Rone 47 52.81%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2016, 07:22 PM   #41
EchosMyron

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
EchosMyron is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
I also think Illmac has had a series of good opponents who've done poorly against him since Bigg K (Clips, Real Deal, Verb, DNA, Pat Stay) that some of his flaws lately weren't exposed as he really breezed past all of his competition. Hopefully this match is a wake up call, as he's still pretty dope and one of the best in KOTD.

Iron vs Illmac or TheSaurus (I feel like Mac is more likely, though less deserving) would be fire.
Real Deal, DNA and Pat Stay didn't do poorly vs Illmac at all. He just won. Pat was way better vs Mac than he was vs Daylyt and Cal. DNA was the workmanlike DNA he nearly always is and Real Deal actually had one of his better joints recently.
EchosMyron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:24 PM   #42
Mindless

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Mindless is a PY Poster
I'm not sure who I think won on the first watch. I feel like Illmac kind of got robbed for reaction. Did he set the corpse of Stu Hart on fire before the match and piss off all the Canadians or something?
Mindless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:26 PM   #43
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindless View Post
I'm not sure who I think won on the first watch. I feel like Illmac kind of got robbed for reaction. Did he set the corpse of Stu Hart on fire before the match and piss off all the Canadians or something?
i thought it was because illmacs material and delivery were very weak, i was shocked that the canadian crowd actually reacted accordingly MOST of the time.........
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:26 PM   #44
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchosMyron View Post
Real Deal, DNA and Pat Stay didn't do poorly vs Illmac at all. He just won. Pat was way better vs Mac than he was vs Daylyt and Cal. DNA was the workmanlike DNA he nearly always is and Real Deal actually had one of his better joints recently.
Pat was pretty bad against Illmac. He basically gave up the second and third. DNA freestyled against Illmac. And Real Deal did "Indian" bars against Illmac in a battle that almost everyone I've ever talked to about said he was horrible in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:27 PM   #45
Cheddah12

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Cheddah12 is not the worst person
Dam this seemed like a pretty clear 2-1 for illmac imo. Ill give Rone the first but after that I thought he was pretty bad besides the math joint.
Cheddah12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:29 PM   #46
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Pat was pretty bad against Illmac. He basically gave up the second and third. DNA freestyled against Illmac. And Real Deal did "Indian" bars against Illmac in a battle that almost everyone I've ever talked to about said he was horrible in.
yes but also in both those battles illmac kinda just went tf off and did what he does best... against pat stay and rone not so much even tho i still think he beat pat stay fair&square cuz pat sucks
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:31 PM   #47
EchosMyron

Quote:
DNA freestyles all the time. Let's not act like that was the majority of the battle. He came with competent semi retard raps like always.

I'd like to know your exact argument for why Pat gave up the 2nd two rounds though. Having watched that battle recently I thought his 1st was the weakest tbh.

IDK about the RD joint. Real was spitting in that battle. Get better friends!!!

I'll give you the Clips and Verb battles. They definetely came weak, but for all these it's clear to me Ills opponents were in that shit to win.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:33 PM   #48
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Man, that money/height angle was so stupid. I still can't believe the crowd went crazy for that. Then "you are too short to die for your country"?

I can't believe Rone would claim to write Pat's short jokes with terrible angles like that.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:36 PM   #49
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
short people mad ITT.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:48 PM   #50
The Saurus
VIP

Mentioned: 463 Post(s)
The Saurus is better than Grind Time AustraliaThe Saurus is better than Grind Time Australia
ill 2-1 tbh. Rone's performance was better but most of his material either had too long of a buildup to get to the payoff for my liking or it just didnt hit hard to me
The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:50 PM   #51
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
ill 2-1 tbh. Rone's performance was better but most of his material either had too long of a buildup to get to the payoff for my liking or it just didnt hit hard to me
no bias right pete?!?!?!!?!!!

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:51 PM   #52
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
wow this battle was cringeworthy on 2nd watch (First official footage watch)

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:09 PM   #53
The Saurus
VIP

Mentioned: 463 Post(s)
The Saurus is better than Grind Time AustraliaThe Saurus is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
no bias right pete?!?!?!!?!!!

Ive admitted my bias in every interview I did regarding this battle. But being bias doesnt make me any less right
The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:23 PM   #54
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchosMyron View Post
DNA freestyles all the time. Let's not act like that was the majority of the battle. He came with competent semi retard raps like always.

I'd like to know your exact argument for why Pat gave up the 2nd two rounds though. Having watched that battle recently I thought his 1st was the weakest tbh.

IDK about the RD joint. Real was spitting in that battle. Get better friends!!!

I'll give you the Clips and Verb battles. They definetely came weak, but for all these it's clear to me Ills opponents were in that shit to win.
Real Deal's performance against Illmaculate is one of the worst things i've ever experienced in my life. get a better opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:33 PM   #55
Rtongsta

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Rtongsta is better than Grind Time AustraliaRtongsta is better than Grind Time Australia
havent watched this or the PPV; from what i remember live
as this was the last battle of the night .... all i remember was going to sleep by the 3rd round. illmac had a corny weak angle about sandusky, and rone took illmac's angle vs bigg k (which I saw coming like 4 bars in). hopefully on cam this wasnt as bad ...
Old 03-14-2016, 08:52 PM   #56
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
This wasn't that good for either of them.
Shadowposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:04 PM   #57
magik

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
magik is a PY Poster
Energy sucked in the crowd, and energy sucked in the ''ring'' which made pretty much everything just fall flat.

They really need to stop treating this like 'PPV' events in other sports, consider the venues here seems packed from the jump, where as with say the UFC people really only start showing up by late undercard to be in time for the maincard, hell the 'fightpass' dudes will be performing for the crickets in the back sometimes.

This is people reciting man poems towards eachother, it's not a 'bloodsport' you will never reach the sort of atmosphere you get at those type of events anyhow.
magik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:57 PM   #58
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Only watched once on PPV but has Ill 2-1. Will rewatch. 2-1 no matter which side you're on. Nowhere near a body.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:54 PM   #59
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by illipsis View Post
idk, this is my first time seeing this, and I don't really get how Rone won...seemed like the crowd was actively not fucking with Illmac and that threw him off, but he still got every round to me...some of Rone's shit hit with the crowd but really doesn't hold up to scrutiny (I'm a quarter million dollars more attractive than you? You're too short to die for your country? tf?). Will be interesting to see where both of them go from here though
yeah, that shit was terrible

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:10 PM   #60
Jaybird

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Jaybird is not the worst person
Rone is my fav so I'm biased but I thought he won. Really liked his first. Liked Illmac's second at points and the rest wasn't great. Rone has to be more out of the box on his title defense. But id if really like his first.

@AVOCADO is the judges thoughts going up anywhere. Would like to see it.
Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:13 PM   #61
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 640 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
Rone is so #%#*#*#in' obnoxious... My LORD @Casual rone is corny af
Rone is Corny that more Attractive than you line OMG that's corny
Illmac clearly got robbed. Illmac's Godmode line was sick as hell.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:19 PM   #62
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JF1VE View Post
Really? I though that was a horrible angle...

Didn't like either third much, but edged the battle to Illmac. Crowd was sleeping heavy on him for some reason, felt like it killed his ability to build momentum. I thought Illmac's bars were tight, but his delivery was off. Rone's delivery was on point, but his bars were hit & miss.

Still one of Rone's better performances IMO, but thought Illmac edged it.
yeah that shit was so garbage. The judges should of looked at that like we deducting points on that and how most his shit was meaningless. Illmac clearly had people sleeping on really great bars. Illmac should of won that. Look at the votes on here. Illmac and Rone are almost tied but Illmac has a few more votes. Those KOTD judges owe Illmac big time.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
Old 03-14-2016, 11:27 PM   #63
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Quote:
Let's not forgot Illmac's Third round where he mentioned Youtube Getting brains in the Lac
Mad Child a swollen member getting neck while he's stiff...
That Shit bodied Rone.

This video speaks for itself.

Old 03-14-2016, 11:33 PM   #64
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Quote:
Ive admitted my bias in every interview I did regarding this battle. But being bias doesnt make me any less right
in all seriousness Illmac didn't spit a bad line not once. It's not bias if you break it down to how Illmac had some heat and took this battle serious.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:35 PM   #65
EchosMyron

Illmac was way too thirsty with those rebuttals lol.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:54 PM   #66
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Let's not forgot Illmac's Third round where he mentioned Youtube Getting brains in the Lac
Mad Child a swollen member getting neck while he's stiff...
That Shit bodied Rone.

This video speaks for itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oF7ckeb71I
that line doesn't even make sense. Madchild wasn't "getting neck while he's stiff", he just had a stiff neck.

it would've been aight if Illmac had spent like 4 bars on that video, make a joke or two and go on with your day, but the way he just kept rambling on without any real payoff for way too long made that terrible. Bender had a really good execution on making fun of Illmac's Old Spice commercial in their battle, for example.

and Illmaculate has always been and probably always will be my favourite battle rapper so this is no hate by any means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:01 AM   #67
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@AVOCADO the shot of Nelson chugging the bottle of water at the end is really funny

sry that's a really stupid reason to @ you
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:27 AM   #68
MannyAdriano

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
MannyAdriano is a PY Poster
Illmac would've won if he went first and spitting his 3rd round.

Crowd was bias though. Should've done it in LA.
MannyAdriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:35 AM   #69
Pavan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Pavan is a PY Poster
I never blame the crowd cause its part of the battlers job to make them react. But it kind of killed the vibe here and impacted their performances. Also, judging by the footage it felt like some were there kind to support Rone instead of watching a good battle.

Anyway, not their best performances and average tittle match.
Which is a shame cause Illmac is one of my favorites and Rone has his good days.

I gave 2-1 to Illmac.

Rone short jokes were really awful. Quoting Illmac lines and angles about his music career felt really flat to me. But he took the first even with the Dan scheme.

Illmac's first was really off.
I thought he came with too many jokes. It worked really well against Pat, but it would probably be more effective to outrap Rone with more schemes like the Picasso in God mode.

CAN WE STILL GET ILLMAC VS PASS IN CALI???
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:49 AM   #70
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Nick Vayne has seen da-feet
Rone 3-0

Thought this would be a lot closer but Illmac's first half of every round was abysmal and didn't get him the momentum needed to carry the good bars that followed. The crying sound he made at the start of his 3rd said it all, he doesn't handle losing well.

The battle was better than how I remembered it from the PPV though, Rone especially spazzed.
Nick Vayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:50 AM   #71
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
i think this was a pretty good battle but i get why some people were let down. i agree with the decision. Rone was just more solid. Illmac was good but he's capable of so much better. most of illmac's flips fell dead flat. One thing that kept this battle from being a classic: they both focused on flipping the classic schemes/moments of others as opposed to creating new ones. Rone flipped Illmac's closer from his Bigg K battle & Illmac flipped Verb's "that's how you talk to you son" shit (which Rone already flipped way better and funnier vs Real Deal). idk don't wanna complain, i'm just observing. I was entertained and i am appreciative. we battle fans are kinda spoiled lol
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:27 AM   #72
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1181 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
@AVOCADO the shot of Nelson chugging the bottle of water at the end is really funny

sry that's a really stupid reason to @ you
haha nah i appreciate it. thanks man!
AVOCADO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:34 AM   #73
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
I agree somewhat agree with the decision but it was a very debatable battle. Illmac could have got that, comes down to the second round.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChopChoiceBeats
www.facebook.com/ChopChoiceBeats

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. MF Doom
4. Notorious BIG
5. Rick Ross
Assassin Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:09 AM   #74
Ice Cup
-

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Ice Cup is not the worst person
Rone up there looking like Nathan Fielder.

You could free a whole scheme around him wearing a soft shell.

Overall, not great, but close, which was entertaining enough.

But, production was dope. Audio crisp. Nice job.
Ice Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:20 AM   #75
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Rewatching like this, I can see more clearly why they gave it to Rone. Illmac did the Charron thing of flipping to try to get crowd reaction instead of because he had something to say. When the flips didn't pay off, it robbed him of the energy to power through the opening bars. We were like 8 bars in before he'd even dropped a decent punch in the first two rounds.

Take out the flips and start stronger and Illmac could've won this. It wouldn't take much of a change to alter his material and take this convincingly. The end of his second and moments of his third were far better than anything Rone had.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:05 AM   #76
larry word
have no constraints

Mentioned: 273 Post(s)
larry word is not the worst person
i wasnt feelin either side at all nh

dunno, both coulda done way way better
Old 03-15-2016, 04:22 AM   #77
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
yea im sorry but:

He mentioned my homie from Seattle, which reminds me,
thereís just something wrong about you,
to the point Macklemore might make a song about you.

I mean, Iíll show you how to deliver the frees and get sick in the ring;
he said TheSaurus gets more pussy and he might be spitting the frees,
but thatís fitting. You know why that thatís fitting to me?
ĎCause youíre getting loose,
and this is the biggest pussy thatís every been given to me.

This bodyís about be a classic in this bitch.
He brought up the Hitori Hanzo blade, like that shit was a myth.
..I think Rone thinks that heís actually a prince.

He keeps bringing up conspiracies, and half of you laugh.
Well, I must be a conspiracy theorist; thatís actually facts.
Shit, I feel like B.O.B. with what Adam just rapped,
Ďcause I swear that entire round was actually flat.

As a matter fact, you talking Ďbout my drugs, when I got caught for the case.
He didnít mention my Pís, did he(Diddy)?
I mean thatíd be perfect, Ďcause his most-reacted line is when he remixed me.
(P Diddy - Remix me? Fuck all that.)

sorry....5 rebuttals and the only one that was worth saying was the BOB one.

the "rone thinks he's actually a prince" one was cool too i guess.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:39 AM   #78
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
the macklemore rebuttal is funny, pussy one is meh, actually a prince is meh, flat is really good, p diddy one is not bad at all

not sure why a rebuttal falling flat is given such negative attention, especially when you guys give super meh written shit a pass nonstop

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 05:45 AM   #79
Dylerius

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Dylerius is a PY Poster
Really enjoyed Rone's 2nd round, especially the gun/sword angle.

Edit: Illmac's 3rd is nice too! Close battle imo

Last edited by Dylerius; 03-15-2016 at 06:08 AM.
Dylerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:41 AM   #80
pugonomics
Shooter from the Hooter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
pugonomics is not the worst person
Illmac was def not as polished and didn't have his HUGE lines like he normally has. I still feel like the crowd was fuckin awful tho. They slept on so much shit.
pugonomics is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8216, 8217, 8220, 8221, bo6ix