative. Last year the site consensus was that he was top 20. But if we judge top 5 the same way coty awardings are done then it's not far off.

My personal opinion is that Shine performs well and is consistent and on the recent flopped URL eveNt he delivered a solid battle. Furthermore, he acted honerably during his faceoff with Reed Dollars. That said, he apologized for not shaking hands after the battle - not totally sure what that's about--

In other words, coty ranking = a guy that battles regularly are doesn't have clear losses. Not the same as 5 best of all time.

Good point about my avatar-- I selected that not due to Shine being my fav but rather bc he's in "professor shine" character there.. and that is similar to my user name.

I'm still in the process of deciding where I rank Shine. He has def moved up from the 20 slot.. not sure where tho.

Do you think K shine top 5 active is ridiculous? I don't
Old 10-10-2019, 09:27 AM   #7
Emancee

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
I'm still in the process of deciding where I rank Shine. He has def moved up from the 20 slot.. not sure where tho.

Do you think K shine top 5 active is ridiculous? I don't
Depends on how you rank. Lots of guys are consistent without ever really setting the world on fire and Shine is one of those guys to me. When I see Shine's name on the card, I immediately think hmmm that will be pretty good, but I don't think I've ever thought that will be flames.
Nuts like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:57 AM   #8
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Depends on how you rank. Lots of guys are consistent without ever really setting the world on fire and Shine is one of those guys to me. When I see Shine's name on the card, I immediately think hmmm that will be pretty good, but I don't think I've ever thought that will be flames.
Math made an interesting point on his podcast. He said Shine doesn't do personals and that is a plus for him (fuck, I forget the logic) but conversely that leads to no matches that you really want to see him in.. even though you know he will perform well

Edit.. his past grudge matches stemmed from his pre- NWX era
Old 10-10-2019, 12:03 PM   #9
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1474 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
it depends on what you mean by top 5. do you mean top 5 personal favorite battlers or top 5 most relevant/most stock in the scene? my personal top 5 wouldn't have K-Shine, my 'most relevant' top 5 probably would

he's probably in my top 15 though, K-Shine is entertaining as fuck
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:06 PM   #10
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1474 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle

this song deserved such a better video
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:16 PM   #11
iamHBY

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Not sure if I can narrow down a concrete Top 5 right now as far as consistently active names, but I'd say guys like Geechi Gotti and Rum Nitty are definitely there.

With a lot of K-Shine's recent performances, it feels like once I've seen one K-Shine round that I've seen them all, since he seems to mostly just do name flips and as many back to back punches with the set up and punch in the same bar as possible (which leads to his rounds kinda being choppy IMO).
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:24 PM   #12
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Not sure if I can narrow down a concrete Top 5 right now as far as consistently active names, but I'd say guys like Geechi Gotti and Rum Nitty are definitely there.

With a lot of K-Shine's recent performances, it feels like once I've seen one K-Shine round that I've seen them all, since he seems to mostly just do name flips and as many back to back punches with the set up and punch in the same bar as possible (which leads to his rounds kinda being choppy IMO).
good call on Nitty.. I think Trez has potential to step into the top 5 active category
Old 10-10-2019, 04:25 PM   #13
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
it depends on what you mean by top 5. do you mean top 5 personal favorite battlers or top 5 most relevant/most stock in the scene? my personal top 5 wouldn't have K-Shine, my 'most relevant' top 5 probably would

he's probably in my top 15 though, K-Shine is entertaining as fuck
top 5 most relevant/most stock in the scene
Old 10-12-2019, 02:58 PM   #14
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 418 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
k shine is super dangerous. prob the most dangerous guy in battle rap right now not named pat stay

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. geechi gotti
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote