KOTD - #BLACKOUT7 - Main Event Announcement #2

Old 03-29-2017, 12:15 AM   #161
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
organik posted on talkback that "charron gave me a list of 5 battlers. two of which were black.. etc etc"

who do you think were the other four on the list?

iron, diz, caustic, big t....???
Iron Diz Tsu Surf Illmac

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:29 AM   #162
brodeezy

Mentioned: 630 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness Lee View Post
so now we're acting like being good at rapping gets anyone anywhere in battle rap? funny how i said years before he got any shot that Charron would be the most effective battler and now he is.
that is such a shitty metric to go by.is daylyt trying to shit on stage one of your top 5 rounds of all time because of its "effectiveness?"

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:33 AM   #163
brodeezy

brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
and fuck yeah rapping well gets battlers far. yall are lying to yourselves acting like charron is biger than he is. he isnt a superstar. hes not a huge draw. his gimmicky "effectiveness" has gotten him to a successful mid tier status. nothing more. dudes have gotten further on theirnability tonrapnalone without taking a cornball approach.

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:

Last edited by brodeezy; 03-29-2017 at 02:43 AM.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:46 AM   #164
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
Should've had verb vs pass obviously
Old 03-29-2017, 03:25 AM   #165
Feral Linguist

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
that is such a shitty metric to go by.is daylyt trying to shit on stage one of your top 5 rounds of all time because of its "effectiveness?"
wtf are you smokin
Feral Linguist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:54 AM   #166
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
so now we're acting like being good at rapping gets anyone anywhere in battle rap?
Terrible post. You and Pass (The most 'rap' MCs on the card) are on the same card as Charron. Sure, you're not main eventing, but you aren't from around there so that is no surprise. Both you and Pass have a more respectable resume than Charron to boot. If you went to DF or Scrambles with Charron, I guarantee your names would be in a similar position on the flyer.

On the subject of the UK too, Grime MCs like Dialect and Raptor are some of the biggest names there. The rap guys like Tony and Shotty are pretty much their legends.

Rap MCs have to market themselves differently for sure, but where is the evidence for this?!?
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number
You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT
Comparing your gangsta to an animal (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc)
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:53 AM   #167
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Terrible post. You and Pass (The most 'rap' MCs on the card) are on the same card as Charron. Sure, you're not main eventing, but you aren't from around there so that is no surprise. Both you and Pass have a more respectable resume than Charron to boot. If you went to DF or Scrambles with Charron, I guarantee your names would be in a similar position on the flyer.

On the subject of the UK too, Grime MCs like Dialect and Raptor are some of the biggest names there. The rap guys like Tony and Shotty are pretty much their legends.

Rap MCs have to market themselves differently for sure, but where is the evidence for this?!?
If you don't like Charrons rapping lets not pretend he hasn't marketed himself very well. I would say right now Charron is a bigger name then Pass and Ness

He's marketed himself to be on URL which would pretty much put him on top tier for most other leagues.
And it's not like he gets small names on any league either

I think he needs to take a break from the Smack battlers. A match up with a Kid Twist would have been a better Black Out match

Old 03-30-2017, 07:12 AM   #168
Ness Lee
VIP

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post

i've also been on the same cards as Hollow. i dont quite get your point. my name would be high up at Scrambles because i'm the first american to battle a south african celebrity there. Charron would go there and get just as much or more love than me
Ness Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:31 AM   #169
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
It doesn't matter Ness, you spoke to me like YEARS ago on rapmusic.com and so did Soul Khan giving me feedback on the battle Taz Vs Kang Pen, and on one bar alone, "one flick of the wrist would lynch this bitch lame" you said that was enough fire to win the battle that I eventually lost due to a choke in the OT round.

Point being, rapping will always be the number one thing in battle rap. That's what inspires event names such as Back to Basics.

Charron doesn't deserve a battle rapper like Aye Verb, especially with rumors circulating around that he is soon to retire (Verb)

He's a great guy, and when you're a fellow battle rapper it's important to keep things cool for diplomatic purposes but the truth is I know why people don't fuck with him like that cuz I don't. I mean I fucks with em, but not like that man.

You might be feeling different if they gave him Lux next. LOL
Old 03-30-2017, 06:45 PM   #170
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhotazice View Post
It doesn't matter Ness, you spoke to me like YEARS ago on rapmusic.com and so did Soul Khan giving me feedback on the battle Taz Vs Kang Pen, and on one bar alone, "one flick of the wrist would lynch this bitch lame" you said that was enough fire to win the battle that I eventually lost due to a choke in the OT round.

Point being, rapping will always be the number one thing in battle rap. That's what inspires event names such as Back to Basics.

Charron doesn't deserve a battle rapper like Aye Verb, especially with rumors circulating around that he is soon to retire (Verb)

He's a great guy, and when you're a fellow battle rapper it's important to keep things cool for diplomatic purposes but the truth is I know why people don't fuck with him like that cuz I don't. I mean I fucks with em, but not like that man.

Verb hasn't really been doing the legendary matches

Bonnie and Jimz aint really on what should be Verbs level either

Neither is really on Charrons level either though
Verbs been on some different ish for a bit

Old 03-30-2017, 07:09 PM   #171
brodeezy

Quote:

probably the only on point post you have here!!!!!

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 03-30-2017, 07:58 PM   #172
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
man he's just not that good in the written format, very sloppy, shock tactic/current event shit, there is a supreme lack of skill in his rapping ability

he's a pretty good freestyler, those off memory alone are the only battles of his i've enjoyed

his image and physique make it ironic for him to battle on mega cards against scary black men, irony sells

the casual fan is not that smart and love cheap thrills imo
Old 03-30-2017, 08:26 PM   #173
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Charron is terrible and Deezy is snapping!!!!
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:28 PM   #174
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
have they announced all the blackout battles im mad confused
Old 03-30-2017, 10:50 PM   #175
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
If drake gave organik 50k to book hollow you bet your ass Charon would get the match.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:58 PM   #176
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1466 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
If drake gave organik 50k to book hollow you bet your ass Charon would get the match.
probably diz tbh
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:06 AM   #177
Ness Lee
VIP

Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
daylyt shitting on stage was effective? i see i see
Old 03-31-2017, 12:11 AM   #178
Ness Lee
VIP

Quote:

that was so long ago i dont even remember what state i lived in when it happened. i wouldnt give a fuck if they gave him lux. no one deserves anything they didnt negotiate. why would i ever worry about what another man deserves or not. because i dont have it?

so if rapping is the number one thing, why are not the best rappers in battle rap top tier? why arent you?
Old 03-31-2017, 12:20 AM   #179
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
daylyt shitting on stage was effective? i see i see
In the way you're talking, yeah kind of. He's one of the biggest names in battling.
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 03-31-2017, 12:20 AM   #180
lukej

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
lukej is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Huh

Hollow would never battle fucking Charron
lukej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:34 AM   #181
brodeezy

ness humblee up in this bitch right now

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 03-31-2017, 12:38 AM   #182
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
ness humblee up in this bitch right now
you said the word of the hour!!!!

king kendrick!!!!
Quote:
Old 03-31-2017, 01:48 AM   #183
Ness Lee
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
In the way you're talking, yeah kind of. He's one of the biggest names in battling.
What way am i talking about? Because Charron rapped
Old 03-31-2017, 02:00 AM   #184
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
What way am i talking about? Because Charron rapped
you're saying that effective battling = battling that increases your status. daylyt got a ton of exposure by taking a dump and has climbed the ranks since, so how is it not effective?

also, who cares if Charron rapped, right? I thought rapping didn't mean anything
Quote:
Old 03-31-2017, 04:06 AM   #185
Ness Lee
VIP

Quote:
you're saying that effective battling = battling that increases your status. daylyt got a ton of exposure by taking a dump and has climbed the ranks since, so how is it not effective?

also, who cares if Charron rapped, right? I thought rapping didn't mean anything
you have to battle for something to be considered "effective battling". taking a shit doesn't qualify

and no, i said being a good rapper doesnt mean anything. i use my words specifically
Old 03-31-2017, 04:27 AM   #186
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
you have to battle for something to be considered "effective battling". taking a shit doesn't qualify

and no, i said being a good rapper doesnt mean anything. i use my words specifically
What is effective battling?
Quote:
Old 03-31-2017, 05:01 AM   #187
Ness Lee
VIP

Quote:
What is effective battling?
i feel like you're doing everything in your power to try not to give Charron any kind of credit b. I find it extremely hard to believe that you dont know what effective battling is
Old 03-31-2017, 05:08 AM   #188
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
i feel like you're doing everything in your power to try not to give Charron any kind of credit b. I find it extremely hard to believe that you dont know what effective battling is
the definition of "effective battling" is basically this whole conversation
Quote:
Old 03-31-2017, 05:24 AM   #189
Ness Lee
VIP

Quote:
the definition of "effective battling" is basically this whole conversation
i guess. the definition of effective battling is when daylyt says "yall ready" then says a room shaker. or soul khan rapping nothing like he does on his album and having the crowd chant for him. or dna consistently beating people who are "better" than he is. or clips being hailed as a goat while barely trying. or charron's goofy white ass walking into a 98 percent black crowd that for the most part dont fuck with kotd and walking out with a consensus win. or john john being clowned in grindtime for mediocre writing and now being top 20 popular battler in america. all of these peole give every crowd they're in front of exactly what they want. we can break down the psychology of the 2017 crowd if you wish but that's almost an entirely different subject. but this particular crowd runs battle rap and these people's style appeals to them

no amount of complaining about or discrediting these people can change that. yet people constantly do and i really dont get it. if people want a "more talented" battler to be more popular....make them more popular. rally behind them until they get a look. hating on someone who's popularity is beyond opinion does nothing for anyone

Last edited by Ness Lee; 03-31-2017 at 05:27 AM.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:05 AM   #190
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
i guess. the definition of effective battling is when daylyt says "yall ready" then says a room shaker. or soul khan rapping nothing like he does on his album and having the crowd chant for him. or dna consistently beating people who are "better" than he is. or clips being hailed as a goat while barely trying. or charron's goofy white ass walking into a 98 percent black crowd that for the most part dont fuck with kotd and walking out with a consensus win. or john john being clowned in grindtime for mediocre writing and now being top 20 popular battler in america. all of these peole give every crowd they're in front of exactly what they want. we can break down the psychology of the 2017 crowd if you wish but that's almost an entirely different subject. but this particular crowd runs battle rap and these people's style appeals to them

no amount of complaining about or discrediting these people can change that. yet people constantly do and i really dont get it. if people want a "more talented" battler to be more popular....make them more popular. rally behind them until they get a look. hating on someone who's popularity is beyond opinion does nothing for anyone
Yeah... but this is just a forum, which is discourse for the sake of discourse. If you don't like a battler, you talk about how you don't like a battler. It's not like people on here expect that saying "Charron sucks" eight times in the mirror in the morning will make him go away (although I still do it), we just look at that kind of depressing picture you just painted of the nature of battle popularity and call it depressing. 'Cause that's kind of how it sounds. If that's "effective," then "effective" kinda blows most of the time.

Like, this is a place to share opinions -- I also have opinions on what I don't like about shows I watch, food I eat, music I listen to. I don't expect to make any macro-level changes there either. I also don't feel the need to give Big Bang Theory credit for making a shitty show that a lot of people like, because I have absolutely no incentive or reason to. "Well, they certainly met the key demographics and found the right time slot!" is a fucking boring conversation to have. "They get the lowest common denominator goin'!!"

I just don't really get what you're suggesting we do -- subvert our opinions and simply comment that popular stuff sure is popular? Sounds kinda dystopian.

(And please don't do the thing where battlers say that this board never has positive conversations about anyone.)

((p.s. check the RMBVA Twitter, I literally tried to form a Joe Powers bandwagon today, lol.))
Quote:
Old 03-31-2017, 06:12 AM   #191
riffic
RYD ;

also actin' like we don't all rock @illipsis and @Dank Schrader shirts every day smh
Quote:
Old 03-31-2017, 06:25 AM   #192
Ness Lee
VIP

Quote:
Yeah... but this is just a forum, which is discourse for the sake of discourse. If you don't like a battler, you talk about how you don't like a battler. It's not like people on here expect that saying "Charron sucks" eight times in the mirror in the morning will make him go away (although I still do it), we just look at that kind of depressing picture you just painted of the nature of battle popularity and call it depressing. 'Cause that's kind of how it sounds. If that's "effective," then "effective" kinda blows most of the time.

Like, this is a place to share opinions -- I also have opinions on what I don't like about shows I watch, food I eat, music I listen to. I don't expect to make any macro-level changes there either. I also don't feel the need to give Big Bang Theory credit for making a shitty show that a lot of people like, because I have absolutely no incentive or reason to. "Well, they certainly met the key demographics and found the right time slot!" is a fucking boring conversation to have. "They get the lowest common denominator goin'!!"

I just don't really get what you're suggesting we do -- subvert our opinions and simply comment that popular stuff sure is popular? Sounds kinda dystopian.

(And please don't do the thing where battlers say that this board never has positive conversations about anyone.)

((p.s. check the RMBVA Twitter, I literally tried to form a Joe Powers bandwagon today, lol.))
no i get all of that. but if you expressed that same opinion about that tv show that you dont like, multiple times every time that tv show is mentioned, it becomes obsessive. especially when that tv show is doing well. at some point it just gets old and time consuming when that time can be spent doing something else
Old 03-31-2017, 06:26 AM   #193
Scartown

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Scartown is better than Grind Time AustraliaScartown is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
also actin' like we don't all rock @illipsis and @Dank Schrader shirts every day smh
I make my wife where her @illipsis shirt or her ch ch cheddar tank top every night before bed
Scartown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 06:31 AM   #194
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
no i get all of that. but if you expressed that same opinion about that tv show that you dont like, multiple times every time that tv show is mentioned, it becomes obsessive. especially when that tv show is doing well. at some point it just gets old and time consuming when that time can be spent doing something else
If TV shows only aired for an eight hour period every few months and they continuously showed The Big Bang Theory I'd absolutely comment on it every time. It's taking up valuable air time.

Also, you're discounting the fact that making fun of Charron is really, really fun.
Quote:
Old 03-31-2017, 06:33 AM   #195
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scartown View Post
I make my wife where her @illipsis shirt or her ch ch cheddar tank top every night before bed
my go-to Tinder opener is "WHO'S YOUR DREAM MATCH UP FOR MADFLEX"
Quote:
Old 03-31-2017, 08:34 AM   #196
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Holy shit. You're arguing with Ness Lee about this? Hahahaha. Much to your delight, im going to have to mostly lurk from now on. You guys are fucking nuts. Absolutely nuts.
Not to mention the dudes throwing weight around are some of the fakest pieces of shit i've come across. Is this actually a closeted men's support group for cuckolds or something?

Last edited by StankDaddy; 03-31-2017 at 08:36 AM.
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:45 AM   #197
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
RandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time Australia
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by StankDaddy View Post
im going to have to mostly lurk from now on.
Well if StankDaddy is out then I'm out too. Just doesn't seem like much of a point without him to be honest.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:18 PM   #198
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by StankDaddy View Post
Holy shit. You're arguing with Ness Lee about this? Hahahaha. Much to your delight, im going to have to mostly lurk from now on. You guys are fucking nuts. Absolutely nuts.
Not to mention the dudes throwing weight around are some of the fakest pieces of shit i've come across. Is this actually a closeted men's support group for cuckolds or something?
Why would you not be able to respectfully disagree with a battle rapper, and how does doing so make you a cuck? It seems far worse to be afraid of having a different opinion of someone and put them on a pedestal...

You also make a ton of assumptions on what everyone here is like and who they think they are. I'll have you know that Riffic really is the 7'8" Swahili astrophysics PHD he says he is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 06:04 PM   #199
Feral Linguist

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
I tend to remember things that are either really good or really bad.

Yeah, what background do you come from? Let's hear more of your posturing and over compensation. I've always been open about my background here.
I have no idea what you are perceiving in my posts that would be 'posturing' or 'overcompensation'.....if there's any insight you can offer, i'd enjoy reading that.
Feral Linguist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 06:08 PM   #200
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
I have no idea what you are perceiving in my posts that would be 'posturing' or 'overcompensation'.....if there's any insight you can offer, i'd enjoy reading that.
You are a shitty poster.
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
128514, 55357, 56613, 56835, 65279, 65533, bars, blackout7, dondemarco, smackkiller