Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
The whole you are a guest in hip-hop thing

Old 08-08-2020, 05:25 AM   #81
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Mentioned: 523 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
remember Cage was actually in psych wards for years.
He started that crazy whiteboy medication rap
Em is a sucker

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 05:28 AM   #82
Profess
I am the Chef

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Napkin Ed View Post
See where are you going with this....
Proof (goon/BMF/streets) mixed with Industry (Dre) could be something.
But this is about rap. I only attack Em for flow stealing. Think of Pac's (young black male song) on 2pacalypse. He clearly admitted he ripped off Spice 1's one's flow (a nigga gots no heart) Where is Shady's humility? He clearly is a rip off of the people he surrounded himself with. Will they ever get acknowledged?
There was nothing really special about his flow. All battle rappers (especially Mid-West) were known to rap words fast that didn't rhyme. Em's cadence and subject matter was all stolen mixed with a midwest flow. Not hating whitey. Kanye raps likes consequence but uses his accent to combine words. These people are not that great!
The 90's are often lauded as an era where everyone had a unique style. But as time has gone on it seems like biting is less of a crime. I can't really speak on Em acknowledging those that influenced him. In a way dissing Cage is a way of acknowledging him. But I'm curious if Eminem's Cage disses were in response to Cage and his fans/ associates mocking Eminy for flow stealing. Are you saying Eminem listened to Dubbed Cage tapes in his trailer park home and invented his style based off that or when Eminem was traveling around he bumped into Cage on the circuit, broke bread, and studied his style.
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 05:28 AM   #83
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
@Profess
got damn nigga
why can't you see the larger picture?
you in the UK right?

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 08-08-2020, 05:31 AM   #84
Profess
I am the Chef

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Cage was an original.
He kinda started rapping about killing people multi-syllabical
you never heard that kind of battle rapper before Cage
Is there a Cage album you reccomend?
I just went to his wiki page.. says he was born in Germany before moving to New York. I wonder if he is s military child or real European
Old 08-08-2020, 05:32 AM   #85
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
The 90's are often lauded as an era where everyone had a unique style. But as time has gone on it seems like biting is less of a crime. I can't really speak on Em acknowledging those that influenced him. In a way dissing Cage is a way of acknowledging him. But I'm curious if Eminem's Cage disses were in response to Cage and his fans/ associates mocking Eminy for flow stealing. Are you saying Eminem listened to Dubbed Cage tapes in his trailer park home and invented his style based off that or when Eminem was traveling around he bumped into Cage on the circuit, broke bread, and studied his style.
Man....
Em slept on sofas, airbeds, in NY and NJ to be close to Cage. Cage was a white guy with street cred and a charlie manson type. That horror core midwest/ICP shit is real out there. Em wanted to be Pacewon/Cage coming up. Self-Depreciating rap style but killing their opponent also (Hi Bashir)

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 08-08-2020, 05:36 AM   #86
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
Is there a Cage album you reccomend?
I just went to his wiki page.. says he was born in Germany before moving to New York. I wonder if he is s military child or real European
Germany. than upstate NY
a real crazy fuck (who is that white nigga that used to shit on stage? my nigga GG)
a crazy life
Marshall kinda jacked his story. Em used to wanna be Nas (infinite)
what do i know?
but white people have never stolen anything - so he good
exterminate all native americans - but wait the holocaust is wrong

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary

Last edited by Ass Napkin Ed; 08-08-2020 at 05:40 AM.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:39 AM   #87
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
@Profess
got damn nigga
why can't you see the larger picture?
you in the UK right?
Not sure what you mean. I'll buy that Eminem bit Cage's style. I'm saying that I knew of Eminem doing it before I knew of Cage doing it. And when I got into Cage I liked him but his work blurred with the other Smut Peddlers and Eastern Conference.. so I don't really see him as an individual. I'm in the US lol
Old 08-08-2020, 05:43 AM   #88
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Man....
Em slept on sofas, airbeds, in NY and NJ to be close to Cage. Cage was a white guy with street cred and a charlie manson type. That horror core midwest/ICP shit is real out there. Em wanted to be Pacewon/Cage coming up. Self-Depreciating rap style but killing their opponent also (Hi Bashir)
That's crazy.. did Cage know of Eminem when he was sleeping on sofas. Are you talking pre-Eminem doing "Any Man" on Soundbombiing?
Old 08-08-2020, 05:43 AM   #89
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
Not sure what you mean. I'll buy that Eminem bit Cage's style. I'm saying that I knew of Eminem doing it before I knew of Cage doing it. And when I got into Cage I liked him but his work blurred with the other Smut Peddlers and Eastern Conference.. so I don't really see him as an individual. I'm in the US lol
Iowa? nigga

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 08-08-2020, 05:44 AM   #90
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
That's crazy.. did Cage know of Eminem when he was sleeping on sofas. Are you talking pre-Eminem doing "Any Man" on Soundbombiing?
pre EM before the Illuminati

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 08-08-2020, 05:47 AM   #91
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Iowa? nigga
Iowa City woot woot
Old 08-08-2020, 05:50 AM   #92
My Kall

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia

He omitted every single rapper we've all compared Eminem to in this thread, but here's Eminem paying homage to his influences.
My Kall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 05:52 AM   #93
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
Iowa City woot woot
you're all gay
and like Obama I need to support you, well because I am black and blacks gays now matter smh
In DC - Black Knives Matter
shoutout Jose at Home Depot

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 08-08-2020, 05:56 AM   #94
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
you're all gay
and like Obama I need to support you, well because I am black and blacks gays now matter smh
In DC - Black Knives Matter
shoutout Jose at Home Depot
Don't project your homosexuality on us. Ruff day, Eddie?
Old 08-08-2020, 05:58 AM   #95
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kall View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_y2F8KjMTg

He omitted every single rapper we've all compared Eminem to in this thread, but here's Eminem paying homage to his influences.
presient link.. I've heard him mention Kool g rap a couple of times. No mention of Cage hmmm
Old 08-08-2020, 05:59 AM   #96
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
Don't project your homosexuality on us. Ruff day, Eddie?
I pray I could wake up and be gay life would be a lot easier
Black women aint shit
like a wallet with legs

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 08-08-2020, 06:02 AM   #97
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
I pray I could wake up and be gay life would be a lot easier
Black women aint shit
like a wallet with legs
Oh are you going thru a divorce or something? Sorry to hear that bro
Old 08-08-2020, 06:05 AM   #98
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

women now are throwing me pussy knowing my situation.
They are only here to fuck yo- your life up bro.
Put that Magneto helmet on now and you just will cripple X professor in a wheelchair and his old school hoe
A young Mystique? blue pussy? he a fag

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary

Last edited by Ass Napkin Ed; 08-08-2020 at 06:10 AM.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:38 AM   #99
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
women now are throwing me pussy knowing my situation.
They are only here to fuck yo- your life up bro.
Put that Magneto helmet on now and you just will cripple X professor in a wheelchair and his old school hoe
A young Mystique? blue pussy? he a fag
Shout out old-school avatar/ sneak disses I disavow
btw
Mystique fine/ she aint now cow
Ed going xmen and MGTOW

Old 08-08-2020, 06:40 AM   #100
My Kall

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
presient link.. I've heard him mention Kool g rap a couple of times. No mention of Cage hmmm
I can detect Kool G Rap, Rakim and Treach's influence from a technical perspective and NWA's influence from a thematic perspective. But you can tell that all the other inclusions were just rappers he respected, rather than people he's a very direct derivative from.

Last edited by My Kall; 08-08-2020 at 08:21 AM.
My Kall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 07:59 AM   #101
Emancee

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

It's questionable. I don't remember anyone really talking about Cage until Movies for the Blind came out and that buzz was after Eminem's.I also don't think that style is as unique as Cage claims. As many people have pointed out KoolG Rap did it on Talk Like Sex, for example. Hell even Biggie played with a similar style on Ready to Die. It seems like after Eminem blew that Cage suddenly became obsessed and honestly I think it cost him.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...

Last edited by Emancee; 08-08-2020 at 08:22 AM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 09:41 AM   #102
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
But I'm curious if Eminem's Cage disses were in response to Cage and his fans/ associates mocking Eminy for flow stealing.
Honestly I think it was the fact that Em blew up. With both of them on the circuit at the same time,I get the feeling that if Cage had blown, it would have been Eminem's fans calling him a biter.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Old 08-08-2020, 11:21 AM   #103
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
Shout out old-school avatar/ sneak disses I disavow
btw
Mystique fine/ she aint now cow
Ed going xmen and MGTOW

Nigga dont you ever talk about wifey like that again (Mystique)
But Townhouse no matter what is still supporting the Nabisco Heebie Geebie (Marshall) here.
This is the main reason why Keebler is blinded by the light.
What happened to yall?

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary

Last edited by Ass Napkin Ed; 08-08-2020 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:29 AM   #104
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 422 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Honestly I think it was the fact that Em blew up. With both of them on the circuit at the same time,I get the feeling that if Cage had blown, it would have been Eminem's fans calling him a biter.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 12:56 PM   #105
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
Eminem is clearly biting the Sugar Hill Gang here lol... damn haven't heard that one in years.. completely forgot about it.. dope track
Old 08-08-2020, 01:00 PM   #106
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
Haha! M&M-era Eminem. You can really hear the Treach influence on this one.

You can kinda hear the Eminem that M&M would come on Backstabber though. He doesn't have the humor yet, but the rest sounds like a raw Eminem.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:04 PM   #107
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Nigga dont you ever talk about wifey like that again (Mystique)
But Townhouse no matter what is still supporting the Nabisco Heebie Geebie (Marshall) here.
This is the main reason why Keebler is blinded by the light.
What happened to yall?
You don't have a voice in what I say or can't
OTBVA theory is Ed is a feminist plant
Quit it with the racial slurs/ your beats are like what Nick Cannon sampled
Beg for mercy barbarian and you might not get cancelled
Old 08-08-2020, 01:08 PM   #108
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
That's more in line with how I remember things
Old 08-08-2020, 01:11 PM   #109
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
It's questionable. I don't remember anyone really talking about Cage until Movies for the Blind came out and that buzz was after Eminem's.I also don't think that style is as unique as Cage claims. As many people have pointed out KoolG Rap did it on Talk Like Sex, for example. Hell even Biggie played with a similar style on Ready to Die. It seems like after Eminem blew that Cage suddenly became obsessed and honestly I think it cost him.
Is Movies for the Blind good?

Well it was just said that Cage was in mental institutions so that can be an indicator of someone who'd become obsessive
Old 08-08-2020, 01:32 PM   #110
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
i feel like i've heard Cage's dad shot his mom in front of Cage or some crazy shit like that, probably reason enough to become a mental case. but yeah seeing a dude who was doing the same thing as you (in Cage's perception anyway) blow the FUCK up while nothing much happens for you gotta suck too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:09 PM   #111
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Diary View Post
i feel like i've heard Cage's dad shot his mom in front of Cage or some crazy shit like that, probably reason enough to become a mental case. but yeah seeing a dude who was doing the same thing as you (in Cage's perception anyway) blow the FUCK up while nothing much happens for you gotta suck too.
You can read about it in the Phoenix New Times article:

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/music/cage-6399847

He didn't kill the mother, but was so based up on H that he held them all at gunpoint.

Cage's bad luck is just weird to read about, they tried to make a movie about it, but it was probably too unbelievable...
Old 08-08-2020, 02:31 PM   #112
Emancee

Quote:
Is Movies for the Blind good?

Well it was just said that Cage was in mental institutions so that can be an indicator of someone who'd become obsessive
In my honest opinion, it's too all over the place to be a classic. I also find Cage's vocal style a little grating after a few songs. It has some crazy moments though. I remember when Agent Orange with those Clockwork Orange stylings came out with that insane chorus:

Honestly, though Agent Orange is the only track that still gets play on that album at least for me.

You can, however, hear why he accused Eminem of biting him on the second verse of Teenage Death:

However, if you compare Teenage Death (Which was later) with the style that Cage used on Agent Orange, you can hear that Cage himself switched up his style too. So who influenced who is kinda the question.

Honestly, I could believe that Eminem heard Cage and thought that if he took that style to an extreme and chucked in a ton of multis, it would make something new. Eminem was far more memorable for everyone. I'd heard the Agent Orange single, but still remember buying everything I could get my hands on of Eminem when he first came out.

That's often the way in hiphop as one rapper opens the door, only to see no dough and someone else to blow up.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:35 PM   #113
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
In my honest opinion, it's too all over the place to be a classic. I also find Cage's vocal style a little grating after a few songs. It has some crazy moments though. I remember when Agent Orange with those Clockwork Orange stylings came out with that insane chorus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rh0c-ws8ZM

Honestly, though Agent Orange is the only track that still gets play on that album at least for me.

You can, however, hear why he accused Eminem of biting him on the second verse of Teenage Death:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwbmN9mo0t8

However, if you compare Teenage Death (Which was later) with the style that Cage used on Agent Orange, you can hear that Cage himself switched up his style too. So who influenced who is kinda the question.

Honestly, I could believe that Eminem heard Cage and thought that if he took that style to an extreme and chucked in a ton of multis, it would make something new. Eminem was far more memorable for everyone. I'd heard the Agent Orange single, but still remember buying everything I could get my hands on of Eminem when he first came out.

That's often the way in hiphop as one rapper opens the door, only to see no dough and someone else to blow up.
The YouTube comments a good in that video. Someone days Em & Cage were both influenced by Redman's early style. I've heard Eminem pay homage to Redman in the past . Thanks for the link
Old 08-09-2020, 12:34 AM   #114
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
You don't have a voice in what I say or can't
OTBVA theory is Ed is a feminist plant
Quit it with the racial slurs/ your beats are like what Nick Cannon sampled
Beg for mercy barbarian and you might not get cancelled
You go girrrrrl!
Feminism like BLM is destroying Amerikkka

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 08-09-2020, 12:53 AM   #115
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
You go girrrrrl!
Feminism like BLM is destroying Amerikkka
Old 08-09-2020, 02:40 AM   #116
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
OK for the founding fathers to promote genocide on Natives to make America great
But Hitler is bad?

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 08-09-2020, 03:10 AM   #117
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
OK for the founding fathers to promote genocide on Natives to make America great
But Hitler is bad?

Oh, you're resorting to a straw man argument now. You're really making yourself look dumb. Give it a rest little boy
Old 08-09-2020, 03:17 AM   #118
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
Oh, you're resorting to a straw man argument now. You're really making yourself look dumb. Give it a rest little boy
where did I lie?
Kill all the so called Indians because we need the country to be great
Kill all the ( ) we need Germany to be great
one is wrong but one is right?

please your thoughts Boss?

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 08-09-2020, 03:32 AM   #119
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
where did I lie?
Kill all the so called Indians because we need the country to be great
Kill all the ( ) we need Germany to be great
one is wrong but one is right?

please your thoughts Boss?
Don't put the burden of proof on me employee.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:37 AM   #120
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
Don't put the burden of proof on me employee.
More evasion
acting just like the single mother that raised him

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary

Tags
nick cannon