Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
VICE: CTV Hosted the World's Most Cringeworthy Rap Battle

Old 02-17-2016, 12:50 PM   #41
Carl Spackler
Cinderella story

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Carl Spackler is better than Grind Time AustraliaCarl Spackler is better than Grind Time Australia
I'm not trying to take sides in any of this cause tbh its pretty wack all around, but it kills me that kotd doesn't want this to reflect their brand when it pretty much is a perfect representation of what their about, or at least what they were about before everything shifted towards American talent.

Maybe this will be the final straw and all active canadian battlers(minus Pat) get relegated to GZ.
Carl Spackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:57 PM   #42
TonySharks
Sharks Industries

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
TonySharks is not the worst person
5* THREAD stop downgrading it you fucking butt hurt pussy's

01 - CHRISTIAN 818
02 - ALKI DAVID
03 - G MONEY
04 - FILMON
05 - MANIK
06 - NORBES
07 - DAYLYT
08 - LAURA TARSI
09 - BILLY BOONDOCKS
10 - GUY WHO GOT KNOCKED OUT BY SHOW OUT

TonySharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:12 PM   #43
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Vice is like the pitchfork media of news

Charron and hfk are NOT hip

... Neither is the word "hip"

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:40 PM   #44
Nabisco

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Nabisco is not the worst person
Does anyone here actually like or respect Bishop?

If he weren't associated with KOTD, I wouldn't know him from Adam. Literally never heard of him in the US before I got into battling years ago.

He talks about what's best for the brand, yet every single live PPV I watch he's drunk, rambling on the mic, and talking shit to all the fans who paid and came out to support his brand.

And now attempting to blame the fans for the backlash they're receiving from KOTD's own dumbass mistake.

Dude's a joke.
Nabisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:20 PM   #45
TonySharks
Sharks Industries

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
TonySharks is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabisco View Post

If he weren't associated with KOTD, I wouldn't know him from Adam. Literally never heard of him in the US before I got into battling years ago.

He talks about what's best for the brand, yet every single live PPV I watch he's drunk, rambling on the mic, and talking shit to all the fans who paid and came out to support his brand.

And now attempting to blame the fans for the backlash they're receiving from KOTD's own dumbass mistake.

Dude's a joke.

FACTZ

01 - CHRISTIAN 818
02 - ALKI DAVID
03 - G MONEY
04 - FILMON
05 - MANIK
06 - NORBES
07 - DAYLYT
08 - LAURA TARSI
09 - BILLY BOONDOCKS
10 - GUY WHO GOT KNOCKED OUT BY SHOW OUT

TonySharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:30 PM   #46
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:

Dude's a joke.
If you're from anywhere around Toronto and grew up listening to rap you know Bishop. He came up at a time when it was impossible for Canadians to get exposure elsewhere though so I don't expect anyone not from the area to really know him.

I can understand not liking the persona he has on cam, but trust me, he's big for KOTD.

Remember when he left KOTD for a bit? The events they were throwing in his absence? It's not entirely a coincidence that the quality dropped off.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:00 PM   #47
Casual

Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Made it to the front page of Toronto reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/com...ngeworthy_rap/
Old 02-17-2016, 03:03 PM   #48
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Seanzo layeth the smacketh down

Nagl for organik

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Old 02-17-2016, 03:05 PM   #49
Casual

How long have I been saying Charron is the worst possible look for KOTD????
@Bishop Brigante this dude will be the demise of a great company if you guys don't cut ties soon. Bad look for white people everywhere.

Last edited by Casual; 02-17-2016 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:15 PM   #50
Casual

Old 02-17-2016, 05:02 PM   #51
Nabisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
If you're from anywhere around Toronto and grew up listening to rap you know Bishop. He came up at a time when it was impossible for Canadians to get exposure elsewhere though so I don't expect anyone not from the area to really know him.

I can understand not liking the persona he has on cam, but trust me, he's big for KOTD.

Remember when he left KOTD for a bit? The events they were throwing in his absence? It's not entirely a coincidence that the quality dropped off.
I'm from North Carolina so that probably explains my limited exposure to him.

It does seem like he's important when it comes to the events but my man also comes off as an arrogant prick like 90% of the time.

Not doubting his influence on the scene but where's the professionalism?

In Beasley's latest BattleRap.com interview, he says something like "I'm not working tonight so I'm drinking and having some fun..." Insinuating when URL throws their big events he's busting his ass, taking things seriously etc.

Then you have KOTD throwing their annual "Blackout" event named after Bishop and the inevitable 25 gin and tonics he'll drink before threatening to fight the audience and Organik having to tell him to shut-up continuously.

Not a good look IMO.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:18 PM   #52
JAR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
JAR is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
I'm not trying to take sides in any of this cause tbh its pretty wack all around, but it kills me that kotd doesn't want this to reflect their brand when it pretty much is a perfect representation of what their about, or at least what they were about before everything shifted towards American talent.
THIS 1000%!!!!!!!!! Dead on man! This was completely 2009 - 2012, until mostly the Fresh Coast took over and they shifted from Canadian artists being in KOTD but now are all relegated to GZ. Although it's a "separate" league, isn't GZ under the KOTD brand? Because this is exactly how GZ battles are. Fucking dead on man.

I saw nothing to apologize other than it was on a television show that can't have that type of content, but it 1000% represents the KOTD brand of battles.
JAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:32 PM   #53
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
I'm from North Carolina so that probably explains my limited exposure to him.

It does seem like he's important when it comes to the events but my man also comes off as an arrogant prick like 90% of the time.

Not doubting his influence on the scene but where's the professionalism?

In Beasley's latest BattleRap.com interview, he says something like "I'm not working tonight so I'm drinking and having some fun..." Insinuating when URL throws their big events he's busting his ass, taking things seriously etc.

Then you have KOTD throwing their annual "Blackout" event named after Bishop and the inevitable 25 gin and tonics he'll drink before threatening to fight the audience and Organik having to tell him to shut-up continuously.

Not a good look IMO.
I like the perspective but I'm gonna go ahead and say that KOTD had guys like Avi Rex who are probably more similar to Beasley who are more behind the scenes and professional. Smack drinks on stage pretty regularly doesn't he?

Not saying you don't have a point- cuz if I ran an event I'd probably want to be all business no partying but I just wouldn't really compare bishop to Beasley
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:38 PM   #54
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

This is kind of just funny... Organik must've been on like a 3 day binge or something cause dude doesn't know wtf he be talkin biut

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Old 02-17-2016, 09:01 PM   #55
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:

Maybe this will be the final straw and all active canadian battlers(minus Pat) get relegated to GZ.
smh this is the realist shit ever

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:02 PM   #56
brodeezy

brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
also lmaooo @ whoever uploaded it after HFK took it down from that other rmbva thread . homie got himself 78,000 views.

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:

Last edited by brodeezy; 02-17-2016 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:20 PM   #57
BOLDYIN
Hey Fellas!

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
BOLDYIN is a PY Poster
This whole shit reminds me of that family guy episode where brian goes on tv with his book and gets slated and crumbles

They should at least stand by their shit even if it wasnt a good look

They should just use pat for this shit, my aunt can watch pat and dig it
Lyckety Splyt
Lil Tic
Greg Buehl
BOLDYIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:34 PM   #58
Prelec
kevin

Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
@OrganikHipHop why are you ignoring us!! I know you read every single word in this thread
Prelec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:40 PM   #59
Nabisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
I like the perspective but I'm gonna go ahead and say that KOTD had guys like Avi Rex who are probably more similar to Beasley who are more behind the scenes and professional. Smack drinks on stage pretty regularly doesn't he?

Not saying you don't have a point- cuz if I ran an event I'd probably want to be all business no partying but I just wouldn't really compare bishop to Beasley
You're right... Got the gist of the point I was trying to make though haha
Old 02-17-2016, 10:00 PM   #60
TheRealDetour
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 285 Post(s)
TheRealDetour is not the worst person
am i the only one not surprised that a report titled "most cringeworthy rap battle in history" would have the names HKF and/or charron in it?

It takes some skill to engage haters and keep shit going like he did. In truth he made a fool of Thesaurus in an earlier thread.
www.youtube.com/dubtreys
TheRealDetour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:05 PM   #61
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
You're right... Got the gist of the point I was trying to make though haha
exaxtly. but I'll also say if everyone in battle rap was more like beasly, it would be a much better place lol
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:14 PM   #62
TheRealDetour
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 285 Post(s)
TheRealDetour is not the worst person
Quote:

amen...tbh this is still the KOTD brand, cuz its still what most of the canadian battlers rap like...u cant say charlie clips an kg the poet an cortez an john john are KOTD's brand, cuz they're not...

an i agree with what was said before too, that KOTD shouldnt be threatening to ban people from their group if they dont agree to bury this an never speal of it again...

here's an idea @OrganikHipHop - IF U DONT WANT PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT UR TERRIBLE EVENT THEN DONT THROW TERRIBLE EVENTS IN THE FIRST PLACE! novel idea, i know, but take it from me, i threw an event that turned out shitty once...but instead of threatening people for bringing it up i did this really weird thing called learning from your mistakes an moving on...u should try it sometime...

besides, how a 6 AM local news rap battle between HFK an charron, of all the names u couldve chosen, got approved by anyone on ur staff is light years beyond me...

It takes some skill to engage haters and keep shit going like he did. In truth he made a fool of Thesaurus in an earlier thread.
www.youtube.com/dubtreys
TheRealDetour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:20 PM   #63
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
i think this might have destroyed any chance kotd had of becoming mainstream in canada, maybe everywhere in the world. god damn organik u fucked up bad here.
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:23 PM   #64
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
u couldnt have, idk, illmac, the champion and top tier rapper in the world go up there and spit a little verse....or like someone else said in another thread 100 bulletz....bender...kid twist...chedda cheese...ANYONE else than two dudes that are known for making stupid childish jokes constantly in all of their raps, and they cant even flow at all......what a horrible decision
Old 02-17-2016, 10:27 PM   #65
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettonetics View Post
u couldnt have, idk, illmac, the champion and top tier rapper in the world go up there and spit a little verse....or like someone else said in another thread 100 bulletz....bender...kid twist...chedda cheese...ANYONE else than two dudes that are known for making stupid childish jokes constantly in all of their raps, and they cant even flow at all......what a horrible decision
He said in the other thread it was 12 hours notice. Pretty much all those dudes have lives except Bulletz who takes at least 1 week to write a crappy associative wordplay round. I feel like Twist probably wouldn't want to do this type of thing, it doesn't really benefit him considering he actually battles as a hobby, plus isn't he in journalism? This type of look could be bad considering the industry is kinda small. The rest live pretty far from Toronto I think.

Charron is a battle rap lifer and hfk lives in the area, so unfortunately it's what he had to go with.

Considering Ganik doesn't book HFK for real KOTD battles and seems to have come around to the fact that Charron sucks, I highly doubt they were his first choices in a perfect world.

But yes, you're right...putting two dudes who have never been good for anything but rewriting mom and dick jokes they googled on this show ain't the best decision.

Last edited by Casual; 02-17-2016 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:30 PM   #66
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Quote:
He said in the other thread it was 12 hours notice. Pretty much all those dudes have lives except Bulletz who takes at least 1 week to write a crappy associative wordplay round. I feel like Twist probably wouldn't want to do this type of thing, it doesn't really benefit him considering he actually battles as a hobby, plus isn't he in journalism? This type of look could be bad considering the industry is kinda small. The rest live pretty far from Toronto I think.

Charron is a battle rap lifer and hfk lives in the area, so unfortunately it's what he had to go with.

Considering Ganik doesn't book HFK for real KOTD battles and seems to have come around to the fact that Charron sucks, I highly doubt they were his first choices in a perfect world.
haha this makes more sense, in my ignorant mind canada is just canada and every canadian should be available to be anywhere at any time lmfao.but god damn...i know kotd has to have more guys around toronto that are better and willing to do something like this right?
Old 02-17-2016, 10:44 PM   #67
brodeezy

reiterating my question as to why a battle had to even go down on that kind of notice. why not just do a regular interview. if your last resort is to have hfk and charron show up for a battle.. its better to scrap that idea and just take on a regular fuckin interview lmao

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Old 02-17-2016, 10:50 PM   #68
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
reiterating my question as to why a battle had to even go down on that kind of notice. why not just do a regular interview. if your last resort is to have hfk and charron show up for a battle.. its better to scrap that idea and just take on a regular fuckin interview lmao
right? i was just thinking this too...just dont go through with it if this is what ur gonna bring. its a fun idea but when these are the dudes ur bringing to the table its just plain not worth it
Old 02-17-2016, 10:52 PM   #69
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

but hey, any publicity is good publicity right???????? ................right.....?
Old 02-17-2016, 10:59 PM   #70
brodeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettonetics View Post
but hey, any publicity is good publicity right???????? ................right.....?
idk but i just read the tags and found out i had a white cock

anyone savage enough to.. you know..

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Old 02-17-2016, 11:05 PM   #71
Anti
Mr. Articulate

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Anti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
idk but i just read the tags and found out i had a white cock

anyone savage enough to.. you know..
It's not gay; HFK said so and I think this round certifies him as battle rap's fellatio expert.
Anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:10 AM   #72
VillageRam

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
VillageRam is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelec View Post
@OrganikHipHop why are you ignoring us!! I know you read every single word in this thread
this tbh
VillageRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:15 AM   #73
VillageRam

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
VillageRam is not the worst person
Quote:

But yes, you're right...putting two dudes who have never been good for anything but rewriting mom and dick jokes they googled on this show ain't the best decision.
you guys are right. what a dumb choice!
if Organik had any charm or skills at all he could have set up a canned "battle" between himself and the host where he fed her her lines before hand. It could have actually been a fun segment.

keep it simple, stupid.
VillageRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:21 AM   #74
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Why didn't Organik get the host to throw random words at Charron and let him freestyle off them? It would impress people watching and it would work to the one thing that Corey is good at,
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:43 AM   #75
brodeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Why didn't Organik get the host to throw random words at Charron and let him freestyle off them? It would impress people watching and it would work to the one thing that Corey is good at,
basically, what it boils down to is..

why is KOTD doing things without consulting RMBVA first?

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Old 02-18-2016, 02:49 AM   #76
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
basically, what it boils down to is..

why is KOTD doing things without consulting RMBVA first?
there's no excuse tbh
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:53 AM   #77
Wolfpac187
OTBVA's Tech Nines Bodyba

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Wolfpac187 is better than Grind Time AustraliaWolfpac187 is better than Grind Time Australia
Would it not have been better to just not do the shit instead of having two people that fucking suck represent your brand???
Old 02-18-2016, 02:58 AM   #78
KellyBetz of NoCoast
Columbia, Missouri USA

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
KellyBetz of NoCoast is not the worst person
No press is bad press
KellyBetz of NoCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 03:26 AM   #79
averagejoe
©

Mentioned: 1158 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyBetz of NoCoast View Post
No press is bad press

i just got off the phone will bill cosby and he told me to tell kelly betz hes full of shit and to stop smoking rock
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8212, brodeezy doesnt try hard i swear, brodeezy has at least 10 accounts, brodeezy hates his white cock, brodeezy hates selfies, brodeezy masterbates to rep, brodeezy removes mirrors in house, k.o.t.t.d