Forum Home > Text & Audio Battles > Text Battle Discussion
Announcement New Text Section Rules

Old 07-21-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
New Text Section Rules

This section has suffered from over saturation as of late, and we've had numerous problems with posters getting salty in battles, so @KBomb and I have decided some rules need to be set in place.
  1. One battle per week.
    This may be changed at some point, but, for now, people generate material really quickly that's not good, littered with grammar errors, spelling errors, words that don't rhyme, and punch lines that are completely played out. People don't want to read text battles if they have to sift through lousy material.
  2. Disrespecting your opponent by deliberately writing a lazy verse.
    I can't believe we even need to talk about this, but if another person spends their time on writing bars for you, it's not fair for their time, or for the readers/judges. If you do this in a battle, you won't be allowed to battle in the section for two months.
  3. Arguing with people or trying to sway votes.
    We've seen this a lot in this section, and it's a serious problem. Once your bars are out, if people don't like them, or get them, you can send that person a message after they've voted to discuss it. No one wants to judge battles if they'll have to bicker for hours. Quite simply, if you do this, we won't post your battles and you can go somewhere else.

Not to say that you can't ask questions about people's votes or on how to improve. Discussion is important in getting better, but there's a big difference between discussion and argument.
  4. You must decided before posting how you want your battle to be judged.
    So, this is to announce that you have two different methods of judging for battles. You can either have a community vote, or you can both agree on 3 or 5 judges for a battle. If you worry about voting being biased, the latter option is encouraged. You can always ask KBomb or myself to be judges, and we will give an unbiased judgment.
  5. Stop complaining when your battle isn't posted right away.
    Honestly, this happens way too often, and it's a frustration for both KBomb and I. We try to post battles once we have bars from both battlers, but sometimes we are busy. We've got lives. If I am not on this forum for 10-12 hours, I typically have PMs and mentions complaining about a battle being posted. Relax. People used to wait days on battles to be posted here. If it has been a couple of days, send a polite remember, as we may have forgotten, but that's it.
  6. Send bars to both KBomb and myself.
    Sending to one or the other isn't really going to help you get your battle up right away. So, for the sake of everyone, please send bars to both of us.

Anything else anyone wants to talk about with this section?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1

Last edited by Seanzo; 07-21-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:52 PM   #2
Seanzo
We in here

Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
@Dank Schrader, @Throwback Mike, @SuckaFreeCashier, @Prelec, @FatManFromSpace, @Smokinstein, @The Chef, @TREY mothafucking DEUCE, @Memphis, @thatguy, @illipsis, @Skunk Hogan, @MFtastick, @Ron Jereurghmy, @WestGotBars, @Altair's Carnage, @Loc, @Bobby Bigelow @JOBone, @JShazo, @Foul, @Hu$tLe WiLsoN, @Exenexex
Quote:
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:

Last edited by Seanzo; 07-21-2014 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:00 PM   #3
Blanco14
I'm from Houston homie

Mentioned: 644 Post(s)
Blanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICE
I'm assuming I didn't get tagged because I'm awesome and follow all the rules not because you forgot me
Blanco14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:01 PM   #4
Bobby Bigelow
You dont want no

Mentioned: 391 Post(s)
Bobby Bigelow is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
[*]Disrespecting your opponent by deliberately writing a lazy verse.
I can't believe we even need to talk about this, but if another person spends their time on writing bars for you, it's not fair for their time, or for the readers/judges. If you do this in a battle, you won't be allowed to battle in the section for two months.
R.I.P. Yagerbomb
Old 07-21-2014, 08:05 PM   #5
Prelec
kevin

Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
Apart from wack lines, are there any other verse restrictions?
Prelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:08 PM   #6
Seanzo
We in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelec View Post
Apart from wack lines, are there any other verse restrictions?
No, creativity's always encouraged, but generating garbage and being like "hah, this is me writing shit because stfu" isn't cool.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-21-2014, 08:09 PM   #7
Prelec
kevin

Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
Quote:
No, creativity's always encouraged, but generating garbage and being like "hah, this is me writing shit because stfu" isn't cool.
So there are no limits whatsoever?
Cool
Old 07-21-2014, 08:10 PM   #8
Seanzo
We in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelec View Post
So there are no limits whatsoever?
Cool
...I have a feeling this is going to come back to bite me in the ass.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-21-2014, 08:14 PM   #9
KBomb
2dope4you

Mentioned: 1551 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
Just to clarify, this is an attempt to make the battles here in the PG higher quality. People that take 3-4 battles a week have super watered down material that 9 times out of 10 isnt worth reading. Take your time and write things worth sifting through people.

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason
KBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:17 PM   #10
Blanco14
I'm from Houston homie

Blanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICEBlanco14 is NICE
You hear that @SuckaFreeCashier... don't be shitty
Old 07-21-2014, 08:19 PM   #11
The Chef
KingOfThaKitchen

Mentioned: 305 Post(s)
The Chef is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Chef is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Chef is better than Grind Time Antarctica
in my last battle. i noticed a direct bite from a battle thats considered boty... no one else noticed it, would i be in the wrong to point it out?
A Feat Would Be To Do Lines Completely Unrelated To A Game Or Movie That Clearly Reference Them.
The Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:24 PM   #12
Seanzo
We in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef View Post
in my last battle. i noticed a direct bite from a battle thats considered boty... no one else noticed it, would i be in the wrong to point it out?
You can't point it out in the battle, unfortunately. You can mention it later, though.

I know the bar (and bars, if we're being honest) you're talking about; I was shocked no one pointed that out, or the other few bars that had been taken from big battles. Day vs Chilla is a battle we've all seen...
Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-21-2014, 08:35 PM   #13
The Chef
KingOfThaKitchen

The Chef is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Chef is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Chef is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
You can't point it out in the battle, unfortunately. You can mention it later, though.

I know the bar (and bars, if we're being honest) you're talking about; I was shocked no one pointed that out, or the other few bars that had been taken from big battles. Day vs Chilla is a battle we've all seen...
i got no issue taking a L. that one there was some bullshit tho. regardless i respect the work you and @KBomb put in
A Feat Would Be To Do Lines Completely Unrelated To A Game Or Movie That Clearly Reference Them.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:38 PM   #14
SuckaFreeCashier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco14 View Post
You hear that @SuckaFreeCashier... don't be shitty
are you even good enough to battle in the pgs? or this just going to be a pm battle that nobody else should see?
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
SuckaFreeCashier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:41 PM   #15
SuckaFreeCashier

SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef View Post
i got no issue taking a L. that one there was some bullshit tho. regardless i respect the work you and @KBomb put in
Yeah i fucked up there. It was late/early when I was doing my write up and i knew i heard that concept from somewhere but I couldn't pinpoint it so I let it slide.

But tbf, I have bit daylyt on a couple of occassions without knowing at all that the bar I used was something said. So bites sometimes can be accidental (even though it doesn't quite seem like it in this case).

And finally, these rules are a great addition to the site. Hopefully can get the PGs out of the shitter they've been in for the last couple months.
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:43 PM   #16
Loc

Mentioned: 417 Post(s)
Loc is not the worst person
We should be allowed to point out any biting or cheating from the enemy.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:44 PM   #17
Prelec
kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc View Post
Ye, because else anyone could bite, cheat or whatever and get away with it if we cant mention it. Good point Loc
Old 07-21-2014, 08:47 PM   #18
Seanzo
We in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc View Post
Yeah, that's just going to turn into bickering in threads. People judging the battle can point it out.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-21-2014, 08:56 PM   #19
The Chef
KingOfThaKitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaFreeCashier View Post
Yeah i fucked up there. It was late/early when I was doing my write up and i knew i heard that concept from somewhere but I couldn't pinpoint it so I let it slide.

But tbf, I have bit daylyt on a couple of occassions without knowing at all that the bar I used was something said. So bites sometimes can be accidental (even though it doesn't quite seem like it in this case).

And finally, these rules are a great addition to the site. Hopefully can get the PGs out of the shitter they've been in for the last couple months.
at least you peeped the battle. i cant get mad at that. iv bit a couple people too. i dident come with some "stand up niggaz dont lean" type of bite
Old 07-21-2014, 08:57 PM   #20
The Chef
KingOfThaKitchen

Quote:
Yeah, that's just going to turn into bickering in threads. People judging the battle can point it out.
im wit seanzo on this one. theres to much bickering to begin with
Old 07-21-2014, 09:00 PM   #21
Prelec
kevin

Quote:
So you cant even point out over the head lines?

Lines going over the head like
Old 07-21-2014, 09:16 PM   #22
Og Smokinstein
Deathstro da great

Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Og Smokinstein is better than Grind Time AustraliaOg Smokinstein is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:

Yeah it was a mistake....

I got my wires crossed...I smoke too much weed and watch to many battles.
my fault@ thechef didn't mean no disrespect.

You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on a drug
Especially when itís waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye"- Raoul Duke
Og Smokinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:06 PM   #23
Throwback Mike
I'M NOT PAT STAY

Mentioned: 806 Post(s)
Throwback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time Antarctica
These rules are totally on point. I think this should really improve a PG section that's been a bit of a mess recently.

As far as "bites" (or just really similar lines), I usually don't point them out unless it's some haymaker that could really change the battle--especially if other people are hyping it up. If I didn't react to it because I've already heard/seen it elsewhere, I usually just don't comment since most of the time it's accidental and I don't want to seem unnecessarily accusatory. Against Job and Smoke, I would've used a Chilla bar (from his YK battle) almost word-for-word if it hadn't been cut from the writing process for other reasons. Sometimes people just forget what they've come up with on their own and what they've heard elsewhere and only remember subconsciously.
Throwback Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:14 PM   #24
FatManFromSpace
Twinkie Madness

Mentioned: 277 Post(s)
FatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time AustraliaFatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time AustraliaFatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time Australia
Don't disagree with any of these.
FatManFromSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:49 PM   #25
JShazo

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
JShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJShazo is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Cool..
Old 07-21-2014, 10:52 PM   #26
damon116

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
damon116 is not the worst person
how do I get in on these battles?
damon116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:05 PM   #27
Seanzo
We in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by damon116 View Post
how do I get in on these battles?
make a call out here in discussion or in the Proving Grounds, and battle someone who responds. That, or respond to someone else's. We also have this thread: http://rmbva.com/looking-battle-find...ere-t1788.html
Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-21-2014, 11:45 PM   #28
Yagerbomb
FUCK

Mentioned: 486 Post(s)
Yagerbomb is not the worst person
So I'm done for two months is what you're saying???
Get 'em a fuccen soda
Yagerbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:10 AM   #29
Exenexex
project pattahhhhh

Mentioned: 322 Post(s)
Exenexex is better than Grind Time AustraliaExenexex is better than Grind Time AustraliaExenexex is better than Grind Time Australia
*in my 3 Letter Man from AngryFansRadio voice*

I fux with these rules heavy my G
Exenexex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:20 AM   #30
Blanco14
I'm from Houston homie

Quote:
are you even good enough to battle in the pgs? or this just going to be a pm battle that nobody else should see?
You do know you're the one dying right?
Old 07-22-2014, 01:23 AM   #31
Dank Schrader
Something whitty

Mentioned: 962 Post(s)
Dank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICE
Rules are on point

Let's make this shit great again in respect to the fallen warriors

RIP Bells

RIP Mantis
MY WINRAR ISN'T LICENSED
Dank Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:29 AM   #32
Seanzo
We in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagerbomb View Post
So I'm done for two months is what you're saying???
No, it's not fair to punish someone for a rule that wasn't in place. Also, it'd be a passive aggressive move to tell you by these rules instead of through PM.

Just don't do it again.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-22-2014, 01:47 AM   #33
Yagerbomb
FUCK

Mentioned: 486 Post(s)
Yagerbomb is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
Rules are on point

RIP Bells

RIP Mantis
RIP Clarke
Get 'em a fuccen soda
Yagerbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:56 AM   #34
SuckaFreeCashier

Quote:
You do know you're the one dying right?
that's cute. loc'll nail a broad sooner than you'll win another text battle
Old 07-22-2014, 02:09 AM   #35
Blanco14
I'm from Houston homie

I'm on a like 5 battle win streak
Have you had 5 battles yet?
Son
Old 07-22-2014, 02:13 AM   #36
SuckaFreeCashier

Quote:
I'm on a like 5 battle win streak
Have you had 5 battles yet?
Son
pussy better freshen up on my history if you want a shot. Gone for over a month and not a single person noticed. Nice win streak though.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:14 AM   #37
Blanco14
I'm from Houston homie

You weren't invited to the welcome back party

I know you mad right now
Somebody bout to get bagged right now
Old 07-22-2014, 09:48 AM   #38
Dank Schrader
Something whitty

Mentioned: 962 Post(s)
Dank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICE
Quote:
that's cute. loc'll nail a broad sooner than you'll win another text battle
I'm all for shit talking to hype battles.....but you gotta make it at least half believable
MY WINRAR ISN'T LICENSED
Dank Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:20 AM   #39
coathangerdaboatslanger
registered loser

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
coathangerdaboatslanger is a PY Poster
whats really hood namsayin?
Old 07-22-2014, 10:21 AM   #40
coathangerdaboatslanger
registered loser

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
coathangerdaboatslanger is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
Rules are on point

RIP Bells

RIP Mantis
mantis will be back. lil nig locked up on some bs bro... that fool got caught up good, he serving his time and keeping his head low