Forum Home > Text & Audio Battles > Text Battle Main Stage > RBL
RBL Season 2 Week 2 Prediction/Discussion Thread


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2015, 02:47 PM   #201
SuckaFreeCashier
Registered User
 
SuckaFreeCashier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: St Louis
Posts: 4,357
Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
@JOBone v @ekelon

I thought this was a bit light from both sides. JOB, I thought your structure here was much better. Way less wordy and a lot more direct. I enjoyed the middle four and the closer was really nice. Nothing else stood out too much. Ekelon, The flow was nice in the first four but you completely ruined it with a boston marathon line... and a bad one at that. You can't call a road race "on a track", it's just not the same. I thought the lottery set up in the next four was OK but the following three were meh. Last four didn't really hit for me... was a risky approach that imo didn't pay off.

Have to go with JOB, had a lot more that landed for me




@riffic v @The Kurgan

This was my favorite battle of the week and one of the funnier battles I've read in a long time.

riffic, I get why you used four bars to illustrate the concept of the first four leading up to the stage directions punch, but I felt like there was something missing. Needed something to hit harder as the second line punch maybe, because I felt like I was waiting for something to hit. Stage direction was hilarious though. Thought the bojangles angle was solid and the dry humor bar was pretty funny. Foxcatcher line was nice and the closer capped off a solid verse. No real haymakers but a verse that was consistently hitting for me.

Kurgan, you started off OK, but the riff-raff concept is kind of expected. I had some riff-raff bars that I threw out when I last battled riffic just because they are really easy nameflips. The riff'l shuffle line is one of the most creative nameflips I've seen for riffic though, so i really liked that. The mod bar was pretty funny, clever take on it. I thought your final four were really good text clowning. It is hard to land punches based solely on humor but I thought you did a really nice job with it. Oliver Twist was a real nice cap on it. Clique bait like buzzfeed links is really damn creative, but feels just a tad bit off. Calling someone bait is just odd enough of an insult to take away from the punch imo.

So pretty close matchup, but a very good one. I'll edge to Kurgan as I thought he was hitting more frequently. Good shit guys.




@thatguy vs @King John

thatguy had the best verse of the week. I thought he had 3 real haymakers - butchering names, carved in the trunk, and wylie E coyote. The verse was structured incredibly well (as always) with no lulls whatsoever. KJ actually had a solid verse as well, but chose some unfortunate angles. I've heard countless duck duck goose lines before and I thought the demarco murray line was pretty forced as i think thatguy is canadian, so the out of texas doesn't apply at all. I really dug the LOTR line and the Tracy Mcgrady punch. thatguy was just too consistent though.

Voting thatguy.



EDIT - Oops, didn't realize i left off shazo and blanco


@JShazo v @Blanco14

Blanco, you would benefit sooooooo much from working on your rhyming. Single syllable end rhymes are nails on a chalkboard to me. You are very good at thinking of creative punches, but the rhyming issue creates such a one dimensional verse. The punches are cool concepts that are stuck at the ground level because that is all that is there. I can't recall if the rhyming is particularly off here, but this verse stuck out as being hampered by it the most. Concept wise I think you definitely won this battle ... but execution leaves more than a lot to be desired. And I'm not trying to attack you or be a dick, I feel like you could improve your verses a ridiculous amount by spending some extra time trying to find nice rhymes. It will improve the fluidity and make punches resonate better.

Shazo, I really enjoyed the opener, thought that was a great way to start. The next two were pretty meh, just fillery. Circle jerk was suspect at best lol. Jane from volturi was definitely hurt by the end rhyme not matching up super well, still was ok. The rest was just ok. Fairly weak verse but I know you were really rushed for time and you stepped up to fill in a void so it's totally understandable.

Even with the rhyming issues i'll give this one to blanco, but I really hope you take my advice into consideration moving forward.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kall View Post
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.

Last edited by SuckaFreeCashier; 03-13-2015 at 08:24 PM.
SuckaFreeCashier is online now  
Old 03-13-2015, 03:15 PM   #202
KBomb
2dope4you
 
KBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,096
Mentioned: 1551 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
@Ass Napkin Ed yo I don't know how else to phrase this sentence: stop posting shit and arguing with people in your battle thread. First of all you shouldnt be arguing with voting decisions to begin with, and especially not in your own thread. Keep ALL of that shit in this thread, that's what it's here for. If this happens again I'm gonna start deducting votes, you've been warned 3 times now
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikForeman View Post
scooby doo line was nice no lie

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason
KBomb is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 04:25 PM   #203
FatManFromSpace
Twinkie Madness
 
FatManFromSpace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Oakland
Posts: 2,022
Mentioned: 277 Post(s)
FatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time AustraliaFatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time AustraliaFatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time Australia
Some good battles this week. I think I got all of em...

Hey if some of yall get a minute do me a favor and see if my cole verse was decent or not. I'm tryin to improve and I can't do that if nobody sees my shit lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
are u claiming black ice is hiding vital evidence from the kennedy assassination ?

cuz i have always suspected that
FatManFromSpace is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 04:27 PM   #204
StabYourself
Seasoned Fan
 
StabYourself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: 831
Posts: 3,791
Mentioned: 337 Post(s)
StabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Some of my bars are going over heads I guess so...

Catchem on the mic and let the rocket blow where Ed hair is/Ed Harris, Apollo 13

Ed Harris was in mission control for the movie Apollo 13

Crank yankers was a TV show with a puppet named Special Ed who wore a helmet because he was retard so shell to your dome is a helmet

If ed see me? Its Ed TV, followem 24/7 and smashem with that nerds bike rack

This is what is called THE ELBOW

I connected the EdTV-24/7 to a 24/7-Bike Rack bar

24/7 is a known battle rapper currently making headlines for making semi racist statements (some may consider him white trash), but was made famous for a "bad bar" about bike racks

Robbin, Sal Governale and Richard Christy are all members of the Howard stern show, and Eds name comes from a member of the Howard Stern wack pack named ASS NAPKIN ED

Robbin is a woman who bitches consistently
Sal Givernale videobombed a newscast making out with a dude
Richard Christy is also a drummer in a metal band (rockin with the set- playing drums)

I understand that the structure isn't that hot cuz I did everything in about an hour, but this should give some insight to my mindset while writing my round

Last edited by StabYourself; 03-13-2015 at 04:34 PM.
StabYourself is online now  
Old 03-13-2015, 04:38 PM   #205
SpecialOh
 
SpecialOh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 13,845
Mentioned: 1156 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
@SonnyDaze i accidentally left out :

my rap skills provide opportunity.. open doors like chauffers at a car
i think ive seen u before...oh shit your the dude in gopher's avatar!!


I have 3 pages full for my rough draft and they all teeth jokes lmao...i suck


ima free these two for fun
when trees see you they run


i heard sonny on a track.. basic shit. lil ill had the same chorus
i heard sonny daze is a threat...yea maybe a threat to the rainforest
SpecialOh is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 04:44 PM   #206
FatManFromSpace
Twinkie Madness
 
FatManFromSpace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Oakland
Posts: 2,022
Mentioned: 277 Post(s)
FatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time AustraliaFatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time AustraliaFatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabYourself View Post
Some of my bars are going over heads I guess so...

Catchem on the mic and let the rocket blow where Ed hair is/Ed Harris, Apollo 13

Ed Harris was in mission control for the movie Apollo 13

Crank yankers was a TV show with a puppet named Special Ed who wore a helmet because he was retard so shell to your dome is a helmet

If ed see me? Its Ed TV, followem 24/7 and smashem with that nerds bike rack

This is what is called THE ELBOW

I connected the EdTV-24/7 to a 24/7-Bike Rack bar

24/7 is a known battle rapper currently making headlines for making semi racist statements (some may consider him white trash), but was made famous for a "bad bar" about bike racks

Robbin, Sal Governale and Richard Christy are all members of the Howard stern show, and Eds name comes from a member of the Howard Stern wack pack named ASS NAPKIN ED

Robbin is a woman who bitches consistently
Sal Givernale videobombed a newscast making out with a dude
Richard Christy is also a drummer in a metal band (rockin with the set- playing drums)

I understand that the structure isn't that hot cuz I did everything in about an hour, but this should give some insight to my mindset while writing my round
Well, I feel kinda dumb for not getting a lot of these. Dang...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
are u claiming black ice is hiding vital evidence from the kennedy assassination ?

cuz i have always suspected that
FatManFromSpace is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 05:10 PM   #207
TomB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 404
Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
TomB is better than Grind Time AustraliaTomB is better than Grind Time Australia
Glad my history references are going over well, because I expect to use them with obnoxious frequency.
TomB is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 05:29 PM   #208
King John
AKA Barry McCockiner
 
King John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 440
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
King John is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaFreeCashier View Post



@thatguy vs @King John

thatguy had the best verse of the week. I thought he had 3 real haymakers - butchering names, carved in the trunk, and wylie E coyote. The verse was structured incredibly well (as always) with no lulls whatsoever. KJ actually had a solid verse as well, but chose some unfortunate angles. I've heard countless duck duck goose lines before and I thought the demarco murray line was pretty forced as i think thatguy is canadian, so the out of texas doesn't apply at all. I really dug the LOTR line and the Tracy Mcgrady punch. thatguy was just too consistent though.

Voting thatguy.
I'm from Texas, the bar said

"Just copped a DE, so show up on my block acting like you Got No Worries
And that "new Eagle will have ya running back outta of Texas" like Demarco Murray"

Meaning, I got a new Desert Eagle, so if he shows up on my block the new eagle will have him running back outta Texas.
King John is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 05:40 PM   #209
SuckaFreeCashier
Registered User
 
SuckaFreeCashier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: St Louis
Posts: 4,357
Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by King John View Post
I'm from Texas, the bar said

"Just copped a DE, so show up on my block acting like you Got No Worries
And that "new Eagle will have ya running back outta of Texas" like Demarco Murray"

Meaning, I got a new Desert Eagle, so if he shows up on my block the new eagle will have him running back outta Texas.
ahh makes sense, my b bro. For some reason I didn't register the 'on my block' in the setup. Criticism still holds as the running back *insert player here* scheme is pretty dated (first one that comes to mind is Dose doing a Warrick Dunn bar against math)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kall View Post
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
SuckaFreeCashier is online now  
Old 03-13-2015, 06:29 PM   #210
Throwback Mike
I'M NOT PAT STAY
 
Throwback Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,040
Mentioned: 806 Post(s)
Throwback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB View Post
Glad my history references are going over well, because I expect to use them with obnoxious frequency.
The history references used to be my lane. We need someone to fill that void since I stopped using them with obnoxious frequency. I'm gonna have to come up with some good ones for Week 5 though...
Throwback Mike is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 06:43 PM   #211
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings
 
SonnyDaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 3,810
Mentioned: 943 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
@SonnyDaze i accidentally left out :

my rap skills provide opportunity.. open doors like chauffers at a car
i think ive seen u before...oh shit your the dude in gopher's avatar!!


I have 3 pages full for my rough draft and they all teeth jokes lmao...i suck


ima free these two for fun
when trees see you they run


i heard sonny on a track.. basic shit. lil ill had the same chorus
i heard sonny daze is a threat...yea maybe a threat to the rainforest
Can't believe I got exposed for jackin Lil Ill's chorus.
SonnyDaze is online now  
Old 03-13-2015, 06:50 PM   #212
Dank Schrader
Something whitty
 
Dank Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Leeds, England
Posts: 5,282
Mentioned: 962 Post(s)
Dank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwback Mike View Post
The history references used to be my lane. We need someone to fill that void since I stopped using them with obnoxious frequency. I'm gonna have to come up with some good ones for Week 5 though...
The RBL smashin the perception that text battles are nerdy since 2015
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
After battling a professional rapper like Dank and btw he's the only real professional I ever battled, I'm not going back to battling trash like this wack troll weirdo.
MY WINRAR ISN'T LICENSED
Dank Schrader is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 06:57 PM   #213
JShazo
Registered User
 
JShazo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,007
Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
JShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Y'all niggas had too m any statements in your verses.
__________________
JShazo is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 06:58 PM   #214
JShazo
Registered User
 
JShazo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,007
Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
JShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Shoutout rapbattles
__________________
JShazo is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 07:14 PM   #215
Blanco14
I'm from Houston homie
 
Blanco14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,108
Mentioned: 644 Post(s)
Blanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICE
I almost feel like the shouldn't even need explaining but @The Kurgan "I always put points into my round" like points.. The end of the arrows... Into my round.. Like a target is a round..

Some of you guys...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Am I a racist....Yes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I don't have girls in my bed. I don't bring anyone to my house
Blanco14 is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 07:16 PM   #216
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI
 
Ass Napkin Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: 2 LETTER MAN
Posts: 7,821
Mentioned: 508 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBomb View Post
@Ass Napkin Ed yo I don't know how else to phrase this sentence: stop posting shit and arguing with people in your battle thread. First of all you shouldnt be arguing with voting decisions to begin with, and especially not in your own thread. Keep ALL of that shit in this thread, that's what it's here for. If this happens again I'm gonna start deducting votes, you've been warned 3 times now
I know you hate me
But is there a rule that No Gay Sounding Saltine can recite my lyrics and purposely butcher the fuck out of them?

This is like when Saltines dressed up in black face to imitate 'lazy negroes'

Please give your fellow Nabisco this same warning
__________________
I STILL HAVE TIME FOR THE BULLSHIT

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 07:17 PM   #217
The Kurgan
Registered User
 
The Kurgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,960
Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
The Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kurgan is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco14 View Post
I almost feel like the shouldn't even need explaining but @The Kurgan "I always put points into my round" like points.. The end of the arrows... Into my round.. Like a target is a round..

Some of you guys...
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry man I can be an idiot sometimes.

I thought you meant rounds like rounds of ammo for some reason.
The Kurgan is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 07:31 PM   #218
Seanzo
We in here
 
Seanzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 10,481
Mentioned: 2898 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwback Mike View Post
The history references used to be my lane. We need someone to fill that void since I stopped using them with obnoxious frequency. I'm gonna have to come up with some good ones for Week 5 though...
I miss those, but I'm strange in that I like if I don't get a bar and it means I have to look up something interesting. One day we should do a non-judged battle where we just try to out nerd one another.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
Its called battle rap, not battle skin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 07:31 PM   #219
mirvmirvin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
mirvmirvin is a PY Poster
Thanks for the feedback guys. Yeah, I agree my structure/flow and rhyming needs the most work. I had to rush a bit this week tbh because I've had a lot of stuff on. I actually thought the hoffaluyah bar was horrible.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windows98 View Post
thesaurus on twitter. he always uses really cool sounding descriptions for really mundane tasks. he's like:

beastmode at the grocery store

crushin' it at the airport

rampaging all weekend *lil pic of him playing online poker*


it's endearing
mirvmirvin is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 07:54 PM   #220
KBomb
2dope4you
 
KBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,096
Mentioned: 1551 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Napkin Ed View Post
I know you hate me
But is there a rule that No Gay Sounding Saltine can recite my lyrics and purposely butcher the fuck out of them?

This is like when Saltines dressed up in black face to imitate 'lazy negroes'

Please give your fellow Nabisco this same warning
I don't hate you. I hate when you break the rules over and over. And I'm not about to tell one of the best members here that they can't give feedback a certain way cause you don't like it. Just dont listen to it from now on
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikForeman View Post
scooby doo line was nice no lie

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason
KBomb is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 07:56 PM   #221
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI
 
Ass Napkin Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: 2 LETTER MAN
Posts: 7,821
Mentioned: 508 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBomb View Post
I don't hate you. I hate when you break the rules over and over. And I'm not about to tell one of the best members here that they can't give feedback a certain way cause you don't like it. Just dont listen to it from now on
Don't even try it. You know that I am talking about mimicking, doing a gay vocal parody of my bars - feedback is fine
but don't get an illiterate homosexual to put an audio up of my verse
Make a rule on that
__________________
I STILL HAVE TIME FOR THE BULLSHIT

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 07:59 PM   #222
JShazo
Registered User
 
JShazo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,007
Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
JShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time Antarctica
We need them mic s breakdowns
__________________
JShazo is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 08:44 PM   #223
deathstare
thebraidthemyththelegend
 
deathstare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: east van
Posts: 1,684
Mentioned: 330 Post(s)
deathstare has seen da-feet
i will have em in soon...i didnt know they were due today..,y bad they will be in roight quick
__________________
TOP TEN MOST LIKELY TO NEVER TALK SHIT IN PERSON , BUT WILL ALWAYS TALK SHIT ONLINE

1 - THE KANG
2 - TONY SHARKS
3 - CASUAL
4 - THACITY
5 - VAallDAY
6 - Kbomb
7 - brodeezy
8 - Willy Pilgrim
9 - Yagerbomb
10- Adarone
deathstare is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 08:48 PM   #224
Seanzo
We in here
 
Seanzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 10,481
Mentioned: 2898 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathstare View Post
i will have em in soon...i didnt know they were due today..,y bad they will be in roight quick
They were due yesterday, dude.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
Its called battle rap, not battle skin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 09:11 PM   #225
Throwback Mike
I'M NOT PAT STAY
 
Throwback Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,040
Mentioned: 806 Post(s)
Throwback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
I miss those, but I'm strange in that I like if I don't get a bar and it means I have to look up something interesting. One day we should do a non-judged battle where we just try to out nerd one another.
Yeah, I used to actually try to drop bars that would make people look up something new. I'm not really sure when I quit doing that...

I'd definitely be down to do that type of battle at some point though. I've had one history type bar in mind for a long time, but it's such a specific reference that it won't really work unless you know a lot about Mozambique for some reason. I might just end up having to drop it when I'm running short on bars one of these weeks though.
Throwback Mike is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 09:12 PM   #226
Throwback Mike
I'M NOT PAT STAY
 
Throwback Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,040
Mentioned: 806 Post(s)
Throwback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by JShazo View Post
Y'all niggas had too m any statements in your verses.
Throwback Mike is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 09:27 PM   #227
SuckaFreeCashier
Registered User
 
SuckaFreeCashier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: St Louis
Posts: 4,357
Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwback Mike View Post
Yeah, I used to actually try to drop bars that would make people look up something new. I'm not really sure when I quit doing that...

I'd definitely be down to do that type of battle at some point though. I've had one history type bar in mind for a long time, but it's such a specific reference that it won't really work unless you know a lot about Mozambique for some reason. I might just end up having to drop it when I'm running short on bars one of these weeks though.
if you don't know a lot about Mozambique you probably should get the fuck up off this forum
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kall View Post
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
SuckaFreeCashier is online now  
Old 03-13-2015, 09:41 PM   #228
thatguy
Registered User
 
thatguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,864
Mentioned: 768 Post(s)
thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
lmao @Ass Napkin Ed, if you don't want me to read your verse Ill skip yours next week. relax
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Vayne View Post
someone explain to me how having your little sister's kiddiepictures is an insult?
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Dizaster is my most favorite battle rapper of all time.
thatguy is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 09:43 PM   #229
thatguy
Registered User
 
thatguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,864
Mentioned: 768 Post(s)
thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by JShazo View Post
We need them mic s breakdowns
ya I agree, im no mic s
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Vayne View Post
someone explain to me how having your little sister's kiddiepictures is an insult?
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Dizaster is my most favorite battle rapper of all time.
thatguy is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 09:54 PM   #230
KBomb
2dope4you
 
KBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,096
Mentioned: 1551 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Napkin Ed View Post
Don't even try it. You know that I am talking about mimicking, doing a gay vocal parody of my bars - feedback is fine
but don't get an illiterate homosexual to put an audio up of my verse
Make a rule on that
I didn't listen to the audio at all so I can't comment on it. But if he's making fun of you then make fun of him, but do it in this thread, not the battle thread
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikForeman View Post
scooby doo line was nice no lie

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason
KBomb is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 09:57 PM   #231
JShazo
Registered User
 
JShazo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,007
Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
JShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
ya I agree, im no mic s
Its not the same without the facial expressions
__________________
JShazo is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 10:06 PM   #232
RonSimmons
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
RonSimmons is not the worst person
@thatguy KaBlam was on Nicktunes
RonSimmons is offline  
Old 03-13-2015, 11:55 PM   #233
SpecialOh
 
SpecialOh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 13,845
Mentioned: 1156 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
thatguy is the best
SpecialOh is offline  
Old 03-14-2015, 09:33 AM   #234
JOBone
Seasoned fan
 
JOBone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6,599
Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I'm starting to feel as if making seasons are oversaturating text battles on here a bit.
JOBone is offline  
Old 03-14-2015, 12:04 PM   #235
Yagerbomb
FUCK
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Walking the dogs when Drake's gone
Posts: 1,942
Mentioned: 486 Post(s)
Yagerbomb is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBone View Post
I'm starting to feel as if making seasons are oversaturating text battles on here a bit.

I agree with this, I liked the whole "events" kinda set up, built more anticipation for people to vote n read now people (at least myself) feel forced into reading 30 text battles a week
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Penis or nothing
Get 'em a fuccen soda
Yagerbomb is offline  
Old 03-14-2015, 12:13 PM   #236
SuckaFreeCashier
Registered User
 
SuckaFreeCashier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: St Louis
Posts: 4,357
Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
I actually disagree with the above, I think the leagues are a fun change of pace. As long as voting can stay as consistent as it was week one (it really isn't that tough to vote on 8 battles) then I feel like leagues are better for newcomers and gives you a different opportunity to be creative with concepts.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kall View Post
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
SuckaFreeCashier is online now  
Old 03-14-2015, 03:15 PM   #237
Prelec
kevin
 
Prelec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: LAND OF THE DUTCH
Posts: 3,521
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
DOnt have much time to vote for battle this weekend so Im gonna do it now andd Im gonna do it quick imma read through yo verses and then comment who won sorry for the short votes but atleast I voted amirite
Prelec is online now  
Old 03-14-2015, 04:04 PM   #238
Prelec
kevin
 
Prelec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: LAND OF THE DUTCH
Posts: 3,521
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
and @KBomb what happens when someone doesnt post any votes/voting links at all?
Prelec is online now  
Old 03-14-2015, 06:17 PM   #239
KBomb
2dope4you
 
KBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,096
Mentioned: 1551 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelec View Post
and @KBomb what happens when someone doesnt post any votes/voting links at all?
whatever amount you dont post is deducted from you current battle poll and if you post none whatsoever, you start the nexts weeks poll with an automatic -4 in the polls as well
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikForeman View Post
scooby doo line was nice no lie

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason

Last edited by KBomb; 03-15-2015 at 03:20 PM.
KBomb is offline  
Old 03-14-2015, 06:18 PM   #240
KBomb
2dope4you
 
KBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,096
Mentioned: 1551 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBone View Post
I'm starting to feel as if making seasons are oversaturating text battles on here a bit.
That's why there's a hard 12 bar limit. Any more than that and it really starts to water down over the weeks but yeah I get what you're saying
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikForeman View Post
scooby doo line was nice no lie

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason
KBomb is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
teamleft


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Forum Stats
Members: 5,528
Threads: 26,931
Posts: 730,544
Total Online: 1756

Newest Member: Com

Latest Threads
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by Emancee
- by iamHBY
- by Chk82
- by iamHBY
- by Chk82
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:05 PM.