Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
w/ NIKIYA

Old 05-18-2016, 01:33 AM   #1
paddy87

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
w/ NIKIYA

with the success of MASS2 on sunday,i was thinking people may have questions for @st0ned and he's agreed to answer if he can.

i'll kick it off- i'm sure i seen that you were trying to put together arcane vs caustic and couldn't make it happen,is that an idea you have given up on?

whats your standout moment from sunday?

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:41 AM   #2
st0ned
Contributor

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
st0ned is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy87 View Post
with the success of MASS2 on sunday,i was thinking people may have questions for @st0ned and he's agreed to answer if he can.

i'll kick it off- i'm sure i seen that you were trying to put together arcane vs caustic and couldn't make it happen,is that an idea you have given up on?

whats your standout moment from sunday?
Yeah, I'd still be happy to help make it happen but I've given up on trying to.

I have 2 moments because they were very personally enjoyable. Solomon shaking my hand while telling me to book more matches in his first. And, getting a shot thrown at me by hollow.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
st0ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:44 AM   #3
gohannnh

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
gohannnh is not the worst person
How hard was it to convince dna to take on bangz
gohannnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:52 AM   #4
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Why do you do this? (that's almost certainly gonna come off way more snide than I intend it to)
Jack Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:56 AM   #5
Tyren

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tyren is not the worst person
How much of the card did you fund? And do you feel like lush took advantage of you when you first tried to get into funding events? Thanks for setting up hollow and pat!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Tyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 02:03 AM   #6
st0ned
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohannnh View Post
How hard was it to convince dna to take on bangz
not hard at all DNA is my bro and straight up he's one of the only people at his level that is always willing to give an up and comer a shot. I know DNA gets crazy hate for taking so many battles and people think he just does it for the check which is not true, he does it because he loves this shit.

And don't be too hard on bangz, he had a lot working against him from the jump, was a lower level battle (comparatively), had to go on right after everyone got bad news (math and thesaurus wasn't happening) and the crowd knew that meant all that was left was them and hollow/pat. There were also people there with the intention of heckling him. The fact that he made it through his 3 rounds with no choking, or even made it through them period with all that is to be commended in my opinion. Bangz is still fire and I still believe in him. I gave him a shot that whether he was ready for or not wasn't the right timing.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:04 AM   #7
BigNeck

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
BigNeck is not the worst person
You don't have to answer this but I'm curious af. Organik and the main security guard were screaming at each other on stage behind the pit. What happened. Dude looked like lil swave sevah too
Old 05-18-2016, 02:04 AM   #8
BLEEZY
Capped In America

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
BLEEZY is better than Grind Time AustraliaBLEEZY is better than Grind Time Australia
What are the top 3 matches you would want to set up?
BLEEZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 02:05 AM   #9
BigNeck

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
BigNeck is not the worst person
@Seanzo the blog never sleeps bruv.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:11 AM   #10
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
here's a whole bunch of questions

- What's next for Nikiya Osborn and King of the Dot? You now have an annual event host under your belt, but do you feel compelled to push for more and maybe become a regular in the process of King of the Dot's event-to-event schedule?

- What are some battles you'd love to book, but lack the capability of? (ex. "i wanted to book X vs Y, but Z stipulation made it impossible.)

- Can we get another Back to Basements card, even as a joke?

- Do you have control over the aesthetic and way the production of your events look? (ex. how Massacre 1 had a sort of Orange Light and a wide angle of the crowd, but Massacre 2 was more cropped and stark Gray/White Light with a more focused angle on the battlers.)

- Who is the most fun battler to work with?

- Who is the least fun battler to work with?

- What kind of shoes do you wear?

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 02:12 AM   #11
st0ned
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
Why do you do this? (that's almost certainly gonna come off way more snide than I intend it to)
That's kind of obvious, I love everything about battle rap and I believe it can be a successful business venture when done correctly.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:23 AM   #12
st0ned
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyren View Post
How much of the card did you fund? And do you feel like lush took advantage of you when you first tried to get into funding events? Thanks for setting up hollow and pat!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
The first question I won't answer because it's irrelevant. Depends on how you look at it, he is (and was especially then) so ingrained in battle rap that most of the people he associated with were in some way shape or form involved in battle rap. I came to him and asked for help putting together an event, of course he's going to try to put his people on and there is nothing wrong with that. Lush at that time being involved in the money side of things wasn't the best thing and even he would admit that as ether was a mess. But lush is not a bad guy, he has great intentions, we don't always see eye to eye on moves each other make but I don't flint what he's trying to do and I hope he succeeds on the missions he's pursuing.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:26 AM   #13
st0ned
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEEZY View Post
What are the top 3 matches you would want to set up?
I can't answer that as I actually setup the matches I really want to see. I can't tell you guys everything. Plus after a big event like that I'm just chilling, happy that it's over.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:36 AM   #14
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Nikiya, i dont have any questions. i just want to let you know, that i respect you. and i think you are very important to battle rap. i would love to see more people like u that are in it for the love. cant give u enough props. u a solid dude.
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 02:36 AM   #15
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Any interest in trying to get Daylyt vs Lux setup?
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 02:36 AM   #16
paddy87

paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
in what way has your perspective on battling changed since becoming so heavily involved in the organisation of battles/events?

ps,thanks for setting up k vs ice,honestly one of my dream battles iah

@hectorbizerk
Old 05-18-2016, 02:38 AM   #17
st0ned
Contributor

I already help out with other events where I can. But as far as throwing more massacre type events, no for reasons I explained in the thread that led to this one.

Can't really answer that one for a number of reasons.

Sure I'll make one up cause it'll never happen again.
Me vs DNA (side note that was supposed to be my first battle at nome 5 not part of it obviously but dna was too focused)
Caustic vs dirtbag
Eric Farrell vs Eric foreman
Bangz vs DNA in a freestyle battle

Most of them are a lot of fun to work with, I would say that hollow being as cool as he was, is the most surprising.

Haven't really had any issues

Adidas

Old 05-18-2016, 02:39 AM   #18
st0ned
Contributor

I appreciate that. Salute.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:40 AM   #19
st0ned
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Any interest in trying to get Daylyt vs Lux setup?
Absolutely

Old 05-18-2016, 02:43 AM   #20
st0ned
Contributor

Just realizing how much hard work goes into putting together an event. The guys that do this, and I mean everyone from the battlers to the hosts to the djs to the camera crew to the guys the Mic everyone up our get them water, love this shit, they put everything they have into making sure things come out the way they should.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:45 AM   #21
paddy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
here's a whole bunch of questions

- What's next for Nikiya Osborn and King of the Dot? You now have an annual event host under your belt, but do you feel compelled to push for more and maybe become a regular in the process of King of the Dot's event-to-event schedule?

- What are some battles you'd love to book, but lack the capability of? (ex. "i wanted to book X vs Y, but Z stipulation made it impossible.)

- Can we get another Back to Basements card, even as a joke?

- Do you have control over the aesthetic and way the production of your events look? (ex. how Massacre 1 had a sort of Orange Light and a wide angle of the crowd, but Massacre 2 was more cropped and stark Gray/White Light with a more focused angle on the battlers.)

- Who is the most fun battler to work with?

- Who is the least fun battler to work with?

- What kind of shoes do you wear?
for the first part...

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0ned View Post
Unfortunately, with heavy involvement from me at least, there isn't. I'm a family man, I'll be 38 at the end of this month and have a wife and 3 kids. While I love throwing events, one a year is pretty much my limit. I'm obviously involved with more than that, but a full event is pretty stressful even when successful (and more so when it's not) and I wouldn't be able to be there for my family the way that I need to be if I did more than 1 a year.

If someone wants to make a q&a thread though I'm always happy to answer questions. This board was my first introduction to the family that is battle rap.

@hectorbizerk
Old 05-18-2016, 03:15 AM   #22
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Real talk i respect nikiya "syco voice" What was the first thing you wefre thinking after the erik foreman batttle do you think you'll ever give it another go?
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 03:26 AM   #23
st0ned
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
Real talk i respect nikiya "syco voice" What was the first thing you wefre thinking after the erik foreman batttle do you think you'll ever give it another go?
That I should have practiced more (but I knew that long before it happened). I think I'm done battling I had to try it and against Farrell I didn't do nearly as bad as I thought I would and the person I had really wanted to battle in the first place was foreman, I had some shit I wanted to say to him.

Old 05-18-2016, 04:05 AM   #25
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Just want to say thanks for bringing a crazy event to Mass dude that was a lot of fun
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 05:11 AM   #26
The Kang
99percent resembleMadIllz

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
The Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time Antarctica
What do you do for a living?

Any interest in booking Fresco vs Conceited?

Would you like to have Soul Khan back in the ring and if so or not who else would you like to see return?

Who are your least favorite battlers youd never consider booking?

Current Bottom 15 active battlers

1.Manik
2.Realistic
3.Lexx Luthor
4.Joe Cutter
5.Tycoon Tax
6.Tony D
7.Rum Nitty
8.Deadman
9.KG the Poet
10.Danny Myers
11.Bishop Brigante
12.Skelly
13.Bonnie Godiva
14.Ogmios
15.Pass
The Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 05:17 AM   #27
WALSH81189

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
WALSH81189 is not the worst person
How did you get involved with KOTD ? I remember randomly hearing about you on Angry Fan Radio when you were first planning out BM1....Caps was like "PAT STAY VS CAL IN A SMALLL ROOOOOOOM??????!!?!?!?!?!" lmao

have you ever considered battling ?

ever consider doing more similar small room events in Boston at a different time of year ? mid-late summer ?
WALSH81189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 05:34 AM   #28
CBA

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
Not really a question, more of a suggestion, but I think you should book Mac Lethal vs Dumbfoundead, battle of the viral video guys, would probably hit 5 mil.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 06:09 AM   #29
justin0

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
justin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WALSH81189 View Post
How did you get involved with KOTD ? I remember randomly hearing about you on Angry Fan Radio when you were first planning out BM1....Caps was like "PAT STAY VS CAL IN A SMALLL ROOOOOOOM??????!!?!?!?!?!" lmao

ever consider doing more similar small room events in Boston at a different time of year ? mid-late summer ?
he has battled man, vs the god @ErikForeman
justin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 06:19 AM   #30
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
No questions, just wanted to shout out Nikiya for being an OG rapmusic.com head

you were around for years, but stayed kind of low key. i remember when you finally showed interest in doing an event, it was around the time that teddy grizzle had had his downfall, amongst other outside promoters and people seemed a bit skeptical. its great to see that so far you have been successful, and at this point are more of a part of the scene than you are an outsider. i think you following the scene for a long time and waiting until you were ready to hop in plays a big part of that, rather than a lot of these other guys who seemed like they had ulterior motives. i respect that a lot.
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 06:40 AM   #31
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Not really a question, more of a suggestion, but I think you should book Mac Lethal vs Dumbfoundead, battle of the viral video guys, would probably hit 5 mil.
mac lethal's past 5 videos have 20k views and he's got maybe 500k subs iirc -- that's pitiful for a 500k channel

dumb isn't what gets the views, his opponents in conjunction with an old name brings people back

con's the viewgetter in dumb/con, that and the fact searching "battle rap" for a while returned that result

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:19 AM   #32
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
mac lethal's past 5 videos have 20k views and he's got maybe 500k subs iirc -- that's pitiful for a 500k channel

dumb isn't what gets the views, his opponents in conjunction with an old name brings people back

con's the viewgetter in dumb/con, that and the fact searching "battle rap" for a while returned that result
Dumbfoundead has at least a million views on every one of his solo, written battles (well, the Diz battle might need a little more time)
And for all his opponents except Diz, the DFD battle is their highest viewed by quite a margin, usually about a million views, even for Conceited
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:46 AM   #33
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@st0ned could you consider booking O-Solo vs Qleen Paper for a future event?
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:30 AM   #34
Emancee

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR77 View Post
Dumbfoundead has at least a million views on every one of his solo, written battles (well, the Diz battle might need a little more time)
And for all his opponents except Diz, the DFD battle is their highest viewed by quite a margin, usually about a million views, even for Conceited
This^^

Sure Conceited gets crazy views, but DFD has yet to have a solo battle that hasn't gone into the million views club (Diz is about to hit a million). FLO, Twist and even mediocre rappers like Illusion Z all have their biggest viewed battle because of DFD.

As it was a comeback performance against a big name, the views are probably like 1.5 mil DFD; 2.5 Conceited or something like that.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:55 AM   #35
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Dumb vs 360 imo
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:02 AM   #36
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 836 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
he went to sleep
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 04:20 PM   #37
WALSH81189

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
WALSH81189 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
he has battled man, vs the god @ErikForeman
holy shit - had no idea lol
WALSH81189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:17 PM   #38
st0ned
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kang View Post
What do you do for a living?

Any interest in booking Fresco vs Conceited?

Would you like to have Soul Khan back in the ring and if so or not who else would you like to see return?

Who are your least favorite battlers youd never consider booking?
I spent most of my life in sales.

I definitely think that'd be a dope battle.

I'd love to see soul Khan back in the ring.

I'd never day I'd never book someone because styles as well as opinions change.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:20 PM   #39
st0ned
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WALSH81189 View Post

Started going to events and making friends.

I've battled twice vs foreman and vs Farrell (easily my better performance even though my writing was better vs foreman I just couldn't remember it)

I've already answered that

Old 05-18-2016, 08:21 PM   #40
st0ned
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
No questions, just wanted to shout out Nikiya for being an OG rapmusic.com head

you were around for years, but stayed kind of low key. i remember when you finally showed interest in doing an event, it was around the time that teddy grizzle had had his downfall, amongst other outside promoters and people seemed a bit skeptical. its great to see that so far you have been successful, and at this point are more of a part of the scene than you are an outsider. i think you following the scene for a long time and waiting until you were ready to hop in plays a big part of that, rather than a lot of these other guys who seemed like they had ulterior motives. i respect that a lot.
Not sure who you're thinking about on rap music.com, but it's not me. I admittedly found this late as I was busy with other things. But I definitely appreciate the support.