Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Announcement Battle Addict - Episode 20: THE HIT!

Old 02-20-2014, 05:44 PM   #201
Memphis
Coon

Mentioned: 410 Post(s)
Memphis is not the worst person
Memorizing one verse is not that bad just look at it for a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2014, 05:45 PM   #202
TYPE_Z
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
TYPE_Z is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun So Big View Post
shouldve just played a recording of yourself through the phone
Haha I actually thought about doing that tbh

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
TYPE_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:51 PM   #203
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 640 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Quote:
i did that in my first battle against PJ

i memorized my bars for roddy and golden flamez though
yeah I was just think what Hollow once said. He feels like if he practiced way too much it's like it comes out sounding like he's reading his bars outta a book. With less practice he can make his bars come out more freely and the way it should sound personality wise. I thought if I did the same I could make it sound like the way I planned it. I am just glad I didn't fucked up my last minute and half of bars cause that was my hardest shit.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:52 PM   #204
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYPE_Z View Post
Haha I actually thought about doing that tbh

I could of done that but I wanted to test myself a bit. This battle was a fair fight.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
Old 02-20-2014, 06:12 PM   #205
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 943 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Just peeped the 4 battles.... Every single one delivered. Best event yet. @vokab206 was my MVP. Oh and @I am LIL ILL I had you edging your battle even with the slip ups.
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:32 PM   #206
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
Just peeped the 4 battles.... Every single one delivered. Best event yet. @vokab206 was my MVP. Oh and @I am LIL ILL I had you edging your battle even with the slip ups.
thanks man I only really slipped up on one line a lot a bit cause I fucked up my scrolling down to my next set of bars. It's whatever it's not a big deal. I really liked Type Z vs. Vokab. I think it actually was the very last battle on the show and Vokab said something like falling asleep at your works company meetings while your child is stuck at home hungry and theething <<< I cracked up after I heard that bar and was like Damnnnn!!!! and he had the price is right noise played right after. Funny shit dude! But Type Z sounded like Detour and I wasn't feeling his bars Other than that SBOfficial vs. Memphis and 18th Letter vs. Golden Flamez both equally had great performances.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:34 PM   #207
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

sucks we didn't get to hear @SonnyDaze vs LaughNStalk. I did hear LaughNstalk before on KOTD but he got ripped up by the other dude and the other dude wasn't even trying hard.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:08 PM   #208
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Thanks fellas. I take my craft seriously. Not sure if I win the MVP or whatnot but I'd be down to battle Danny on air if that was offered.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:16 PM   #209
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokab206 View Post
Thanks fellas. I take my craft seriously. Not sure if I win the MVP or whatnot but I'd be down to battle Danny on air if that was offered.
yeah I wonder that same thing myself cause who is Danny gunna be facing? It might be SBoffical
Old 02-20-2014, 07:24 PM   #210
Laugh N' Stalk
Butt Sweat Brett

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Laugh N' Stalk is better than Grind Time AustraliaLaugh N' Stalk is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
shouldve just played a recording of yourself through the phone
I suggested recording my verse in one take over the phone since I couldn't be available for air time. But I think they wanted to keep things

LIVE

@DrLaughNStalk on Twitter
Laugh N' Stalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #211
Laugh N' Stalk
Butt Sweat Brett

Laugh N' Stalk is better than Grind Time AustraliaLaugh N' Stalk is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
sucks we didn't get to hear @SonnyDaze vs LaughNStalk. I did hear LaughNstalk before on KOTD but he got ripped up by the other dude and the other dude wasn't even trying hard.

Old 02-20-2014, 07:29 PM   #212
GoldenFlamez
That Nigga

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
GoldenFlamez is not the worst person
I had a clean ass verse i pre recorded but i thought they would consider that cheating. What's up with that cypher show? i'm excited for that
GoldenFlamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:56 PM   #213
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laugh N' Stalk View Post
I don't even really care about that battle or if you lost or not. I just wanted to hear you vs Sonny Daze. What happened? I really wanted to hear both of you battle.

Last edited by I am LIL ILL; 02-20-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #214
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Quote:
I suggested recording my verse in one take over the phone since I couldn't be available for air time. But I think they wanted to keep things

LIVE
was Sonny Daze on the other line waiting for you or what or did he just hang up once you couldn't show up? What were you doing at the time? Why didn't you show up?
Old 02-20-2014, 08:01 PM   #215
Laugh N' Stalk
Butt Sweat Brett

Quote:
I don't even really care about that battle or if you lost or not. I just wanted to hear you vs Sonny Daze. What happened? I really wanted to hear both of you battle.
I couldn't get the time off work. Boring, but genuine, excuse. I was down with recording it with the hosts over the phone and them using the take whether or not I screwed up, or sending in a recorded version, but they said Sonny would rather reschedule and do it all on-air. It'll happen eventually, i'm sure.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:07 PM   #216
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Quote:
I couldn't get the time off work. Boring, but genuine, excuse. I was down with recording it with the hosts over the phone and them using the take whether or not I screwed up, or sending in a recorded version, but they said Sonny would rather reschedule and do it all on-air. It'll happen eventually, i'm sure.
oh that's cool. not bad man.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:13 PM   #217
el gordo
part time head turner..

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
el gordo is not the worst person
recap??

w/e
el gordo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:07 PM   #218
TYPE_Z
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
TYPE_Z is a PY Poster
Haha I suppose next time I should actually write for my opponent instead of throwing some pre-written bars together

TYPE_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:12 PM   #219
Pj13

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Pj13 is a PY Poster
"if it sounds like you're choking at the end of your verse your mother is choking you"

LIL ILL DE TRUTH

FOR DA KULTURE
Pj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:34 PM   #220
3Face
Banned

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
3Face is a PY Poster
taunting your opponent about choking while youre choking is never a good strategy

lil ill and golden flamez
3Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:44 PM   #221
GoldenFlamez
That Nigga

Quote:
taunting your opponent about choking while youre choking is never a good strategy

I technically wasn't choking tho. Choking is like when your stumbling thru your shit cause you forgot it or reading too fast or some shit like that. I physically couldn't get thru my shit cleanly that time no matter how hard i tried to force myself to say the word. Just didn't have enough saliva for it. (Pause) But the irony of it all is hilarious tho lol
Old 02-20-2014, 10:46 PM   #222
3Face
Banned

3Face is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenFlamez View Post
I technically wasn't choking tho. Choking is like when your stumbling thru your shit cause you forgot it or reading too fast or some shit like that. I physically couldn't get thru my shit cleanly that time no matter how hard i tried to force myself to say the word. Just didn't have enough saliva for it. (Pause) But the irony of it all is hilarious tho lol
thats exactly what happened to me when i choked against roddy though lol

i didnt forget anything.. not a single word.. i just couldnt get the words out because my mouth/throat was so dry
Old 02-20-2014, 10:56 PM   #223
GoldenFlamez
That Nigga

Quote:
thats exactly what happened to me when i choked against roddy though lol

i didnt forget anything.. not a single word.. i just couldnt get the words out because my mouth/throat was so dry
lol yea that shit sucks when u know you got your shit down. Didn't have that problem vs memphis cause i only had a 2 minute round in comparison to our 3 minute + rounds. But that was my fault, now i know to keep a water bottle close beforehand lol.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:01 AM   #224
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Quote:

wasn't choking a choke is not saying shit for 20 seconds. I stubbled a bit there's a difference.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:04 AM   #225
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Quote:
lol yea that shit sucks when u know you got your shit down. Didn't have that problem vs memphis cause i only had a 2 minute round in comparison to our 3 minute + rounds. But that was my fault, now i know to keep a water bottle close beforehand lol.
yeah it happens to the best of us. I could of not slipped up on nothing if I was sitting down and spitting but I was standing up and wasn't relaxed enough. I practiced before and didn't slip up. I think if you can still recover from a slip up and still keep on going perfectly it doesn't really matter as long as you got your bars out.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:23 AM   #226
GoldenFlamez
That Nigga

Quote:
yeah it happens to the best of us. I could of not slipped up on nothing if I was sitting down and spitting but I was standing up and wasn't relaxed enough. I practiced before and didn't slip up. I think if you can still recover from a slip up and still keep on going perfectly it doesn't really matter as long as you got your bars out.
Yea i wasn't sitting down comfortably either. But it was really the dry mouth that really effected me. You can tell the shit was pissing me off during the verse lol. I thought the barz i did get out cleanly were dope But if majority of the ppl dont think i did well then imma come back asap and give em a fire verse to make up for it.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:50 AM   #227
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Quote:
Yea i wasn't sitting down comfortably either. But it was really the dry mouth that really effected me. You can tell the shit was pissing me off during the verse lol. I thought the barz i did get out cleanly were dope But if majority of the ppl dont think i did well then imma come back asap and give em a fire verse to make up for it.
hell yeah man I'd be glad to hear you back on Battle Addict again. you had one of the most talked about battles on there.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:11 AM   #228
3Face
Banned

3Face is a PY Poster
lol a lot of excuses in this thread

but everybody deserves respect for having the balls to put themselves on the spot like that
Old 02-21-2014, 03:37 AM   #229
GoldenFlamez
That Nigga

I only got one excuse lol. Nothing else bothered me but that one thing. But I'm comfortable with what happened now that I've listened back. I was just saying if ppl didnt feel it than ill make up for it. If anything that's taking responsibility. I don't wanna sound like I think I lost tho cause I don't tbh (i have my reasons) but that's another debate for another day lol.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:38 AM   #230
SBOfficial
RUOfficial?

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
SBOfficial is not the worst person
My excuse.

I wasn't high.

I was feeling left out for a minute here guys.
SBOfficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:09 AM   #231
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOfficial View Post
My excuse.

I wasn't high.

I was feeling left out for a minute here guys.
you did actually pretty good in my book. outta the 8 people on there you are the top 5.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:13 AM   #232
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Quote:
I only got one excuse lol. Nothing else bothered me but that one thing. But I'm comfortable with what happened now that I've listened back. I was just saying if ppl didnt feel it than ill make up for it. If anything that's taking responsibility. I don't wanna sound like I think I lost tho cause I don't tbh (i have my reasons) but that's another debate for another day lol.
I don't really think it matters if you lost or won you still one of the top 5 that did their thing the best on the show. it was you and me and SBofficial and Vocab and the last guy is debatable that is the top 5. Our bars alone stood out the most.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:17 AM   #233
GoldenFlamez
That Nigga

Quote:
I don't really think it matters if you lost or won you still one of the top 5 that did their thing the best on the show. it was you and me and SBofficial and Vocab and the last guy is debatable that is the top 5. Our bars alone stood out the most.
Yea that's my point. I felt my shit still had an impact despite the rest of the shit. But yea I'm sure somebody will go on to battle Danny and that shit will be good no matter who. Battle addict is really Branding some good battlers. Ppl coming with their shit now. I just can't wait for the battle addict all star cypher. Imma show out for that shit!
Old 02-21-2014, 04:20 AM   #234
Bpayne

Mentioned: 265 Post(s)
Bpayne is a PY Poster
The cypher is a Good idea.. and I liked the Battle Royale one as well

Last edited by Bpayne; 02-21-2014 at 04:22 AM.
Bpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:23 AM   #235
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Love the cypher and battle royal ideas. @JeremyLambert88 and will be talking bout this

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:37 AM   #236
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Battle royal tournament would be sick. Would be nice to have a prize with that. Maybe have it be judged by a combo of the hosts and fan vote. I'm sure people would tune in and you'd be surprised who participates. I bet you can get some names for that.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:45 AM   #237
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

mmmmmm....
Old 02-21-2014, 05:04 AM   #238
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
What do y'all think the best format for a battle royal would be?
@I am LIL ILL @SonnyDaze @Laugh N' Stalk @vokab206 @GoldenFlamez @SBOfficial @TYPE_Z @Bpayne @Memphis @JeremyLambert88 @Ness Lee @ErikForeman. ..etc

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:13 AM   #239
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Sumroc View Post
What do y'all think the best format for a battle royal would be?
@I am LIL ILL @SonnyDaze @Laugh N' Stalk @vokab206 @GoldenFlamez @SBOfficial @TYPE_Z @Bpayne @Memphis @JeremyLambert88 @Ness Lee @ErikForeman. ..etc
is two on two possible? Survivor Series, themed battles ummm what am I missing?

Last edited by I am LIL ILL; 02-21-2014 at 05:20 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:14 AM   #240
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Let's keep our options open thoa. There might be more ideas...

Tags
8211, 8216, 8217, 8220, 8221, 8230, cesarobarsthough, hoffa