Battle KOTD - Charron vs A. Ward l #WD8

View Poll Results: Who won?
Charron 9 64.29%
A. Ward 5 35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2019, 04:08 PM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
KOTD - Charron vs A. Ward l #WD8

iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 04:41 PM   #2
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Good battle from what I recall. Will rewatch and vote later. I do love when battlers get called out and take the challenge.

Ended Gjonaj's career, unfortunately.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:12 PM   #3
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
How hte fuck is A ward nerdier and less convincing that Charron....

Charron bit Pat's "straight jacket/it" line though.

Last edited by StankDaddy; 04-08-2019 at 07:15 PM.
StankDaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:55 PM   #4
steveelite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
steveelite has seen da-feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by StankDaddy View Post
How hte fuck is A ward nerdier and less convincing that Charron....

Charron bit Pat's "straight jacket/it" line though.
That was from Pat vs Math right?
steveelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:59 PM   #5
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveelite View Post
That was from Pat vs Math right?
Vs. Saurus

Tucked in his chain cause Im fuckin insane Id straight jack it
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:41 AM   #6
Emancee

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Vs. Saurus

Charron's biting of Pat is excessive at times, for sure. His battle in Manila was literally a greatest hits of Pat lines.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 01:26 AM   #7
nixstix

nixstix has seen da-feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Charron's biting of Pat is excessive at times, for sure. His battle in Manila was literally a greatest hits of Pat lines.
dont forget the "we can see/C its a front" line, bit from the pat and hollow battle
nixstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 03:50 AM   #8
Dusted123

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dusted123 is not the worst person
Charron lowkey outclassed him pretty bad, which makes me question my previous opinions of Ward

That GZ "I gave you the answers" scheme in the third round was awful too
Dusted123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 04:41 AM   #9
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Honestly I have Ward winning this, but it may just be the fact that I thought Charron's religion bars and freestyle part (for real Charron needs to stop wasting time on freestyles, he hasn't had a good one in literally years) were awful in his third. Genuinely most of us could freestyle these types of bars

Enjoyed Charron's first, one of Charron's best rounds in ages,but maybe I am missing something, but his constant reuse of played out angles and bars in the second and third definitely give ward the win for me.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...

Last edited by Emancee; 04-09-2019 at 04:44 AM.
Old 04-09-2019, 04:42 AM   #10
sikwidit

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
sikwidit is not the worst person
Quote:
Vs. Saurus

Brixx said "and my style crazy that's why they straight jack it" long before Pat
"Your chick's a freak, in other words a LOVELY SINGER" "The only time he SHOP at the GAP is when he LOOK in my MOUTH" "Like I don't get it when I blam it" "I hope your dads leg gets stuck in the EQUATOR of an earthquake""I'm HOT like a FAN" "GET THEM JEANS THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!"
sikwidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 04:45 AM   #11
Emancee

Also not coincidence that Charron's first non URL rapper in years and we get the best Charron in a long time
Old 04-09-2019, 05:26 AM   #12
sikwidit

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
sikwidit is not the worst person
Wards material was solid every round and he still got washed.
"Your chick's a freak, in other words a LOVELY SINGER" "The only time he SHOP at the GAP is when he LOOK in my MOUTH" "Like I don't get it when I blam it" "I hope your dads leg gets stuck in the EQUATOR of an earthquake""I'm HOT like a FAN" "GET THEM JEANS THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!"
sikwidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:30 AM   #13
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikwidit View Post
Brixx said "and my style crazy that's why they straight jack it" long before Pat
Maybe Charron considers it common enough to be okay to steal? Even a quick look online revealed a record label, track by Odd Future and a Lil Wayne freestyle that used the bar, lol.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:01 AM   #14
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusted123 View Post
Charron lowkey outclassed him pretty bad, which makes me question my previous opinions of Ward

That GZ "I gave you the answers" scheme in the third round was awful too
What was your previous opinion of A. Ward?
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:05 AM   #15
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
(for real Charron needs to stop wasting time on freestyles, he hasn't had a good one in literally years)
I agree with the sentiment here. Mainly because a few times in this battle it seemed like Charron was only starting his round with a freestyle because that is his standard formula. However, he's had some good one's over the year. So perhaps if he learns to strike the right balance of only rebuttaling when its appropriate Diz will finally accept his challenge.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:08 AM   #16
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Wards material was solid every round and he still got washed.
I agree. And I thought A. Ward talking during Charron's rounds was out of pocket. That said, I don't think it was malicious. Rather, I believe A. Ward cares too much and when a bar stings he breaks character.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:29 AM   #17
Profess
Smooth Criminal

I could see some people fucking with A. Ward, he's not terrible, but I'm not a fan. Actually, I find him comical so occasionally I like watching his battles. I suppose part of that is because his Christian gimmick offers his opponent an easy angle. And I liked Charron's execution of said angle bringing up profiting off christ to pay for his wedding ect. When A. Ward called out Diz at the end of his third, I was wondering if he had hit peak delusional.

Overall, good battle. The first I've watched in it's entirety since Hollow vs MAth. KOTD seems to have worked something out, but I'm probably only saying that because the Oakland event looks crazy. Let's go!

Old 04-09-2019, 08:37 AM   #18
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
When A. Ward called out Diz at the end of his third, I was wondering if he had hit peak delusional.
When he squeaked that out, I genuinely wondered if he really believed it or not.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:16 AM   #19
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
When he squeaked that out, I genuinely wondered if he really believed it or not.
Well said (tips hat)
Old 04-09-2019, 09:17 AM   #20
Emancee

Quote:
I agree with the sentiment here. Mainly because a few times in this battle it seemed like Charron was only starting his round with a freestyle because that is his standard formula. However, he's had some good one's over the year. So perhaps if he learns to strike the right balance of only rebuttaling when its appropriate Diz will finally accept his challenge.
This is my feeling too. His third here is a prime example of that. I completely shut off after he started rapping barely rhymed bars about Oz being in the crowd. Maybe on rewatch I'll give him the win, but that first half put me off so much I didn't care about the rest of his round.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:32 AM   #21
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
This is my feeling too. His third here is a prime example of that. I completely shut off after he started rapping barely rhymed bars about Oz being in the crowd. Maybe on rewatch I'll give him the win, but that first half put me off so much I didn't care about the rest of his round.
I forget what Charron's opening rebuttals were each round. So round one and/or two might be examples of poor decisions. I thought the shot at Eurgh when he mentioned Bangnall was well executed. But the other parts of that rebuttal scheme, mentioning the German guy and Oxy fell flat. That said batting .333 is solid in baseball, but this is battle rap. So missing 2 to get one might not be worth the payoff. All that said, A. Ward was the catalyst of those actions when he alleged Charron was out of touch with the KOTD scene. But does A. Ward deserve points for being in-tune with GZ events? I think, he thinks he does and that made Charron's mention of the Prove Yourself division in his third even more fitting.

By the way, did a train pass over the building as A. Ward said, "I make the earth shake" or something to that affect?

Last edited by Profess; 04-09-2019 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:36 PM   #22
steveelite

Quote:
Vs. Saurus

I was thinking of "straight jack it, round 1 Maths done, closed casket"

Ty for remembering that. You deserve rep. Kudos.
Old 04-09-2019, 02:27 PM   #23
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
yeah probably but id be much more inclined to believe pat ain't never watched a brixx battle lol
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 03:26 PM   #24
Uza
VIP

Uza is not the worst person
Super refreshing to come onto a forum where the users generally think A Ward is a lame. Thank you guys.
Uza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 03:38 PM   #25
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
this was the best battle of the event on the day tbh which i wasn't expecting at all i thought charron outclassed him for most of the battle. these are the kind of people charron should be battling
Old 04-09-2019, 11:33 PM   #26
Dusted123

Dusted123 is not the worst person
Quote:
What was your previous opinion of A. Ward?
I wouldn't say I was a fan because I think the whole "I'm a christian battle rapper!" thing is lame but to put it simply that he was a lot better than he is

Madflex is going to body him
Dusted123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:33 PM   #27
Ayo!

Ayo! is a PY Poster
My nigga Charron went off in the 1st. Introduced that boy Aaron to the antichrist.
Ayo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:25 AM   #28
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Mentioned: 515 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Charron is the 'US' version of white guys who think they are cool (Bigg K, Caustik, Pat Stay, etc. (Insert favorite Wigger here)

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:17 PM   #29
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Wow yall hating on A Ward
I like him because I feel he's realler than most with him image
I don't like the talking through the round from Award but his freestyle is one of the best in the game right now.
I think the 2nd and 3rd round was clear A Ward. His Charron impersonation is on point

CRB - Rap Battle - Mz BlackPearl vs Houdini Diamond
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1dnPHKLL8k&t

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:37 PM   #30
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
Wow yall hating on A Ward
I like him because I feel he's realler than most with him image
I don't like the talking through the round from Award but his freestyle is one of the best in the game right now.
I think the 2nd and 3rd round was clear A Ward. His Charron impersonation is on point
Me too. Genuinely surprised people think this was so one-sided
Old 04-12-2019, 12:51 AM   #31
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
never really been a charron fan but thought he was great vs jimz and a-ward
JC
All Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:00 AM   #32
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
some of the opinions in here are straight up bullshit.

Whoever the fuck was talking about this Charron being better than any of Suge, KShine, Magic, Ars, Serius etc.. is either fucking tripping or just trying to sound high brow.
StankDaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:54 AM   #33
steveelite

Wtf r yall insane? A Ward roasted him... Big time...
Old 04-12-2019, 11:57 AM   #34
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Wow so many people actually watched this?
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 06:59 AM   #35
barz2AM
NawmSayin

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
barz2AM is a PY Poster
Charron 3-0.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:46 PM   #36
Paradox

Paradox is not the worst person
charron caught a body. a ward is like a christian arcane that yells at end of his bars.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 03:44 PM   #37
Howiefelter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Howiefelter is not the worst person
Charron got the body. I thought ward had some good material to though. That charron impersonation was great,

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Howiefelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:15 AM   #38
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 416 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveelite View Post
Wtf r yall insane? A Ward roasted him... Big time...
i had a ward 2-1. charron actually had a really nice first tho

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:48 PM   #39
Bonanza

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Bonanza is a PY Poster
Why did A. Ward curse in his third round?
Bonanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 01:10 AM   #40
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
LOL y'all think a ward is real with his image? do you hear how he talks?

a ward is terrible, dude is a bum. mr mumbles loves the fact he cant even tell a ward is gonna run back a hidden punch lmao thats sooo terrible

YOU FOOL CHARRON I EVEN GAVE U THE ANSWERS HA HA HA

lmao when people "scheme" or do whatever garbage and use like a simple word in the way its actually used in the other thing it cracks me up, i aint rewatching this shit but fools be like

THE POWER OUTAGE CAUSED A BLACKOUT BUT YOU WAS BANNED ANYWAY SO U COULDN'T ACHIEVE WORLD DOMINATION

and crowds cheer it lmao congrats, u know the words, there is no central theme involved u fucking goofs

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wd8