Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Who can legitimately beat Iron at this point?

Old 08-31-2016, 08:17 PM   #1
sikwidit

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
sikwidit is not the worst person
Who can legitimately beat Iron at this point?

He's obviously come back to take battling very seriously and has won his 4 battles since returning all by convincing margins. This dude 3-0d an on point Magic. How many people can say that. He seems pretty unbeatable at the moment. The only person I could think of was maybe Hollow but if you take both of their performances at the same event Iron vs Magic > Hollow vs Pat. I think Iron would go into that match as the favorite. Who do you guys think has a chance to legitimately beat him? And this is coming from someone who never even was really an Iron fan before his last 4 battles. Also we need that Iron vs Saurus in this format. Just has to be done.
"Your chick's a freak, in other words a LOVELY SINGER" "The only time he SHOP at the GAP is when he LOOK in my MOUTH" "Like I don't get it when I blam it" "I hope your dads leg gets stuck in the EQUATOR of an earthquake""I'm HOT like a FAN" "GET THEM JEANS THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!"
sikwidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:17 PM   #2
Casual

Mentioned: 452 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
He 3-0'd magic?

word.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:20 PM   #3
sikwidit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
He 3-0'd magic?

word.
Idk man it's hard for me to even say it. I watched that battle probably 3 times and I think he outclassed Magic every round. And I've been way more of a Magic fan than Irons.
"Your chick's a freak, in other words a LOVELY SINGER" "The only time he SHOP at the GAP is when he LOOK in my MOUTH" "Like I don't get it when I blam it" "I hope your dads leg gets stuck in the EQUATOR of an earthquake""I'm HOT like a FAN" "GET THEM JEANS THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!"
Old 08-31-2016, 08:27 PM   #4
ux9 u so fine

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
ux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australiaux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australia
He did beat magic and clips
#amilyin?, deathtothehebs, #stormfrontiskkkotd, #youknowheistryingtokillhegoodchristainwhitemansup rise, #turnerdiaries, #14/88, #negronazi, #antonlavey #charlesmansonandnicholasshrek, #whitepower
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
Just came in here to say nigger and see if I get banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEEZY View Post
Don't drink n post kids

Last edited by ux9 u so fine; 08-31-2016 at 08:41 PM.
ux9 u so fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:49 PM   #5
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 943 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine View Post
He did beat magic and clips
Not to take anything away from Iron's performances but if you re-do both of those battles on URL I'd expect much more effort from both Clips and Magic.
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:50 PM   #6
Fingers

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Fingers is not the worst person
Iron destroyed Daylyt. He beat Dizaster. That Magic battle was a classic - win for both. He was so much better than Clips.

I think Pat can compete with Iron, on every level. An Arsonal match would be an insta-classic, and a great reward from KOTD for Arsonal on his way out.

And yes Thesaurus deserves that. Thesaurus could be the best possible match considering their styles are similar with different deliveries.

Pat, Arsonal and Thesaurus.

(Hollow would have to be Mass3 - and I ain't trying to wait that long).
Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:51 PM   #7
Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
Not to take anything away from Iron's performances but if you re-do both of those battles on URL I'd expect much more effort from both Clips and Magic.
Magic was in peak form though. Clips is just Clips. Basic and funny.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:18 PM   #8
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 943 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
Magic was in peak form though. Clips is just Clips. Basic and funny.
I don't know how many Magic battles you've watched but that was a C+/B- performance from him. He didn't punch with near the frequency or intensity that he would have done in peak form.
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:21 PM   #9
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
as far as loyal KOTD battlers go, iron vs head ice would be really dope outside of cali and canada. if neither can get a more reasonable opponent for the next massacre, i'd wanna see that battle go down.

but if we're talking about who could beat him, the only names who come to mind are the current best. that speaks volumes about solomon's run regardless of the fact that he could take a loss.

Last edited by peace; 08-31-2016 at 09:38 PM.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:25 PM   #10
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1156 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
i really think thesaurus would kill him in a rematch but i can't really verbalize why i think that?

i honestly laugh out loud when i see ppl say pat would beat him

yea hollow would 3-0 him obv

Last edited by SpecialOh; 08-31-2016 at 09:36 PM.
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:28 PM   #11
Gopher D'Gusto

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I think Hollow would beat him pretty easily tbh. I also think Saurus, Illmac (on his A-game), Bigg K, Pat Stay, Tay Roc, Con, Hitman, Calicoe and Lux could at the very least make it debatable.

Nothing against Iron. He's had an incredible comeback. But he's still very beatable.
Gopher D'Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:28 PM   #12
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
for some reason i think Illmac would destroy him. maybe cause i'm an Illmac stan but i actually tend to have rather realistic expectations of his abilities anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:31 PM   #13
Step Easy
@stepeasy3rdave

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Step Easy is not the worst person
I think he should battle Pat and Cassidy.
Step Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:32 PM   #14
Smrrr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Smrrr is not the worst person
its obvious that Iron and Pat will eventually have to face each other at some point. him or the Saurus will make for great battles
Smrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:44 PM   #15
sikwidit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher D'Gusto View Post
I think Hollow would beat him pretty easily tbh. I also think Saurus, Illmac (on his A-game), Bigg K, Pat Stay, Tay Roc, Con, Hitman, Calicoe and Lux could at the very least make it debatable.

Nothing against Iron. He's had an incredible comeback. But he's still very beatable.
If we're taking an A+ Iron vs an A+ version of all those battlers, the only ones that could maybe stand a chance are Saurus, Illmac, Pat and Lux. Cal, K and Hitman could possibly win in the building but no way they would win on cam. Con and Roc would get washed honestly. Just a different class of writing ability.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:46 PM   #16
sikwidit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
i really think thesaurus would kill him in a rematch but i can't really verbalize why i think that?

i honestly laugh out loud when i see ppl say pat would beat him

yea hollow would 3-0 him obv
I'm really not mad at anyone saying Hollow. That would be a certified classic if they both came on point. But the fact that you say Hollow would 3-0 him obviously with so much certainty just has me confused.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:49 PM   #17
SpecialOh

SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikwidit View Post
I'm really not mad at anyone saying Hollow. That would be a certified classic if they both came on point. But the fact that you say Hollow would 3-0 him obviously with so much certainty just has me confused.
its my opinion obv but im not even exagerating i think hollow would 3-0 him.
i think dude is very solid, top tier and in a lot of current top 10's but hollow's been #1 for a minute

thing is nowadays EVERY battle is 2-1 and its just a cop-out to say the other guy didnt do bad. it wasn't a "body"...ppl need 2 be honest w/themselves

hollow would do better every round and overall is wut im sayin
Old 08-31-2016, 09:51 PM   #18
sikwidit

Quote:
its my opinion obv but im not even exagerating i think hollow would 3-0 him.
i think dude is very solid, top tier and in a lot of current top 10's but hollow's been #1 for a minute

thing is nowadays EVERY battle is 2-1 and its just a cop-out to say the other guy didnt do bad. it wasn't a "body"...ppl need 2 be honest w/themselves

hollow would do better every round and overall is wut im sayin
Quick question. Do you think Hollows performance against Pat was better than Irons vs Magic?
Old 08-31-2016, 09:56 PM   #19
SpecialOh

Quote:
Quick question. Do you think Hollows performance against Pat was better than Irons vs Magic?
no do u
Old 08-31-2016, 09:59 PM   #20
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Hollow would beat Solomon. It's obvious Iron would come with it, but at the top of their games, Hollow is better. But that's taking nothing away from Iron, his return has been sick
Shadowposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:20 PM   #21
sikwidit

Quote:
no do u
I think Iron easily had the better performance of the 2. That's why I kinda feel like Iron would be the favorite if they battled.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:24 PM   #22
Triptych
ɥɔʎʇdıɹ⊥

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Triptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time Australia
Apart from Diz (and what I've heard of the Clips battle so far), his battles since his return are preferences/debatables. Either speaks to how good Day and B-Magic are when they're on or how good Iron is at matching wits and making classics.

Dude's nice, no doubt. Really crafts three coherent and dope rounds and has every characteristic you'd want a battler and performer to have. It's just a matter of 'deserve'. He probably won't battle someone beneath his prominence and anyone calling him out from beneath him is just being wishful. This little list includes people I think could take him.

...truth be told, I liked how Iron stepped up his punchline game against Magic, so I wanna see how he does with someone whose flow is better than his. Iron Solomon vs. @Ness Lee. Set that up. Even though it won't be.

As far as who's logically next for him, a lot of people seem to want that Saurus rematch. I think that'd be another one for debate but with replay value all the same. I think Iron's pen and flow are miles ahead of Hollow's, but Hollow always lands at least one or two freestyles that seem to be enough to sway in his favor. I wanna see Iron vs. Qleen but I don't think they'd have much to really say to each other. Dope anyway.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:30 PM   #23
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 640 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Quote:
He's obviously come back to take battling very seriously and has won his 4 battles since returning all by convincing margins. This dude 3-0d an on point Magic. How many people can say that. He seems pretty unbeatable at the moment. The only person I could think of was maybe Hollow but if you take both of their performances at the same event Iron vs Magic > Hollow vs Pat. I think Iron would go into that match as the favorite. Who do you guys think has a chance to legitimately beat him? And this is coming from someone who never even was really an Iron fan before his last 4 battles. Also we need that Iron vs Saurus in this format. Just has to be done.
Like if SoulKhan returned he'd smoke em.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:48 PM   #24
LukeWaltonisGoat

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Mook 5-0'd him just saying
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:52 PM   #25
sikwidit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
Mook 5-0'd him just saying
Mook got 5-0d by that legion of doom vest. Honestly though anyone that has ever finished that battle, props. But this thread is about his return in the last year.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:55 PM   #26
LukeWaltonisGoat

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Quote:
Mook got 5-0d by that legion of doom vest. Honestly though anyone that has ever finished that battle, props. But this thread is about his return in the last year.
Haha I don't watch that shit but is he really that good off of Kotd? At some point he's gonna have to show us his presence and crowd control before I call the nigga unbeatable
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:12 PM   #27
Fingers

Iron is definitely not invincible. That's ridiculous. But his 4 battle comeback has been the most impressive bunch of battles from anyone recently.

You heard it hear first; Thesaurus vs Iron with 5, 90 second rounds...

...Back to the essence.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:13 PM   #28
Ness Lee
VIP

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
Apart from Diz (and what I've heard of the Clips battle so far), his battles since his return are preferences/debatables. Either speaks to how good Day and B-Magic are when they're on or how good Iron is at matching wits and making classics.

Dude's nice, no doubt. Really crafts three coherent and dope rounds and has every characteristic you'd want a battler and performer to have. It's just a matter of 'deserve'. He probably won't battle someone beneath his prominence and anyone calling him out from beneath him is just being wishful. This little list includes people I think could take him.

...truth be told, I liked how Iron stepped up his punchline game against Magic, so I wanna see how he does with someone whose flow is better than his. Iron Solomon vs. @Ness Lee. Set that up. Even though it won't be.

As far as who's logically next for him, a lot of people seem to want that Saurus rematch. I think that'd be another one for debate but with replay value all the same. I think Iron's pen and flow are miles ahead of Hollow's, but Hollow always lands at least one or two freestyles that seem to be enough to sway in his favor. I wanna see Iron vs. Qleen but I don't think they'd have much to really say to each other. Dope anyway.
one can only wish
Ness Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:21 PM   #29
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Quote:
I feel you, but personally not a fan of hypothetical scenarios... You right it wasn't a top tier B-Magic showing, but he didn't have one in his last handful of battles, and doesn't seem to care about the "Only URL shit counts".... Love B-Magic as much as anybody, but punchline heavy cats, without stage performance, usually have short stays to fickle fans.... Magic was in most cats top 3 on here, to now almost being an afterthought...

Personally think Iron would still lose to more aggressive cats in URL, despite how polished he is... But don't think Magic was one of them to pull it off... all opinions though...
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:24 PM   #30
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
the saurus could take him to his limits and i'm sure head ice could push him to at least a 2-1 debatable

but if we bein srs

arsonal, because if my calculations are correct...

da rebel neva lawst!!!

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:31 PM   #31
ux9 u so fine

ux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australiaux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Iron did highlight that in his battle vs clips , an effective and true angle

I think a battle is a battle no matter where it is , ESPECIALLY when ur opponent is a esteemed as Solomon , so that point is not even worth mentioning jmo

Cuz its not like they were battling madflex on Kotd they were battling fucken Solomon
#amilyin?, deathtothehebs, #stormfrontiskkkotd, #youknowheistryingtokillhegoodchristainwhitemansup rise, #turnerdiaries, #14/88, #negronazi, #antonlavey #charlesmansonandnicholasshrek, #whitepower
Quote:
Quote:
Don't drink n post kids
Old 08-31-2016, 11:32 PM   #32
ux9 u so fine

Quote:
Quote:
Don't drink n post kids
Old 08-31-2016, 11:44 PM   #33
Ampersand

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Ampersand is not the worst person
I honestly think it would take someone hungry, maybe someone that seems like a step down . Maybe a Fresco or Ness Lee . Iron is great but something about his cadence can get kind of sing-songy and someone that can write on par and rap better could beat him .
Old 09-01-2016, 12:04 AM   #34
Isaac Knox
VIP

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Isaac Knox is not the worst person
The Saurus, Lux, Hollow, & mayyyybe Pat Stay as far as battlers who would also be on Iron's radar.

I'd enjoy seeing him vs Bender, Illmac, Conceited, or Tony D.

I predict his next battle with be vs Ars, Shotty, Dumbfoundead, or Hitman tho.

EDIT- I'd also make him #1 pick to battle the next industry dude to hop in the ring.

Last edited by Isaac Knox; 09-01-2016 at 12:09 AM.
Isaac Knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:24 AM   #35
Rapsin
Queensbridge Murderer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Rapsin is not the worst person
lol take him out of kotd and thats it.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:10 PM   #36
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump

ThaDiz is not the worst person
Based on his sing song flow if Verb or Lux came with 3 motivated rounds Solomon could get smoked, and Goodz in front of a URL crowd would be an awful stylistic match for him (I know Solomon is miles better technically but that wasn't the question). I gave Daylyt their match too, but other than that I can't think of anyone. Solomon easy top 5 oat.
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:11 PM   #37
SCVTTERBRVIN
Unregistered User

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
SCVTTERBRVIN is not the worst person
You're strictly talking about in KOTD right ?? lol
SCVTTERBRVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:14 PM   #38
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Mentioned: 805 Post(s)
Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
Lots of people.

Keep in mind that he's had a long time off and (at least to my understanding) is picking his opponents.

I think we do this thing alot where we romanticize battlers despite reality. After two performances in eight years (with a choke in one), people were looking at Lux as almost non-human... 3 performances in nine years and we saw the vulnerabilities.

Iron did great versus Day, Diz and Magic - but if we take away the excitement of Iron returning after all these years, were these performances as perfect as we say they are?

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)

Last edited by Luke; 09-02-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:15 PM   #39
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
His writing has been top notch but his performance hasn't matched the E Ness battle imo
He had a lot more variety and aggression back then and he'd need that especially before a URL crowd
He had some flashes vs Diz and Magic though
JR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:41 PM   #40
StayScheming

StayScheming is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
Dude's nice, no doubt. Really crafts three coherent and dope rounds and has every characteristic you'd want a battler and performer to have. It's just a matter of 'deserve'.He probably won't battle someone beneath his prominence and anyone calling him out from beneath him is just being wishful.This little list includes people I think could take him.
Not entirely true. He's gone on record to say that he doesn't want to be one of the bigger names who only takes top tier opponents. So long as the leagues either let him handpick his battles or give him names that he wants, we'll hopefully get some interesting battles.

Anyway, side-note: his mid-round rebuttles are crazy good. He needs to keep doing that.
StayScheming is offline   Reply With Quote