Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Why are most battle fans so miserable?

Old 03-20-2017, 05:47 AM   #1
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Why are most battle fans so miserable?

This goes for street/ nerd fans.. Does nobody have kids to live through, and take this shit to heart too much?.. To keep it a buck most cats on this site will just bootleg events for free anyway lol... Lower your expectations,you don't have any pull and just lash out on the net, cause you not relevant in real life...
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:39 AM   #2
iamHBY

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Because the thing they watch for escapism is an artform based around tearing other people down?
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:06 AM   #3
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
RandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time Australia
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Because the thing they watch for escapism is an artform based around tearing other people down?
This. I don't think battle fans are more miserable than your average joe, it just seems that way because it's a culture based around machismo shit talking.

Blackout is going to suck. All new battlers are trash. Op is a faggot.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:36 PM   #4
Feral Linguist

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by ass2myface View Post
This goes for street/ nerd fans.. Does nobody have kids to live through, and take this shit to heart too much?.. To keep it a buck most cats on this site will just bootleg events for free anyway lol... Lower your expectations,you don't have any pull and just lash out on the net, cause you not relevant in real life...
@TheGodOfPez
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:48 PM   #5
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
If you think we're bad. Try looking on an American football or UK Soccer page and see the opinions there.

That said, I still really like the BO7 lineup. If it was at the bunker and they set up the best matchups, it would be a homerun. As it is, I am expecting a terrible crowd that probably won't give most of them the time they deserve.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:56 PM   #6
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
The internet brings out the worst in people it seems, so given that the vast majority of battle rap interaction we see is online, it makes battle fans look worse than they really are
Old 03-20-2017, 05:45 PM   #7
god level

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
Since I don't watch Sports, I use battle rap as my outlet for that side of me. Much like Sports, there's a lot of braindead fans/supporters
god level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:22 PM   #8
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
I've gone to 20+ live events including driving out of state. I've met a large number of battlers and bought them a beer or shot at a live event. I support this culture in many different ways. I'm hosting a party and paying for the Blackout 7 PPV. You?

Yup, didn't think so.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:56 PM   #9
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
If you think we're bad. Try looking on an American football or UK Soccer page and see the opinions there.

That said, I still really like the BO7 lineup. If it was at the bunker and they set up the best matchups, it would be a homerun. As it is, I am expecting a terrible crowd that probably won't give most of them the time they deserve.
Since I've disappeared from the Battle-Rap scene, I've inevitably discovered new forums, totally unrelated to Battle-Rap, and observed how wrathful and obstinate a lot of keyboard warriors are. So now I actually have a much higher appreciation for RMBVA types, you're all relatively fair, reasonable, well intentioned, open to alternative ideas etc, it's a shame we no longer share a common interest.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:12 PM   #10
ICeeZeeI
Oliver ClothesOff

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
ICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time AustraliaICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time Australia
I dont want a bunch of battlers who I dont know on an exciting card. It makes the event not exciting.

I just want to be excited ya know?
ICeeZeeI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:26 PM   #11
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy probably likes in here/hair word play
MMA fans are by far the most insecure, underachieving bunch of dicks i've ever seen gather in one place/on one page.

Battles come close.

As for myself, i spend the vast, vast majority of my time doing other things - archery, making music, stand up comedy, anthropology, pharmacology, finance(work), i have a child..... I'm a functioning human being which seems rare in these little pockets of necessarily obsessive fans of anything.
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:28 PM   #12
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
because people with names like 'ass2myface' are able to offer pertinent analyses of our lives?

Last edited by Cuntoffs are Jumps; 03-20-2017 at 08:29 PM. Reason: plural, grammar
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:29 PM   #13
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Quote:
and that sir is quite a fantastic answer
Old 03-20-2017, 08:51 PM   #14
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

RandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time Australia
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by StankDaddy View Post
MMA fans are by far the most insecure, underachieving bunch of dicks i've ever seen gather in one place/on one page.

Battles come close.

As for myself, i spend the vast, vast majority of my time doing other things - archery, making music, stand up comedy, anthropology, pharmacology, finance(work), i have a child..... I'm a functioning human being which seems rare in these little pockets of necessarily obsessive fans of anything.
So do you participate in these communities of sub humans to feel like you're more well adjusted then you actually are?

I mean every post I see from you is a passive aggressive attempt to separate yourself from everyone else. We get it. You're the most intelligent and loudest guy in the room. Tell us about it some more. It's why were here.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:59 PM   #15
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@RandallFlagg vs @stabkdaddy
@KBomb set it up!!!
u a cracked out fatty like butts are
~fever
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:02 PM   #16
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
archery
~fever
Old 03-20-2017, 09:07 PM   #17
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
@RandallFlagg vs @stabkdaddy
@KBomb set it up!!!
As for myself I VASTLY enjoy an aged chianti paired with a Kurt Vonnegut novel. That is of course when I'm not busy with my many many VASTLY different business ventures. I'm such an eccentric!
Old 03-20-2017, 10:26 PM   #18
StankDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallFlagg View Post
So do you participate in these communities of sub humans to feel like you're more well adjusted then you actually are?

I mean every post I see from you is a passive aggressive attempt to separate yourself from everyone else. We get it. You're the most intelligent and loudest guy in the room. Tell us about it some more. It's why were here.
Well that explains you

FTR though, i am separate from this community. I'm not part of it. I come here to interact with it and its interesting for what it is. But i would fit in in exactly no ways at a party of dudes from this site. These days anyway.

Last edited by StankDaddy; 03-20-2017 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:47 PM   #19
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Thumbs up

Quote:
Tell us about it some more. It's why were here.
Quote:
FTR though, i am separate from this community. I'm not part of it. I come here to interact with it and its interesting for what it is. But i would fit in in exactly no ways at a party of dudes from this site. These days anyway.
I was being sarcastic!
Old 03-21-2017, 01:06 AM   #20
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
would you shut the fuck up
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:14 AM   #21
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Quote:
Well that explains you

rather than...as well as calling you a cunt I'll explain what you have done, you have joined a rap battle forum and posted some messages in order to tell other people that have joined said battle rap forum and posted messages of their own, that you are superior to people who join battle rap forums and post messages there.

This makes you cunty.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:42 AM   #22
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
would you shut the fuck up
lol, thank god I never encountered talkback.. From what i heard it's a shit show

But you my man are a miserable human being.. How shitty can your life be that you make a fake persona online and stay in character to hate on BATTLERS that haven't even battled in 6 months lol (DIZ).. This shit is a niche community anyway.. You aren't even a good net troll, and that isn't something to be proud of anyway if you could pull it off...

I'm to old to smash every night but I get a nice 69 most days and wake up to feed a beautiful baby... U wake up looking for dizaster blogs to hate on, you fit my thread to perfection...
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:43 AM   #23
StankDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuntoffs are Jumps View Post
rather than...as well as calling you a cunt I'll explain what you have done, you have joined a rap battle forum and posted some messages in order to tell other people that have joined said battle rap forum and posted messages of their own, that you are superior to people who join battle rap forums and post messages there.

This makes you cunty.
I said i wouldn't fit in and am separated. In what twisted version of English does that denote superiority? Jesus.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:46 AM   #24
youdontwannabethatguy
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
because battle rap is trash to make a long story short
Old 03-21-2017, 02:47 AM   #25
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Quote:
I get a nice 69 most days and wake up to feed a beautiful baby...
i cannot express how entertaining i found this. thank you
~fever
Old 03-21-2017, 10:13 AM   #26
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Quote:
I said i wouldn't fit in and am separated. In what twisted version of English does that denote superiority? Jesus.
what separates you from everyone else, why wouldn't you fit in?

points for swinging from the corner though
Old 03-21-2017, 10:19 AM   #27
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Quote:
I get a nice 69 most days and wake up to feed a beautiful baby.
that's a horrifying juxtaposition, those acts lead at least 30-40 mins spacing.
(I've helped by reordering your itinerary below)

1. comer chocha y culo
3. feed baby
2. insult people on forum

that's a bold morning by anyone's standards.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:20 AM   #28
StankDaddy

Quote:
what separates you from everyone else, why wouldn't you fit in?

points for swinging from the corner though
I can probably address both of those things in one: I don't get the second part.

I'm a totally different person with different values. I mean i'll add the caveat that i've always listened to a lot of hip hop but other than that - I wouldn't make any sense in the 'culture' of battle rap. I don't dress for it, my language would stick out like a sore thumb, i wouldn't get half the shit people referenced around me - it'd be embarrassing
Old 03-21-2017, 01:19 PM   #29
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Quote:
lol, thank god I never encountered talkback.. From what i heard it's a shit show

But you my man are a miserable human being.. How shitty can your life be that you make a fake persona online and stay in character to hate on BATTLERS that haven't even battled in 6 months lol (DIZ).. This shit is a niche community anyway.. You aren't even a good net troll, and that isn't something to be proud of anyway if you could pull it off...

I'm to old to smash every night but I get a nice 69 most days and wake up to feed a beautiful baby... U wake up looking for dizaster blogs to hate on, you fit my thread to perfection...
So you're fat
Bummy
Broke

Cool man
Keep smashing that whale you got at home and crying on the internet

I bet you wear air monarchs or lugz or some other shit fat people wear. What's your style like?

Wait. You have a child and you're still fucking around in battle rap forums? You must work in a warehouse or something

Last edited by Hitchslap; 03-21-2017 at 01:22 PM.
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:44 PM   #30
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Quote:
I can probably address both of those things in one: I don't get the second part.

I'm a totally different person with different values. I mean i'll add the caveat that i've always listened to a lot of hip hop but other than that - I wouldn't make any sense in the 'culture' of battle rap. I don't dress for it, my language would stick out like a sore thumb, i wouldn't get half the shit people referenced around me - it'd be embarrassing
you're better off tbh. walking round in my iron kike tyson t-shirt and compulsively calling everyone faggots has made finding employment / relationships quite difficult.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:11 PM   #31
Feral Linguist

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGodOfPez View Post
I've gone to 20+ live events including driving out of state. I've met a large number of battlers and bought them a beer or shot at a live event. I support this culture in many different ways. I'm hosting a party and paying for the Blackout 7 PPV. You?

Yup, didn't think so.
flick that bean daddy
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:16 PM   #32
StankDaddy

Quote:
you're better off tbh. walking round in my iron kike tyson t-shirt and compulsively calling everyone faggots has made finding employment / relationships quite difficult.
I thought your problem was inferred superiority :P

No, i agree. When i was in the scene it was very very hard to keep up other aspects of my life. If it works for you, it works for you. I just don't fit the mold
Old 03-22-2017, 12:04 AM   #33
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Quote:
I thought your problem was inferred superiority :P

No, i agree. When i was in the scene it was very very hard to keep up other aspects of my life. If it works for you, it works for you. I just don't fit the mold
jokes aside you can be a fan of something without fitting in to (your perception of) it. I like GG Allin but very rarely do I shit in a room full of people, piss on myself, punch a woman and then bang up some smack.

It's okay just to like something, have an affection for it but not participate in it, you haven't gotta be all in, or derive your self worth from being all in, it's just battle rap 'innit?
Old 03-22-2017, 12:24 AM   #34
riffic
RIP ux9 ;

Mentioned: 1457 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
i'm ok thanks for asking
megadef #wishes he could go back and unexpose himself as a mama nice try plumptits this is lower than when you slithered your way into the moonbounce at the Colorado Cush Carnival and #popped it with ur fatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:31 AM   #35
Cuntoffs are Jumps

therapy thread - how has battle rap affected your life?
Old 03-22-2017, 04:29 AM   #36
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
life is a meaningless slog through tedious tasks and constant fear of ones own unknowable demise. Trying to grasp any any fleeting moment of satisfaction and adoration as we spin on this swirling marble into nothingness is futile and once one accepts this, it gets pretty grim I guess.

That's probably why

don't tell my daughter that

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 04:35 AM   #37
lukej

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
lukej is not the worst person
Quote:
So true.
lukej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:14 AM   #38
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
don't tell my daughter that
She'll have to figure it out on her own like the rest of us.

Lot of debbie downer shit in this thread so Ima go out on a limb and say something positive.

Everyone keeps mentioning how battling is all about belittling an opponent. What about the other half of it which is proving your self worth?

Back in the 90s heavy metal was always under fire from the media for being the cause of kids committing suicide. Nobody listens to metal to feel bad or feel helpless. Same with battle rap. When I hear a jaz face quality bar I want to punch a hole in the wall and scream like Danny Myers. Just like when I hear Angel of Death I want to carve SLAYER into my arm and light it on fire.

My rasta friend who only listens to reggae would never relate to that. The most emotion elicited out him from his music is an in rhythm head nod.

Look at all the people in a battlerap crowd. If you're not projecting your own misery onto them you'll quickly see that none of them look miserable. In fact they seem pretty damn happy.

Faggots.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:48 PM   #39
Ampersand

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Ampersand is not the worst person
I think you are trippin . One only need look at Ux9's thread to see this is actually an extremely caring, compassionate group of asshole/alpha internet personas . I've actually never seen anything like it online . Apart from the few trolls and legit mentally unstable posters this site is pretty great. Plus the first 6 months here was one big circle jerk, miserable people don't go out of there way to big up others like that.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:46 AM   #40
StankDaddy

Quote:
Everyone keeps mentioning how battling is all about belittling an opponent. What about the other half of it which is proving your self worth?
Thats a good point, but at hte same time self-worth based on COMPARISON. There's pretty much no one bigging themselves up just for being an awesome person (except maybe Deems). When your self-worth is caught up with comparison or external factors (money, guns, women, whatever...) its always ephemeral and essentially ineffectual.