Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
If everyone had a gun the Cassidy Vs Diz battle....

Old 12-10-2014, 09:45 PM   #1
Ide Jeht

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Ide Jeht is not the worst person
If everyone had a gun the Cassidy Vs Diz battle....

do you give more credit to Cassidy for maintaining his composure?

Diz said everyone was strapped so he couldn't focus... Cassidy was battling at the same place

Does that matter or is it simply the bars themselves that count?
Ide Jeht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #2
Casual

Mentioned: 452 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
nah cass had nicki minaj's bodyguard there he's legally allowed to use lethal force to protect cass.

or something like that.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:54 PM   #3
slo_mo
Turnt Up For Lil' Boo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
slo_mo is a PY Poster
Who cares if they had guns? Are you a child? Most adults carry guns.
slo_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:54 PM   #4
Carl Spackler
Cinderella story

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Carl Spackler is better than Grind Time AustraliaCarl Spackler is better than Grind Time Australia
Diz plan was to bring the squad to intimidate Cass, cause Cass aint about that life. Turns out Diz not really bout that life, but that's not surprising considering he joined a gang at 30.

End of the day its just another Diz excuse though.
Carl Spackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:56 PM   #5
Ide Jeht

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_mo View Post
I wasn't aware guns were common place at battles. I thought that was the whole point of hiring sercurity.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:58 PM   #6
Ide Jeht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
nah cass had nicki minaj's bodyguard there he's legally allowed to use lethal force to protect cass.

or something like that.
so what it all came down to was Diz being outnumbered and outgunned by Cass?

that shit is bananas if at all true
Old 12-10-2014, 10:00 PM   #7
slo_mo
Turnt Up For Lil' Boo

slo_mo is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ide Jeht View Post
I wasn't aware guns were common place at battles. I thought that was the whole point of hiring sercurity.
Ultimately it comes down to the owner of the property. If he/she wants to allow firearms on/in his/her property.

Guns are a common place both in both public, and private locations. You have a gun to protect yourself, not fucking shoot someone.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:00 PM   #8
King John
AKA Barry McCockiner

Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
King John is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
Diz plan was to bring the squad to intimidate Cass, cause Cass aint about that life. Turns out Diz not really bout that life, but that's not surprising considering he joined a gang at 30.

This, just another excuse from Diz. Was he really scared he was gonna get shot mid battle with a room full of witnesses and a camera recording the whole time?
King John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:11 PM   #9
cooldoctormoney

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
cooldoctormoney is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by King John View Post
This, just another excuse from Diz. Was he really scared he was gonna get shot mid battle with a room full of witnesses and a camera recording the whole time?
this. why do yall believe everything that comes out of diz's mouth. "i punched math cause his verse got under my skin." "i choked against cass cause people had guns." pssh
cooldoctormoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:15 PM   #10
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
lmfao did he actually say that

@JerseyNoName @ekelon

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:28 PM   #11
Juan Demarco
Marinated Fan

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Juan Demarco is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
lmfao did he actually say that

@JerseyNoName @ekelon
Yes check out the Angry fan thread below. Diz was out Dized, hopefully this will stop him from trying to Diz other people in the future.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:31 PM   #12
soul khan
VIP

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
soul khan is not the worst person
Quote:
Thankfully this isn't true http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...ny-is-unclear/
soul khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:07 PM   #13
Blanco14
I'm from Houston homie

Mentioned: 644 Post(s)
Blanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul khan View Post
We're from Texas homie

So it is pretty true
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I don't have girls in my bed. I don't bring anyone to my house
Blanco14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:28 PM   #14
slo_mo
Turnt Up For Lil' Boo

slo_mo is a PY Poster
Quote:
If a surveyor formally asked me if I had a firearm, I would answer no, or decline to answer all together. A lot of states are fighting some type of firearm registration law to protect their citizen's anonymity, so you can about guess how they would answer.

Regardless, more people conceal than you know. Would you freak out, or refuse to preform if any the venue's you play at allowed firearms inside?
Old 12-10-2014, 11:52 PM   #15
SpecialOh
©

Mentioned: 1156 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
if anything it would motivate Cassidy to go more
nothin fixes a fallen off rap career and album sales quite like a shot to the head

this surprises me cuz in Toronto, the security 100% molested me
even if i had a baggie up my asss they would of found it
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:55 PM   #16
soul khan
VIP

Quote:
If a surveyor formally asked me if I had a firearm, I would answer no, or decline to answer all together. A lot of states are fighting some type of firearm registration law to protect their citizen's anonymity, so you can about guess how they would answer.

Regardless, more people conceal than you know. Would you freak out, or refuse to preform if any the venue's you play at allowed firearms inside?
A) This is an academic survey, not a law enforcement inquiry, so while many who unlawfully have a gun or are categorically against identifying themselves about it will refuse to answer or lie, that's going to be a smaller percentage of respondents.
B) That's 37% of households who say that they or someone in their household have a weapon (and that includes multiple gun owners in one home), not 37% of all adults. Sure there is basically a gun or more per every man woman and child in America, owned, in stock, or possessed illicitly, so that has the potential to push that number up, but it's a stretch to say that a majority of American adults carry weapons, especially since there's usually about a one-to-one relationship of weapons possession and risk (and by extension incidence) of gun crime, which, overall has gone down.

And I know how many people conceal and open carry generally (even though based on the legitimate stats, not the Lott/Kleck b.s. that's been many times debunked, it's a kind of fruitless investment to depend on a weapon for security purposes in your home or on your person in most areas). I have rocked in places where they don't frisk and CCW is permitted, but I didn't think much about it.

Last edited by soul khan; 12-10-2014 at 11:58 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:59 PM   #17
Blanco14
I'm from Houston homie

Blanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICE
Quote:
A) This is an academic survey, not a law enforcement inquiry, so while many who unlawfully have a gun or are categorically against identifying themselves about it will refuse to answer or lie, that's going to be a smaller percentage of respondents.
B) That's 37% of households who say that they or someone in their household have a weapon (and that includes multiple gun owners in one home), not 37% of all adults. Sure there is basically a gun or more per every man woman and child in America, owned, in stock, or possessed illicitly, so that has the potential to push that number up, but it's a stretch to say that a majority of American adults carry weapons, especially since there's usually about a one-to-one relationship of weapons possession and risk (and by extension incidence) of gun crime, which, overall has gone down.

Hey calm down with all the facts Soul Khan....

He's a Republican......
Quote:
Old 12-10-2014, 11:59 PM   #18
VAallDAY

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

What makes u think diz just joined a gang?
VAallDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:04 AM   #19
WillyRockBags

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
WillyRockBags is better than Grind Time AustraliaWillyRockBags is better than Grind Time AustraliaWillyRockBags is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:

i think diz is a little confused... just because someone as certified as AR AB says cass aint street to him... doesnt mean cass aint street to diz... cass is still from philly and no stranger to that type of environment
WillyRockBags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:06 AM   #20
FILTH
Jesucio

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
FILTH is not the worst person
edited.. already answered
FILTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:12 AM   #21
SpecialOh
©

SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
lol his supposed "thug" homies with guns were 5 feet away from the guy who kept booing him and didn't give a single fuck

idk that guy must of had a bunch of guns too i guess
Old 12-11-2014, 01:26 AM   #22
VAallDAY

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyRockBags View Post
i think diz is a little confused... just because someone as certified as AR AB says cass aint street to him... doesnt mean cass aint street to diz... cass is still from philly and no stranger to that type of environment
diz and daylyt had tons of grapes in the building and they were in LA, why would he be tripping I dont understand just sounds like excuses for fuckin up to me
VAallDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 06:52 AM   #23
Ide Jeht

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAallDAY View Post
diz and daylyt had tons of grapes in the building and they were in LA, why would he be tripping I dont understand just sounds like excuses for fuckin up to me
cause Diz said he brought like 5 people while Cass brought about 20 people who are strapped..but it didn't even look like there was that many people there to being with

I don't think most people assume that everyone at a battle even has a gun

I assumed just the opposite and thought this was an outlier but it seems like the security at these events is definitely not doing their job
Old 12-11-2014, 07:57 AM   #24
deathstare
thebraidthemyththelegend

Mentioned: 330 Post(s)
deathstare has seen da-feet
Another bullbullshit triptrip Di was bullbullshitting about was Cass security guard. He just proved that getting a BSIS guard card is more gangster than joining a gang. You don't have to be a cop to be a security guard. You just have to do 40 hrs training and not have a record or dirty piss

1 - THE KANG
2 - TONY SHARKS
3 - CASUAL
4 - THACITY
5 - VAallDAY
6 - Kbomb
7 - brodeezy
8 - Willy Pilgrim
9 - Yagerbomb
10- Adarone
deathstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:09 AM   #25
Water Mage

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
yall couldnt walk in Diz shoes if ya had the same size
Water Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:58 PM   #26
slo_mo
Turnt Up For Lil' Boo

slo_mo is a PY Poster
Quote:
The University of Texas, and the Texas Tribune polled last year, (Texas alone) reported 44% of Texan households brandished a gun... while 15-20% preferred not to answer. Whether 10% of Americans own a gun, or 40%, it's still quite a private subject for some. ---- Of course it wasn't conducted by LE affiliation. You think you'd get over 10%? Not that I care if they knew, but it's none of their fucking business, or anyone else's. But I digress...

We are heavily segregated by state on this issue, and I believe the numbers would represent that. If you told any knowledgeable Texan that only 44% of the homes in his state had a firearm inside.... that's absurd. You'd have a better shot at assessing how much gold each Texan has to their name. Another impossibility.

Quote:
it's a stretch to say that a majority of American adults carry weapons
Absolutely. I did not mean "most" in a literal sense. It would be foolish to think that 50%+ are carrying a weapon in even in the friendliest of states. I used "most" in the context as I would to say "most people watch the Superbowl." You wouldn't refute that even though it's technically inaccurate. In a casual group setting of adults, it's likely one of them is carrying. In a non-so-casual rap battle setting, it would be common knowledge. Why would anyone bat an eyelash? It's not like they were there to shoot up the place.

I question the accuracy of any survey when it comes to displaying gun ownership, but I could care less of it's true number. Whether it be 10%, or 90%... as long as taking them away isn't on your agenda.

Quote:
it's a kind of fruitless investment to depend on a weapon for security purposes in your home or on your person in most areas).
Man... what the fuck? If an intruder broke into my house, I'd secure my loved ones, and turn the crib into a mother fucking light show. Do you have a plan in place to protect your house if such an unfortunate event were to rise?
Old 12-11-2014, 02:55 PM   #27
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Oh shit what?! Diz isn't a gangster? He's afraid of real Gs? He ain't bout that life?

Omg I coulda sworn on Ekelon's brother Diz was a G man... He knows crips and he punched the bully Math Hoffa! Can't fucking believe it
Shadowposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:57 PM   #28
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Mentioned: 805 Post(s)
Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
"most adults carry guns"

wtf

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:58 PM   #29
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Mentioned: 805 Post(s)
Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
Where? Somalia? stfu.

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:00 PM   #30
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Beaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICE
lol sole kan is so pathetic...probably has the huffington post bookmarked what a loser!!!
Beaux Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:07 PM   #31
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
"most adults carry guns"

wtf
No wonder "slo mo" and "shoot" have the same number of letters
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:10 PM   #32
Blanco14
I'm from Houston homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeHamelsBojangles View Post
lol sole kan is so pathetic...probably has the huffington post bookmarked what a loser!!!
Quote:
Old 12-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #33
The Chef
KingOfThaKitchen

Mentioned: 305 Post(s)
The Chef is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Chef is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Chef is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

A Feat Would Be To Do Lines Completely Unrelated To A Game Or Movie That Clearly Reference Them.
The Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #34
Water Mage

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
Quote:

Didnt Diz say he had family in the room..

even if Diz had 60 years experience in gang life he would still be emotional and sketched out in those types of situations because thats just his personality
Water Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:35 PM   #35
Carl Spackler
Cinderella story

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Carl Spackler is better than Grind Time AustraliaCarl Spackler is better than Grind Time Australia
I don't know about that, and i don't think it really matters. His plan was to have people with guns in his corner, why the fuck would he bring family into a situation that he knew could get real, real fast?

Just more excuses... I'm just surprised he didn't "loose" his phone/raps before the battle
Carl Spackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:43 PM   #36
SpecialOh
©

Diz is a loser

he saying this to look tough (and thats whether its true or not)

violence against innocent people or the threat of it makes you a little bitch and someone who doesen't really belong in our society

its 2014 dawgs, killin is not cool
#RIPTrevorMartin
Old 12-12-2014, 08:48 PM   #37
soul khan
VIP

Quote:
Man... what the fuck? If an intruder broke into my house, I'd secure my loved ones, and turn the crib into a mother fucking light show. Do you have a plan in place to protect your house if such an unfortunate event were to rise?
Word, I get there's definitely an undercount of guns legally owned, but most consensus on that is that if there was some dramatic disparity that was worth citing every time, they'd be citing it, especially since they're perfectly fine with trumpeting the number of guns in the country in general, owned or stocked.

Sort of a general answer to the normative questions/opinions in your post, nah, my plan is to get my family the fuck out because statistically, civilians don't hit what they shoot at in this situation or other DGUs, often just getting their firearm turned on them or pilfered in the course of a robbery. I don't, like most people in America, live in a neighborhood where that's a realistic scenario so I don't spend my energy, time, money, or attention on "intruder" defense.

In some areas, where it is unreasonable to expect prompt help because of the sprawl of people, I get the practical reasoning of having a gun, but those areas also tend to have way lower crime rates, so thinking "gotta have this gun to protect my family" is alarmism. You're better off getting a fake security company sign, a big dog, and strong locks for your doors and windows.

I view the notion of mass civilian armament (especially in the open carry scenario) not as personally empowering, but as a signifier of a dysfunctional society or community contrary to the ideal of a democratic society of laws secured by transparent, apolitical law enforcement (obviously that side of the equation is fucked up in many ways).

Few of those things result in a strong correlation with victimization risk (unless you don't train your dog well) or a porous market of weapons kept unregulated or subject to unenforceable laws by a large, well-funded industrial lobby that invokes fears with anecdotes, hypothetical scenarios, and often race-baiting or political lies (OBAMA GONNA TAKE YOUR GUN, proceeds to do nothing about guns after kids get shot in the face, but still OBAMA GONNA TAKE YOUR GUN).

If it was reasonable or necessary to have a gun, sure, I'd consider it, but the numbers don't really bear that out, and they haven't for years. I also really am not trying to take it back to Deadwood especially when the aim of post-Enlightenment civilization with representative governance is generally kind of the opposite of that.

If you've been the victim of robbery or violence, I don't want to invalidate the reality of that, nor would I for anyone. I've been mugged, I've gotten jumped, had to defend myself or just gtfo of a spot, but in every situation, a gun would have either led me to shoot prematurely when I could have gotten out without killing someone (very often the case in DGUs where the only thing threatened is property), or just getting it turned on me. but when society's failing to govern as a way to preempt you from having to constantly defend yourself, seems like, based on other case studies among industrialized nations, the solution lies in working toward a better society, not a personal arms race.

Last edited by soul khan; 12-12-2014 at 08:52 PM.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:51 PM   #38
soul khan
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco14 View Post
Seatbelts are more likely to save your life than guns tho. Also, sometimes they're a nice sort of head sling when you fall alseep on a roadtrip and the window's too cold to lean against. Also, I don't drive. I SEGWAY FAM
Old 12-12-2014, 08:54 PM   #39
Blanco14
I'm from Houston homie

Quote:
Also, I don't drive. I SEGWAY FAM
Quote:
Old 12-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #40
soul khan
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco14 View Post
Fuck you caught me hypocritically letting that thang off.

Tags
riptrevormartin