Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
The Top 10 Battle Rappers of 2015 So Far (BattleRap.com)

Old 07-31-2015, 07:14 PM   #81
Z-Tay
Banned

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Z-Tay probably likes in here/hair word play
@SuckaFreeCashier is obviously still traumatized from watching the Madchild snuff film Daylyt made. It's okay, pookie, Madchild is in a better place now.
Z-Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 07:16 PM   #82
Z-Tay
Banned

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Z-Tay probably likes in here/hair word play
Meanwhile he nominates Soul vs. Fungus as Battle of the Year.

Please die in a fire.
Z-Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 07:22 PM   #83
SuckaFreeCashier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Tay View Post
@SuckaFreeCashier is obviously still traumatized from watching the Madchild snuff film Daylyt made. It's okay, pookie, Madchild is in a better place now.
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
SuckaFreeCashier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 07:56 PM   #84
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'

Mentioned: 478 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Lmao the salt itt is palpable. Regardless of whether or not you agree with the inclusion or placement of the battlers in question, the article is pretty transparent about the selection process (and the fact that it's the productive of a collective vote rather than an individual's absolute list) and presents a cogent rationale for each entry. It isn't exactly what I'd present as a top 10 for this year, but that's kind of the point; it spans, or at bare minimum attempts to span an incredibly diverse fanbase while taking into account a variety of mitigating factors, rather than being exclusively beholden to any particular league or style.

As per Soul's inclusion, regardless of the caliber of his opponents, which has been admittedly varied, I don't think there's been anyone at his level who was as prolific in the first half of 2015, and he's gone arguably undefeated in that span despite battling in a variety of different crowds and atmospheres and facing competition with extremely diverse skill sets. His versatility has only increased, and he went from being banned from Don't Flop to being it's champion within the course of less than two years, which is pretty fucking impressive imo.

Chilla has been similarly active with a comparable win record and imo is one of the very few PG graduates to convincingly ascend to a higher echelon of name value (the jump to top tier from the proving grounds slogan kiiinda nails it tbh). He's been great on short notice time and time again and like Soul deserves a spot on the list on the basis of admirable consistency and a demonstrable rise in stock

Magic absolutely deserves to be on the list, and if you haven't seen the Trez battle, that's you doing yourself a disservice more than anything, they both wig. Perhaps not as active as others, but incredibly consistent and consistently incredible, which in an era of paycheck battlers is arguably enough to distinguish oneself from the competition.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:50 PM   #85
SIROB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
SIROB is not the worst person
Y wud hollow be top 5 in 2015 he has battled once.
SIROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:01 PM   #86
SuckaFreeCashier

SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIROB View Post
Y wud hollow be top 5 in 2015 he has battled once.
By winning the biggest url battle if the year

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:21 PM   #87
Aristocrat
Kubrick script

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Aristocrat is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Lmao, there is so much wrong with how the writer characterized rone's year and likeablility "across all fan bases"
oh god

its a conspiracyz

u remind me of black dynamite

what does battle rap spellz backwards

PAR

THESE NIGGAS LIKE GOLF

WHITE BOYS TAKIN OVER THE WORLZ

foh w/ that davinci code readin
Old 07-31-2015, 11:10 PM   #88
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristocrat View Post
oh god

its a conspiracyz

u remind me of black dynamite

what does battle rap spellz backwards

PAR

THESE NIGGAS LIKE GOLF

WHITE BOYS TAKIN OVER THE WORLZ

foh w/ that davinci code readin
you're still trying way too hard... and youre not making any sense

but at least you have the bravery to address me unlike these other cowards who are obsessed with me but only have enough courage to make tags
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:17 PM   #89
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwback Mike View Post
Soul's nothing special imo. He's good, but that's it. I'd be impressed if he was doing video battles on RMBVA, but he's not great by real world standards. I did like his battle with Cee Major, but I've never heard any one of his bars and been blown away. I know there's more to battling than having individual standout punchlines, but that's a really important important factor for me.
I'm never impressed by any battle-rappers anymore, and Soul is no exception. I think people might be eulogizing Soul because he's a bit more high-brow than most so they feel like academics for watching him. I've watched Soul a few times, he's not convinced me I should watch him again. I do think Soul's considerably better than 90% of battle-rappers, but he's certainly not the second coming of Battle-Rap that people portray him as here, far from it.

Last edited by My Kall; 07-31-2015 at 11:19 PM.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:33 PM   #90
My Kall

My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBone View Post
Why are people gassing Soul so much? He's a good writer but he does nothing to stand out to me. He's like a writer's writer that people hype up for being "lyrical" since guys like Pesci and Verb fell off, Bender is MIA and there is no one for those fans to rally behind as the GOAT anymore.

What are his best battles this year?

I feel like 2015 has been the most underwhelming year in battle rap in YEARS, without any clear stand out battlers, up and coming/new/vets/whoever, unlike past years. It's just not the same. The drive is gone. Many platforms have collapsed or their shine has dimmed. In the past, Con vs Dumb should be considered a crazy battle for the culture and yet, people just regard it with yawns. Hollow vs Clips finally happened after some good build up over a year (the least anticipated major battle in a while) and people forgot about it already.

Battle rap took an L this year for putting me into a coma. I'm trying not to be so negative but battle rap needs to wake the fuck up right about now.
2013 takes the cake for worst year ever, unquestionably. I've not hated 2015 quite as much as 2012 either. 2014 and 2015 are both equally intolerable though I agree. I think I'm suffering from Battle-Rap anhedonia.

Last edited by My Kall; 07-31-2015 at 11:38 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:54 PM   #91
My Kall

Quote:
Battle rap is wack right now.
Battle-Rap has been wack for nearly 4 years now imo. It will be agonizingly interesting to see if it just perpetually keeps degenerating and degenerating by the year. I actually sympathize with the hosts of these events for actually having to watch these horrendous battles from start to finish. You can't not respect their endurance though lol.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:45 AM   #92
nixstix

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
nixstix probably likes in here/hair word play
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kall View Post
Battle-Rap has been wack for nearly 4 years now imo. It will be agonizingly interesting to see if it just perpetually keeps degenerating and degenerating by the year. I actually sympathize with the hosts of these events for actually having to watch these horrendous battles from start to finish. You can't not respect their endurance though lol.
why are you here
nixstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:00 AM   #93
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
I'd be interested to hear why you think that is.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:03 AM   #94
My Kall

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixstix View Post
why are you here
Because when I was young I was fan of Battle-Rap like you guys and I've just matured past it. In 2013/2014 I frequented this site to try and convince people they shouldn't like Battle-Rap, which was immature of me because I've recently began to accept that people's preferences vary immensely. Most of the threads I post on now are about real life issues not totally related to Battle-Rap, OR about Battle-Rap nostalgia, OR about 90s/2000s Hip-Hop.

Has that cleared up your confusion as to why I post here?
Old 08-01-2015, 01:06 AM   #95
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Because when I was young I was fan of Battle-Rap like you guys and I've just matured past it. In 2013/2014 I frequented this site to try and convince people they shouldn't like Battle-Rap, which was immature of me because I've recently began to accept that people's preferences vary immensely. Most of the threads I post on now are about real life issues not totally related to Battle-Rap, OR about Battle-Rap nostalgia, OR about 90s/2000s Hip-Hop.

Has that cleared up your confusion as to why I post here?
Perhaps u could obstensibly convey utterances of diseetablishmentarianism perpetuating the manifestation of the systemic pretense

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:30 AM   #96
My Kall

Quote:
I'd be interested to hear why you think that is.
It's mostly because I'm no longer an ignorant adolescent.

I think Battle-Rap lost its jocular fun factor in 2012, I think the "I'm more thuggish than you!" yelling contests have gone so over the top, and I honestly feel like I'm torturing my mind when I watch them.

I also think battlers are not as technically industrious as they used to be. For example the multi-syllabic patterns that battle-rappers use now are a lot more banal and unimaginative than during 2009/2010. In a way I kinda miss the multis fad of the late 2000s, but maybe I only liked it because I was an undiscerning teenager.

My disillusionment with Battle-Rap began when they extended the Battles to 30-40 minute videos in front of disruptively huge audiences, the videos were just too stop-start, I stopped replaying videos around that time.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:39 AM   #97
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
Nah, he really is a great writer and I been saying this for like 4 years or sutin now. It has nothing to do with the colour of his skin but it could be that he is a fairly geeky guy and drops a lot of geeky references.

Saying he hasn't got many standout lines is nuts to me though, he has fucking loads.
Geeks shouldn't battle rap. Period.... But you're probably right about him having loads on his face

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Old 08-01-2015, 01:43 AM   #98
My Kall

BTW if y'all wanna neg me after reading my doom stricken censure of your favourite recreational activity, I'd totally understand.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:55 AM   #99
Briscoe

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Briscoe is not the worst person
I think the list should just be a top 1 list and top 1 of that top 1 list should be Tycoon Tax because I hate battle rap and he perfectly demonstrates that.

BATTLE RAP SUCKS
Briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:57 AM   #100
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Hoohoo tell em,Fred... I invented battle rap

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Old 08-01-2015, 10:03 AM   #101
Rim

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Rim is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaFreeCashier View Post
i think something that legitimately holds soul back is how thick his accent is.
Speaking as someone from Scotland, Soul's accent is not thick AT ALL.
Rim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:29 PM   #102
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
But you're probably right about him having loads on his face
Terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:33 PM   #103
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

I ain't homophobic but yah I'm gonna expose it

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Old 08-01-2015, 04:54 PM   #104
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
2013 takes the cake for worst year ever, unquestionably. I've not hated 2015 quite as much as 2012 either. 2014 and 2015 are both equally intolerable though I agree. I think I'm suffering from Battle-Rap anhedonia.
I don't understand why you are here, commenting on this list, if you haven't enjoyed battle rap for 4 years. Just get a new hobby ffs lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:11 PM   #105
My Kall

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
I don't understand why you are here, commenting on this list, if you haven't enjoyed battle rap for 4 years. Just get a new hobby ffs lol.
Man I still like a few battlers, such as Pat Stay and Rone, and I'm glad they made the list, Rone deserves the title so far.

Do people really think that Hollow, Chilla and K-Shine have enriched battle-rap more in 2015 than Thesaurus? But perhaps I'm not the person to consult with anymore, seen as I'm not even a fan.

But what more does Thesaurus actually have to do? lol.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:19 PM   #106
My Kall

The Chilla situation is particularly strange because I think he really was one of the best battlers in 2013/2014 when he wasn't getting honoured by the media, and now he's a being bit mediocre, the media begins to laud him with adulation. I don't understand? Confused.com.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:59 PM   #107
SIROB

Quote:
By winning the biggest url battle if the year

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk
Weren't even the main event lol
Old 08-01-2015, 10:00 PM   #108
SIROB

Quote:
The Chilla situation is particularly strange because I think he really was one of the best battlers in 2013/2014 when he wasn't getting honoured by the media, and now he's a being bit mediocre, the media begins to laud him with adulation. I don't understand? Confused.com.
Facts
Old 08-02-2015, 02:43 AM   #109
SuckaFreeCashier

Quote:
Weren't even the main event lol
Old 08-02-2015, 09:17 AM   #110
SIROB

Quote:
#ItHurts. Hollow don't belong on this list lol. His performance wasn't incredible, he came in and did what he had to do. Not enuffffffff.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:50 PM   #111
SuckaFreeCashier

Quote:
#ItHurts. Hollow don't belong on this list lol. His performance wasn't incredible, he came in and did what he had to do. Not enuffffffff.
but how wasn't it the main event?
Old 08-02-2015, 04:29 PM   #112
SIROB

Quote:
but how wasn't it the main event?
It wasn't. Surf vs roc was.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:18 PM   #113
SuckaFreeCashier

Quote:
It wasn't. Surf vs roc was.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:33 PM   #114
Vanilla
Original RMBVA Dondatta

Mentioned: 729 Post(s)
Vanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time Antarctica
This list is an absolute joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganikHipHop View Post
after all of this.. yall will still call us hill billys downplay our role and our history... but it aint gonna change shit
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 06:14 PM   #115
SIROB

Quote:
Can confirm clips was upset
Old 08-06-2015, 08:23 PM   #116
BattleRapChris
Media

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
BattleRapChris is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattleRapChris is better than Grind Time Australia
Finally got the breakdown out for anyone who wondered ->

http://hhdx.co/1MPPl55

Complete "Born Legacy 2" coverage

Complete "Blackout 6" coverage

Complete 2015 In Review coverage

Twitter -> @BattleRapChris
BattleRapChris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8220, 8221, even new guys bodying 6000, everybody bodies 6000, ithurts, saltinesupportgroup