Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Original Content URLTV SMACK Volume 6 Faceoffs

Old 12-12-2020, 02:24 AM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
URLTV SMACK Volume 6 Faceoffs

iamHBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 02:06 AM   #2
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Will/Danny just happened, I personally gave Will the battle in the 1st and 3rd in a great back and forth battle. Definitely a lot of potential replay value.
Old 12-13-2020, 04:21 AM   #3
Emancee

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Did Pat reuse his good K Shine bars against someone else or was he over familiar with them? I expected a lot more from him.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:32 AM   #4
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Kinda liking the parking lot environment especially for Gotti and Goodz
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Old 12-13-2020, 05:00 AM   #5
Emancee

Geechi and Goodz was dope. Thought Geechi won clear, but some of the writing was flames.
Old 12-13-2020, 05:02 AM   #6
Emancee

32 now I'm in the zone.

Flames.
Old 12-13-2020, 05:05 AM   #7
iamHBY

Danny/Will for Battle Of The Night, Chilla Jones with Performance Of The Night, I thought the card could’ve been a bit better overall.
Old 12-13-2020, 05:54 AM   #8
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Danny/Will for Battle Of The Night, Chilla Jones with Performance Of The Night, I thought the card couldíve been a bit better overall.
Me too.

Haha, serves me right for skipping Chilla.I heard he was flames, but I couldn't bring myself to watch it.

I have Will, Shine, Geechi and Ars for the wins, but considering the talent involved I expected more.
Old 12-13-2020, 08:17 AM   #9
iamHBY

Also, I feel like the audience placement for such a giant empty space was super distracting.
Old 12-13-2020, 09:11 AM   #10
Emancee

Quote:
Also, I feel like the audience placement for such a giant empty space was super distracting.
It was also weird because the mics werent picking up anything except the biggest audience reactions. It was weird hearing them repeat for reactions that we couldn't hear at home.
Old 12-13-2020, 02:24 PM   #11
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 423 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Danny/Will for Battle Of The Night, Chilla Jones with Performance Of The Night, I thought the card couldíve been a bit better overall.
how was pat stay?

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 02:32 PM   #12
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
how was pat stay?
I thought he had some solid lines here and there, but his delivery was kinda choppy, and he admitted on 15MOFE that he kinda wrote last minute for the battle in general.
Old 12-13-2020, 03:06 PM   #13
Emancee

Quote:
I thought he had some solid lines here and there, but his delivery was kinda choppy, and he admitted on 15MOFE that he kinda wrote last minute for the battle in general.
That confused me, honestly. This is like the third time he's been due to battle K Shine. Didn't he have any bars left over from those other times?!?

But yeah, Pat seemed to really not be at all motivated by this one which was strange.
Old 12-13-2020, 06:36 PM   #14
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 423 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
jayblac said the event was very "meh"... disappointing

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 09:17 PM   #15
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
B Dot is cancer

Ill Will got performance of the night is the consensus?
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 04:56 AM   #16
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
That confused me, honestly. This is like the third time he's been due to battle K Shine. Didn't he have any bars left over from those other times?!?

But yeah, Pat seemed to really not be at all motivated by this one which was strange.
Considering how many times the battle got pushed back, and the potential it had on paper to be good, generally speaking it ended up being a really weird battle overall. Like I said before, Pat's material was kinda choppy at points, and I think he was kneecapped not only by stopping for what he thought would get reaction (for all I know it could've gotten reaction, but I couldn't hear the crowd being so far away from the battles), but also any time he tried to get close to Shine during his rounds, Shine would keep moving away. Meanwhile with Shine, I appreciate him trying to switch things up a bit from the formula he's stuck with for most of his recent performances, but his name flips and concepts were so generic, and I'm not sure why he dragged out the impersonation for as long as he did in the 3rd.

Also, this is just a general critique for the event, but I'm started to get frustrated by how bad the Caffeine film crew is when it comes to filming battles.
Old 12-15-2020, 06:37 AM   #17
Emancee

Quote:
Also, this is just a general critique for the event, but I'm started to get frustrated by how bad the Caffeine film crew is when it comes to filming battles.
The sound is also weird. Being cool with Avokkkado is NGL, but there has to be a halfway house. There can't be no guys at Caffeine that has recorded music concerts etc. can there?!?
Old 12-15-2020, 11:10 PM   #18
iamHBY

VOD trailer for the event for those that missed the live stream, and all the battles will be on the URL app tomorrow.

Old 12-15-2020, 11:27 PM   #19
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
The sound is also weird. Being cool with Avokkkado is NGL, but there has to be a halfway house. There can't be no guys at Caffeine that has recorded music concerts etc. can there?!?
JB at Blaq Market Media does the sound for the Caffeine streams, and directs all the app only releases like Born Legacy battles, Banned, etc., yet for whatever reason they just have the Caffeine team have cameramen that donít follow the battlers but rather have the battlers follow them for awkward moments in battles.

Tags