Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives > The Yard
what's your new year's resolution

Old 01-01-2017, 03:32 AM   #41
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
hang out with friends more. i go to a commuter college, so manhattan is literally our campus. i'm always "hanging out," but only during school hours. i'm just too lazy to go out and do things on my days off. life too short to not have fun whenever you can, so it's something that i feel i have to change.

release a musical project. i got into producing years ago, but lately i've been getting back into it. i have a lot of fun doing it, but i'm a perfectionist and have never released material or collaborated with anyone because i always think what i create is never good enough. if i have the time to produce and organize a coherent project, i'll release it regardless of its quality.

get an internship. really excited about my possible future and i should capitalize off of my motivation.

all these things are realistic and stuff i care about, so i know that i won't just drop these goals after january.

happy new years yall. peace and love.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 06:22 AM   #42
lukej

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
lukej is not the worst person
Cigs really are terrible.

No idea why people don't just smoke weed all day instead.
lukej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:16 AM   #43
cooldoctormoney

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
cooldoctormoney is a PY Poster
i ate an edible and cried at the end of forest gump tonight
cooldoctormoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:44 AM   #44
lukej

^ Sounds dope as hell
Old 01-01-2017, 07:29 PM   #45
Loc

Mentioned: 417 Post(s)
Loc is not the worst person
I finished my freshmen year of college last year, I'm taking this year off and back at the grind next year. I just want to get my GPA to around 3.5 or so, and work on a programming project for fun. (I switched my major to CompSci)

I also want to make YouTube videos again for fun, and make more music. I found my drive, just gotta do it.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:17 PM   #46
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Mine is to have a good enough 2017 that i dont have to make any resolutions for 2018
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:48 PM   #47
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Any other bboys out there? I have been training up my power movesfor three battles and my resolution is to win one of them.
yo i don't partake but i think it's really cool you have any video footage you can share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Happy New Years, boys

Gonna try to quit cigarettes again, and cut back on the drinking

...we'll see how it goes
somehow i never developed a dependency to ciggs but i realize that nicotine addiction is pretty fucking insane. good luck. I have heard that Allen Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking is really really helpful with quitting so maybe you could give it a read. Also i think heard that nicotine lozenges are a much healthier alternative form of nicotine intake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
I'm going to smoke more and drink more 2017. didn't really do it that much this year.
you are on fire in this thread. my god, this^ plus the multi conspiracy hybrid you're just all over the place. lil ill cannot be stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scartown View Post
I quit for a year. Best thing I found for me was just stopping and staying away from stress for the first few days.
I started doing some distance running just to get the cardio back up. Was going great....

Then my kid was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at 5 yrs old. She went into shock and was in the ICU for awhile. Suddenly smoking was a good option.

But I'm with u bro, ima try and do it again as well.
really sorry to hear about your daughter's health complications, man. i cannot imagine the stress. you deserve to smoke 10,000 extra-dank smokes (health risk free) for that bullshit. i hope things improve and work out for you guys.

Quote:
Haha, thanks bros, I'll keep all that in mind. I actually do vape tho lol, and have been for years. To keep it all the way real with y'all, I stopped smoking, and hardly vaping for almost 2 years. Then at the beginning of the year, my wife and I separated, and been off and on since, while still tryna work out details on how we'll split our stuff, and idk, shit is a mess lol. It's actually kinda cool now, but things are still in the air. Anyway, I started smoking again after all that lmao. I miss not smoking.

Good luck with y'alls 2017, I really mean that
dude fuck that man, i'm sorry. that sounds rough. shit being all up in the air is so stressful. i work with a dude who just went through a divorce. he's still living with the ex-wife idk i guess it's complicated maybe it's for financial reasons. anyway he's in his late 50s and he's pretty homophobic and the one day he was like "i wish i was a FAG so i didn't have all these problems with women my whole life!" lmao i knew he wasn't being serious, but even as a joke the logic behind it is way off hahaha love that guy. idk why i'm even sharing this i'm just rambling at this point. hope things get better though man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
Nice, I got my BFA and art history degree a few years ago.

If you got any questions, about what I did or would do differently let me know.
that's so cool what kinda art do you do? i spent 2 years in college before quitting but i focused on pottery and sculpture and i loved it so much. it's been a long time and i really miss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldoctormoney View Post
i ate an edible and cried at the end of forest gump tonight
Forrest Gump>>>>>>>>>>
yo i think i've cried at the end of that like every time i've watched

Please read this it will change the way you think about Jenny
u a cracked out fatty like butts are
~fever
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:49 PM   #48
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
my only resolution is to devolope a decent amout of realistic resolutions. and maybe even see them through.
~fever
Old 01-01-2017, 10:55 PM   #49
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post

that's so cool what kinda art do you do? i spent 2 years in college before quitting but i focused on pottery and sculpture and i loved it so much. it's been a long time and i really miss it.
I've done a bunch of stuff from light installations to intaglio. But recently I've been mainly focusing on oil painting with mixed media.
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:01 PM   #50
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1156 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
make more battle rap lip sync competitions/music video
+ possibly make real content

and by the end of this year i wanna be ready to make my real youtube channel non battle related
SpecialOh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:04 PM   #51
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
@wwjjddd?, good lookin, my man. I'ma look into that
@Loc congrats, young squire
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:06 PM   #52
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
To continue not smoking cigarettes forever. I aint had one since May

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:12 PM   #53
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Sumroc View Post
To continue not smoking cigarettes forever. I aint had one since May
Good shit man, I like to hear stuff like that
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:18 PM   #54
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
I've done a bunch of stuff from light installations to intaglio. But recently I've been mainly focusing on oil painting with mixed media.
nice share some of your work if you want. @I am LIL ILL can critique it!

~fever
Old 01-01-2017, 11:24 PM   #55
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Quote:
Good shit man, I like to hear stuff like that
im pretty stoked , its been tough. I smoked alot more weed/oil nowadays

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:53 PM   #56
SpecialOh

SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
2017 is the year big k finally nails his big jump on his pink scooter

Old 01-01-2017, 11:57 PM   #57
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyledStankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Im gonna put myself in all sorts of dangerous, reckless and ultimately fatal situations. How i'll do it more than once, as i've indicated, remains to be seen.
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:01 AM   #58
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

@SpecialOh LOL bigg k is a legend for this one goddamn. i heard that bigg k is Evel Knievel's great great grandson's neighbor's weed man so this makes a lot of sense
~fever
Old 01-02-2017, 12:02 AM   #59
SpecialOh

Quote:
@SpecialOh LOL bigg k is a legend for this one goddamn. i heard that bigg k is Evel Knievel's great great grandson's neighbor's weed man so this makes a lot of sense
yee :P i filmed some of the fails if u wanna see
Old 01-02-2017, 12:04 AM   #60
SpecialOh

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7TKE...1kQ/source.gif

Last edited by SpecialOh; 01-02-2017 at 12:07 AM.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:10 AM   #61
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

that's what i'm talkin about
~fever
Old 01-02-2017, 01:36 AM   #62
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 640 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Quote:
nice share some of your work if you want. @I am LIL ILL can critique it!

yup I'm always good a judging a lot of things. Artwork music videos you name it. I'm hoping more people will create their own music on here. I don't care if it may or may not suck I just like to hear some creative bars people can start crafting.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:40 AM   #63
lukej

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
yup I'm always good a judging a lot of things. Artwork music videos you name it. I'm hoping more people will create their own music on here. I don't care if it may or may not suck I just like to hear some creative bars people can start crafting.
You seem to think you're good at a lot of things.

The thing is, does anyone else?

Old 01-02-2017, 02:05 AM   #64
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 640 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukej View Post
You seem to think you're good at a lot of things.

The thing is, does anyone else?

My girlfriend always says to me God your so good in bed. Hey I'm doing good at 1 thing. Plus I roll the most perfect Joints. I could go on and on but don't want to waste your time. Do your thing homie.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:47 AM   #65
lukej

^ Lmfaoooooo

Post a pic of your girlfriend I want to see this
Old 01-03-2017, 02:10 AM   #66
SpecialOh

Quote:
^ Lmfaoooooo

Post a pic of your girlfriend I want to see this
i dare u to say sumthin bout shauna
Old 01-03-2017, 02:43 AM   #67
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
yo i don't partake but i think it's really cool you have any video footage you can share?

This is from our Japan tour. I'll let you work out which one is me
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:45 AM   #68
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'

Mentioned: 478 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
And in the final lyric of the poem titled 2016, I just cracked the motherfucking screen of my month old iphone7.. imagine that
That's the universe telling you to rock w/ a droid tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Dux View Post
1) Quit drinking all alcohol for the month of January (do it every year just to prove to myself I don't need beers, even though I love em).

2) Eat one vegetable or fruit per day. Probably sounds dumb and easy, but I'm used to eating junk that's greasy.

That's it!
Yeah, I try to do 1) at least once a year, just did a liquor fast in November which felt great. Then proceeded to do a bunch of brewery tours in December rofl, but still, always good to be able to take a break.

Also @ 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
wrap my head around the thought processes that would lead from OP's first post to his second
This is seriously an astonishingly minimal talking point itt, I'm low key kinda dead at how people have just ignored the content of OP itself and just replied to the thread title lmao
Old 01-03-2017, 02:53 AM   #69
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY7ZFNzaKWk

This is from our Japan tour. I'll let you work out which one is me
can't guess which one, but this is sick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 03:24 AM   #70
WallaceBread
Shit like that

Mentioned: 215 Post(s)
WallaceBread is better than Grind Time AntarcticaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time AntarcticaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I'm going to yell more
WallaceBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:36 AM   #71
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Yeah best of luck to those getting off, or staying off the newports.(It's a bitch).. Been smoking half a cig lately and putting it out to save for later.. Kind of retarded probably, but trying to take baby steps, and make them last longer, if i'm not ready to fully quit... 8.25 a pack here in PA, so trying to save some loot also

Kind of a broad answer to this question, and not a big fan of new year resolutions tbh... But in general just trying to be a better person... Going into the first new year of having a daughter, so it's not about just looking out for myself 24/7....
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:44 AM   #72
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Try to get paid to sling this fat dick around cuz I'm tired of working for free u know what I mean by this
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:52 AM   #73
lukej

Quitting smoking is great, I quit recently.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:53 AM   #74
lukej

Quote:
Originally Posted by ass2myface View Post
Yeah best of luck to those getting off, or staying off the newports.(It's a bitch).. Been smoking half a cig lately and putting it out to save for later.. Kind of retarded probably, but trying to take baby steps, and make them last longer, if i'm not ready to fully quit... 8.25 a pack here in PA, so trying to save some loot also

Kind of a broad answer to this question, and not a big fan of new year resolutions tbh... But in general just trying to be a better person... Going into the first new year of having a daughter, so it's not about just looking out for myself 24/7....
I'm not sure how bullshit it is but I was doing that for a while thinking it was a good way to cut down on the cigs

Then I would read shit like this

https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlike...rse_than_just/

Who knows at the end of the day though
Old 01-03-2017, 05:22 AM   #75
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Quote:
I'm not sure how bullshit it is but I was doing that for a while thinking it was a good way to cut down on the cigs

Then I would read shit like this

https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlike...rse_than_just/

Who knows at the end of the day though
Good look on the feed back article... But yeah it's a terrible habit at the end of the day.Let alone cost consuming.. .. I only get a slight buzz off a newport after drinking/ smoking weed anyway smh.... But

ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:26 AM   #76
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@culturedboy

lmk if you need any help w any adobe or design programs

been in the game fo' years
Old 01-03-2017, 05:28 AM   #77
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
imma try to drink A LOT less

and do some creative shit for myself outside of just work
Old 01-03-2017, 05:33 AM   #78
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge View Post
@culturedboy

lmk if you need any help w any adobe or design programs

been in the game fo' years

i got my certifications in ps and dw, was gonna go for the whole suite but dipped out

will for sure let u know if i go for another one tho im super rusty

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:36 AM   #79
iamHBY

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Eh, I don't have many, but they're solid ones. To finally learn Photoshop and some other stuff with Premiere Pro, meet up with people more often outside of running into people at events, put some tracks out, and just try to do more cool shit in general.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:48 AM   #80
Frank_Dux
Fuck a Title

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Frank_Dux is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by illipsis View Post

Yeah, I try to do 1) at least once a year, just did a liquor fast in November which felt great. Then proceeded to do a bunch of brewery tours in December rofl, but still, always good to be able to take a break.

Also @ 2)

Bruv believe me
its tough to be me
.. green and clean eating
Leaves my stomach all queasy

Last edited by Frank_Dux; 01-03-2017 at 05:50 AM. Reason: I suck
Frank_Dux is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new years resolution