Battle RBE Presents: JC vs. Illmac

View Poll Results: Who won?
JC 1 4.17%
Illmac 23 95.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2017, 04:06 PM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
RBE Presents: JC vs. Illmac

iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:02 PM   #2
system
Shit.

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
system is not the worst person
oh ok
system is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:39 AM   #3
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Illmac 3-0.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:00 AM   #4
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Finally! Let's goooo
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:55 AM   #5
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
jc is terrible, no clue how people like him. also dude's acting cocky when they're basic af is hilarious to me. LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF THIS NIGGA! oh ok
irvsykeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:09 AM   #6
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
wtf i was just thinking earlier today that this battle should happen
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:39 AM   #7
irvsykeg

jc has absolutely no structure in his bars, rhymes super unevenly so u can't even follow his schemes, stops every single time there's more than .00003753 decibels of reaction, 90% of his wordplay makes no sense both in the sense of a punchline or phrasing cuz it's all forced, and half the punches are just garbage

this dude sucks LOL @ him being a huge name wtf
Old 12-18-2017, 05:31 AM   #8
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
This is probably in my top 5 battles of the year. Both have disgusting pen games. Ill with a clean W, no body.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 06:01 AM   #9
irvsykeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGodOfPez View Post
This is probably in my top 5 battles of the year. Both have disgusting pen games. Ill with a clean W, no body.
genuinely curious, what were your 5 lines or schemes from JC in this? the "5'2/size, too" shit was pretty tight, what else did he have that u think was hot?
Old 12-18-2017, 09:10 AM   #10
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
illmac 2-1 or 3-0. one of jc's weaker performances this year. out of his run i felt he only really brought consistently good material against trez
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 01:33 PM   #11
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
JC continues his habit of never being able to bring it against top tiers, I see. Give JC a useless bum and he will destroy him. Give him a shot at a big name and he falls apart, sigh!
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:42 PM   #12
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
DAMN..Illmac with back to back 30s against JC and Iron.

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:18 PM   #13
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
Illmac's second is INSANE, despite the fact it seems like he almost choked somewhere around the middle but he kept it together somehow. Gargoyle rebuttal was seriously impressive.

JC was aight, i'm a bit disappointed cause i was so hyped for this matchup cause i know what he's capable of when he's on, but he had some decent stuff in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:28 PM   #14
Feral Linguist

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
It was great that Illmac showed out in this one

Not an RBE enthusiast but I want to see more of him on their stage
Feral Linguist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:02 AM   #15
MCVeteran

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
MCVeteran is a PY Poster
JC is one of the main reasons I dont follow battles like I used to. How he still gets booked in main battles is baffling. Terrible
MCVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:02 PM   #16
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
JC is just hella average to me more often than not tbh
Old 12-20-2017, 04:41 AM   #17
Sky2real

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
LOL people finally realizing the JC hype was a farce. Niggas thought he suddenly became top tier after 50 years of battling?? Lmao. He is what he is. Meh. Needs to stop trying to battle and just ghost write. People are tired of the forced and long winded way he writes. And his delivery is trash, his believability is non-existent.

Another failed lux wanna be.

Last edited by Sky2real; 12-20-2017 at 04:46 AM.
Sky2real is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:21 AM   #18
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I think JC has brought it on occasion, being good again underperforming opponents can really help your rep: look at Clips getting Hollow and Lux a few years back. This battle is definitely a sign that JC battles too much, some of his punches in the first were so played out.

Also can we ban 'ratchet' gun bars please. That angle has been done to death (Although JC's one was worrying one of his best bars in the first).
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:45 PM   #19
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Illmac got the ill sack! NO HOMO

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:46 PM   #20
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
genuinely curious, what were your 5 lines or schemes from JC in this? the "5'2/size, too" shit was pretty tight, what else did he have that u think was hot?
He was better two years ago hes kind of lost his way a bit

Rip ux9
Old 12-20-2017, 04:52 PM   #21
iamHBY

I actually like JC, but especially compared to something like his Trez battle earlier this year, it seemed like he was running on fumes here (especially considering that he had battled Nitty like two months before this battle, and taking on T-Top a week after this). Illmac showed that he could hold his own on an NY stage, and I wouldn't mind seeing him take another RBE battle in 2018.
Old 12-21-2017, 12:41 AM   #22
thatguy

Mentioned: 768 Post(s)
thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
two of the best, if you disagree you hatin
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Dizaster is my most favorite battle rapper of all time.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 01:22 AM   #23
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I actually like JC, but especially compared to something like his Trez battle earlier this year, it seemed like he was running on fumes here (especially considering that he had battled Nitty like two months before this battle, and taking on T-Top a week after this). Illmac showed that he could hold his own on an NY stage, and I wouldn't mind seeing him take another RBE battle in 2018.
you cant be battling the level of competition JC is as frquently as he is and excpect to keep pace everytime he better get a long break in if he ever does get lux
Old 12-21-2017, 02:44 AM   #24
StabYourself
Seasoned Fan

Mentioned: 337 Post(s)
StabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I don't stand for that wack sweatshirt either, Illmac.

http://973-eht-namuh-973.com/
StabYourself is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 03:03 AM   #25
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Illmac with the dirty 3-0. I met JC in Portland once. Nice guy.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:13 AM   #26
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by StabYourself View Post
I don't stand for that wack sweatshirt either, Illmac.
Funny to see Illmac call JC out for quieting the crowd too. It really brought home his whole 'at home in NY' angle.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:18 AM   #27
irvsykeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyProehl View Post
He was better two years ago hes kind of lost his way a bit
doubt it

people don't just suddenly forget how to structure rhymes and start being terrible due to battle fatigue

illmac YOU LATE! wtf stfu
Old 12-21-2017, 02:20 PM   #28
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Quote:
doubt it

people don't just suddenly forget how to structure rhymes and start being terrible due to battle fatigue

illmac YOU LATE! wtf stfu
Not saying its bc he battles too much. I get what youre saying bc while he builds to a punch its almost taxing to remember what hes ryhming but at least he has his own style for the most part

Rip ux9
Old 12-21-2017, 03:28 PM   #29
JF1VE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
JF1VE is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
JC boring
JF1VE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:50 PM   #30
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
jc has absolutely no structure in his bars, rhymes super unevenly so u can't even follow his schemes, stops every single time there's more than .00003753 decibels of reaction, 90% of his wordplay makes no sense both in the sense of a punchline or phrasing cuz it's all forced, and half the punches are just garbage

this dude sucks LOL @ him being a huge name wtf
Your head is so far up illmac’s ass

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:50 PM   #31
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Not saying its bc he battles too much. I get what youre saying bc while he builds to a punch its almost taxing to remember what hes ryhming but at least he has his own style for the most part
At least you explained it

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 09:00 PM   #32
irvsykeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
Your head is so far up illmac’s ass
i literally said nothing about illmac you dolt

Quote:
yeah sorry that was a general response, not directed at you, emancee and others have said it's cuz he battles too much

maybe he just fell off, idk, but there's a correlation with people being insanely cocky and on their own dick and being terrible as fuck imo

luckily most crowds are dumb and dont even understand half the lines, just go crazy when they think they should

OH YOU A REAL CLINTON!
Old 12-21-2017, 11:40 PM   #33
irvsykeg

"i'm in a different zone/ so if money talks, a stretcher is what i leave my victim on!"

so ignoring the fact (which shouldn't be ignored) that victim on and vic damone are pronounced completely different, how is this tight?

i mean, this is is what makes battle rap fucking terrible for me. a bunch of dude's forcing wordplay together instead of rapping about their opponent. it's a jumbled mess of dude's trying to be clever for the sake of being clever who just aren't actually clever.

i haven't seen money talks, but is there something involving a stretcher in it to make that shit relevant? and even if there is, he didn't tie "money talks" as a phrase into the line at all. it's just loose shitty wordplay crammed together for no reason.

inb4 "only nerds examine and look into lines like that!" which is hilarious since the only thing nerdier than "examining it" (which is no more than expecting a lien to make sense) is a dude sitting down and writing it
Old 12-21-2017, 11:53 PM   #34
irvsykeg

literally all you have to do is sculpt the line into a different setup so it fits. it's a basic building block of writing. tie "money talks" the movie into "money talks" the phrase so your bar isn't literally "hey, i discovered vic damone can somewhat sound like victim on. but that's it. just wanted y'all to know it, too"

the line itself is not very strong so at least tie it into other phrases or build shit around it, ya fuckin lazy hack. altho tbh this is prob the extent of his capabilities and he thinks it's fire.

i'm in a different zone
he know if we battle for bread, ill grip the chrome
throw stacks in? it's no actin, i'll split his dome
cuz money talks, so a stretcher is what i leave my victim on

those are lazy rhymes but that is infinitely better than his 1-2 bullshit. even if he wrote it with a money talks reference, the punch is still go fuckin weak u need to build it up with more shit. thats way better as a faster 4 bar than a lazy slow 2. mad annoying he repeats it when the crowd like barely says anything, DUDE FEELIN HIMSELF LIKE MASTURBATIN

anyway i know nobody cares but TRUST ME I AM CORRECT AS ALWAYS

Last edited by irvsykeg; 12-21-2017 at 11:56 PM.
Old 12-24-2017, 03:12 PM   #35
EchosMyron

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
EchosMyron is not the worst person
JC hasn't been good since he started this slow style where he stops for a full year after something "lands." He used to actually rap. Now it's more like he's giving you a presentation / lecture for a word-play concept.

Sometimes the writing is good enough to be entertaining but it's an extreme uphill climb because his style is so dull.

Illmac got him clear.
EchosMyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 09:02 AM   #36
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchosMyron View Post
JC hasn't been good since he started this slow style where he stops for a full year after something "lands." He used to actually rap. Now it's more like he's giving you a presentation / lecture for a word-play concept.

Sometimes the writing is good enough to be entertaining but it's an extreme uphill climb because his style is so dull.

Illmac got him clear.
yeah, JC used to be more punch heavy and rapidfire. now he just rambles with long winded setups and might land a haymaker or two a round.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 09:38 PM   #37
irvsykeg

someone posted some old quotes from him and the structure and style is completely different. to the point i am sure he had ghostwriters then. nobody suddenly stops writing COMPLETELY different, especially when it's a huge downgrade
Old 12-27-2017, 02:14 AM   #38
Emseed

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emseed is not the worst person
This is the first battle I've actually liked in a long time. Fire from both. I thought it wasn't possible for me to like a battle anymore, but this was actually good.

Tags
five foot 2 big dicks, id 3-0 illmacs shitmaker, id give illmac a go, no homo, pause, these two are cute tbh