Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
The whole you are a guest in hip-hop thing

Old 07-29-2020, 01:44 AM   #41
Water Mage

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Water Mage is better than Grind Time AustraliaWater Mage is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Perhaps guest in hip hop and guest in rap are different things. Lord Jamar got headlines for calling Eminem a guest, a label that Eminem embraced. I'm not surprised Nick Cannon would latch on to that too. That whole line of thinking is wack tho
It is wack, esp considered that anyone who reminds a guest that they are "merely a guest" is a terrible host anyway.
Water Mage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 02:07 AM   #42
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Mentioned: 523 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
It is wack, esp considered that anyone who reminds a guest that they are "merely a guest" is a terrible host anyway.
This is why Tsu is the best rapper outside of battle rap. Its all street if you dont live the life you wont understand

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 02:24 AM   #43
Profess
I am the Chef

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Napkin Ed View Post
This is why Tsu is the best rapper outside of battle rap. Its all street if you dont live the life you wont understand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIpbI0SQczM
Hip hop is bigger than the streets
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 02:30 AM   #44
Profess
I am the Chef

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Yes, it is clearly rude. Truth be told, ostracizing a "guest" will most likely lead to the hosts' marginalization. Ironically, because that same fear is probably the genesis of the whole guest trope.
Old 07-29-2020, 03:56 AM   #45
My Kall

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
All this talk about Detroit has me thinking of most influential cities in Hip-Hop. Do you have a top 5?

Off the dome...

New York
Los Angeles
Philadelphia
Detroit
Atlanta
I prefer to categorize rappers into metro areas than cities. Bay Area/Oakland is a metro area of different NoCal cities, but it's a single separate Hip-Hop location to me. And northern New Jersey belongs to the same metro area as NYC. But in answer to your question If allowed I would replace Atlanta with either northern New Jersey or the Bay Area/Oakland. The other 4 you listed I agree with though.
My Kall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 04:04 AM   #46
My Kall

My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Reading this comment made me look for a book on Detroit Hip Hop. Instead I found this doc on Amazon Prime The Untold story of Detroit Hip Hop. Have you seen that?
Detroit's activation of horrocore coincided with Brotha Lynch Hung and X-Raided (both black rappers) from Sacramento doing horrorcore, but they were all so underground that they may have been oblivious to each other at the time, so the conceptions of the subgenre might have occured organically in isolation of each other. Maybe the documentary will answer some of my curiosities.

Last edited by My Kall; 07-29-2020 at 04:07 AM.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:12 AM   #47
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kall View Post
I prefer to categorize rappers into metro areas than cities. Bay Area/Oakland is a metro area of different NoCal cities, but it's a single separate Hip-Hop location to me. And northern New Jersey belongs to the same metro area as NYC. But in answer to your question If allowed I would replace Atlanta with either northern New Jersey or the Bay Area/Oakland. The other 4 you listed I agree with though.
@Emancee mentioned the Bay area too. And I can see the strength in listing by Metro area. And as I think about it more it is hard to leave the bay off the list. That being said, if the question was worded slightly different, to imply present influence, would your answer change?
Old 07-29-2020, 04:21 AM   #48
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Detroit's activation of horrocore coincided with Brotha Lynch Hung and X-Raided (both black rappers) from Sacramento doing horrorcore, but they were all so underground that they may have been oblivious to each other at the time, so the conceptions of the subgenre might have occured organically in isolation of each other. Maybe the documentary will answer some of my curiosities.
I wouldn't be surprised if in fact horrorcore inventions were simultaneous.. That wouldn't be the first time.. just ask Newton and Leibniz.

Anyway, I'm curious what you take away from the doc. I watched most of it yesterday which let me to clarify a few things with google searches. In particular, Champtown's Fuck Proof Diss LP. After I searching that, I realized that the Wink character in 8 Mile might be based on him.

Last edited by Profess; 07-29-2020 at 06:22 AM.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:05 AM   #49
Emancee

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
@Emancee mentioned the Bay area too. And I can see the strength in listing by Metro area. And as I think about it more it is hard to leave the bay off the list. That being said, if the question was worded slightly different, to imply present influence, would your answer change?
Present influence would change things. Chicago and Detroit are punching far above their weight recently. Similarly Atlanta is having a dry patch at the moment, but that is not always the case.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:09 AM   #50
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Why is Hip Hop so provincial? Is it just a pride thing? Needs to sort its shit out so people can just rap.
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:55 AM   #51
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Present influence would change things. Chicago and Detroit are punching far above their weight recently. Similarly Atlanta is having a dry patch at the moment, but that is not always the case.
Do any international cities make the top 10?
Old 07-29-2020, 09:13 AM   #52
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Do any international cities make the top 10?
London possibly for the influence of reggae/Jamaican riddims on rap. Of course they took it to the next level, but the style was out there (KRS One, for example), so debatable how influential they were outside the UK. The original grime guys are also probably more influential than we realize.

Toronto might be another, hugely influential although probably for the wrong reasons, lol.

Paris is another, but it tends to be only accessible to French people. You don't just have to speak French, but understand a lot of deeply coded language to get most of it.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Old 07-29-2020, 12:02 PM   #53
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
London possibly for the influence of reggae/Jamaican riddims on rap. Of course they took it to the next level, but the style was out there (KRS One, for example), so debatable how influential they were outside the UK. The original grime guys are also probably more influential than we realize.

Toronto might be another, hugely influential although probably for the wrong reasons, lol.

Paris is another, but it tends to be only accessible to French people. You don't just have to speak French, but understand a lot of deeply coded language to get most of it.
regarding French rap, it is true that you have to have a high level of proficiency to really get them (a level i certainly do not possess), but I think sonically and in regards to certain themes and rhythms, their influence can extend beyond that. you can hear a lot of influence in some German rappers (such as Haftbefehl or RAF Camora), for example, but also in US and UK rappers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 01:45 PM   #54
Lizman

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Lizman has seen da-feet
Quote:

I Have Extremely Limited French Skills.
And I Wrote Two Poems That French People Thought Were Amazing.
Lizman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 04:24 PM   #55
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 422 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizman View Post
I Have Extremely Limited French Skills.
And I Wrote Two Poems That French People Thought Were Amazing.
Were they in ALL CAPS?

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 05:42 PM   #56
Lizman

Lizman has seen da-feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
Were they in ALL CAPS?
No.
Why Would They Be?
Old 07-30-2020, 07:31 PM   #57
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizman View Post
No.
Why Would They Be?
Someone writing an ALL CAPS poem in a foreign language is probably aggressive. Maybe you scared the Frenchmen into praising your poems
Old 07-31-2020, 09:03 PM   #58
Lizman

Lizman has seen da-feet
Quote:
Someone writing an ALL CAPS poem in a foreign language is probably aggressive. Maybe you scared the Frenchmen into praising your poems
I Never Write In All Caps.
Old 08-01-2020, 03:30 PM   #59
griminey

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
griminey is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallFlagg View Post
Spoken like a true colonizing honkey.

You're forgetting that the thing that made Eminem marketable in the first place was because he was a guest in hip hop co signed by Dre. If it were a black dude that released SS lp and MM lp at that time they wouldn't have done much. Being a white rapper is normal at this point because of how gimmicky it was at that time.
It's always interesting to me when i run into someone who is capable of seeing alternate realities so clearly. Like you *know* if a black artist had made the Marshall mathers LP it wouldn't have done much, what are you talking about? At the time nobody wanted to sign Em because label heads didn't think it would work, people were even trying to convince dre not to go ahead with it. But someone some nerd on rmbva knows beyond a shadow of a doubr that it would all work out and thank god eminem wasn't black because it wouldn't have done numbers then. Do yoh see how hopelessly retarded you sound?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
griminey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 04:43 PM   #60
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
matter of fact, didn't Dre think Em was black after he'd heard his demo and considered signing him? and only found out later he was in fact white?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 01:00 AM   #61
My Kall

Eminem wouldn't have been less successful if he was black imo. Before Eminem you had guys like Everlast, Vanilla Ice, Miilkbone, Kid Rock who were each signed to major labels. Why weren't they as popular as Eminem? Because they weren't as talented as rappers. And after Eminem major labels distributed loads of white rappers, such as Bubba Sparxxx, Limp Bizkit, Crazytown, Flobots, OPM etc, and none had particularly successful or celebrated Hip-Hop careers. They were all gifted the same opportunities as Eminem, why did they fail? Because they weren't as talented as Eminem as rappers. So it's not that advantageous to be a white in Hip-Hop or else all those other guys I mentioned wouldn't have failed to come close to rap royalty.
Old 08-04-2020, 01:29 AM   #62
Emancee

Quote:
Eminem wouldn't have been less successful if he was black imo. Before Eminem you had guys like Everlast, Vanilla Ice, Miilkbone, Kid Rock who were each signed to major labels. Why weren't they as popular as Eminem? Because they weren't as talented as rappers. And after Eminem major labels distributed loads of white rappers, such as Bubba Sparxxx, Limp Bizkit, Crazytown, Flobots, OPM etc, and none had particularly successful or celebrated Hip-Hop careers. They were all gifted the same opportunities as Eminem, why did they fail? Because they weren't as talented as Eminem as rappers. So it's not that advantageous to be a white in Hip-Hop or else all those other guys I mentioned wouldn't have failed to come close to rap royalty.
One telling example is Cage. Cage rapped similar to Eminem, but lacked the demented humor, multis and storytelling. The result? Pretty much only hardcore fans know who Cage is. Eminem was very marketable, but for more reasons than just skin color.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:12 AM   #63
My Kall

Quote:
One telling example is Cage. Cage rapped similar to Eminem, but lacked the demented humor, multis and storytelling. The result? Pretty much only hardcore fans know who Cage is. Eminem was very marketable, but for more reasons than just skin color.
Cage was actually really dope, he was much more talented than all the white rappers I compared Eminem to in my last post. I think Cage was too unorthodox and abstract to cross-over, and like you suggested he lacked Eminem's charisma, rhythmic cadences, high-tempo energetic flows etc.

I also think Eminem's selection of beats were very pop oriented sonically, which contributed to his success. The beats Cage selected were very jarring, distorted and industrial sounding, the opposite of what pop audiences find palatable.
Old 08-06-2020, 02:29 AM   #64
Emancee

Quote:
I also think Eminem's selection of beats were very pop oriented sonically, which contributed to his success. The beats Cage selected were very jarring, distorted and industrial sounding, the opposite of what pop audiences find palatable.
He was also lumped in with the emo crowd during his I Never Knew You phase. Many hiphoppers kinda considered that he had turned his back on hip hop and gone full rockstar emo. I remember having a few conversations where admitting you enjoyed Cage would be followed by yeah, but...

Definitely agree with you about his skills though. Agent Orange and Medicated Minutes showed how incredible his writing could be at times. 'cafe on stage/ so many biters I perform in a shark cage' is definitely one of my favorite multis.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:56 AM   #65
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Cage and his crew, and Outsidahz from Jersey is who Em and D12 wanted to be
why can't yall see it

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 08-08-2020, 03:02 AM   #66
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Cage and his crew, and Outsidahz from Jersey is who Em and D12 wanted to be
why can't yall see it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZWbhqcg7Ss
that is pretty dope
Old 08-08-2020, 03:32 AM   #67
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
that is pretty dope
Profess......
Why can't whitey see it?
They always need a Tarzan

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 08-08-2020, 03:46 AM   #68
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Profess......
Why can't whitey see it?
They always need a Tarzan
Hmmmm not sure what you mean. Is the Tarzan character a guy that should be black put is played by a white guy to appeal to a mass audience?

I skimmed the wiki entry and it sounded like he was just a white guy that got lost in the jungle. Does that make a difference?

In the video of Cage and his group the first guy that was rapping was black. I actually only watched a minute of that and thought that guys was dope and liked the beat when it kicked in. But I just referred to them as Cage and his group so perhaps that is telling.

Are you disagreeing with those in this thread that are saying that Eminem is only a mega star because he is white? I think there is something to be said about being white being a disadvantage in the rap game, but when the chasm of being above average is crossed.. being white becomes an advantatge in the rap game... I think that is worth discussion

Ultimately, people in general want to see someone that looks similar to them rise to the top. For example, the large # of black people that were thrilled when Obama became president
Old 08-08-2020, 03:47 AM   #69
Profess
I am the Chef

@rmbva.. are race relation threads the most popping topics on this board?
Old 08-08-2020, 04:11 AM   #70
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
Hmmmm not sure what you mean. Is the Tarzan character a guy that should be black put is played by a white guy to appeal to a mass audience?

I skimmed the wiki entry and it sounded like he was just a white guy that got lost in the jungle. Does that make a difference?

In the video of Cage and his group the first guy that was rapping was black. I actually only watched a minute of that and thought that guys was dope and liked the beat when it kicked in. But I just referred to them as Cage and his group so perhaps that is telling.

Are you disagreeing with those in this thread that are saying that Eminem is only a mega star because he is white? I think there is something to be said about being white being a disadvantage in the rap game, but when the chasm of being above average is crossed.. being white becomes an advantatge in the rap game... I think that is worth discussion

Ultimately, people in general want to see someone that looks similar to them rise to the top. For example, the large # of black people that were thrilled when Obama became president
Are you out your cotton-picking mind?
I knew that nigga was Gay-First before he would help niggaz.
Not a Biden/Obama/Hillary fan at all
On my last month of EBT
Cmon Orange Man, Fuck that bunker

back to rap.....

Cage and weathermen were NYC favorite battlers/freestylers. Detroit was on their (pause) Em completely stole his style and had D12/Royce and them niggaz on that psychotic/suicidal/drug addicted rap style. A Jew like Em stealing? Not possible right? right?
Cage would have been Em - If Em didn't have Rosenberg (manager)
do your research - Cage was bigger than him even after the Rap Olympics

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 08-08-2020, 04:19 AM   #71
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
@rmbva.. are race relation threads the most popping topics on this board?
Race has never been a problem in all things in America
Why marginalize?
I don't even see color

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 08-08-2020, 04:23 AM   #72
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
On my last month of EBT

back to rap.....

Cage and weathermen were NYC favorite battlers/freestylers. Detroit was on their (pause) Em completely stole his style and had D12/Royce and them niggaz on that psychotic/suicidal/drug addicted rap style. A Jew like Em stealing? Not possible right? right?
The whole Slim Shady EP is an attempt to rap like Cage/Weathermen

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 08-08-2020, 04:46 AM   #73
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
On my last month of EBT

back to rap.....

Hahaha.. I know to you're not a Democrat.. I also know that you know a lot of black people were happy with Obama being elected just because of who he was.

About Eminem/ Cage.. I didn't start listening to Eminem until the slim shady album.. I got into his back ground when the Marshal Mathers album came out. So I knew who Cage was because they threw jabs at each other. But at that time Em was clearly a bigger star. I also liked Cage thought the Smut Peddlers put out a great album. But to be honest.. when those guys were coming up I wasn't tuned into underground music. But yeah, I went back and listened to Em's pre slim shady album and freestyles.. I'm pretty sure every battle rap fan of a certain age did that. Anyway, it's good that you point out that Cage was the bigger name when they were coming up.. I've heard that but it's not something I've looked into super deep. Did Cage collaborate with Necro.. if I recall correctly, people were playing Necro tracks for shock value.. and Eminem was more of a pop star that had technical abilities. But 8 Mile came out not too long after Eminem's rise to the top.. and that movie really took over the narrative
Old 08-08-2020, 05:04 AM   #74
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
Hahaha.. I know to you're not a Democrat.. I also know that you know a lot of black people were happy with Obama being elected just because of who he was.

About Eminem/ Cage.. I didn't start listening to Eminem until the slim shady album.. I got into his back ground when the Marshal Mathers album came out. So I knew who Cage was because they threw jabs at each other. But at that time Em was clearly a bigger star. I also liked Cage thought the Smut Peddlers put out a great album. But to be honest.. when those guys were coming up I wasn't tuned into underground music. But yeah, I went back and listened to Em's pre slim shady album and freestyles.. I'm pretty sure every battle rap fan of a certain age did that. Anyway, it's good that you point out that Cage was the bigger name when they were coming up.. I've heard that but it's not something I've looked into super deep. Did Cage collaborate with Necro.. if I recall correctly, people were playing Necro tracks for shock value.. and Eminem was more of a pop star that had technical abilities. But 8 Mile came out not too long after Eminem's rise to the top.. and that movie really took over the narrative
Necro, Bill, Cage? Cmon it was a whole white struggle for them to "Mobb Deep" it and white wash it. I guess (Everlast) by the way my niggga! Failed white people. Too Irish. Gotta get more Ashkenazi and Kosher. Em was perfect timing. I am on child support also. I hate my "baby moms" I am a drug addict. But wait, I am white also? Niggaz fall for the carrot and donkey trick all the time. smh

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 08-08-2020, 05:09 AM   #75
Profess
I am the Chef

Actually, the smear against Vanilla Ice where his managers put out the fake story about his background and he got clowned by Arsenio Hall. So before that white rappers hadn't been in the spotlight. After that they were a complete joke.. So the point I'm making is that Em had street cred based on his Dr Dre co-sign. I think that is what made Eminem a star and white people loved him and had proof he wasn't a cornball because the guy who made The Chronic fucked with him
Old 08-08-2020, 05:12 AM   #76
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Necro, Bill, Cage? Cmon it was a whole white struggle for them to "Mobb Deep" it and white wash it. I guess (Everlast) by the way my niggga! Failed white people. Too Irish. Gotta get more Ashkenazi and Kosher. Em was perfect timing. I am on child support also. I hate my "baby moms" I am a drug addict. But wait, I am white also? Niggaz fall for the carrot and donkey trick all the time. smh
I still listen to a hand full of House of Pain tracks on a regular basis.. their beats are fire.. ... Would you agree whites tried to claim Cypress Hill?
Old 08-08-2020, 05:15 AM   #77
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
Actually, the smear against Vanilla Ice where his managers put out the fake story about his background and he got clowned by Arsenio Hall. So before that white rappers hadn't been in the spotlight. After that they were a complete joke.. So the point I'm making is that Em had street cred based on his Dr Dre co-sign. I think that is what made Eminem a star and white people loved him and had proof he wasn't a cornball because the guy who made The Chronic fucked with him
See where are you going with this....
Proof (goon/BMF/streets) mixed with Industry (Dre) could be something.
But this is about rap. I only attack Em for flow stealing. Think of Pac's (young black male song) on 2pacalypse. He clearly admitted he ripped off Spice 1's one's flow (a nigga gots no heart) Where is Shady's humility? He clearly is a rip off of the people he surrounded himself with. Will they ever get acknowledged?
There was nothing really special about his flow. All battle rappers (especially Mid-West) were known to rap words fast that didn't rhyme. Em's cadence and subject matter was all stolen mixed with a midwest flow. Not hating whitey. Kanye raps likes consequence but uses his accent to combine words. These people are not that great!

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary

Last edited by Ass Napkin Ed; 08-08-2020 at 05:20 AM.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:19 AM   #78
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Don't forget MC Search. Remember that show in like 2007 called the White rapper that he hosted? And his pop goes the weasel single from the 90's... The theme of that song was clowning Vanilla Ice.. Third Base had good beats but Search also struck me as someone trying too hard... That latent opinion was really reinforced when the white rapper show came out
Old 08-08-2020, 05:23 AM   #79
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Cage was an original.
He kinda started rapping about killing people multi-syllabical
you never heard that kind of battle rapper before Cage

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 08-08-2020, 05:24 AM   #80
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
Don't forget MC Search. Remember that show in like 2007 called the White rapper that he hosted? And his pop goes the weasel single from the 90's... The theme of that song was clowning Vanilla Ice.. Third Base had good beats but Search also struck me as someone trying too hard... That latent opinion was really reinforced when the white rapper show came out
More Jewish rappers?
is you woke nigga?

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary

Tags
nick cannon