Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Uno Lavoz speaks on Organik/KOTD

Old 04-21-2019, 09:06 PM   #1
grandgroove

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Uno Lavoz speaks on Organik/KOTD

Can someone provide context to this? I’m too lazy to Twitter search, and I haven’t been on FB in several years.
grandgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 09:21 PM   #2
iamHBY

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandgroove View Post
https://youtu.be/duD2nZGHUXM

Can someone provide context to this? I’m too lazy to Twitter search, and I haven’t been on FB in several years.
For a time recently, all of Uno Lavoz’ KOTD battles got taken down, but now they’re back up.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 09:35 PM   #3
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 257 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I've always liked Uno
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:59 PM   #4
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
ya mom pussy got the steven seagull face

ya momma suck dick for nail clippers and giraffe meat

ya grandma so gangsta she got a subwoofer on her walkin stick

lookin like a glow in the dark slave

when that deuce dump i get that toy lit, when you see this can sir you gon smell da feet and it's gon be dad - so I'm in ya window to deter gents - what does that mean? i dunno

this man satirized the fuck out of battle rap. is funnier than anybody else and actually had a battle where he spit bars (vs jae laww same event as brizz v young x)

give him his props and best wishes!!!
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:44 AM   #5
grandgroove

grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
For a time recently, all of Uno Lavoz’ KOTD battles got taken down, but now they’re back up.

Oh wow. Was there a reason for this, or did it stem from their disagreement(s)?
Old 04-22-2019, 03:07 AM   #6
Emancee

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
They really need to give a lot more backstory on these. Genuinely haven't got a clue what any of this is about and don't care enough about Uno to find out...
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 03:58 AM   #7
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
If Gannik ever returns to the ring.. vs Lavos could be a decent clash
Old 04-22-2019, 05:26 AM   #8
Water Mage

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
Not sure about the details behind this but as for being "blackballed" by someone who you considered to be a close friend... What happened to Lavos matches up with my experience, losing a lot of Canadian friends in a passive and unexplained way....

I'll break it down for you... If you do something your Canadian friends don't like they just "blackball you".. ....suddenly you get treated completely differently and often a wall is put up without any explanation or discussion.. When I say "do something they don't like", I mean it doesn't need to be something big.. You could be "blackballed" without explanation for a very petty thing that is a minor annoyance that could easily be cleared up by addressing the minor annoyance directly.

Americans, by comparison, are much more likely to speak out if you do something they don't like. By speaking out directly and telling you what they don't like, they give you a chance to understand, respond, and change your ways to keep the relationship healthy... Not so for Canadians...

The biggest myth about Canadians? That we are friendly and nice. A lot of fake nice people in Canada but what I like about Americans they tend to be real with you, whether you like what they have to say or not. Canadians will try to describe (unfairly) the American frankness and assertiveness as "rude" or "boarish" which says more about Canadians than it does about Americans.

Last edited by Water Mage; 04-22-2019 at 05:35 AM.
Water Mage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:54 AM   #9
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
dude has literally hundreds of awesome comedy quotables. I have no idea why you'd shelve his battles.

His battles both on URL and vs Jonny Storm showed he could really step up if need be.

"Nigga ya mom's pussy has breast cancer".

Jesus.
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:02 AM   #10
god level

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
I've always liked Uno
been fux w uno maaan. idk y ppl hated him. Also Diggy Splash vs Spyder Murphy or Uno
god level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 03:59 PM   #11
SBOfficial
RUOfficial?

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
SBOfficial is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Not sure about the details behind this but as for being "blackballed" by someone who you considered to be a close friend... What happened to Lavos matches up with my experience, losing a lot of Canadian friends in a passive and unexplained way....

I'll break it down for you... If you do something your Canadian friends don't like they just "blackball you".. ....suddenly you get treated completely differently and often a wall is put up without any explanation or discussion.. When I say "do something they don't like", I mean it doesn't need to be something big.. You could be "blackballed" without explanation for a very petty thing that is a minor annoyance that could easily be cleared up by addressing the minor annoyance directly.

Americans, by comparison, are much more likely to speak out if you do something they don't like. By speaking out directly and telling you what they don't like, they give you a chance to understand, respond, and change your ways to keep the relationship healthy... Not so for Canadians...

The biggest myth about Canadians? That we are friendly and nice. A lot of fake nice people in Canada but what I like about Americans they tend to be real with you, whether you like what they have to say or not. Canadians will try to describe (unfairly) the American frankness and assertiveness as "rude" or "boarish" which says more about Canadians than it does about Americans.

Great perspective.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:20 PM   #12
Feral Linguist
otbva

Quote:

American born here who really fucks with canadians, i have met many while traveling and by far i consider you guys the best people, although I've met a couple exceptions. The thing you're describing in my experience is more applied to Aussies/Kiwis but enough of that, all of our experiences are relatively insignificant with how we generalize things.

Instead of dismissing you all as being too afraid to voice your disagreements, I'll say Americans are maybe more conflict oriented, or maybe even take pleasure in discussing disagreements. This is noticeably more prevalent in the eastern US than in the far west BTW. I reiterate that it's all generalized anyway.

I am interested in some examples of what some of these 'petty things' might be? In your experience?
Old 04-22-2019, 11:14 PM   #13
clapburn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
clapburn probably likes in here/hair word play
Quote:

Wow Canadians are fucking.cornballs. I presume the country is on your back from the way you explained how Canadians are.
clapburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 03:08 AM   #14
Water Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
American born here who really fucks with canadians,

1. i have met many while traveling and by far i consider you guys the best people,

2. Instead of dismissing you all as being too afraid to voice your disagreements, I'll say Americans are maybe more conflict oriented, or maybe even take pleasure in discussing disagreements.

3. I am interested in some examples of what some of these 'petty things' might be? In your experience?
1. In my experience, there are some real gems in Canada but they are rare. I have to ask which part of Canada did you travel to? What type of people were you mingling with? I mean, if you are rubbing shoulders with rich and successful Canadians your experience might be totally different than it would be with your garden variety canuck. I'm genuinely astonished that you were able to see that Aussies and Kiwis have the same tendency that I described and yet you didn't detect the same tendencies with Canadians.. I am not trying to disagree with you here, just genuinely curious about your experiences.

Everything I am describing is an average joe's perspective. In Canada, if you are exceptionally charismatic and handsome, and are really easy to get along with, making friends and keeping them will be easy. I am not super handsome and I am not rich. I don't put a lot of effort into my appearance.

The thing with Canadians is that in each province they are totally different.. but one thing they all have in common is that making friends and keeping friendships is going to be a very tricky affair indeed..

I'll say this much... I lived in latin America for several years and I made more friends in Latin America in 3 months than I could make in Canada in 10 years even though my Spanish sucks and my portueguese is zero

In most countries I have been to, people seem to be more open to making friends and they see expanding their social circle as a good thing. Canadians seem far more cliquey, like they have an established social circle and they are not interested in expanding it or wandering from outside their comfort zone

Maybe I just behave differently in latin America, more.... Outgoing or whatever. I've also made more American friends than Canadian friends in the last 10 years, this despite the fact that I have never lived in America.

Americans will start a conversation with you even if they don't know you. I love this and it is totally new for me. People will actually compliment you or strike up a conversation with you if they like what's on your t shirt.
Never happens in Canada and this is one of the reasons I love America.

2. You describe Americans as more conflict-oriented, or even take pleasure in conflict.. I agree, but I don't see that as a bad thing. If there's something that a friend or associate doesn't like about my behavior I want to know, because realistically, the relationship depends on it. I've lost so many friendships with Canadians silently and I can only speculate on what it was that made the wall go up. I am talking about 10+ year friendships gone silently and abruptly due to mysterious causes.

3. Example of the "petty things"
Okay.. Well have you ever had to tell a friend: "Dude if you say / do that one more time I'm gonna lose my freakin' mind" or something to that effect. Like I believe that almost everyone has annoying habits or personality traits, including yours truly but they just won't tell you what it is they'd rather just stop hanging around you... Like if Lush was not involved in hip hop at all, just a guy who grew up in Canada who had Canadian friends he would silently lose friendships due to his excessive talkativeness, or perhaps due to living too lavishly or by throwing in one too many "know what I am sayin's" " u feel me?" into his speech.

Some other examples:

I saw one guy silently disowned his own best friend as soon as he got married even though his best friend was the best man at his wedding and there was no incidents or bad blood between them. His wife is cool so she is not the culprit. He didn't do anything to deserve it, his friend who got married just decided it was time to delete him... The disowned friend had a heart attack and the married guy didn't even go visit him at the hospital or even send a message, and like, they're still friends on social media and all that but its just... silent.... dead air... lol .. its creepy almost...

I'll give you another example: Let's say you have an unconventional, nomadic and bohemian lifestyle and your high school buddies turn out to be yuppies, even though you met them in the punk scene in high school... Well, kiss your friends good bye because they will silently delete you.. I mean, it's one thing to spend less time with old friends than before, that's normal.. but the whole "deleting" / "blackballing" thing is just weird.

Let's say that you have decent luck with ladies but your friend hasn't had a girlfriend since high school. That's enough to be deleted, although you will never know for sure that this is the reason because they never tell you

Or let's say your friends are tired of the same old parlor tricks that you have been doing for years (Like blowing smoke rings or crushing beer bottle caps with your hands) rather than tell you to get a new act, they'll just stop hanging around you.

Last edited by Water Mage; 04-23-2019 at 03:44 AM.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:26 AM   #15
Water Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by clapburn View Post
Wow Canadians are fucking.cornballs. I presume the country is on your back from the way you explained how Canadians are.
Its normal for Canadians to hate other Canadians. Every province talks shit about almost every other province. I would be more accepted and tolerated by a tribe in New Guinea than I would be in Ontario.

I've traveled all around Asia, USA and South America but the only place that gives me shit when I try to enter it is... You guessed it... Canada.. I got no record but I get treated like scum of the earth almost every time I return to Canada. I often get flagged and treated like a known criminal and I often get searched..

This in spite of the fact that I dress smart when I travel and look like an athletic nerd. I think they have a really paranoid reaction to me traveling around Asia and Latin America for months on end, probably because I don't look like a backpacker and I am not.

I don't have any problems making / keeping friends in other countries, which is where I spend most of my time.

Last edited by Water Mage; 04-23-2019 at 03:35 AM.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:23 AM   #16
Feral Linguist
otbva

Quote:
1. In my experience, there are some real gems in Canada but they are rare. I have to ask which part of Canada did you travel to? What type of people were you mingling with? I mean, if you are rubbing shoulders with rich and successful Canadians your experience might be totally different than it would be with your garden variety canuck. I'm genuinely astonished that you were able to see that Aussies and Kiwis have the same tendency that I described and yet you didn't detect the same tendencies with Canadians.. I am not trying to disagree with you here, just genuinely curious about your experiences.

Everything I am describing is an average joe's perspective. In Canada, if you are exceptionally charismatic and handsome, and are really easy to get along with, making friends and keeping them will be easy. I am not super handsome and I am not rich. I don't put a lot of effort into my appearance.

The thing with Canadians is that in each province they are totally different.. but one thing they all have in common is that making friends and keeping friendships is going to be a very tricky affair indeed..

I'll say this much... I lived in latin America for several years and I made more friends in Latin America in 3 months than I could make in Canada in 10 years even though my Spanish sucks and my portueguese is zero

In most countries I have been to, people seem to be more open to making friends and they see expanding their social circle as a good thing. Canadians seem far more cliquey, like they have an established social circle and they are not interested in expanding it or wandering from outside their comfort zone

Maybe I just behave differently in latin America, more.... Outgoing or whatever. I've also made more American friends than Canadian friends in the last 10 years, this despite the fact that I have never lived in America.

Americans will start a conversation with you even if they don't know you. I love this and it is totally new for me. People will actually compliment you or strike up a conversation with you if they like what's on your t shirt.
Never happens in Canada and this is one of the reasons I love America.

2. You describe Americans as more conflict-oriented, or even take pleasure in conflict.. I agree, but I don't see that as a bad thing. If there's something that a friend or associate doesn't like about my behavior I want to know, because realistically, the relationship depends on it. I've lost so many friendships with Canadians silently and I can only speculate on what it was that made the wall go up. I am talking about 10+ year friendships gone silently and abruptly due to mysterious causes.

3. Example of the "petty things"
Okay.. Well have you ever had to tell a friend: "Dude if you say / do that one more time I'm gonna lose my freakin' mind" or something to that effect. Like I believe that almost everyone has annoying habits or personality traits, including yours truly but they just won't tell you what it is they'd rather just stop hanging around you... Like if Lush was not involved in hip hop at all, just a guy who grew up in Canada who had Canadian friends he would silently lose friendships due to his excessive talkativeness, or perhaps due to living too lavishly or by throwing in one too many "know what I am sayin's" " u feel me?" into his speech.

Some other examples:

I saw one guy silently disowned his own best friend as soon as he got married even though his best friend was the best man at his wedding and there was no incidents or bad blood between them. His wife is cool so she is not the culprit. He didn't do anything to deserve it, his friend who got married just decided it was time to delete him... The disowned friend had a heart attack and the married guy didn't even go visit him at the hospital or even send a message, and like, they're still friends on social media and all that but its just... silent.... dead air... lol .. its creepy almost...

I'll give you another example: Let's say you have an unconventional, nomadic and bohemian lifestyle and your high school buddies turn out to be yuppies, even though you met them in the punk scene in high school... Well, kiss your friends good bye because they will silently delete you.. I mean, it's one thing to spend less time with old friends than before, that's normal.. but the whole "deleting" / "blackballing" thing is just weird.

Let's say that you have decent luck with ladies but your friend hasn't had a girlfriend since high school. That's enough to be deleted, although you will never know for sure that this is the reason because they never tell you

Or let's say your friends are tired of the same old parlor tricks that you have been doing for years (Like blowing smoke rings or crushing beer bottle caps with your hands) rather than tell you to get a new act, they'll just stop hanging around you.
word I've only been to Toronto, briefly. I have met far more Canadians in Peru. Bolivi and Chile so yr prolly right because money and good looks get you pretty straight in life. Sadly I have never met a bilingual Canadian, so you are not alone in your lack of Spanish/Portuguese, but most I have found are good for chat including folks from bc, quebec, manitoba and the yukon. some with money. some with good looks. few with both.

I'm fluent in Spanish and my Portuguese is alright, functional and based on much more limited experience. My point with that - I don't speak English with people all the time, but running into the people who only know English, I am almost *always* relieved to find out that they're Canadian. That's all. Canadians and Germans are my favorite people, some of my German friends speak mad fuckin good Spanish. sidenote. in comparison the Dutch and French are alright and Brits/Italians suck. Thanks for reading that.

Agree with #2

rest I hear ya on but there are folks like that everywhere i know some crazy shit too

glad ya got some good American friends, you just made another one today.

Last edited by Feral Linguist; 04-23-2019 at 04:33 AM.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:07 AM   #17
Profess
Smooth Criminal

@Feral Linguist and @Water Mage/ I'm seeing mention here of Canadians not being bilingual. I was in Toronto not too long ago and I was surprised by the amount of French I saw. I thought that was only in the Montreal area. I mention that to ask this, do you mean that Canada isn't really bilingual: English/ French or something else? In the US we see a lot of Spanish but I wouldn't say the US is a overwhelming majority bilingual nation. The French seemed more official in Toronto than Spanish in New York. Perhaps one of you guys can clear this up.

On second thought, my perception might be swayed by my experience at Pearson Airport

Last edited by Profess; 04-23-2019 at 07:10 AM.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:20 AM   #18
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
from what i know of Canada, the number of immigrants puts the expectation of bilinguality off a bit. In general, places like Montreal have been more and more integrated (read: bilingual) over the last couple of decades for citizens, though. My only friends from Canada are all bilingual as they grew up there in hte last 20-30 years.
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:10 PM   #19
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Mentioned: 518 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
This is more proof white people aint shit
on another note: Adolph taught me objective hate, niggaz aint shit either
how was we Kangz, bitch nigga, when you sold off royalty to be slaves to the devil the bible speaks about?

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:45 PM   #20
Water Mage

Quote:
word I've only been to Toronto, briefly. I have met far more Canadians in Peru. Bolivi and Chile so yr prolly right because money and good looks get you pretty straight in life. Sadly I have never met a bilingual Canadian, so you are not alone in your lack of Spanish/Portuguese, but most I have found are good for chat including folks from bc, quebec, manitoba and the yukon. some with money. some with good looks. few with both.

I'm fluent in Spanish and my Portuguese is alright, functional and based on much more limited experience. My point with that - I don't speak English with people all the time, but running into the people who only know English, I am almost *always* relieved to find out that they're Canadian. That's all. Canadians and Germans are my favorite people, some of my German friends speak mad fuckin good Spanish. sidenote. in comparison the Dutch and French are alright and Brits/Italians suck. Thanks for reading that.

Agree with #2

rest I hear ya on but there are folks like that everywhere i know some crazy shit too

glad ya got some good American friends, you just made another one today.
Thanks for the kind words, they are much appreciated... Jah bless~

Yeah I had a few German buddies and they are pretty sick with foreign languages. Sounds like your Portuguese is similar to my Spanish.. Cuz I never had anyone teach me.. I learned from a few useful guidebooks and from just talking with people, which was easy to do. I used to just hang out at a place that was like a big plaza del armas but with a skatepark in the middle of it.... and meet new friends and later meet friends of friends. You can just make new friends by chilling in public there. My Peruvian friends / acquaintances would actually take me over to their buddy's house and chill with their whole crew. My Canadian friends acquaintances would never do that lol.

In an international setting, its totally understandable why you would be so relieved that they are Canadian.. The adventurous Canadians or the surfer / snowboarder / skater types are the chillest people around (although same is true for Americans for that matter).. That's the thing tho.. The coolest most chill Canadians are either found living the expat life abroad or in skate shops lol.. U don't find them much in day to day life in Canada.

Oh, wait, so most Canadians you have met were in Peru, Bolivia and Chile? Interesting, and that explains a LOT...

The thing about that is that the type of people who choose to venture down to those parts of the world are almost without exception, a different breed.. Almost every expat I met down in Peru was a colorful and memorable character, like someone out of a book or movie... and they all have a story.....

Peru is the place I know the best. There is a special energy there and (I imagine) that the energy is in the rest of South America to a large extent as well.

I could only speculate wildly what that energy is.. And I feel like the greatest writer in the world wouldn't be able to put it into words. But I suspect that a lot of people are drawn there, subconsciously or consciously.. Because that energy is exactly what they need in their life

I'm not an aspiring writer (in spite of the fact that i write way too much in each post) but I would say that South America is the place to be right now for anyone who has literary aspirations ... dam.. wut a place.. I miss it so much..
Old 04-23-2019, 01:08 PM   #21
Water Mage

Quote:
@Feral Linguist and @Water Mage/ I'm seeing mention here of Canadians not being bilingual. I was in Toronto not too long ago and I was surprised by the amount of French I saw. I thought that was only in the Montreal area. I mention that to ask this, do you mean that Canada isn't really bilingual: English/ French or something else? In the US we see a lot of Spanish but I wouldn't say the US is a overwhelming majority bilingual nation. The French seemed more official in Toronto than Spanish in New York. Perhaps one of you guys can clear this up.

On second thought, my perception might be swayed by my experience at Pearson Airport
Okay, so legally speaking, Canada is bilingual. Practically speaking, most of Canada is not bilingual... The western part of Canada is VERY different, culturally speaking, than central and Eastern Canada....

I'm from Western Canada (Alberta) .. In Western Canada there is almost zero French spoken by Canadians.. In school we learn basic French words because the schools are legally obligated to do so. But I hear Spanish or Chinese being spoken in Western Canada 100 times more often than I hear French, that's not to say that Spanish is commonly spoken by any stretch

Hell, if u go to Vancouver the road signs are in English and Chinese... And the signage on the interiors of apartment complexes are in English and Chinese... I even saw a white bank teller talking to a customer in fluent Chinese.. that was in Vancouver ofc...

Now Quebec, unlike the rest of the Canadian provinces, was originally a French Colony, not an English one. Almost everyone outside of Quebec talks shit about Quebec, its probably the most unanimously ridiculed province of Canada. My province of Alberta is also reviled, people basically see us as the southern states of Canada, but we see ourselves as more of a Colorado of Canada. Perhaps the truth is somewhere in between. A typical person from Ontario would basically not want to be in the same room as me after learning I am from Alberta. There is a mutual disdain between Ontario and Alberta, and to a lesser extent, the other western Canadian provinces and it's always been that way.

So Quebec is a truly bilingual province. Montreal is the urban center, Loe Pesci's stomping grounds and as you all probably remember, he's fluent in French and even battled in French.

I met a few guys from the eastern provinces and they spoke French fluently. That's cuz there are pockets of truly bilingual areas in the east, but nothing like what you see in Quebec.

Now a lot of people are given a false impression about how bilingual we truly are because of the laws that a former Prime Minister (Trudeau's dad, actually) made a whole bunch of laws designed to protect French language from the dominance of English. (ill admit right now I am biased af against French culture and language)

So Canada has all these stupid fucking laws that require everything to be bilingual
Like it's illegal to sell a video game that does not have an instruction booklet and packaging with FRENCH AND ENGLISH..

so basically the amount of french you see and hear in places like airports or what have you is more of a reflection of a legal reality, not a cultural one.

People from Quebec are ridiculously insecure about language issues. They're butthurt that English is more prominent than French globally and nationally. They're quite sure that their language is superior and deserves more recognition in respect.. I say fuck French they can kiss my derriere.. Man o man that language is a pain in the ass in every sense. The worst part? They don't even speak classical French, but a bastardized version of it, it sounds awful and the French Canadian accent sounds awful. Sorry to be judgy, just callin it as i see it.

Like I know a lot of asians who diligently studied English for years before they went to Canada to ensure that they could speak the local language, only to go to Quebec because they didn't know better, and get reemed out by a French Canadian for asking for directions in English.

Like okay, if a Quebecer (actually its Quebecois) got mad at me for speaking English in Quebec I'd let it roll off my shoulder but go easy on these tourists man, they don't have the tiime and money to learn English and French just because you get triggered by people speaking English in Quebec.

It's not uncommon for international travelers to be treated rudely in Quebec for speaking English. My Asian friends tell me it happens in France too, athough that's obv not as bad seeing as they are not bilingual like QUebec is.

Last edited by Water Mage; 04-23-2019 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:32 PM   #22
corny

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
corny is not the worst person
after watching more than half of the video and reading the comments I feel like the little "falling" out uno and organik had still wasn't explained

but what I get from uno and this is just me assuming based on things he said and a few things i just read on here:

I believe uno over priced himself and organik wasn't having it

for some reason I think organik and staff doesn't believe uno is main day material and better suited for shit like GZ

once uno is made aware of how they really feel about him as a battle rapper unos feelings are rightfully hurt, from here I believe him and organik exchanged some words on twitter and at this point I'm not sure if it was organik who had uno's battles taken down (organik is known to make these threats, ask hollohan), or if uno himself requested they remove his battles

I was never huge a fan of uno but he was definitely entertaining and in my eyes would definitely be considered top tier among the "stars" kotd push now

either way I think I will still feel a certain type of way about this situation as far as being in the dark until I see those twitter exchanges lol
Old 04-23-2019, 01:34 PM   #23
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Napkin Ed View Post
This is more proof white people aint shit
on another note: Adolph taught me objective hate, niggaz aint shit either
how was we Kangz, bitch nigga, when you sold off royalty to be slaves to the devil the bible speaks about?
What does the bible say about devils?
Old 04-23-2019, 01:56 PM   #24
Feral Linguist
otbva

Quote:

I was only thinking of Canadians that I have met. actually, I correct myself because I have known a couple of Quebecois's. It is a basically pointless thing to say anyway, was more just for the context of my rant
Old 04-23-2019, 03:57 PM   #25
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Quote:
they have sex with dogs, support pedophilia, will be slaves to the Jewish,
do you know of these people?

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 04-23-2019, 04:13 PM   #26
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Not anymore, I unsubbed Dirtbag Dan's youtube channel awhile ago
Old 04-23-2019, 07:08 PM   #27
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
Not anymore, I unsubbed Dirtbag Dan's youtube channel awhile ago
You think that has enough power to excuse your race of white walkers?

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 04-23-2019, 07:54 PM   #28
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Napkin Ed View Post
You think that has enough power to excuse your race of white walkers?
You down with G.O.T.? YEAH YOU KNOW ME!!!
Old 04-23-2019, 09:42 PM   #29
Paradox

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Paradox is not the worst person
this video was weird. he basically admitted he was wrong to whoever at kotd without saying it outright. instead said oh we're both wrong.

then he tried to lowkey admit to ganik he has dirt on him like wtf. that aint gonna get you a match.

then he goes on about how much he loves his fans and for us to go ask ganik for a match up. honestly i like uno lavoz but this video screams manipulation.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:13 PM   #30
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
You down with G.O.T.? YEAH YOU KNOW ME!!!
You know damn well them Ethiopians dying because of Khaleesi

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 04-24-2019, 03:10 AM   #31
corny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
this video was weird. he basically admitted he was wrong to whoever at kotd without saying it outright. instead said oh we're both wrong.

then he tried to lowkey admit to ganik he has dirt on him like wtf. that aint gonna get you a match.

then he goes on about how much he loves his fans and for us to go ask ganik for a match up. honestly i like uno lavoz but this video screams manipulation.
I don't want to call uno out but the video was a bit comical to me..i'm not sure if uno fell into a dark place/depression but I kind of felt that way especially when he said conceited played him in the bodied movie..."the comedian rapper"

lots of battlers embraced the comedian gimmick either by force or choice long before I even heard of uno, uno was probably one of the better ones to do it but I don't think that necessarily means he deserved that specific role in bodied.

the more I think about it the more the situation seems like this and only this:uno's ego/head got way too big
Old 04-24-2019, 03:44 AM   #32
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Does Uno believe he was actually good?!? He was a moderately entertaining mid-card break from the battles people actually wanted to see, nothing more or less.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Old 04-24-2019, 03:46 AM   #33
Feral Linguist
otbva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Does Uno believe he was actually good?!? He was a moderately entertaining mid-card break from the battles people actually wanted to see, nothing more or less.
that's a lot of subjective stuff there
Old 04-24-2019, 05:23 AM   #34
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
Shut up whitey

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 04-24-2019, 08:02 AM   #35
Emancee

Quote:
Yeah, because Uno headlined sooo many cards, right?
Old 04-24-2019, 09:09 AM   #36
Feral Linguist
otbva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Yeah, because Uno headlined sooo many cards, right?
as if that's the only way a battler has value?
Old 04-24-2019, 12:23 PM   #37
corny

Quote:
as if that's the only way a battler has value?
I agree with both of you, first because uno is definitely nothing more or less than a mid-card performer

and secondly because top mid carders are important as well, the problem is companies don't really acknowledge this.

uno has some value yeah but let's say uno requested pay equal to and ill just randomly throw out a battler's name, arsonal...he would get laughed at and further more if he tried to give a league an ultimatum either give him main stage spot light or so said amount of money or its fuck yall..they just going to laugh at a mid carder like uno and blackball them then find someone else that might not be equal entertaining wise but good enough and definitely a slot filler.

not saying this is what happen with uno but the way he talked about the situation I would say it's pretty close.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:50 PM   #38
Emancee

Corny is pretty much spot on. I think the problem stems from KOTD having an abundance of midtiers at the moment. It's pretty hard to issue ultimatums and stand your ground when there are guys that will do it for far less in a similar tier.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:59 PM   #39
grandgroove

Quote:

I don’t read mythology.

Pardon me as I need bubble wrap to secure my edge.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:01 PM   #40
grandgroove

Quote:
American born here who really fucks with canadians, i have met many while traveling and by far i consider you guys the best people, although I've met a couple exceptions. The thing you're describing in my experience is more applied to Aussies/Kiwis but enough of that, all of our experiences are relatively insignificant with how we generalize things.

Instead of dismissing you all as being too afraid to voice your disagreements, I'll say Americans are maybe more conflict oriented, or maybe even take pleasure in discussing disagreements. This is noticeably more prevalent in the eastern US than in the far west BTW. I reiterate that it's all generalized anyway.

I am interested in some examples of what some of these 'petty things' might be? In your experience?

Both great depictions on both sides. I can dig it!

RMBVA CanAm Friendship Center

Tags
jewmanji