CARTER 7 17.95%
ICE 16 41.03%
THE FANS 16 41.03%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2016, 06:01 PM   #1
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1189 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
KOTD - #B2B4 - HEAD I.C.E. vs CARTER DEEMS

AVOCADO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:10 PM   #2
steveelite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
steveelite has seen da-feet
This shit was pretty epic, although i wish carter came as good as he did vs chedda. ICE might have edged it imo.
steveelite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:28 PM   #3
Cheddah12

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Cheddah12 is not the worst person
Tried to enjoy this battle but man just a little to awkward of a match for me
Cheddah12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:56 PM   #4
Hanzaki

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Hanzaki is not the worst person
"You test the dude it's petting zoo, you act sheepish around the GOAT and I'll pack a (alpaca) llama." I love Carter
Hanzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:04 PM   #5
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
This was probably one of the most fun battles I've gotten to see in person.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:25 PM   #6
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
this matchup bothers me, seems so inside jokey

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:31 PM   #7
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1466 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Love this battle
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:37 PM   #8
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
carter seemed so legitimately scared

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:37 PM   #9
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
"you started battle rapping at the age of 51"

"back when you were really young"

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:46 PM   #10
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
ICE's first round is flawless
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 06-02-2016, 08:17 PM   #11
riffic
RYD ;

I be speedin'...
I'm in the right lane, that's what got me here
Plane seats, got the driver side feelin' just as good as granny rockin' chair
Quote:
Old 06-02-2016, 08:22 PM   #12
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
The fans definitely won this battle.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:04 PM   #13
el gordo
part time head turner..

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
el gordo is not the worst person
I think ice might have won with that mean ass third

w/e
el gordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:12 PM   #14
steveelite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
steveelite has seen da-feet
"I'm wild and crazy dude, when i was mabye 2 I ate an entire Baby Ruth and I only had 1 baby tooth ...I hated baby food." Carter is so fuckin' funny.
steveelite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:24 PM   #15
LukeWaltonisGoat

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
Thought carter was gonna be a lil better he was him just wasn't one of his best performances and Ice was cool had some shit but prob won't watch the battle again
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:25 PM   #16
TigerShark

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
TigerShark is not the worst person
...and in the spring we'll go see your grandson play little league!
We'll have a ball, literally!

Haha looked like Carter tried going in for the hug at the end but changed his mind at the last second !
TigerShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:06 PM   #17
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
Carter stutters a lot, hate that shit
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:11 AM   #18
Blaze Won
Gravy Crockett

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Blaze Won is not the worst person
I think the greatest part of this battle is...i don't think Ice really gets what Carter does and why people really love it. Its almost satire but it's done so fucking well that you forget that it is. I feel like Ice just thinks he's a weirdo. hahaha. he doesn't react appropriately to any of Carter's bars haha. everyone laughs at a carter punch and he just staring like "I don't get it"

hahahaha. Its so great.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:16 AM   #19
barack mo drama

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
barack mo drama is not the worst person
Carter had some shit but had stumbles and just needed a lil more
barack mo drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:17 AM   #20
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze Won View Post
I think the greatest part of this battle is...i don't think Ice really gets what Carter does and why people really love it. Its almost satire but it's done so fucking well that you forget that it is. I feel like Ice just thinks he's a weirdo. hahaha. he doesn't react appropriately to any of Carter's bars haha. everyone laughs at a carter punch and he just staring like "I don't get it"

hahahaha. Its so great.
Yeah, he's allowed himself to be exploited and made into a stooge smh
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:32 AM   #21
Blaze Won
Gravy Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Yeah, he's allowed himself to be exploited and made into a stooge smh
yeah but Carter Deems can actually write tho....its just his awkward nature makes people not take him serious. I've hung out Carter before and he's actually as awkward in real life...but really genuine as a battle rapper. He's been battling using the same style since 2009ish and everyone still had the same reaction as they do now. And this was in atlanta when I was battling there...the crowd's not as white as cali or even ny. It's closer to the st. lou scene...so people showing reaction to him back then made me know it might not really be a gimmick. Because he didn't get really big until this past couple years. I understand where you're going with this...and normally i would agree if you're inferring that he's a slim jesus/lil b/don the doll type character but I can say by actually knowing dude...this is him being as genuine as a person as possible but still being a huge battle fan.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:34 AM   #22
iamHBY

Funny thing is, Ice originally requested to do this battle last year.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:46 AM   #23
Blaze Won
Gravy Crockett

Old 06-03-2016, 01:00 AM   #24
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
yeah but Carter Deems can actually write tho....its just his awkward nature makes people not take him serious. I've hung out Carter before and he's actually as awkward in real life...but really genuine as a battle rapper. He's been battling using the same style since 2009ish and everyone still had the same reaction as they do now. And this was in atlanta when I was battling there...the crowd's not as white as cali or even ny. It's closer to the st. lou scene...so people showing reaction to him back then made me know it might not really be a gimmick. Because he didn't get really big until this past couple years. I understand where you're going with this...and normally i would agree if you're inferring that he's a slim jesus/lil b/don the doll type character but I can say by actually knowing dude...this is him being as genuine as a person as possible but still being a huge battle fan.
Nah, carter is legit nice ah, no pun, I'm just saying I don't think ICE is fully in on the joke. Like, I think ICE just thinks its a style clash battle, not that he's being used as an avatar for a stereotype for people to ironically laugh at. I know kotd people fuck with him, and he fucks with them in return, especially since that's his meal ticket now. But the fact that so many die-hard kotd fans hate "URL/gun bar rappers" but love head ice shows to me they are exploiting him. The whole thing just looks like some modern day minstrelsy to me.

So yeah, the (kotd) fans definitely won this one.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:05 AM   #25
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:

hahahaha. Its so great.
ICE was giggling throughout this whole battle tho
Quote:
Old 06-03-2016, 01:05 AM   #26
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Funny thing is, Ice originally requested to do this battle last year.
Cool story bro. It's almost as if people hadn't been campaigning for this battle long before that.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:27 AM   #27
iamHBY

Quote:
Cool story bro. It's almost as if people hadn't been campaigning for this battle long before that.
But specifically after B2B 1, Ice personally requested KOTD to make a battle between him and Carter happen. I'm pretty sure Ice, Carter, Avo and J-Pro can confirm this.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:32 AM   #28
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
But specifically after B2B 1, Ice personally requested KOTD to make a battle between him and Carter happen. I'm pretty sure Ice, Carter, Avo and J-Pro can confirm this.
Cool story
Old 06-03-2016, 01:59 AM   #29
iamHBY

Quote:
Cool story
It's a cooler story than your weirdo theory about Ice being relegated to being a stooge on KOTD. Ice's done 10 battles in 4 years on KOTD, against numerous top names, while for whatever weird reason, he seems to only battle in NY once every 2 years.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:22 AM   #30
brodeezy

Mentioned: 630 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
this was awkward af

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:50 AM   #31
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
this was awkward af
That wasn't awkward, this is awkward af.

Old 06-03-2016, 04:50 AM   #32
brodeezy

Mentioned: 630 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
That wasn't awkward, this is awkward af.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXx3uKp-Jxw
true, but they arent mutually exclusive

feel me

also who the fuk watches that

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:54 AM   #33
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
true, but they arent mutually exclusive

feel me

also who the fuk watches that
Eh, I watched the first couple of seasons, before the creator left. It was pretty much the last good original comedy on MTV (although it appears to be cheaper just to air Rob Dyrdek and friends laughing at YouTube videos of people getting hit in the junk).

Also, Carter/Ice was fun as fuck (and it was good to see Ice's choke get edited out, that workshop next door was annoying).
Old 06-03-2016, 06:22 AM   #34
track 1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
carter deems is wack as fuck he the type of battle rapper that should battle only once year. the novelty has worn off
track 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:12 PM   #35
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Nah, carter is legit nice ah, no pun, I'm just saying I don't think ICE is fully in on the joke. Like, I think ICE just thinks its a style clash battle, not that he's being used as an avatar for a stereotype for people to ironically laugh at.
Tbh 99% of people who watch this probably think it's just a funny style clash battle
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:39 PM   #36
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR77 View Post
Tbh 99% of people who watch this probably think it's just a funny style clash battle
Where are you getting that number from?

*edit

Also, exactly what is funny about this "style clash"?

Last edited by 6000GP; 06-03-2016 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:51 PM   #37
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
Where are you getting that number from?

*edit

Also, exactly what is funny about this "style clash"?
The jokes they were telling
Quote:
Old 06-03-2016, 12:55 PM   #38
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
The jokes they were telling
Which question are you answering?
Old 06-03-2016, 01:04 PM   #39
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
Which question are you answering?
Numero dos
Quote:
Old 06-03-2016, 01:36 PM   #40
everybody knows
kotrafd

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
everybody knows is better than Grind Time Australiaeverybody knows is better than Grind Time Australia
6k you drop a lot of truth but I think you're off base here. Give ice a little more credit please, I think he's self aware enough not to get played for a fool in a goddamn match with carter deems. I'm not laughing at the expense of either of these guys, to me this was a "style clash" that i had ice edging especially after they cut out the power tool interruption.

Edit: "That was a COSTUME, It was NOT THE POPE"
everybody knows is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
128533, 55357, 56853, b2b4