Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
URL Fans be like

Old 07-13-2015, 10:43 PM   #81
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 414 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness Lee View Post
tbh the only reason this league vs league war exists is because of the fans. they created this divide

in reality we all know each other and fuck with each other. we just laugh and watch people make shit up
blame the fans smh

EVERYBODY fucks with u on here, man

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:05 PM   #82
Ness Lee
VIP

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
blame the fans smh

EVERYBODY fucks with u on here, man
if there is a blame to be placed its definitely on the fans. i never understand why people are afraid of the truth. i'm the last person that will deny something to be a battlers fault. but this divide certainly....certainly is not
Ness Lee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:07 PM   #83
eL sparX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
eL sparX is not the worst person
this scene's already small enough, as it is, and this forum is frequented by a big chunk of the core followers... just dont understand why battle rappers think it's a good idea to vent their complaints with the same fans that support them and visit the boards. even if the beef is justified and constructive, when have we (rmbva) gave you the impression that we are reasonable or open to hearing your criticism towards us? the whole risk vs reward possibility just doesnt make it worth it. besides, a lot of battle rappers manipulate reality to their benefit all the time... and it's popularly believed that beef brings views so they further the conflict by not just deading the rivalry bs and putting it to rest in the first place. that being said, im a huge fan of both ness lee's battles and music, shit's banging.
eL sparX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:07 PM   #84
Bosco
TBDMG

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Bosco is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
Kotd fans are just as biased/terrible. This fan war is so lame

Digimon vs pokemon all over
^^^^ yup
Old 07-13-2015, 11:13 PM   #85
eL sparX

i just want to add that i have no problem with ness lee's comments and i actually agree with them... just dont be surprised at the backlash that is sure to follow after airing out those complaints. as long as youre not surprised by people catching feelings, more power to you and continue telling people how you feel. more people should be real and express their genuine beliefs in this world, ot would be a better place.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:23 PM   #86
Rtongsta

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Rtongsta is better than Grind Time AustraliaRtongsta is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
tbh the only reason this league vs league war exists is because of the fans. they created this divide

in reality we all know each other and fuck with each other. we just laugh and watch people make shit up
not true.

URL have said many times they don't like other leagues booking their battlers... examples: (Hitman vs Goodz, DNA vs TRex)

And this isnt just URL-vs-URL ...Norbes has said URL isnt too happy with guys like Danny Myers, Chilla Jones, JC taking X amount of battles in other leagues.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:48 PM   #87
Z-Tay
Banned

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Z-Tay probably likes in here/hair word play
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul View Post
"KOTD are nerds! Battles with URL battler's don't count unless they're on URL"

"KOTD are nerds! They haven't booked any URL battlers"

Soul be like-

"..."

I've never seen any of your battles, so I can't quote you.

Be this is what you probably look like-

Z-Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:49 PM   #88
eL sparX

also, while i do agree that fans make a leage vs league beef bigger than it actually is... to say that doesnt exist is naive. it's easy to say 'league vs league conflict isnt a thing until the fans make it something' but actions speak louder than words, proof is in the pudding. when url rappers go to other leagues there has been a history of them not putting the same effort forward. they think it's a joke league til theyre negotiating payment, nothing funny in the pay they ask for. it works both ways, though... a lot of nom-url guys think categorize them as being 'nothing but gun bars' and relying on performance. i dont care what you rap about... if its dope, its dope; if it's not, it's not. the top battle rappers excel in multiple attributes. if yourevreally, really good at one thing but lack in others youre gonna be visibly flawed. there's a package to this shit

Last edited by eL sparX; 07-14-2015 at 12:03 AM.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:50 PM   #89
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Willy Pilgrim is better than Grind Time AustraliaWilly Pilgrim is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtongsta View Post
not true.

URL have said many times they don't like other leagues booking their battlers... examples: (Hitman vs Goodz, DNA vs TRex)

And this isnt just URL-vs-URL ...Norbes has said URL isnt too happy with guys like Danny Myers, Chilla Jones, JC taking X amount of battles in other leagues.
Willy Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:57 PM   #90
Ness Lee
VIP

Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
not true.

what you are explaining is business and marketing. not a war. the only people who fully understand it are the battlers
Old 07-14-2015, 12:15 AM   #91
Z-Tay
Banned

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Z-Tay probably likes in here/hair word play
Quote:
if there is a blame to be placed its definitely on the fans. i never understand why people are afraid of the truth. i'm the last person that will deny something to be a battlers fault. but this divide certainly....certainly is not
What about all the KOTD battlers who talk shit about URL in their battles, or the scorned URL battlers who air their grievances at KOTD events?

Personally, I don't give a fuck. I enjoy both leagues. But the rappers have definitely fueled the bullshit by going on KOTD to "expose" Smack.
Z-Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 12:16 AM   #92
erfworm

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
erfworm is better than Grind Time Australiaerfworm is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Norbes has said URL isnt too happy with guys like Danny Myers, Chilla Jones, JC taking X amount of battles in other leagues.
Makes sense for Chilla Jones to be in other leagues like KOTD, his style suits them more, probably more appreciated there.
erfworm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 12:43 AM   #93
Rtongsta

Rtongsta is better than Grind Time AustraliaRtongsta is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
what you are explaining is business and marketing. not a war. the only people who fully understand it are the battlers
the leagues are marketing this war. norbes (probably?) doesn't personally have anything against seneca cayson but he sure doesnt like the battles he booked...
Old 07-14-2015, 12:44 AM   #94
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
I didn't read the comments, but who is @Soul anyway? Serious question.
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 12:51 AM   #95
GetPaid

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
GetPaid is better than Grind Time AustraliaGetPaid is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Thanks for actually addressing the things I said as opposed to just talking shit, mischaracterizing my message, or insulting me.
I fuck with you, but you did insult SBOfficial by calling him "not very smart" for seemingly no reason (unless you two have a history). It's possible that contributed, though you usually get met with a decent amount of resistance regardless so who knows.
GetPaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 12:55 AM   #96
Ness Lee
VIP

Quote:
the leagues are marketing this war. norbes (probably?) doesn't personally have anything against seneca cayson but he sure doesnt like the battles he booked...
lets be honest, there is no war between anyone and seneca cayson. seneca cayson doesnt exist. when people speak of league wars its primarily smack and kotd. or "nerd" vs "street"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Tay View Post
What about all the KOTD battlers who talk shit about URL in their battles, or the scorned URL battlers who air their grievances at KOTD events?

Personally, I don't give a fuck. I enjoy both leagues. But the rappers have definitely fueled the bullshit by going on KOTD to "expose" Smack.
also marketing. hell charlie clips "exposed" smack on kotd. same thing as tsu surf and hitman holla "fighting". its all entertainment. the fans ate it up and chose sides and now look crazy when hitman and surf act all buddy buddy

i guess i should rephrase my statement. the fans take the "wars" and "disputes" between battlers and leagues far....far......faaaaar more seriously than the battlers and leagues do. we literally all fuck with each other
Old 07-14-2015, 12:59 AM   #97
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Quote:
Wow there's a throwback name
Old 07-14-2015, 01:00 AM   #98
Lucas
Unplugged

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Lucas probably likes in here/hair word play
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
URL fans be like...

"Soul? Never heard of em."
@ how accurate this is

Spawn
Deadpool
Punisher
Ghost Rider
Hellboy
Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 01:23 AM   #99
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetPaid View Post
I fuck with you, but you did insult SBOfficial by calling him "not very smart" for seemingly no reason (unless you two have a history). It's possible that contributed, though you usually get met with a decent amount of resistance regardless so who knows.
That's only cuz that dude has come at me disrespectfully in the past. I don't insult people for no reason.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 01:29 AM   #100
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
why have leagues become rivals when they can help and build off of each other to produce quality entertainment for all of us?
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 01:30 AM   #101
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
when i think of a battler with soul i think of remyd... too bad he retired. he didnt get the respect he deserved.. that man was like Andre 3000 with a PHD

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Old 07-14-2015, 01:33 AM   #102
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
I didn't read the comments, but who is @Soul anyway? Serious question.
he's a British battler on Don't Flop. as much shit as i give him, he actually has a very good pen game... he's talkin out his ass, though

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Old 07-14-2015, 01:49 AM   #103
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
why have leagues become rivals when they can help and build off of each other to produce quality entertainment for all of us?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas34520 View Post
Okay this URL vs KOTD bullshit has to stop. Both sides are becoming equally as bad. for once can we erase that line and enjoy battle rap or hate it as a collective so that at least these conversations won't be going in circles.
I disagree with both of your ideals of unity. Why shouldn't their be major disagreements? Why should we enjoy it as a collective?

KOTD and URL cater to totally different audiences. Battle-Rap's a macro culture with micro subcultures, just like Hip-Hop or Rock music, so why do people expect Battle-Rap's dichotomous fan-bases to be SO much more communal than any other entertainment genre. Why wouldn't URL fans disagree with KOTD and vice versa? Why should they harmonize? You guys can't just expect someone who's a fan of Arsonal to be a fan of Kid Twist, and vice versa, because the reality is that them and the leagues have absolutely nothing in common stylistically.

I personally think KOTD is considerably more entertaining, better produced, better organized than URL. I also think both leagues each have their fair share of inadequacies. BUT if my socio-cultural circumstances/upbringing was different I might like URL more than KOTD. So just because I prefer KOTD doesn't mean it's superior.

Some of you need to accept there's not always a correct answer and wrong answer when comparing such juxtapositions.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 01:52 AM   #104
Jack Deuce
Media

Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
I dunno, I like both.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:57 AM   #105
My Kall

My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
I dunno, I like both.
Yes obviously some people will like both, but you can't just expect a battle-rap fan to like both when they have absolutely no similarities, the same way you can't just expect a Nas fan to also be a Foo Fighters fan.
Old 07-14-2015, 02:01 AM   #106
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kall View Post
I disagree with both of your ideals of unity. Why shouldn't their be major disagreements? Why should we enjoy it as a collective?

KOTD and URL cater to totally different audiences. Battle-Rap's a macro culture with micro subcultures, just like Hip-Hop or Rock music, so why do people expect Battle-Rap's dichotomous fan-bases to be SO much more communal than any other entertainment genre. Why wouldn't URL fans disagree with KOTD and vice versa? Why should they harmonize? You guys can't just expect someone who's a fan of Arsonal to be a fan of Kid Twist, and vice versa, because the reality is that them and the leagues have absolutely nothing in common stylistically.

I personally think KOTD is considerably more entertaining, better produced, better organized than URL. I also think both leagues each have their fair share of inadequacies. BUT if my socio-cultural circumstances/upbringing was different I might like URL more than KOTD. So just because I prefer KOTD doesn't mean it's superior.

Some of you need to accept there's not always a correct answer and wrong answer when comparing such juxtapositions.

Leave the long-winded, pseudo-intellectual replies for @JOBone. Nobody trying to read through your bullshit.
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 02:14 AM   #107
Jack Deuce
Media

Quote:
Leave the long-winded, pseudo-intellectual replies for @JOBone. Nobody trying to read through your bullshit.
Hey now, I'm gonna fuck around and steal JobOne's crown
Old 07-14-2015, 02:25 AM   #108
My Kall

Quote:
Okay so you feel resentment towards people who would never attack you and never wish misfortune upon you. I wonder what that's like.

I'm proud to say I'm not an intellectual, and I have no intellectual credentials. At least we agree on something.

I even kept it concise for ya man.
Old 07-14-2015, 02:27 AM   #109
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Yes obviously some people will like both, but you can't just expect a battle-rap fan to like both when they have absolutely no similarities, the same way you can't just expect a Nas fan to also be a Foo Fighters fan.
i never said you have to be a fan of everything and i never said that leagues have to converge in harmony. i never said that there should be disagreements either. what i said was that having leagues, battlers, and fan bases alienate each other due to stylistic preferences achieves nothing especially when, for example, KOTD and DF have fed off of each other and opened doors of opportunity for themselves.

if it wasn't for the KOTD bookers inviting british battlers on their brand, DF wouldn't have gotten as much exposure in north america. same thing can be said vice versa. if it wasn't for organik saying it was okay to have smack setup shotgun suge vs charron at SM4, i doubt that a lot of URL fans would have given charron the time of day.

directly and indirectly, battle rap leagues have worked with each other. so far, it's been quite beneficial and the big 3 leagues have all maintained their own identities to compete with each other.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:01 AM   #110
Rtongsta

Quote:
i guess i should rephrase my statement. the fans take the "wars" and "disputes" between battlers and leagues far....far......faaaaar more seriously than the battlers and leagues do. we literally all fuck with each other
agree with this. battle rap has become WWE. or maybe it always was and now the 'little things' are getting blown out of proportion.

It keeps battle rap entertaining though. The way battle rap is marketed it sounds like "the most respected emcee battle arena" actually means something in real life.

Last edited by Rtongsta; 07-14-2015 at 03:08 AM.
Rtongsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:14 AM   #111
Exenexex
project pattahhhhh

Mentioned: 322 Post(s)
Exenexex is better than Grind Time AustraliaExenexex is better than Grind Time AustraliaExenexex is better than Grind Time Australia
Dfafd!!!
Exenexex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:44 AM   #112
Nikolas34520

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:

Huh, I can respect your opinion, you have build quite the case. I think the direction that I hope battle rap can go is beyond most peoples understanding. I don't think battle rap even knows what it's doing or what it wants to be. I completely agree KOTD and URL cater to different audiences but it's the same idea as different religions, different scripture with evident similarities, example being Horus and Jesus Christ, their birth, death, etc.

How can we not compare URL rappers to KOTD rappers in reality but it's clear no one cares anymore who is the better rapper skill wise. Let's get it clear I cringe just as much to a shitty conceited-type-gun-line as a charron pity line or unanomous dragged-on-fictional bars but do we want battle rap to evolve or stay the same with the same issues. Unfortunately battle rap has expanded to where someone with no understanding of writing bars or creativity or hip-hop can have judgement who the better rapper is and what it should be so there is no real judgement. I guess my idea of battle rap harmonizing as a collective is saved for a more enlightened society or community. Also battle rap shouldn't make me feel like a dork but these lame battles are making me feel that way.

Last edited by Nikolas34520; 07-14-2015 at 05:40 AM.
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:15 AM   #113
The Kang
99percent resembleMadIllz

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
The Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@Soul ,How did it feel to lose to Sketch Menace?

Current Bottom 15 active battlers

1.Manik
2.Realistic
3.Lexx Luthor
4.Joe Cutter
5.Tycoon Tax
6.Tony D
7.Rum Nitty
8.Deadman
9.KG the Poet
10.Danny Myers
11.Bishop Brigante
12.Skelly
13.Bonnie Godiva
14.Ogmios
15.Pass

Last edited by The Kang; 07-14-2015 at 06:28 AM.
The Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:34 AM   #114
gregrieke20
Media

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
gregrieke20 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas34520 View Post
Okay this URL vs KOTD bullshit has to stop. Both sides are becoming equally as bad. I can compare this to the french-english tension in Quebec. The english that dislike the french considers them welfare leaches that are to stubborn and uneducated to adapt to anything english and vice versa (also tensions from laws in quebec forcing french on everyone, Bill 101 for example forcing everyone to be educated in french, even immigrants). At the end of day the anglophones are just as bad as the french separatists or BS (bien-ętre social, slang for welfare) for criticizing them when there are no better. My point is there is no good side, the more we bitch about the division there will be a line. for once can we erase that line and enjoy battle rap or hate it as a collective so that at least these conversations won't be going in circles.
I somewhat see the analogy, but can you use American examples so people actually give a fuck?
Old 07-14-2015, 04:35 AM   #115
gregrieke20
Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
@Soul be like

My pen game, death note
My thread game, less so
lmfaooooooooo
Old 07-14-2015, 04:44 AM   #116
gregrieke20
Media

Quote:
thats not the same "game", that's just URL's way of branding itself. i mean, it is a business, of course they are gonna say they're the best.
Fucking this. Everyone's always like "oh yea they think they're the most respected?! They're so arrogant!"…it's like, this is how business works. You market yourself as the best, try to put out the best product, and hope that people enjoy it and then you make money. It's called selling yourself.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:48 AM   #117
Jack Deuce
Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrieke20 View Post
Fucking this. Everyone's always like "oh yea they think they're the most respected?! They're so arrogant!"…it's like, this is how business works. You market yourself as the best, try to put out the best product, and hope that people enjoy it and then you make money. It's called selling yourself.
But it inspires the kind of brand loyalty that causes shit like URL fans bashing KOTD fans. I honestly think KOTD doesn't do this as much and it's detrimental to their business. Out of the Big 3, KOTD is soooo far behind in brand loyalty. As annoying as the fights can be, I think they're more productive than most people wanna admit.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:54 AM   #118
gregrieke20
Media

Quote:
but please, tell us how you really feel about "URL fans"
Quote:
tell us how you really feel
Lol yea, upon further reading, what is it OP that you feel is the problem with "them"?
@Soul

Last edited by gregrieke20; 07-14-2015 at 05:10 AM.
gregrieke20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 05:05 AM   #119
Profess

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
But it inspires the kind of brand loyalty that causes shit like URL fans bashing KOTD fans. I honestly think KOTD doesn't do this as much and it's detrimental to their business. Out of the Big 3, KOTD is soooo far behind in brand loyalty. As annoying as the fights can be, I think they're more productive than most people wanna admit.
If supporting URL means that other leagues are trash then URL fans are crazy and maybe Soul has a point. But that is not actually the case. Some "URL fans" would knock KOTD with or without the "if it dont happen on SMACK it dont count" slogan. How are the fights productive?
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 05:08 AM   #120
gregrieke20
Media

Quote:
They're definitely productive, to what degree i don't know.

And I understand that kind of marketing may cause some URL fans to "bash" KOTD fans, but 1) I don't think that really happens all that much lol and 2) if you're that upset about one battle league's fans bashing you because you're a fan of another, then you simply need to grow up (that's not directed at you Jack, in general). I mean I can't imagine.

YOU CAN WATCH ALL THESE BATTLES. There's nothing forcing anyone to have any type of "allegiance" towards any of these leagues. Why someone would choose to do so is bizarre to me, particularly given the fact all this content is free.

And as far as marketing yourself as the best, I mean I understand it can be divisive, but that's the way marketing and selling yourself works (or at the very least it's one way you can go about it). I've met Norbes, Smack, and some of the other URL staff guys, they're all perfectly nice people lol. I mean, it's as though some people take these tag lines and project them onto the individuals involved in the leagues and tell themselves, "look how cocky he is."…these are just tag lines. like wtf? lol

Tags