Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
My expert opinion ep#58: "avocado & j murda"

Old 10-12-2020, 05:15 AM   #1
Profess
I am the Chef

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
My expert opinion ep#58: "avocado & j murda"

Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 01:54 PM   #2
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 422 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
theres ads every like 5 min yikes

good looks tho

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 05:03 PM   #3
Profess
I am the Chef

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
theres ads every like 5 min yikes

good looks tho
Youtube Premium is great for getting rid of ads and a few other things. That said, YTP can't get rid of the beard elixir ad that Math does in-video as part of MEO's diamond promotional package.
Old 10-12-2020, 05:10 PM   #4
Profess
I am the Chef

Listening to Avo rehash his talking points such as "I completely understand why Verb is mad at me," "I'm here to listen," and "I grew up in a racist household" etc reminds me of this Sam Hyde video where he crashes a Ted Talk and lampoons the technocrats and many of their buzzwords such as "we let the data tell a story."

Whatever happened to that rmbva guy that aspired to make battle rap animations? I think he uses the discord now. Anyway, Avo's talking points are ripe for lampooning.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:52 AM   #5
Emancee

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Listening to Avo rehash his talking points such as "I completely understand why Verb is mad at me," "I'm here to listen," and "I grew up in a racist household" etc reminds me of this Sam Hyde video where he crashes a Ted Talk and lampoons the technocrats and many of their buzzwords such as "we let the data tell a story."

Whatever happened to that rmbva guy that aspired to make battle rap animations? I think he uses the discord now. Anyway, Avo's talking points are ripe for lampooning.
Yeah, lol. I'm not sure what Avo should be doing, but his current approach is pretty cringe to watch. I had to turn off the video because of it. It's this very lack of self awareness that always made him ripe for a backlash.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 03:08 AM   #6
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Yeah, lol. I'm not sure what Avo should be doing, but his current approach is pretty cringe to watch. I had to turn off the video because of it. It's this very lack of self awareness that always made him ripe for a backlash.
Guy gets caught laughing and egging on tasteless remarks. Responds by citing B-Dot's "insightful" point that 'all white people are inherently racist.'. But he has changed in the past six years because he donates a proton of the proceeds from his superchat to BLM. This guy must have loved Bill Burr's recent SNL appearance
Old 10-13-2020, 03:30 AM   #7
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
5char

Last edited by Feral Linguist; 10-13-2020 at 11:17 AM.
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 02:38 PM   #8
bobbylight

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
bobbylight is better than Grind Time Australiabobbylight is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Guy gets caught laughing and egging on tasteless remarks. Responds by citing B-Dot's "insightful" point that 'all white people are inherently racist.'. But he has changed in the past six years because he donates a proton of the proceeds from his superchat to BLM. This guy must have loved Bill Burr's recent SNL appearance
Bill Burr's SNL monologue was funny. I can accept all white people are inherently racist if you can just agree all people are inherently racist. If not that is a no go from me.

When I saw the 24/7 and avo video, it seemed more like they were drunk and just saying outrageous shit knowing it was outlandish and wasn't actually in line with their views. Tasteless sure, but I don't think that either 24/7 or avo are racist.
bobbylight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 04:16 PM   #9
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbylight View Post
Bill Burr's SNL monologue was funny. I can accept all white people are inherently racist if you can just agree all people are inherently racist. If not that is a no go from me.

When I saw the 24/7 and avo video, it seemed more like they were drunk and just saying outrageous shit knowing it was outlandish and wasn't actually in line with their views. Tasteless sure, but I don't think that either 24/7 or avo are racist.
I don't think that they are racist either. I didn't see Burr's monologue- I mentioned it because I'd just heard it was a good example of white guilt.

Sure, I don't think saying that whites and blacks equally racist (is that what you mean?) is an outlandish statement. What I find hypocritical is Avo saying that all white people are racist, and then saying that he isn't racist.
Old 10-13-2020, 06:34 PM   #10
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
I don't think that they are racist either. I didn't see Burr's monologue- I mentioned it because I'd just heard it was a good example of white guilt.

Sure, I don't think saying that whites and blacks equally racist (is that what you mean?) is an outlandish statement. What I find hypocritical is Avo saying that all white people are racist, and then saying that he isn't racist.
Maybe he meant all white people are “inherently racist” and he used to be racist but is no longer? Cause honestly he can’t be stupid enough to think he’s not racist while all white people are racist.

Again, ALL people are inherently racist... it’s basically up to Them whether they want to change or not.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 10-13-2020, 06:51 PM   #11
bobbylight

bobbylight is better than Grind Time Australiabobbylight is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Maybe he meant all white people are “inherently racist” and he used to be racist but is no longer? Cause honestly he can’t be stupid enough to think he’s not racist while all white people are racist.

Again, ALL people are inherently racist... it’s basically up to Them whether they want to change or not.
Trying to get rid of "inherent racism" can be a double edged sword. All of a sudden when you used to just shoot the shit with coworkers or friends not even considering their race, all of a sudden you are woke and now the fact that you guys are different races is on your mind and you are trying to make sure you aren't being racist or saying anything stupid...something you likely didn't do before to begin with. Like it can add a level of unnecessary awkwardness to interactions.

I think it really comes down to being mindful of your thoughts, actions, and motivations behind them. But this is not an easy task.
bobbylight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:46 PM   #12
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:

That's a good point. I take “inherently" to mean by nature, but isn't it up for debate if someone can change their nature? I think we discussed this before, and I landed on the belief that there is a difference between tasteless remarks and acts of racism such as not hiring someone for a job based on race or giving them a bad mortgage loan or blocking their access to housing.

So I think Avo was never racist, and he is selling out the whole white race as racists (which is a lie) in order to justify his mistakes.

In other words, I think someone can become more classy and not cheer racial jokes, but someone that engages in economic sabatague.. less likely.

Last edited by Profess; 10-13-2020 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:00 PM   #13
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
That's a good point. I take “inherently" to mean by nature, but isn't it up for debate if someone can change their nature? I think we discussed this before, and I landed on the belief that there is a difference between tasteless remarks and acts of racism such as not hiring someone for a job based on race or giving them a bad mortgage loan or blocking their access to housing.

So I think Avo was never racist, and he is selling out the whole white race as racists (which is a lie) in order to justify his mistakes.

In other words, I think someone can become more classy and not cheer racial jokes, but someone that engages in economic sabatague.. less likely.
i always took it as you are born racist and if youre consciously being mindful to not be offensive racially then youre not objectively racist. of course there is perception as well as what you think about yourself. like bobby said, if youre "mindful" and mean well...you probably wont be considered "racist". there are always exceptions of course though.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 10-14-2020, 09:32 AM   #14
rogermellie

rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
I didn't see Burr's monologue- I mentioned it because I'd just heard it was a good example of white guilt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
It's a fact that The Saurus didn't back down and let Pat Stay be the alpha male and all of that has a FACTUAL basis in primate psychology.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 04:41 PM   #15
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
Did you see it? Curious what you think.

Tags
8217, 8220, 8221