Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Talented guys who never made it big

Old 03-27-2017, 07:31 PM   #1
thepointe01

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
thepointe01 is not the worst person
Talented guys who never made it big

I'm talking about battle rappers that showed some skill at some point, but never really made it as far as they should have in battle rap. A couple guys I can think of:

Konshis pilot-he's more talented than some of the guys the west has pushed in recent years, but for whatever reason hasn't gotten to that next level or even become a regular at west coast events

PC-dude was killing it at Atlanta battle events, especially in grindtime, but never really made it beyond that, tho I think he's been in John johns league recently

Lotta zay-dude had a great one off battle and a main stage battle for URL, but hasn't seemed to be a regular. I think he has the talent to do it

Big Kannon-he bounces around, but dude had one of the biggest bodies ever on smack, and one of the greatest moments ever (rebuttal against o red). He battles for different leagues, but I would have thought he would be much higher in the URL food chain

Sonny bamboo-I know he's busy organizing events, but he was pretty damn good himself. I guess he just doesn't really want to battle much anymore, but could be a kotd mainstay if he ever wanted to.

Those are off the top of my head, any others? Disagree with any of these?
thepointe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:37 PM   #2
thepointe01

I forgot to list tone Montana as another one.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:46 PM   #3
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 426 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I think out of all those PC still has a chance to crack back into major leagues.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:50 PM   #4
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
j pro 3-0d konshis tho

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:40 PM   #5
youdontwannabethatguy
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Sun tzu was a killer who kept getting robbed , Fingaz had his moments , emmerson kennedy should have got pushed instead of jerry fucking west
Old 03-27-2017, 09:15 PM   #6
iamHBY

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Rio is the first one that comes to mind, he should've been way bigger than he ended up being.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:42 PM   #7
Tom HAAANHKS
The steel I rise

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tom HAAANHKS is not the worst person
Heartless, Brixx, and Big Kannon.

Heartless, to me, might be the most underrated ever but it's close with Brixx. Both were/are really good and top five punchers but never got the look they deserve(d).

I was so hyped for Heartless battling in the Bunker but then he quit. He should have went out on a much higher note. Wish URL would have rocked with him more and had him become a regular headliner.

I'm still holding out for Brixx in the Bunker once they get a new venue sorted out.

Last edited by Tom HAAANHKS; 03-27-2017 at 09:47 PM.
Tom HAAANHKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:49 PM   #8
youdontwannabethatguy
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom HAAANHKS View Post

Heartless, to me, might be the most underrated ever but it's close with Brixx. Both were/are really good and top five punchers but never got the look they deserve(d).

I was so hyped for Heartless battling in the Bunker but then he quit. He should have went out on a much higher note. Wish URL would have rocked with him more and had him become a regular headliner.

I'm still holding out for Brixx in the Bunker once they get a new venue sorted out.
Heartless had chances tbf his delivery was just too lacklustre and effeminate to work on any major leagues
Old 03-27-2017, 10:04 PM   #9
Tom HAAANHKS
The steel I rise

I think it was more of his persona people didn't fuck with, not so much his delivery but I guess that could of been a contributing factor. Personally, I prefer bars and a cool, calm delivery over dudes really "barking" but not saying shit. Some dudes would actually be waaay better off if they made it look like they weren't trying so damn hard.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:06 PM   #10
erfworm

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
erfworm is better than Grind Time Australiaerfworm is better than Grind Time Australia
Krayze, in Dont Flop. Got robbed out of that Top 8 Tryout tournament where the winner got a main event international battle and never really bothered battling after. The last of the decent newcomers in Dont Flop as well, everything went to shit after that.

erfworm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:07 PM   #11
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
flamez
Old 03-27-2017, 10:32 PM   #12
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 942 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Real Talk
Sir Locksley
Doms
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:34 PM   #13
Ampersand

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Ampersand is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Rio is the first one that comes to mind, he should've been way bigger than he ended up being.
Came here to say this , Cosign .
Old 03-27-2017, 10:37 PM   #14
Ampersand

J Dose and Ty Law come to mind too . They are both still good but they had the potential to be great and I don't think it is going to happen.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:56 PM   #15
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 831 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom HAAANHKS View Post

these guys are all "big"...all have URL battles and have battled in multiple leagues against big opponents

I think PC is a great example. His GT battle against Lance is str8 flames
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:56 PM   #16
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
Real Talk
Sir Locksley
Doms
Locksley is on the next ibattle card in BK.

Doms actually stopped battling all together - really liked that kid
Old 03-27-2017, 11:09 PM   #17
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 942 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge View Post
Locksley is on the next ibattle card in BK.

Doms actually stopped battling all together - really liked that kid
Oh word, didn't know Sir Locksley was still active. I just peeped his versetracker and it seems like he's been battling bottom of the barrel names on and off for the past few years. That's really weird.

I checked out Doms' page too, and holy shit, his views are ridiculous. 4.3 million views off 12 battles. All prior to 2013 too. He must've built a very strong following off AHAT.
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:09 PM   #18
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
two of the most underated right here imo

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:51 PM   #19
Emseed

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emseed is not the worst person
Doms
Stainless
Kaveman Brown
Old 03-28-2017, 12:06 AM   #20
Ampersand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emseed View Post
Kaveman Brown
Forgot about Kaveman Brown . He was nice.

Does Star Eater/Almighty count ? Him and Troy Brown both had flashes of brilliance but never really got any names from it.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:36 AM   #21
Tom HAAANHKS
The steel I rise

Heartless beat B magic and Calico. Brixx beat Magic. I can't ask for much more than that. They still don't get the respect they deserve regardless.

Post edited to not hurt feelings*

Last edited by Tom HAAANHKS; 03-28-2017 at 12:49 AM.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:40 AM   #22
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I really wish Flamez would've done more in this era, he had a solid performance against Anymal a few years back.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:50 AM   #23
iamHBY

As far as Konshis Pilot though, this was the last thing he seemed to say a few months before his J-Pro battle, where he seemed frustrated about some GZ battles falling through (including one with Born).

Old 03-28-2017, 01:09 AM   #24
thepointe01

I see a lot mentioning doms, I think I saw him once, gonna have to see some old battles of his. Rio was good, but I think he would have worn out his welcome pretty soon, but that's my opinion. Brixx is definitely one, and flamez was great.

Another one maybe is protege, that dude from the Philippines (that guy absolutely murdered Diaz (granted it is Diaz) and then had one battle with rone, which was fucked by the mic if I remember correctly. Does he still battle?
Old 03-28-2017, 01:20 AM   #25
Triptych
ɥɔʎʇdıɹ⊥

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Triptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time Australia
Pretty much everyone in Goon Platoon. Dirt, Real Talk, and Ivan da Great. All undeniably nice (Dirt's in my top 5) but yeah, they never blew up in this thing like I know they could. Dirt was supposed to be on Mass 2 even, but cancelled. Real Talk had some chokes and stumbles and said he lost steam on RapMusic a while ago, and I don't even know if Ivan's ever battled out of NY.

T. Riley, from New Orleans. Again, undeniably nice, but sticks to small time leagues ever since GrindTime folded.

The dude Strange, too. All these dudes have battled each other but keep to their upstate NY bubble. If it works for them, cool. But damn. They could wash a lot of active and bigger name cats easy.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:30 AM   #26
Emseed

Emseed is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
Forgot about Kaveman Brown . He was nice.

Does Star Eater/Almighty count ? Him and Troy Brown both had flashes of brilliance but never really got any names from it.
He still battles on GZ now and then, but I'd like to see him get a shot on a main card again.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:21 AM   #27
Ampersand

Young Gatas deserves some love here too . She would murk a lot of these mid tier guys on KOTD.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:45 AM   #28
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
Young Gatas deserves some love here too . She would murk a lot of these mid tier guys on KOTD.
Young Gattas is hands down the best female battle rapper of the written era, and I wanna see her back in the ring soon.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:02 AM   #29
Destro
Waxy Gordon

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Destro is not the worst person
Quote:
I really wish Flamez would've done more in this era, he had a solid performance against Anymal a few years back.
Were you at this event too? I was chilling with the homie @Serge T for a bunch of it, feels like it was ages ago (that event was actually a few weeks before SM2). I was always disappointed that they never released that battle on YouTube, Flamez went the fuck in.
Destro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:22 AM   #30
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post
Were you at this event too? I was chilling with the homie @Serge T for a bunch of it, feels like it was ages ago (that event was actually a few weeks before SM2). I was always disappointed that they never released that battle on YouTube, Flamez went the fuck in.
They actually did release it, it was just on Pen's channel, rather than URL (and for some reason, they only released it with one camera angle). I wasn't at that event, although I believe riffic was there in addition to serge, and there were some great battles at that event in general.

Old 03-28-2017, 05:35 AM   #31
Destro
Waxy Gordon

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Destro is not the worst person
Quote:
They actually did release it, it was just on Pen's channel, rather than URL (and for some reason, they only released it with one camera angle). I wasn't at that event, although I believe riffic was there in addition to serge, and there were some great battles at that event in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLa2LLoUKHM
Oh shit that's awesome. Never realized this came out, I'm definitely going to watch it tomorrow (when I'm not half asleep). Good lookin out.

And oh yeah,
Quote:
Young Gattas is hands down the best female battle rapper of the written era, and I wanna see her back in the ring soon.
this post is on point. Always been a big fan of Gattas, she's a beast.
Destro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:56 AM   #32
Heir Jordan
VIP

Heir Jordan is not the worst person
Richard Cranium is super dope, but haven't seen him battling much after that one DMV league event a couple years ago.
Heir Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:47 AM   #33
grandgroove

grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Konshis Pilot was definitely good. Wished he had stuck around.

I always liked Dirt. He ripped Sno a new one. Was scheduled for Mass 2 but couldn't leave his home state for some felony issue or something.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
grandgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:03 PM   #34
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Lotta Zay is super talented... he can sing too

Big kannon has it all... charisma, delivery, bars, and freestyle ability

Good call

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:20 PM   #35
Cabbagetown

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Cabbagetown is not the worst person
Big kannon should've done way more on more leagues, 100%
I liked ooops and Syd vicious, thought they both could've got bigger.
Heretic also looked like he had a lot of potential until his 2nd round with shuffle.
Cabbagetown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 03:27 PM   #36
lukej

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
lukej is not the worst person
I think Ness Lee should be a lot bigger than he is, no shots @Ness Lee

For all I know he couldn't care less.
lukej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:34 PM   #37
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post

I think I was the only other member there...

Bee Shine bro too, but he flew the coop
Old 03-28-2017, 04:43 PM   #38
gohannnh

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
gohannnh is not the worst person
Lucciano crakkk to me played the illest suburban gangsta character and gad extraordinary punches, way better than tycoon tax, he killed jc but jc made it farther
gohannnh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:55 PM   #39
Wickedness

Wickedness has seen da-feet
Rio, Mosh Jelton, Sonny Bamboo, (way back in the day)... Jack shit, Dlor, FLO, and.. unorthodox phrases
Old 03-28-2017, 08:18 PM   #40
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
Fredo
Cruger
Ness Lee
Mood Swangz
Okwerdz

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChopChoiceBeats
www.facebook.com/ChopChoiceBeats

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. MF Doom
4. Notorious BIG
5. Rick Ross