Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Thoughts on the bunker and ppv experience for the bunker specifically

Old 09-07-2016, 05:08 PM   #1
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1189 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
Thoughts on the bunker and ppv experience for the bunker specifically

thought i'd open up the discussion here. planning our next event for october and i just want to hear some feedback.

what works? what doesn't?
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 05:33 PM   #2
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Bunker is great tbh.

Mainly because it's a short and sweet event. Even the "one long ass video" replay concept isn't too bad with that in mind.

Wonderful live experience, nothing to be improved there. I would prefer individual videos for each battle at some point, but not nearly as big an issue as mega events (ie. the 6 2-3hour video WD6).
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 05:38 PM   #3
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
1 thing I've noticed just from the PPV and not even being there is that it looks ungodly hot in that mf to the point that it takes away juice from the crowd and even the battlers themselves... Marlo looked liked a red cross worker that was dieing from malaria in his battle with deadman.. granted LA is gonna b hot but are there any plans to install better ventilation/ac without sacrificing audio quality so your event isn't baking in a giant metal box?

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 05:46 PM   #4
AVOCADO
VIP

AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
yeah man it has been ungoldly hot, in fact the event with bigg k/cortez was during the hottest day of the year, i knew this going into it and spent 2k on air conditioners that didn't do anythign but keep blowing out the power and i bought 5 industrial fans....

but, its getting a lot cooler and the october event will be a LOT more cool.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:59 PM   #5
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
yeah man it has been ungoldly hot, in fact the event with bigg k/cortez was during the hottest day of the year, i knew this going into it and spent 2k on air conditioners that didn't do anythign but keep blowing out the power and i bought 5 industrial fans....

but, its getting a lot cooler and the october event will be a LOT more cool.
I love that your answer to this is, don't worry the seasons will change eventually haha...just playin

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:06 PM   #6
AVOCADO
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
I love that your answer to this is, don't worry the seasons will change eventually haha...just playin
lol i mean i did all i could possibly do and afford, i spent like 3k on solutions that didn't really work and getting actual AC installed in a 3 thousand foot square space is upwards of 10k

realistically i just can't afford it. maybe some day i will be able to.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:13 PM   #7
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
lol i mean i did all i could possibly do and afford, i spent like 3k on solutions that didn't really work and getting actual AC installed in a 3 thousand foot square space is upwards of 10k

realistically i just can't afford it. maybe some day i will be able to.
I applaud the efforts. Ya'll should hand out fans and encourage shirtlessness for the time being

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:18 PM   #8
rocky
Contributor

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
rocky is not the worst person
$2k on fans and AC?!?!?

I remember back in the day just giving an AC a hotel and a flight and it would do it for the love of the culture. Heating/cooling is getting unsustainable bruh

Carter Deems>>>>>>
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:18 PM   #9
Nikolas34520

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
So far I'm really enjoying the bunker battles minus the GZ cards. I usually get the big event ppvs like blackout, mass, wd but seeing the vision for the bunker battles brings back a simple, yet awesome essence that's missing in the current state of battle rap. It feels more like a battle rap event than a social event. I had to see it to believe it but I see it now. The last 2 bunker events were really good, it would be cool to see more international battlers. petsonally id like to see Anygma vs Dunn D and anyone vs Tumi at the bunker, the WD6 crowd was super wack and he deserves another shot.
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:23 PM   #10
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
They have produced many very watchable battles
Jack Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:27 PM   #11
Sven_E

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Sven_E is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post

Yeah and Marlo is probably the worst example he's from the uk where they melt away at 26 celcius.
[Edit: fuck quoted the wrong post] Meant to quote @RonRon da Dong ]

Last edited by Sven_E; 09-07-2016 at 06:31 PM.
Sven_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:30 PM   #12
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
pros:

- battles start instantly because your intention with the environment is to make it feel less urgent and more casual, while still being extremely competitive. well done. there's no prolonged intro because the hosts seem to respect that this is your event and your environment.

- the crowd is very much present in the footage without being either too involved or too little involved. reactions sound great, being able to overview the crowd for standouts is great, and it shows a sense of community.

- the whole setting as a whole feels raw, it feels barebones, and i feel as if that works toward the fact the bunker events have had a solid 8 for 8 on good battles at these events in both first watch, live watch, and replayability.

- the battlers willing to do bunker events currently seem to be the fresh coast/gz guys who don't get enough shine, so if this means more exposure for guys like Frak or Illipsis, i'm all for it.

- the delays were a lot better than the ones at KOTD/canada events.

cons:

- part of king of the dot's standout value is that every event feels unique -- or at least used to (both of the world doms in recent memory were black/red, as was battle of the bay 6, etc) and at the bunker, albeit that we've only seen two events, they come across as the tiniest bit dull. if in the future there's a way to create more ambiance through colored lights/shadows (i'm personally waiting for another green-lit event like quarantine, or to attempt a purple-lit one because no one has yet) i'd fully encourage you do it to give events character.

- the AC issue is heavy because you're packing tons of people into one room for a few hours, and it's understandable that it isn't cheap to maintain cooling on that. provide hella water for your patrons. include it in the ticket price.

- right now, the bunker comes across to casual fans as something that should be viewed a little lighter than a KOTD mainstay event and if the past 2 events have been any indicative of anything at all, it's that the quality of battles goes way up when you put them in the bunker. i feel as if bringing a HUGE battle to the bunker (I'm talking Hitman/Verb vs Marv/Quest big) would improve the view of it in fans' eyes.

I love the bunker. It's the best thing for battle rap, in my opinion. Thanks for making it a reality. (Also, the sign? The one Bigg K stands in front of in his King whatever thing, that sign looks fantastic.)

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:32 PM   #13
Jack Deuce
Media

Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
People I think are generally positive towards the Bunker, but what does kinda suck is that it pretty much makes huge events impossible

edit:More emphasis on kinda, less on suck, that seemed to be overstating my point

Last edited by Jack Deuce; 09-07-2016 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:34 PM   #14
AVOCADO
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
pros:

- battles start instantly because your intention with the environment is to make it feel less urgent and more casual, while still being extremely competitive. well done. there's no prolonged intro because the hosts seem to respect that this is your event and your environment.

- the crowd is very much present in the footage without being either too involved or too little involved. reactions sound great, being able to overview the crowd for standouts is great, and it shows a sense of community.

- the whole setting as a whole feels raw, it feels barebones, and i feel as if that works toward the fact the bunker events have had a solid 8 for 8 on good battles at these events in both first watch, live watch, and replayability.

- the battlers willing to do bunker events currently seem to be the fresh coast/gz guys who don't get enough shine, so if this means more exposure for guys like Frak or Illipsis, i'm all for it.

- the delays were a lot better than the ones at KOTD/canada events.

cons:

- part of king of the dot's standout value is that every event feels unique -- or at least used to (both of the world doms in recent memory were black/red, as was battle of the bay 6, etc) and at the bunker, albeit that we've only seen two events, they come across as the tiniest bit dull. if in the future there's a way to create more ambiance through colored lights/shadows (i'm personally waiting for another green-lit event like quarantine, or to attempt a purple-lit one because no one has yet) i'd fully encourage you do it to give events character.

- the AC issue is heavy because you're packing tons of people into one room for a few hours, and it's understandable that it isn't cheap to maintain cooling on that. provide hella water for your patrons. include it in the ticket price.

- right now, the bunker comes across to casual fans as something that should be viewed a little lighter than a KOTD mainstay event and if the past 2 events have been any indicative of anything at all, it's that the quality of battles goes way up when you put them in the bunker. i feel as if bringing a HUGE battle to the bunker (I'm talking Hitman/Verb vs Marv/Quest big) would improve the view of it in fans' eyes.

I love the bunker. It's the best thing for battle rap, in my opinion. Thanks for making it a reality. (Also, the sign? The one Bigg K stands in front of in his King whatever thing, that sign looks fantastic.)
thanks for this!!!
Old 09-07-2016, 06:38 PM   #15
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
Quote:
thanks for this!!!
book gjonaj vs qp as a token of appreciation!!! thx luv ur work sell mini bunker signs

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:51 PM   #16
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Bunker ppvs are fucking sick.
Maybe a timer for when the next battles are gonna start during the interviews so we know how long we have to go for a smoke? (The most minor issue)
The camera crews chat at the end should be a regular thing to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:53 PM   #17
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
The ppv part is excellent. Wouldn't change a thing. My only issue would be with the matchups, but I understand I'm not really part of the target audience. Also, I think no main event battle should EVER be 90 seconds, and I think even some of the actual target audience might agree with that. GZ and undercard battles being 90 second rounds is cool. Most kotd rappers I'd rather hear rapping for only short rounds. But high-profile rappers, and matchups that have heat or are attempts to appeal to people outside of kotd's core fan base will be disappointments if they are presented like some small-time, low stakes, inconsequential filler. High stakes battles deserve more time. Also, more high stakes battles would be nice.

*edit

Oh, and also dbd is a too much of a homer. Not everyone watching the PPVs is from the West Coast and/or blindly dickrides all the rappers in the "fresh coast" circle of friends. Every ppv when Dan is on I see lots of people are complaining about his blatant homerism and circle jerking. I know dude isn't a professional journalist or commentator, and he has no responsibility to be objective, but it's a little annoying considering that I'm paying for the shit and he's just spewing propaganda.

Last edited by 6000GP; 09-07-2016 at 07:03 PM.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:55 PM   #18
Jack Deuce
Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
The ppv part is excellent. Wouldn't change a thing. My only issue would be with the matchups, but I understand I'm not really part of the target audience. Also, I think no main event battle should EVER be 90 seconds, and I think even some of the actual target audience might agree with that. GZ and undercard battles being 90 second rounds is cool. Most kotd rappers I'd rather hear rapping for only short rounds. But high-profile rappers, and matchups that have heat or are attempts to appeal to people outside of kotd's core fan base will be disappointments if they are presented like some small-time, low stakes, inconsequential filler. High stakes battles deserve more time. Also, more high stakes battles would be nice.
Agree with everything here and I'm guessing I'm closer to the target audience
Old 09-07-2016, 07:04 PM   #19
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
my favorite thing about the bunker series has not been the actual setting, but the cards and the size of the cards. yall have, what, 5 battles per average event? very little room for error and you managed to deliver each time. of the three events so far, i can only name one battle that was just unappealing to me. that's says a lot about the quality of the bunker series considering that almost every event from every league has at least one or two "meh" matches, regardless of the size of the card.

the bunker is great for putting attention on super talented mid-carders and up-and-comers. imo, it's the perfect environment for top tier/upper-card battlers to give under the radar talent a shot at a wider audience. that'd be a cool way to shed light on the rappers who aren't racking views but, at the same time, deserve them.

the only bad thing is we can only have big cards in canada and mass once a year. if a few big battles aren't set for massacre, they'll most likely happen in canada and, well, sigh.

Last edited by peace; 09-07-2016 at 07:12 PM.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:13 PM   #20
SHOWTIME

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
SHOWTIME is better than Grind Time AustraliaSHOWTIME is better than Grind Time Australia
SMACK would never provide fans for the fans. Or cool AC. I think the most smack ever did was throw a plastic cup of a shot of Exclusiv vodka into the crowd "YO WHO WANT DIS SHOT RITE HURRRR"
SHOWTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:17 PM   #21
SHOWTIME

SHOWTIME is better than Grind Time AustraliaSHOWTIME is better than Grind Time Australia
Make the bunker an INTENSE environment at least for one battle and this will be it... @AVOCADO I appreciate you taking notes and taking the fans opinion as validated instead of just writing us off as "we spent a lot of money you don't understand," unlike somebattle brands. @AVOCADO here's what you do... Have a title shot contention match at the bunker. Done. Let it be judged, and that way the environment will get very real. Perfect type of setting for a title contention shot.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:17 PM   #22
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
More tacos please.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:20 PM   #23
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Honestly,

I think the matchup curation is the key to the Bunkers positive response so far. I think that they are pairing people who would normally not be paired because of lack of push or lack of being best buddies with higher ups, and relying on their actual talent to produce a good product.

I mean these battles are good, strictly based off that.

Could you imagine Fredo vs Bender on a WD/BO or whatever nonsensical megaevent? They just throw people who get views at each other, and give shots to people with connections. That matchup just makes sense for a good battle and I think that's the strongest selling point of the Bunker.

It's not about these ridiculous MEGA BATTES EVENTS THE6BABY. It's about trying to guarantee you are putting out a successful product.

I think the most telling strong point for the Bunker is that battlers are lining up to be on a card there. I think it's a progression and where battling should be at eventually, and most insiders/battlers that have a head on their shoulders are starting to realize it.

I think the only issue is sustainability price wise. Battlers rates keep going up for ignorant reasons on bookers end and because there is a cap on attendance, it hurts and there is one other think about the sustainability...

...I don't think the Bunker events garner enough support from KOTD as a whole. They need to rethink the business model, marketing plan, and support system. PPV buys end up being where the money comes from with these battles and there isn't much promotion or support. The only time you really see promotion or support for a Bunker battle is when it drops and it's good, then they hop on with the, '...see I told you' schpeil. Anything Toronto involved, or #Teamgully or #Teamganik always takes priority. Even an event called #GloveUp, yes #GloveUp, as a GZ event takes priority over stuff like this. Without delving and digging too much, the support system imposed for the Bunker is below poor.

Other then that, I like the Bunker, it's fresh, easy watching.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:26 PM   #24
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
SMACK would never provide fans for the fans. Or cool AC. I think the most smack ever did was throw a plastic cup of a shot of Exclusiv vodka into the crowd "YO WHO WANT DIS SHOT RITE HURRRR"
What's smack got to do with anything?

And why do you think that the venues URL uses don't have AC?
Old 09-07-2016, 07:29 PM   #25
SHOWTIME

Quote:
What's smack got to do with anything?

And why do you think that the venues URL uses don't have AC?

Bro it's just a dumb joke. Why so serious ? Everyone knows I'm not even a KOTD guy. So relax.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:36 PM   #26
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Bro it's just a dumb joke. Why so serious ? Everyone knows I'm not even a KOTD guy. So relax.
Ya, but why even bring smack up? We're talking about the bunker in here

Always funny when people say stuff, then get all "hey relax" when people say stuff back. I don't get it.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:44 PM   #27
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I also think there is something to be said about someone putting forth these events, crowd sourcing on multiple platforms for ways to make these events more enticing.

We actually have never seen something of that sort in years.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:49 PM   #28
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:

*edit

Oh, and also dbd is a too much of a homer. Not everyone watching the PPVs is from the West Coast and/or blindly dickrides all the rappers in the "fresh coast" circle of friends. Every ppv when Dan is on I see lots of people are complaining about his blatant homerism and circle jerking. I know dude isn't a professional journalist or commentator, and he has no responsibility to be objective, but it's a little annoying considering that I'm paying for the shit and he's just spewing propaganda.
Yeah, tbh, I don't like that Dan now sees it as a joke that fans complain about certain things, and instead of addressing them continues. Like, he should try to get better about this stuff and I'd really like if he stopped announcing winners of battles afterwards as it completely changes the discussion of the battle on Twitter. He's somewhat of an authority figure and him handing out bias the way he does is detrimental in a lot of cases. Chris even does it sometimes too, but he tends to keep himself mainly professional and Dan could stand to learn lessons from it.

It's frustrating the complaints are the same every time. If someone complained about work I was doing, and those complaints were valid, I'd try to change it. I don't see why Dan doesn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:57 PM   #29
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
Yeah, tbh, I don't like that Dan now sees it as a joke that fans complain about certain things, and instead of addressing them continues. Like, he should try to get better about this stuff and I'd really like if he stopped announcing winners of battles afterwards as it completely changes the discussion of the battle on Twitter. He's somewhat of an authority figure and him handing out bias the way he does is detrimental in a lot of cases. Chris even does it sometimes too, but he tends to keep himself mainly professional and Dan could stand to learn lessons from it.

It's frustrating the complaints are the same every time. If someone complained about work I was doing, and those complaints were valid, I'd try to change it. I don't see why Dan doesn't.
Honestly (and this is just my opinion, I'm really not tryna come off as a hater), I really believe that for whatever reason, *some battle rappers/staff think it's perfectly cool to insult and antagonize supporters and paying customers. Not everyone does it, but some rappers/staff do, and it's baffling to me how supportive some of the fans are about this. That's another topic for another day tho.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:18 PM   #30
Fingers

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Fingers is not the worst person
I think the Bunker has been the best idea in battle rap in years, here's why...

We got 3 events in 3 months, with a steady stream of releases.

Small-room, shorter round battles are where it's at! I can easily replay a number of the best Bunker battles, even back-to-back. There isn't a bunker battle over 25 minutes.

You cut down on advertising intros, and have added an option at the end of the videos linking to other recent battles.

You got rid of Lush-One the leader of the Fresh Coast f***ery.

Better diversity in artists (Dose, Megadef, NCredable, PNut, Bonnie, Deadman), but are still bringing in top tiers (Tez, K, ICE, Thesaurus, Rex, Dizaster, etc).

Wasn't the plan to throw an event every month?

I only bought the 1st PPV for $20. Reasonable price.
Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:21 PM   #31
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
If you don't like the events at The Bunker, you're untrustworthy, like someone who doesn't like corgis (or tacos).
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:41 PM   #32
SHOWTIME

Quote:
Ya, but why even bring smack up? We're talking about the bunker in here

Always funny when people say stuff, then get all "hey relax" when people say stuff back. I don't get it.
No you're just an idiot. It's a joke. It's because people always complain about SMACK and how they cater to fans vs URL. But you've always been a whiny hitch on the forums anyway, so no difference.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:00 PM   #33
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
No you're just an idiot. It's a joke. It's because people always complain about SMACK and how they cater to fans vs URL. But you've always been a whiny hitch on the forums anyway, so no difference.
Open for Caustic with that material. You'll make him look like Chris Rock.
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:03 PM   #34
Profess

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post

Isn't Dan usually high and drunk when he's doing this stuff?
Old 09-07-2016, 09:06 PM   #35
Profess

@AVOCADO really liking the Bunker events. I wouldn't be shocked if some top guys would take battles there at price cuts to put on a classic. At least a few of us agree Hollow vs Diz should go down there. That said, that would only be a good look with no 90 sec rounds. Also, have you been contacted about filming the Traffic event, is that something you'd consider, or conflict of interest?
Old 09-07-2016, 09:07 PM   #36
AVOCADO
VIP

Quote:
for sure agree with this.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:21 PM   #37
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Why so serious? I was just responding to your "dumb joke" and asking what relevance smack had to a thread about the bunker. So relax.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:23 PM   #38
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1466 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
The PPV commentary can definitely seem needlessly antagonistic -- I remember LNS kept, like, demanding that the fans enjoy the event and I was like "yeah man its going fine don't worry about it" -- and it also annoys me when they discuss the fact that they're commentating. As in minutes long conversations about the fact that their job is to commentate. I get you're there for a while talking, but... yeah, that's what your job is. It gets really bad near the end where Dan will actively check out and stop caring right when the biggest match ups are going down. Also totally agree that they shouldn't be swaying the public opinion by saying that a battle was 3-0 or whatever, because it can look entirely different to the people watching.

The production value is great.
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:24 PM   #39
AVOCADO
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
@AVOCADO really liking the Bunker events. I wouldn't be shocked if some top guys would take battles there at price cuts to put on a classic. At least a few of us agree Hollow vs Diz should go down there. That said, that would only be a good look with no 90 sec rounds. Also, have you been contacted about filming the Traffic event, is that something you'd consider, or conflict of interest?
i'd film traffic sure. wasn't contacted tho, im gonna go and show support tho this weekend.

thanks for the note man!
Old 09-07-2016, 09:25 PM   #40
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1466 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
I'd definitely suggest having more planned out discussions... the freewheeling nature of the commentary can be a huge put off after you find yourself in a 15 minute conversation that has no payoff
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
gloveup, teamganik, teamgully