Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Is it just me or is this low budget Blackout lineup terrible?

Old 03-12-2017, 03:01 PM   #1
The Kang
99percent resembleMadIllz

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
The Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Is it just me or is this low budget Blackout lineup terrible?

Since they started doing the secret event the line up has been at least decent. This year the lineup is full of washed up guys and who the fuck is that people. Not many good names at all so far outside of verb. And just think we will still probably get lexx and Bonnie. I was really hoping this year they wouldn't book anyone from my bottom list so I could support and watch live. They need a lot more big names or this is gonna be a bust worse than last year

Current Bottom 15 active battlers

1.Manik
2.Realistic
3.Lexx Luthor
4.Joe Cutter
5.Tycoon Tax
6.Tony D
7.Rum Nitty
8.Deadman
9.KG the Poet
10.Danny Myers
11.Bishop Brigante
12.Skelly
13.Bonnie Godiva
14.Ogmios
15.Pass
The Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:04 PM   #2
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Outside of Charron this is the most original card they've put forth in a long time
Old 03-12-2017, 03:08 PM   #3
The Kang

The Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge View Post
Outside of Charron this is the most original card they've put forth in a long time
True but still. Who wants to watch most of these guys battle?

1.Manik
2.Realistic
3.Lexx Luthor
4.Joe Cutter
5.Tycoon Tax
6.Tony D
7.Rum Nitty
8.Deadman
9.KG the Poet
10.Danny Myers
11.Bishop Brigante
12.Skelly
13.Bonnie Godiva
14.Ogmios
15.Pass
Old 03-12-2017, 03:13 PM   #4
Nikolas34520

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
I feel the card will make more sense once it's revealed. I've been digging the announcement but I do agree not very many top names. I'm kinda hoping for a last minutes surprise.
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:20 PM   #5
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
I am really interested tb100%h. Just really hoping for some more classic names to drop (DFD, Con, Twist, Iron, etc.)
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:26 PM   #6
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
So far, it seems like a good mix of newer names and underutilized vets. The Charron announcement was meh, but everyone else seems to lend themselves well to seeing who ends up battling each other.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:29 PM   #7
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I really like this card. So many dope matchups that are possible. The problem is that KOTD often make some real WTF pairings.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:35 PM   #8
averagejoe
©

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
disagree with u dudes

im so tired of the same handful of people battling each other
this is kotds closest card to the bunker cards in how its different. i like it
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:41 PM   #9
Solace254

Solace254 is not the worst person
I said the same shit in one the announcement threads. They are taking Smacks blueprint by using the strength of a well known event name and introducing their best up and comers. Although everyone here will swear it's original and shit themselves. Yo the two completely unheard of kids look whack as shit. One of them talking about bongos and the other is a christian rapper. Kinda sounds like the white versions of Prep and Saga no? They are literally jacking their moves to the T. I'm happy they're farming new talent, just wish they had better talent to farm/steal.
Solace254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:48 PM   #10
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 943 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Considering Blackout 6 had some major cancellations as well as several horrible matchups (Jay Rell vs Lexx Luthor, Bonnie vs Realiztic, Knamelis vs Big T, J-Pro vs Quill) the bar really isn't set that high for this year's event to be better.

At the same time, the amount of star power on this year's card doesn't seem like it will be a match compared to prior years.

KOTD continues to push quantity over quality for their biggest events.
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:11 PM   #11
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
the card has been great so far, but i would not have put over half of these names in a major event. and i think my opinion on the card will change once the obligatory diz, caustic, bonnie, etc announcements come along. still, it's cool to see so many new faces on a KOTD card.

i also don't understand why KOTD insists on doing two-day events when most of them are just not good. i would rather have a one-day event with a higher quality card than a two-day event with more battles, less worthy names, and a burnt crowd.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:22 PM   #12
The Kang

Most of these guys I don't check for unless they're battling someone good. It's a bad sign to me that I won't be watching a lot of these battles

1.Manik
2.Realistic
3.Lexx Luthor
4.Joe Cutter
5.Tycoon Tax
6.Tony D
7.Rum Nitty
8.Deadman
9.KG the Poet
10.Danny Myers
11.Bishop Brigante
12.Skelly
13.Bonnie Godiva
14.Ogmios
15.Pass
Old 03-12-2017, 09:40 PM   #13
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
RandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time Australia
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
Couldn't agree more with this statement.

It seems KOTD has learned some valuable tricks with booking bunker events. Everyone in the culture bitches about the top tiers not showing up then bitch when a card isn't 100% vets? Makes no sense.

There's a lot of potential dope match ups with who's been announced already and there are plenty more to come. Last year had waaaay more bottom tier names announced by this point.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:42 PM   #14
SHOWTIME

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
SHOWTIME is better than Grind Time AustraliaSHOWTIME is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
disagree with u dudes

im so tired of the same handful of people battling each other
Of course u would like such a garbage card

Us "seasoned" fans know how garbage this card is and why...

The least KOTD could do is give Verb one of their solidified legends, like Solomon.
I mean it's a wack match up but at least it's a legend... but maybe Travis might feel himself and give us aye verb vs yung ill

Also tired of these same dues battling each other in a literal sense doesn't make any sense at all... m

Last edited by SHOWTIME; 03-12-2017 at 09:46 PM.
SHOWTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:48 PM   #15
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
KOTD two-three day events just need to stop. They don't have the roster. No one does. one day for main battlers, one day for PG/GZ/whatever battlers for no one to really go to or care about. stop having 12 hour long events where the already shitty crowd gets drunk and shittier.

there's no point putting on 37 battles in a weekend when 35 of them are going to suck dick.

u could condense this card and probably make it dope but right now its just spread too thin with guys no one gives a fuck about

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:53 PM   #16
Triptych
ɥɔʎʇdıɹ⊥

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Triptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time Australia
I'm not mad at this card. I'm buying the PPV and being as loud about it as I can so that KOTD knows they should go after Ness Lee more. But yeah him, Yung Ill, Head ICE, Swave, Pass (I know you don't like him but it's okay, dry your tears), and some new people I haven't given much of a chance yet, that's cool with me.

And it's only half the announcements so far, yeah?

New rule though. If over three quarters of the card is American, yeah, keep it here. Any excuse to pull away from that ass Toronto crowd.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:21 PM   #17
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace254 View Post
I said the same shit in one the announcement threads. They are taking Smacks blueprint by using the strength of a well known event name and introducing their best up and comers. Although everyone here will swear it's original and shit themselves.
sounds like smack white is the only one who's shitting himself!!!

Source: this guy from talk back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
Considering Blackout 6 had some major cancellations as well as several horrible matchups (Jay Rell vs Lexx Luthor, Bonnie vs Realiztic, Knamelis vs Big T, J-Pro vs Quill) the bar really isn't set that high for this year's event to be better.
was Bonnie vs Realiztic a battle they actually booked? a battle as bad as that had to be the result of cancellations right? i can't remember but i think they were both scheduled to battle other people. at least i hope so haha
u a cracked out fatty like butts are
~fever
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 11:27 PM   #18
lukej

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
lukej is not the worst person
Hard to judge a card before you know who's battling who
lukej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:54 AM   #19
Solace254

Solace254 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post

was Bonnie vs Realiztic a battle they actually booked? a battle as bad as that had to be the result of cancellations right? i can't remember but i think they were both scheduled to battle other people. at least i hope so haha
Yo I completely got glossed over in the talkback thread when I quoted that exact screenshot. I don't know why that shit makes me crack up in the most obnoxious way when I read it. Like Yea bro, Smack is shitting himself because of random matches somewhere. Thank you for making me spit out my drink. If I knew how to rep a pimp I would.
Solace254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:56 AM   #20
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
i dunno i watch a lot of battles so this vard is super fresh to me but if you just want the same old names everytime i could see your point i'd give it a chance hungry mc's are needed
Old 03-13-2017, 02:16 AM   #21
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace254 View Post
Yo I completely got glossed over in the talkback thread when I quoted that exact screenshot. I don't know why that shit makes me crack up in the most obnoxious way when I read it. Like Yea bro, Smack is shitting himself because of random matches somewhere. Thank you for making me spit out my drink. If I knew how to rep a pimp I would.
it's def one of my favorite screen caps from the talk back thread hahaha pure gold. Smack is clearly fuckin SHOOK at organik's idea to hold a draft to form the teams for future gully vs ganik cards. like Smack def talks about this with his therapist. fucking idiots, man. lmao

oh and if you wanna rep someone just click this thing:

<---------
u a cracked out fatty like butts are
~fever
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:31 AM   #22
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:

Actually no
It was Realiztic vs Born But born couldn't make it. He's YTG with Bonnie so Bonnnie stepped up last minute to take the battle.

It was a horrible matchup that somehow produced a not horrible battle. Both performed better than expected. One of the best Bonnie performances that earned her the P Nut and Charron battles

This doesn't have the star power which is wierd for a BlackOut event but the names are intriguing that with the right matchups it's a great battle event.

THey gotta put some new comers and they put people there that the KOTD fanbase called for

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:45 AM   #23
brodeezy

brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
i dunno i watch a lot of battles so this vard is super fresh to me but if you just want the same old names everytime i could see your point i'd give it a chance hungry mc's are needed
thats not really the problem

the problem is most of the "new refreshing names" are still the same old garbage trash compost dumpster booooollllshiet

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Old 03-13-2017, 03:52 AM   #24
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
It seems like they're trying to mix things up. Instead of cycling through and booking the same top names over and over, there's at least a solid group of newer names (including some making their main page debut) and then some vets that either haven't battled in Toronto in a very long time, or are finally making their debuts. I'm interested to see how things pan out once the full lineup's announced, but so far, I'm having a hard time predicting some of these matches.

Rone vs. Head Ice
Gjonaj
A. Ward
Swave Sevah
Pass
Yung Ill
Krome
Cortez
Loso
Aye Verb
Shotti P
Carter Deems
Marvwon
Jimz
Ness Lee
Chedda Cheese
Chilla Jones
Charron
Esem

Who's next?
Old 03-13-2017, 03:55 AM   #25
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
I'm okay with it tbh

I hate the way they roll out the releases though. Drags out like a motherfucker.
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:55 AM   #26
iamHBY

And with no new battles dropping until BO7 actually happens, it's gonna feel like it's dragging out more.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:18 AM   #27
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kang View Post
Since they started doing the secret event the line up has been at least decent. This year the lineup is full of washed up guys and who the fuck is that people. Not many good names at all so far outside of verb. And just think we will still probably get lexx and Bonnie. I was really hoping this year they wouldn't book anyone from my bottom list so I could support and watch live. They need a lot more big names or this is gonna be a bust worse than last year
And just think next we will probably get Lexx and Bonnie lmfaooo
Old 03-13-2017, 09:20 AM   #28
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas34520 View Post
I feel the card will make more sense once it's revealed. I've been digging the announcement but I do agree not very many top names. I'm kinda hoping for a last minutes surprise.
This.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:28 AM   #29
cdizzle

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
cdizzle is not the worst person
For real tho. So far the talent isn't there for a two day event. There are dudes I haven't seen battle live (ICE, Ill and verb) yet that I would like to see but I dont know if it's worth...
cdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:15 PM   #30
acidzero
lookin oinkish : ux9

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
acidzero is better than Grind Time Australiaacidzero is better than Grind Time Australia
they should start dropping BO7 battles on youtube the week after the event (might hurt their ppv sales tho), or else its gonna be a slow month for the channel.
acidzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:11 PM   #31
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
I don't feel great about the event the way its looking. It's cool to see a few new faces and a GZ dude or whatever earning a spot but the lack of big names is really looking like a problem right now.
JC
All Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:14 PM   #32
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:

JC
All Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:57 AM   #33
god level

god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
This card needs more good unknowns. Like real good. Not avrg
god level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:33 AM   #34
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
KOTD two-three day events just need to stop. They don't have the roster

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChopChoiceBeats
www.facebook.com/ChopChoiceBeats

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. MF Doom
4. Notorious BIG
5. Rick Ross
Assassin Ben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:23 PM   #35
The Kang

I predicted Bonnie and she was the next announcement. Sigh.

1.Manik
2.Realistic
3.Lexx Luthor
4.Joe Cutter
5.Tycoon Tax
6.Tony D
7.Rum Nitty
8.Deadman
9.KG the Poet
10.Danny Myers
11.Bishop Brigante
12.Skelly
13.Bonnie Godiva
14.Ogmios
15.Pass
Old 03-15-2017, 01:57 PM   #36
Cabbagetown

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Cabbagetown is not the worst person
I like the lineup, but there are always going to be a couple battlers I don't give a fuck about. Maybe one year they can run it jack welch style and put the bottom 10% in a 4 way battle with 30 second rounds
Cabbagetown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:07 PM   #37
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
yeah way too many mid tiers on this. KOTD shopping for bargains on this one, most of these dudes probably battle for 500 bucks and a 2 star hotel.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:13 PM   #38
acidzero
lookin oinkish : ux9

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
acidzero is better than Grind Time Australiaacidzero is better than Grind Time Australia
gonna be bonnie vs caustic. guarantee caustic is the next annoucement.
acidzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:05 PM   #39
brodeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
gonna be bonnie vs caustic. guarantee caustic is the next annoucement.
lmao that would be so fucking bad

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Old 03-15-2017, 04:10 PM   #40
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
lmao that would be so fucking bad
this is the company that booked charron vs bonnie so
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote