Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Random thoughts about the Watch series...

Old 06-04-2017, 01:17 PM   #1
The Kang
99percent resembleMadIllz

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
The Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Random thoughts about the Watch series...

For one, I love it. Very entertaining and I've seen a few battles because of it I would have never watched.

It's made me look at some of the folks on there differently and change my opinion about them. Lush is so much more likeable. Seems like a good dude. It's had the opposite effect for illmac . Always thought he was a down to earth dude but at times he seems like a prick and like he thinks he's better than others. Anytime charron has been brought up,he shits all over him. Now I wanna see them battle. Charron 2- 1. Avos hatred for diggy splash was surprising too.Dirtbag was really quiet,which surprised me as well

I don't understand why kotd doesn't want them showing their battles. It's extra possible views for older battles.

Current Bottom 15 active battlers

1.Manik
2.Realistic
3.Lexx Luthor
4.Joe Cutter
5.Tycoon Tax
6.Tony D
7.Rum Nitty
8.Deadman
9.KG the Poet
10.Danny Myers
11.Bishop Brigante
12.Skelly
13.Bonnie Godiva
14.Ogmios
15.Pass
The Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 02:02 PM   #2
Triptych
ɥɔʎʇdıɹ⊥

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Triptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time Australia
Is it really that KOTD doesn't want them watching their battles? I just assumed Avo didn't want to make it seem like the channel only exists to pat himself/themselves on the back.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:15 PM   #3
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kang View Post
Anytime charron has been brought up,he shits all over him. Now I wanna see them battle. Charron 2- 1.
Don't mention this. While the day that battle rap officially died was averted by Aye Verb and Charron not going down; I fear that Charron vs. Illmac may very well be the coming of the wack-pocalypse.
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number
You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT
Comparing your gangsta to an animal (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc)
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 03:35 PM   #4
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 836 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
What battles have they shown that u wouldn't have watched?

But yea, it's funny because I don't know illmac but I think he seems like a pretty good dude to me from watching series. Maybe there's a few I haven't seen but I've seen him give a lotta props to ppl. Dbd was weirdly quiet that one day when he was there. Maybe he had bigger things to think about that particular day, who knows. And I haven't seen any diggy splash battles on there but I'm sure any hate anyone has for him is probably justified, but I wanna see the episode ur talkin about...
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 03:55 PM   #5
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
why does Avo hate Diggy Splash? + to be fair to Illmac I get the impression whoever's alongside him defers to him for judgement cos he happens to be such a good battler.
Cuntoffs are Jumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 04:00 PM   #6
The Kang

The Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time Antarctica
The diggy disses were on one where he watched the best of no coast video. May have been a live one that hasn't been uploaded yet.

1.Manik
2.Realistic
3.Lexx Luthor
4.Joe Cutter
5.Tycoon Tax
6.Tony D
7.Rum Nitty
8.Deadman
9.KG the Poet
10.Danny Myers
11.Bishop Brigante
12.Skelly
13.Bonnie Godiva
14.Ogmios
15.Pass
Old 06-04-2017, 04:01 PM   #7
The Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post
What battles have they shown that u wouldn't have watched?

But yea, it's funny because I don't know illmac but I think he seems like a pretty good dude to me from watching series. Maybe there's a few I haven't seen but I've seen him give a lotta props to ppl. Dbd was weirdly quiet that one day when he was there. Maybe he had bigger things to think about that particular day, who knows. And I haven't seen any diggy splash battles on there but I'm sure any hate anyone has for him is probably justified, but I wanna see the episode ur talkin about...
Some of the don't flop battles and some older grind time ones

1.Manik
2.Realistic
3.Lexx Luthor
4.Joe Cutter
5.Tycoon Tax
6.Tony D
7.Rum Nitty
8.Deadman
9.KG the Poet
10.Danny Myers
11.Bishop Brigante
12.Skelly
13.Bonnie Godiva
14.Ogmios
15.Pass
Old 06-04-2017, 05:46 PM   #8
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
i appreciate illmacs honesty tbh.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:24 PM   #9
erfworm

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
erfworm is better than Grind Time Australiaerfworm is better than Grind Time Australia
Avo should do an episode with The Absolute Best of Dont Flop, seeing as its nearly coming up to its big 100,000 view milestone...

erfworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:47 PM   #10
Water Mage

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kang View Post

I don't understand why kotd doesn't want them showing their battles. It's extra possible views for older battles.
Great points. Which video does Avo express his disdain for Diggy? I'm curious about that.

I always knew that Illmac had that vibe to him. Like a guy who just subliminally tries to make u feel like he's above u and others without directly expressing it

As for KOTD, it's extra views, but not on their channel. It could potentially "garnish" ; ) a lot of views and new fans for KOTD, but I think Organik feels threatened by the watch series in general and if he had anything to say about it, it wouldn't exist at all.

The reason I say that is that it has had a far better reception than anything KOTD has done in what, 5 years?

I'd rather spend an evening getting caught up in WATCH battles than cop the new KOTD PPV

I always said that it's the social / cultural aspect of battling that keeps people interested, and some extra shit is needed to keep fans interested. You can't always have classic battles go down at an event, but if you get the right people together to bullshit about battles, it's always going to be compelling and entertaining.

The problem has always been coming up with a practical formula that injects some extra / social / reality-based aspects to the battles. The WATCH formula seems to be perfect. Easy to do and the fans love it.

I would honestly prefer this format as a way to present new battles, that's how much I enjoy it, altho I know purists would disagree.

Last edited by Water Mage; 06-04-2017 at 08:49 PM.
Water Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:32 PM   #11
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Series is enjoyable.

Lush ruined the two on two battle with Verb. Otherwise, he's entertaining.

I would like to see some new blood in there. I can imagine this will get redundant kind of like the DBD show(Caustic).
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:34 PM   #12
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
There have been a lot of these things
Old 06-04-2017, 10:58 PM   #13
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Diggy spleash is terrible tbf , one step above micheal white
Old 06-05-2017, 01:44 AM   #14
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
the KOTD thing is weird. like i think avo can't put out the 24/7 vs Bender one because of it. how the fuck is ryd taking away views from that battle?? either you already love it or you're never gonna give a shit....unless there's an outlet that introduces it to you.

Illmac is great on there, Lush is great om there. Dirtbag Dan explained he was terrible because apparently he didn't realize how long it was gonna take and he had to get home.
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:51 AM   #15
track 1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
the KOTD thing is weird. like i think avo can't put out the 24/7 vs Bender one because of it. how the fuck is ryd taking away views from that battle?? either you already love it or you're never gonna give a shit....unless there's an outlet that introduces it to you.

Illmac is great on there, Lush is great om there. Dirtbag Dan explained he was terrible because apparently he didn't realize how long it was gonna take and he had to get home.
chase moore is unbearable
track 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:20 PM   #16
Chase Moore
VIP

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Chase Moore is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by track 1 View Post
chase moore is unbearable
i know
Chase Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:23 PM   #17
Chase Moore
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
I always knew that Illmac had that vibe to him. Like a guy who just subliminally tries to make u feel like he's above u and others without directly expressing it
lol no way. maybe sometimes people can't tell when ill has his sarcasm switch on or off. He for sure isn't that "nose in the air" type that thinks he's above people.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:27 PM   #18
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
OP is pretty on point here
Lush is THE MAN on these, super articulate and concise in his analysis- his "context setting" for the battles is fucking priceless
I like Illmac on here but I def got that elitist vibe here and there, heavy when they watched Efarell/Dunsh and a few other times
DBD disappointed, staying sober and getting antsy to leave but w/e cats are getting older (lamer)
my opinion of Chase changes constantly but he is very knowledgable and has saved the "panel" from misinformation and going off on a wrong tangent more than a few times (the DBD show has noone that can do this)

and not liking Diggy Splash should be a prereq for life tho tbh
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:29 PM   #19
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
If I had a dollar for every time chase moore started talking shit about a line before it's finished I'd have like two or three dollars maybe
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:31 PM   #20
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Also illmac seems like a cool dude from watching this series tbh idk where he started acting like a prick, op
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:48 PM   #21
acidzero
lookin oinkish : ux9

acidzero is better than Grind Time Australiaacidzero is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettonetics View Post
Also illmac seems like a cool dude from watching this series tbh idk where he started acting like a prick, op
this.
acidzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:28 AM   #22
Chase Moore
VIP

Quote:
If I had a dollar for every time chase moore started talking shit about a line before it's finished I'd have like two or three dollars maybe
Old 06-06-2017, 12:40 AM   #23
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Quote:
Yeah this ^ Illmac seems like a cool dude to me...Lush also comes of hella cool imo

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:41 AM   #24
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post

Damn I didn't know about the 24/7 vs Bender situation

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:32 AM   #25
Jack McCrack

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Jack McCrack is a PY Poster
What about that guy Alfie though? Why haven't they had him on lately?

During the lifestream Illmac said to aVo "when u go down on a vegan girl it tastes just like guava" he sounded like the Shermanator explaining to Jim his sex life

Last edited by Jack McCrack; 06-06-2017 at 02:38 AM.
Jack McCrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 06:01 AM   #26
Korey

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Korey is a PY Poster
I knew Chase was a producer. He did some crazy hooks/ beats for Thesaurus' album. And then I found out he made tracks after I seen him perform a few live. Then I found out he battles and watched a few of his Grind Time battles and his Australian battle. He's actually a born Aussie too.

His swag and his mannerisms in his battles are way different than in the Watch show. He's a very dope spitter, an almost clone copy of Iron Solomon, and I mean that positively.
Korey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 05:07 PM   #27
The Kang

Chase is cool with me. Don't mind him other than the aforementioned bitching about a line or scheme before it's finished.

Avos diggy disses were the best of no coast video he watched. I may have watched that one live and he hasn't or won't upload it. He was drunk as hell and alone

1.Manik
2.Realistic
3.Lexx Luthor
4.Joe Cutter
5.Tycoon Tax
6.Tony D
7.Rum Nitty
8.Deadman
9.KG the Poet
10.Danny Myers
11.Bishop Brigante
12.Skelly
13.Bonnie Godiva
14.Ogmios
15.Pass
Old 06-07-2017, 05:22 PM   #28
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1189 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
"He was drunk as hell and alone"

story of my life
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:16 PM   #29
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Moore View Post
eh chase.

how come Clay Pigeons ain't on spotify no more?
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:00 PM   #30
Jbruck420

Jbruck420 is not the worst person
Illmac comes off as awesome. Really funny and really sarcastic. I like Illmac more due to the show.

I never knew who Chase was but he is cool too.

Lush is the man.

These seem like the ideal cats to watch battles with..

Now WTF is up with the KOTD battle ban? I tweeted the staff only Bishop responded with "IDK what you are talking about" We need some KOTD battles!!
Jbruck420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 05:09 AM   #31
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
Chase is great on there and tbh so is illmac and obviously Lush. Lush is hella cool irl tho he's in his bag watching these tho haha he has soooo much battle rap knowledge it's insane. Avocado is pretty good of course, I enjoy hearing about technical stuff and filming stories.
Old 06-08-2017, 06:23 PM   #32
eapoe

eapoe is a PY Poster
Illmac and Lush are the best guests so far hands down.
eapoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:28 PM   #33
eapoe

eapoe is a PY Poster
The KOTD thing is not weird at all. What if they wanna do their own series where they interview/talk about battles with battlers or something that's basically the same thing in the future. You can't go around letting people take advantage of your product in that way. That said I really hope the series continues and I also think it add views, and also keep up interest for battling in general.
eapoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:55 AM   #34
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by eapoe View Post
The KOTD thing is not weird at all. What if they wanna do their own series where they interview/talk about battles with battlers or something that's basically the same thing in the future. You can't go around letting people take advantage of your product in that way. That said I really hope the series continues and I also think it add views, and also keep up interest for battling in general.
This is my suspicion too. I think they have seen how well RYD is doing and are planning doing something similar.
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number
You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT
Comparing your gangsta to an animal (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc)
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 04:38 AM   #35
Water Mage

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Moore View Post
lol no way. maybe sometimes people can't tell when ill has his sarcasm switch on or off. He for sure isn't that "nose in the air" type that thinks he's above people.
HAHA.. I could be wrong about MAC... but Chase u are one of the "cool kids" so obviously he would be more humble around you than he might be around the rest of us plebs

I am sure if I chilled with Illmac he would clink his beer with mine and I'd see a sparkle in his eye and
I would walk away thinking he is a really cool guy TBH and above all I LOVE the fact that you commented on that Chase

Also I really appreciate you as a guest on the Watch series. I think you add a lot of liveliness and fun to the series and for some reason a lot of youtube posters are really annoyed by you.. I don't see why but its hilarious to me that you are sparking that reaction

Last edited by Water Mage; 06-09-2017 at 04:44 AM.
Water Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:30 PM   #36
Chase Moore
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey View Post
I knew Chase was a producer. He did some crazy hooks/ beats for Thesaurus' album. And then I found out he made tracks after I seen him perform a few live. Then I found out he battles and watched a few of his Grind Time battles and his Australian battle. He's actually a born Aussie too.

His swag and his mannerisms in his battles are way different than in the Watch show. He's a very dope spitter, an almost clone copy of Iron Solomon, and I mean that positively.
thanks bruh. my battles are really old and my last one was in 2012 so I would hope my swag has altered a bit haha. That stuffs super cringey for me to watch. Also I think the only similarity w Iron is the way we look. Also it doesn't help he started rocking hella Polo a cpl yrs after I got back into Ralph heavily
Old 06-09-2017, 10:31 PM   #37
Chase Moore
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
HAHA.. I could be wrong about MAC... but Chase u are one of the "cool kids" so obviously he would be more humble around you than he might be around the rest of us plebs

I am sure if I chilled with Illmac he would clink his beer with mine and I'd see a sparkle in his eye and
I would walk away thinking he is a really cool guy TBH and above all I LOVE the fact that you commented on that Chase

Also I really appreciate you as a guest on the Watch series. I think you add a lot of liveliness and fun to the series and for some reason a lot of youtube posters are really annoyed by you.. I don't see why but its hilarious to me that you are sparking that reaction
lol i feel you. And ya it's hilarious to me as well. I assume it's mainly newer fans who are like "who tf is this guy" haha
Old 06-09-2017, 10:39 PM   #38
Trill Murray

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Trill Murray is not the worst person
RYD series is dope, am always tuning in

I just find it funny how bigg k pokes fun at battlerap, but hes always there watching RYD live lmaooooo

also didnt know chase moore battled until he mentioned it, went back and checked out one of his GT battles, definitely had that iron flow to him lol
you play for the worst team and you the 3rd string option,you gettin yo ass whooped, and everybody on the first team watchin, this we clap hammers here batman premiere that clip release got at least 13 droppin!!" -JC against Chilla
Trill Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 11:21 PM   #39
Chase Moore
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill Murray View Post
pokes fun at battlerap, but hes always there watching RYD live lmaooooo

also didnt know chase moore battled until he mentioned it, went back and checked out one of his GT battles, definitely had that iron flow to him lol
for the love of god don't watch that bullshit lol. this is much better:

https://www.facebook.com/teambackpac...52693381239605
Old 06-10-2017, 04:04 AM   #40
Skr33
Registered Loser

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Skr33 is not the worst person
I enjoy the fuck out of the Watch series. I think it's legit the best battle rap related media out there. Hella people complain about it for weird reasons but it's fire af

The only battle that has annoyed me at all was the most recent Saynt vs Yak Da Rippa because Lush went a bit pause crazy. I usually fux with it but it seemed a bit excessive and you could tell it was fucking with the vibe a lil bit. Otherwise shit's super cash.
Skr33 is offline   Reply With Quote